Why is it so hard to resist the poser bag?

jons1

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1391971282' post='8629979']
Combine this thread, with [url="http://nolayingup.com/2014/01/30/a-primer-on-how-to-act-like-a-pro-toursauce/"]http://nolayingup.co...-pro-toursauce/[/url]
and you've got a season filled with entertainment
[/quote]LMAO, Dude, THAT is classic-

Made my afternoon-

If Part 2 matches this, then it'll be epic, lol

Great post!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have name on the bag, but those who are critical of college players with their name on the bag need to understand that in most instances, those bags are provided by university. The school orders the bag through the manufacturer with the player's name so player represents school in sanctioned tournaments. A player receiving this bag is often a special moment for these young players. Further note, players are not to use these bags in tournaments in which they do not represent the school. There are reasons for the practice, I understand where many are coming from, but in this case-poser should not apply.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='nochrome' timestamp='1391973170' post='8630171']
Don't have name on the bag, but those who are critical of college players with their name on the bag need to understand that in most instances, those bags are provided by university. The school orders the bag through the manufacturer with the player's name so player represents school in sanctioned tournaments. A player receiving this bag is often a special moment for these young players. Further note, players are not to use these bags in tournaments in which they do not represent the school. There are reasons for the practice, I understand where many are coming from, but in this case-poser should not apply.
[/quote]Yep, and player really has no input Into that other than to give the correct spelling of their name.

That is part of the "uniform," just as their shirts, slacks/shorts & shoes are.

Great point!

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='nuthin but a hacker' timestamp='1391970897' post='8629941']
Love the Steelers cover! I've always wanted to put together a Steelers bag just to piss off all the titans fans around here. GO STEELERS
[/quote] Though I've never been a fan of the Titans, I always liked Munchak cuz my best friend growing up played with and roomed with him at Penn State. He's a warrior, not to mention a hell of a man, based on his actions regarding his asst. Coaches. We(as you obviously know) had a coach go the other way, and let the Rooneys get rid of 4 of his coaches.

Munch landing in Pgh is a major Get!!

And the back shot of James is Epic!!

BTW, I've got an extra bag tag along with an extra mallet cover if you happen to play one-

If you'd like them, just PM me your address-

Richard

Im a solid 10/11 handicap. I play Cobra, I wear Puma and I get more compliments than attitude. Its all how you carry yourself. Im fit Im in my 30's Im an outgoing guy I know my rep personally so I get great hook ups. I like using Staff Bags because you can fit more food and gear in the damn things has nothing to do with being a poser. Im not trying to be anyone Im not. Im just me enjoying the game. I do not have my name on my bag. I tend not to focus on what people are wearing or playing I prefer to play golf and just enjoy my time on the course. I mean seriously if you are focusing on what others are wearing or using its YOU with the problem. I could care less what you hit or what you wear as long as your pace of play is solid and you arent a douchebag.

Great thread .... Thanks

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

[quote name='super20dan' timestamp='1391979473' post='8630807']
what if your brand loyality lies in companys that are out of biz? when i show up at my course i have heard the staff say -here comes mr hogan again. this make me a postimous poser?
[/quote]

Sounds like your staff are kind of rude. Next time I'd suggest signing some old gloves to hand out, or signing their shirts without asking. BTW, it's fine to sign a lifetime contract with your pretend sponsor.

Just pull a wilson staff... it will work

http://youtu.be/YdG9JLt5OD0

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='IanMoone' timestamp='1391975960' post='8630469']
Im a solid 10/11 handicap. I play Cobra, I wear Puma and I get more compliments than attitude. Its all how you carry yourself. Im fit Im in my 30's Im an outgoing guy I know my rep personally so I get great hook ups.
[/quote]

That's not even a passive brag ... You had me until you named dropped your cobra rep.

All this rep talk, I think you guys are already professionals. Name dropping some info about "my rep" is just the kind of talk that can pull off any of these pretend sponsorships. Way to go guys!

:rockon:

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

Regardless of whether you have a mixed bag and apparel, please please please remember to refer to anything and everything as a [b]GAME CHANGER[/b]!

My driver? Ya the new Route1 Dead Straight has been a total [i]game changer[/i]. I now hit 13/14 fairways a round and the one miss is when I play it safe with a 3 iron.
These shoes? Total [i]game changer[/i] man. I play 36 a day now and go dancing with the mrs every evening. No way could I do that before these shoes.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1391984588' post='8631425']
Regardless of whether you have a mixed bag and apparel, please please please remember to refer to anything and everything as a [b]GAME CHANGER[/b]!

My driver? Ya the new Route1 Dead Straight has been a total [i]game changer[/i]. I now hit 13/14 fairways a round and the one miss is when I play it safe with a 3 iron.
These shoes? Total [i]game changer[/i] man. I play 36 a day now and go dancing with the mrs every evening. No way could I do that before these shoes.
[/quote]

It's funny you mention this. Ever since Taylormade hooked me up with this new JetSpeed driver, I've never driven the golf ball better. I'm really liking my chances this year with the work I've been doing in the off season with perhaps the longest driver ever made in the history of the game of golf... ever. Plus I can turn to people after a drive and say.... JetSpeed

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

Haha. My rep. is the pimple faced kid at Dick's that covers the golf section when the actual pro is at lunch. I get mad hook-ups, they give me double, that's right, double points...when I print an internet coupon.

Callaway GBB Epic 9*, Aldila Rogue
Ping i25 3w, G400 3hy
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
Vokey 50* SM7 F, 56* SM7 S, 61* SM5 Raw M
Newport 2 Select

[quote name='IanMoone' timestamp='1391975960' post='8630469']
Im a solid 10/11 handicap. I play Cobra, I wear Puma and I get more compliments than attitude. Its all how you carry yourself. Im fit Im in my 30's Im an outgoing guy I know my rep personally so I get great hook ups. I like using Staff Bags because you can fit more food and gear in the damn things has nothing to do with being a poser. Im not trying to be anyone Im not. Im just me enjoying the game. I do not have my name on my bag. I tend not to focus on what people are wearing or playing I prefer to play golf and just enjoy my time on the course. I mean seriously if you are focusing on what others are wearing or using its YOU with the problem. I could care less what you hit or what you wear as long as your pace of play is solid and you arent a douchebag.
[/quote]

Welcome to the Forum, Ricky :swoon:

Titleist Tsr2 9*

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5*

PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 16*

PXG 0317X Gen 4 20.5*

Ping i210 5-P (26*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*

Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

So if I win the club championship and the pro at my course gives me a nice stand-bag with my name on the front pocket and the course name and logo on the side, am I a poseur for using it? Am I disrespecting all of those pros from the 50s and 60s who earned it?

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Jon H' timestamp='1391985060' post='8631483']
Haha. My rep. is the pimple faced kid at Dick's that covers the golf section when the actual pro is at lunch. I get mad hook-ups, they give me double, that's right, double points...when I print an internet coupon.
[/quote]LMAO, now THIS, is hillarious.

Well Done!!

Richard

Yes, confirmed.

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1391989012' post='8631955']
So if I win the club championship and the pro at my course gives me a nice stand-bag with my name on the front pocket and the course name and logo on the side, am I a poseur for using it? Am I disrespecting all of those pros from the 50s and 60s who earned it?
[/quote]

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

[/quote]50's & 60's?

I'm talking back to when Staff gave Gene his first bag in the early 20's, lol.

Seriously though, if it was a gift, and based off of a victory no less, again, that was given to you.

And even if it wasn't, and you decided that you wanted you name on your bag and ya went out and had it done, who the hell cares?

To each his/her own.

It's an individual thing, and I've got all of these quirky hang-ups anyway, so pay me no mind (cool)

Whatever bag that ya rock, have a great season with it!!

Richard

Every winter (winters get really long here in Saskatchewan) I contemplate going all in on new complete poser setup. I can picture myself with the complete imaginary sponsorship deal. Usuallly I debate between Nike, TM, Callaway and Titleist. I think having the complete poser setup would be great minus the name on the staff bag, I feel that is something you should be given. This is the time of year I research a couple poser options and think about going in for a fitting. I would love kidding with my usual foursome on opening day how I signed a sponsorship deal in the off season and then they would rib me for being a poser. By March I usually overcome this urge and make a couple minor purchases (ie shoes, grips, hybrid etc) to keep me satisfied until April. Once the Masters is on I no longer think much about my equipment. Who knows one day I might get my dream poser setup, until then I'm just another guy grinding out at the local muni.

PING LS TEC 9* Tour 65 stiff
Taylormade Aeroburner 3HL
Cleveland Mashie M3 20.5*
Odyssey White Hot Pro #2
Mizuno MP 63 4 - PW DG S300
Cobra Tour Trust Black 50*/8
Titleist SM5 Black s grind 56*/10
Titleist SM5 m grind 60*/8

[quote name='square' timestamp='1391989353' post='8631993']
Yes, confirmed.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Haha! Thanks!

PXG Bat Attack H

I'm sooooo tempted to just "Self Autograph" my bag a hundred times and post a picture lol, like come on now guys. Having your name on your bag is in no way disrespectful to ANYONE. If you like that sort of thing, or got it as a gift/prize then rock it. I don't see why not? :WTF:

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1391990107' post='8632067']
[/quote]50's & 60's?

I'm talking back to when Staff gave Gene his first bag in the early 20's, lol.

Seriously though, if it was a gift, and based off of a victory no less, again, that was given to you.

And even if it wasn't, and [b]you decided that you wanted you name on your bag and ya went out and had it done, who the hell cares?[/b]

[b]To each his/her own.[/b]

It's an individual thing, and I've got all of these quirky hang-ups anyway, so pay me no mind (cool)

Whatever bag that ya rock, have a great season with it!!

Richard
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I could care less if someone has his name on his bag or what kind of clubs he plays.

And I don't have my name on my bag. It was a hypothetical question. :fishing1:

PXG Bat Attack H

If you have trouble remembering what clubs you own, a named bag can help. This could be the result of old age, or just a general case of golf club hoism left untreated.

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry (which apparently use to be popular names) that enters the PGA program has a named bag, even before they earn the class A (which is all you really need to make $8/hour to run carts... professionally).

In general, I'd say a name on your bag as a person that doesn't work in the business isn't that cool. Even people that work in the industry generally think it's kind of uncool and will often not spend the extra money to have it done. I don't recommend it as a rule. Besides, you'll make it much harder to dump it on the bay when you have to switch pretend sponsors due to disagreements over the direction of the companies R&D.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1391992368' post='8632349']
when you have to switch pretend sponsors due to disagreements over the direction of the companies R&D.
[/quote]

Given what Taylormade is doing to Adams right now, this is what I'm considering. Should I follow the head designer to Wilson Staff? What kind of imaginary incentives would I be offered to jump?

Srixon Z355 - Miyazaki
Taylormade V-Steel 4-wood
Taylormade V-Steel 7-wood
Adams CB3 - KBS Tour 90
Wilson Staff FG TC 56/60
Yes Callie - bunch of lead tape on the bottom

Wait so I am confused. If I have a SLDR driver and jet speed fairway woods should I get the Jet Speed "Distance is the Law" tour bag since it is the newer one or do I match it with my driver?

Sincerely,

The "9" at my club that is perpetually having his worst round ever.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]