Why is it so hard to resist the poser bag?

jons1

[quote name='IanMoone' timestamp='1392014765' post='8634851']

Still dont think Im a poser sorry to burst your bubble I just love p***y so Im a Puma guy :taunt:

I play Cobra coz thats what I was "raised" around. My father played so when I started up I borrowed his clubs and thats what I hit. Like i said previously we are close to our local rep and long story short. If I can get a staff bag at cost... why would I not? Lots more room in the bag to stuff all your gear and I never carry my bag so its perfect.

[/quote]

Wow, you really do go full out. So do you actually pay someone to carry your bag each round, maybe roll by Home Depot on your way to the course, or you got a little brother you can bully into doing it?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about creating this thread was how much people seemed to appreciate the subtle, and not so subtle, humor of it. Most things that are funny are rooted in some truth.

By going over all the companies, I've actually broadened my club interests and options I'd consider. I guess I'll have to hold out for the best offer. :telephone:[size=4] They seem to be having trouble reaching me to finalize my contract, however.[/size]

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1392016741' post='8634895']
The best thing about creating this thread was how much people seemed to appreciate the subtle, and not so subtle, humor of it. Most things that are funny are rooted in some truth.

By going over all the companies, I've actually broadened my club interests and options I'd consider. I guess I'll have to hold out for the best offer. :telephone:[size=4] They seem to be having trouble reaching me to finalize my contract, however.[/size]
[/quote]

Definitely odd that anyone would take it seriously or see it as some kind of threat. This thread was the first time I've ever legit laughed out loud on golfwrx. Well, maybe mtljeff has gotten a chuckle out of me before.

Gotta go and film a fake Ping staff commercial now. Damn fake clauses in fake contracts. ;)

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

[quote name='Golf Ball Wacker Guy' timestamp='1392019284' post='8634943']
What's more "poser" than creating a topic to make everyone else look like the posers?
[/quote]

Being the guy who pointed it out ;)

j/k

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I went to the range last night with my personalized Hoofer2 and posed, I mean "desicrated" the honor that industry professionals earned by having their names on etched onto their golf bags. Lol. Shout out to L7 on that one again... I did it for you bud!

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

Love it and have to say i am a TM Poser!!!!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1391912052' post='8626593']
I think you can play all one company and not be a poser. A real poser is the guy decked out head to toe with blades and staff bag and hits it all over the park carding a beautiful 108. That same guy comes on here and chimes in on the obligatory "should I play blades" thread claiming how it doesn't affect his game, ball striking is his forte and it's the putting and driving that really hurt him.
[/quote]

Do we know each other?

Just kidding :golfer:

[quote name='toc' timestamp='1392028557' post='8635065']

[/quote]

Definitely odd that anyone would take it seriously or see it as some kind of threat. This thread was the first time I've ever legit laughed out loud on golfwrx. Well, maybe mtljeff has gotten a chuckle out of me before.

Gotta go and film a fake Ping staff commercial now. Damn fake clauses in fake contracts. ;)
[/quote]

Indeed this thread has been great for identifying who has a sense of humour and who might just be a tad up their own backside :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='Golfer827' timestamp='1391998863' post='8633363']
[quote name='ovib' timestamp='1391912605' post='8626639']
titleist + underarmour would go very well too
[/quote]

<_< I actually do that... Titleist clubs, UA apparel (aside from pants)
[/quote]

Went to the ua outlet yesterday, left with 2 shorts and 2 polos. Also play titleist clubs.

Hey, if spieth makes it look good so can we ;)

Taylormade R1
Titleist 913F 15*(set to 16.5*)
Taylormade Rescue11 19*
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW
Vokey SM4 50*, TVD-K 56 (bent to 55)
SC Select Newport 2

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1391995702' post='8632891']
[quote name='luck box' timestamp='1391993801' post='8632597']
Wait so I am confused. If I have a SLDR driver and jet speed fairway woods should I get the Jet Speed "Distance is the Law" tour bag since it is the newer one or do I match it with my driver?

Sincerely,

The "9" at my club that is perpetually having his worst round ever.
[/quote]

One of the major cons to a TM sponsorship is keeping up with the branding. General rule of thumb, driver trumps all.
[/quote]

But with the sponsorship everything is free. Sell the old stuff on Ebay and make a fortune.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Last year I signed a pretty big pretend sponsorship with Adidas. Bag you see in my AV, shoes and glove. Already had a bunch of their clothes and shoes. That way I wasn't tied to any one OEM. Played Callaway driver, Callaway 3 wood, Adams Hybrids, Cally irons, scratch wedges, versa and Hex Black tour.

This year the bag is looking like Titleist 910 D3 driver, 910 F, 910 H 19* and 24*, Cally irons but they have lead tape on the back covering the badging so technically these could be 1 off "protos", Scratch wedges. Putter is yet to be determined and I'm probably going back to the Pro V1.

Word of advice to those bypassing an OEM sponsorship for a bag/clothing deal. They aren't as willing to give you clubs and therefore you have to secure them on your own. Since your no longer getting free clubs and you missed a bunch of cuts shooting in the mid 80's you have to resort to using demo or older clubs until you start making cuts, earning more $$$$ to secure the brand new gear.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

In trying to keep up with the times, from a fashion standpoint, my stylist and my rep got together to discus my tourney attire. The top priority during their conversation was footware. For the last 20 years, I have been a traditional FJ Classics and Icon kind of player. However, it was communicated to me that since a lot of staff players are wearing the "athletic/sneaker" style golf shoes it would be in my interest to follow suit. Unfortunately, after an intense month of trying the athletic golf shoes, I just couldn't make the transition. With the lighter and more flexible soles of the sneakers, I noticed an immediate destabilization of my foundation. There was far too much movement in my footwork. With my conventional leather-soled shoes, I never had any problems staying firmly planted throughout the swing. Better luck next time I guess...

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1392015937' post='8634877']
[quote name='IanMoone' timestamp='1392014765' post='8634851']
Still dont think Im a poser sorry to burst your bubble I just love p***y so Im a Puma guy :taunt:

I play Cobra coz thats what I was "raised" around. My father played so when I started up I borrowed his clubs and thats what I hit. Like i said previously we are close to our local rep and long story short. If I can get a staff bag at cost... why would I not? Lots more room in the bag to stuff all your gear and I never carry my bag so its perfect.

[/quote]

Wow, you really do go full out. So do you actually pay someone to carry your bag each round, maybe roll by Home Depot on your way to the course, or you got a little brother you can bully into doing it?
[/quote]

Actually I use a push cart or drive cart whichever is good on the day. What does Home Depot have to do with anything? Is that where mommy and daddy shops for you? Is that where you got your blankie' ? I see just another lonely soul trying to stimulate himself by hearing himself speak. But hey if your little brother is available Ill put him to work probably needs the money :)

[quote name='llamont' timestamp='1392054507' post='8637315']
In trying to keep up with the times, from a fashion standpoint, my stylist and my rep got together to discus my tourney attire. The top priority during their conversation was footware. For the last 20 years, I have been a traditional FJ Classics and Icon kind of player. However, it was communicated to me that since a lot of staff players are wearing the "athletic/sneaker" style golf shoes it would be in my interest to follow suit. Unfortunately, after an intense month of trying the athletic golf shoes, I just couldn't make the transition. With the lighter and more flexible soles of the sneakers, I noticed an immediate destabilization of my foundation. There was far too much movement in my footwork. With my conventional leather-soled shoes, I never had any problems staying firmly planted throughout the swing. Better luck next time I guess...
[/quote]

You don't have to wear anything you don't want to. It's always good to remind them who's the boss once in a while.... and by that I mean Tony Danza

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

By going over all the companies, I've actually broadened my club interests and options I'd consider. I guess I'll have to hold out for the best offer. :telephone: [b]They seem to be having trouble reaching me to finalize my contract, however.[/b]
[/quote]

Just make sure that when they do finally call, the pen they sign your endorsement check with has real ink in it. When I left mine said $10,000,000.00 and by the time I got home it was just a blank piece of paper ;)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='super20dan' timestamp='1392068305' post='8639095']
i bet if the original post somehow found its way into the pro,s lockerroom at the next few tour stops they would wet them selfs laughing too.i dont think i have ever read anything so funny and so spot on in all my life. dont some real pro,s hang out here at least in secret?
[/quote]

I'd like to say I plagiarized the whole thing... but those thoughts were actually in my mind. I think I have a poser problem.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1392078044' post='8640193']
[quote name='super20dan' timestamp='1392068305' post='8639095']
i bet if the original post somehow found its way into the pro,s lockerroom at the next few tour stops they would wet them selfs laughing too.i dont think i have ever read anything so funny and so spot on in all my life. dont some real pro,s hang out here at least in secret?
[/quote]

I'd like to say I plagiarized the whole thing... but those thoughts were actually in my mind. I think I have a poser problem.
[/quote]

Maybe your a PROser, a pro pretending to be a hack who is pretending to be a pro :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

"Hello, my name is Dan and I'm a Titleist poser........." - duckjr78

"Hi Dan." - Golfwrx

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I used to be a PING poser thru and thru when I first started. Now I have a Bridgestone driver, PING woods & wedges, and Mizuno irons. I hope they don't notice.............. I do have my eyes on the S55 irons though...... crap, back to being a poser.

Bridgestone J33 460 - 8.5* Aldila NV85
PING i15 3W & 5W - UST Tour Green 85
Mizuno MP-63 4-PW - DGS300
PING Tour-S 52* & 56* DGS300
Mizuno MP T-11 64* DG Spinner
PING ANSER MILLED