2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist's new 915D2 and 915D3 Drivers: In-hand photos

GolfWRX

[quote name='JPNC1977' timestamp='1403548673' post='9559429']
Looks good. Personally, I will wait to see what the performance numbers look like before jumping on the proverbial band wagon.
[/quote]
I agree...I hit everything out there till I find what works best...so far been Callaway the last couple of years...which did surprise me first year, not so much second. But working at a GG, I do hit everything and we have the performance hitting bays for TM, Ping, Callaway and Titleist, so I will have all the options to hit and quite a few of the exotics too. I like the looks, they haven't outperformed my gamers too often though...everyone is different.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for my fellow WRXs. I have been playing Ttitliest drivers for 5 years (910 and 913) and never had the inclination to hit anything else because I love/ play them so well. Only reason why I upgraded to 913 was I cracked my 910 and could plug in the new head without any fittings. I wonder how the new "slot" technology will work for extra distance. Has anyone the plays the 913 been fitted for something with slot technology (RBZ 2, SLDR, etc) and seen a noticeable 10+ yards in carry distance? Hopefully Greg and Zak can get the lowdown and post some number compared to the 913 before the release in Novemeber.

Titleist 913 D2 9.5*
Titleist 910f-d 15*
Titleist 910h 19*
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Project X PXI 6.0
Titleist Scotty Cameron GoLo
Titleist Vokey SM4 50*, 54*, 58*

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1403547075' post='9559203']
[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1403546401' post='9559115']
Without knowing tech details or trying it...

Pros: Overall looks great. Improvement over the 913.
Cons: From first glance I was hoping for some new tech to be brought into the scene. Visually I don't see it. Then again Titleist isn't known for screaming new tech. All I see is old back weighting and the Speed Channel already tried by Nike, TM, Adams, Callaway. Also the alignment aid isn't getting me excited. But it's no big deal.
[/quote]

Open your eyes Ouzo, the weight at the back looks like it shaped to move weight towards the face. Like 2.5 millimeters forward.
[/quote]I missed that.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

Thanks for the photos, a 915D2 9.5 is calling my name.

Can't wait to see the Fairways ant Hybrid's.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='JJensen' timestamp='1403547956' post='9559325']
[quote name='LONG&STR8 ' timestamp='1403540654' post='9558301'][quote name='tbomb' timestamp='1403539370' post='9558091']
Obv the Nike LE comment has been made more then once, and the LE is a solid driver, I've been playing one for awhile.

The appealing thing is the thought of an ADJUSTABLE Nike LE shaped driver. IMO Titleist had to go this direction to get the spin down, it seems like more Titleist guys play 7.5* drivers then any other company. Just a guess but I haven't seen too many Cally, Nike or TM heads in 7.5 loft lately.

tbomb
[/quote]

The VR Pro LE is one of the drivers I can't seem to sell as it's still a solid driver for me but you're right in that when Titleist offers a 7.5* head it's because it's high launch and high spin and pros need to start with the 7.5* and set it in the 6* range to get their preferred flight and spin.[/quote]

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you are spinning a Titleist driver over 3k rpms. you are the only person to blame.

Titleist drivers are not high spin or high launch. They play true to loft.

Jason Dufner could not spin the 915D2 enough!!!! This whole sub 2000 spin think is a load of bull**** 90% of the guys on tour Want to be from 2100-2600 rpms at 11-12 degrees.

If you want distance go for the sup 2k trend, I'll gladly give up 3 yards for consistency and accuracy.
[/quote]

I'm with you. I have a swing speed in the 110-115 range and my spin rate has always been on the low side right around 2000. I see a million threads on this forum of people looking for equipment to lower their spin with similar swing speeds and I wonder about their AoA.

[quote name='trumb1mj1' timestamp='1403550085' post='9559647'][quote name='JJensen' timestamp='1403547956' post='9559325']
[quote name='LONG&STR8 ' timestamp='1403540654' post='9558301'][quote name='tbomb' timestamp='1403539370' post='9558091']
Obv the Nike LE comment has been made more then once, and the LE is a solid driver, I've been playing one for awhile.

The appealing thing is the thought of an ADJUSTABLE Nike LE shaped driver. IMO Titleist had to go this direction to get the spin down, it seems like more Titleist guys play 7.5* drivers then any other company. Just a guess but I haven't seen too many Cally, Nike or TM heads in 7.5 loft lately.

tbomb
[/quote]

The VR Pro LE is one of the drivers I can't seem to sell as it's still a solid driver for me but you're right in that when Titleist offers a 7.5* head it's because it's high launch and high spin and pros need to start with the 7.5* and set it in the 6* range to get their preferred flight and spin.[/quote]

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you are spinning a Titleist driver over 3k rpms. you are the only person to blame.

Titleist drivers are not high spin or high launch. They play true to loft.

Jason Dufner could not spin the 915D2 enough!!!! This whole sub 2000 spin think is a load of bull**** 90% of the guys on tour Want to be from 2100-2600 rpms at 11-12 degrees.

If you want distance go for the sup 2k trend, I'll gladly give up 3 yards for consistency and accuracy.
[/quote]

I'm with you. I have a swing speed in the 110-115 range and my spin rate has always been on the low side right around 2000. I see a million threads on this forum of people looking for equipment to lower their spin with similar swing speeds and I wonder about their AoA.[/quote]

Yup. With my 913 D3 my stats are...

SS 111-112
SD 1.48-1.5
Spin 2400-2550
LA 11.5-12.5
AoA +0.5

No need for anything less.

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

The shape is typical Titliest aweseomeness but I would have thought that they would have kept the traditional Titleist alignment aid. I'm sure this will continue to lead the way in feel and sound though. Looking forward to trying it.

Taylormade M2 9.5* @ 7.5* Rogue 110 Silver 60x
Taylormade M2 15* VTS Red 75x
Ping Rapture DI 18* VTS Silver 85x
Ping S55 3-PW PX Flighted 6.0
Ping Glide 52* SS & Glide 58* SS
Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1403547976' post='9559331']
Chalk up another winner for Titleist..

Technology from the BEST Nike driver ever produced (VR PRO LTD), + arguably the best adapter on the market (Surefit), black paint, and a few aesthetic enhancements = WINNER :clapping:

Nothing over the top mindblowing, but I'm 95% sure this is going to be another solid driver.. whether or not it will beat out my SLDR is another story.. however, I'd love to see how the Rogue performs in the 915 :alcoholic:
[/quote]
Well at least the Titleist Kool-aid drinkers can advance to 2012 or earlier technology in 2015!. Just think by 2017 or 2019 they might be able to gear up the 2013 technology of lower spinning and lofting up! And they can celebrate again years late!
I wil say that the shape of the D3 shown is the best shaped head I have seen for a Titleist driver in about a decade.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

8 pages and nobody is going to tell us how it feels and sounds? We know everyone is going to buy this bad boy, me being one of them. Is it 460cc and 440cc? I wish we could get like a PM or notification when new pic's or useful information was added.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Does this remind anyone of a 1996 DCI Starship, especially the sole? :swoon:

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1403551777' post='9559887']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1403547976' post='9559331']
Chalk up another winner for Titleist..

Technology from the BEST Nike driver ever produced (VR PRO LTD), + arguably the best adapter on the market (Surefit), black paint, and a few aesthetic enhancements = WINNER :clapping:

Nothing over the top mindblowing, but I'm 95% sure this is going to be another solid driver.. whether or not it will beat out my SLDR is another story.. however, I'd love to see how the Rogue performs in the 915 :alcoholic:
[/quote]
Well at least the Titleist Kool-aid drinkers can advance to 2012 or earlier technology in 2015!. Just think by 2017 or 2019 they might be able to gear up the 2013 technology of lower spinning and lofting up! And they can celebrate again years late!
I wil say that the shape of the D3 shown is the best shaped head I have seen for a Titleist driver in about a decade.
[/quote]
And we'll all STILL be hitting it 1999 distances....

I like it, I also like the new alignment on the crown, I held out for over a year to get the 913 D2, which replaced my 910 D2, let's see how long I can hold out on this, would be interested to see some numbers :-)

Ping G400 Max 10.5°
TaylorMade M2 16.5°
TaylorMade M2 19°
Ben Hogan PTx 22º 46º
Ben Hogan Equlizer 50º
Ping Eye 2 + SW
Titleist Vokey SM6 58º
Scotty Cameron Futura X6M

[quote name='MNNikeGuy' timestamp='1403551964' post='9559903']
8 pages and nobody is going to tell us how it feels and sounds? We know everyone is going to buy this bad boy, me being one of them. Is it 460cc and 440cc? I wish we could get like a PM or notification when new pic's or useful information was added.
[/quote]

They'll probably copy the 913 specs, but I have no idea, until the specs come out. I am just talking BS.

Anyways, the headcover reminds me of the '12 Scotty Cameron headcovers with the carbon fiber hints.

[b]not bad .. [/b]
and Greg, well done, those were uploaded shortly after the patent pics were
I won't be buying blindly, Ill wait till the fitting truck is here again w Trackman in the spring and make a decision then (when I can hit it outside and see the ball actually fly)
i like the new alignment aid on top
sole graphics are a bit out there for Titleist, but will easily be visible on TV (which is why I'm sure they did that)

[b]Pros:[/b]
-same adapter, means 910/913 shaft will work. Well done Titleist
-same-ish look of previous models from address
-still offer both the D2 AND D3
-will MORE than likely have a decent array of stock shafts and upgrades
-head cover looks great

[b]Cons:[/b]
-FOR ME, I wish the face was silver. I personally don't like the all black crown/black face. Silver wears better too.
-release the club when its available to the consumer, or make the dates closer so we don't have to wait all winter to try it out in the spring next year
-release the fwy & he's at the same time

thats all

Well done tho Titleist, I think it will be a good driver

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

The new alignment aid is a lot better looking than the old one. I don't get why people don't like it. Oh well. This thing looks like something I will HAVE to test as soon as possible.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1403554334' post='9560303']
[b]not bad .. [/b]
I won't be buying blindly, Ill wait till the fitting truck is here again w Trackman in the spring and make a decision then (when I can hit it outside and see the ball actually fly)
sole graphics are a bit out there for Titleist, but will easily be visible on TV (which is why I'm sure they did that)

-head cover looks great

-FOR ME, I wish the face was silver. I personally don't like the all black crown/black face. Silver wears better too.
-release the club when its available to the consumer, or make the dates closer so we don't have to wait all winter to try it out in the spring next year
[b]-release the fwy & he's at the same time[/b]

thats all

[/quote]

Yes, I am eager to see the FWYs and Hybrid more than the driver. Soon enough we will see them.

I have said plenty of times before. I hope they keep the shafts the same from the 913 FWYs and Hybrid line.

Like most, I don't want to buy a new shaft/or switch adapter just for the new model. Sad when they did that from the 910 to 913. My wallet was not that pleased.

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1403554615' post='9560351']
[b]not bad .. [/b]

-head cover looks great

thats all

[/quote]

Yes, I am eager to see the FWYs and Hybrid more than the driver. Soon enough we will see them.

I have said plenty of times before. I hope they keep the shafts the same from the 913 FWYs and Hybrid line.

Like most, I don't want to buy a new shaft/or switch adapter just for the new model. Sad when they did that from the 910 to 913. [b]My wallet was not that pleased.[/b]
[/quote]
That's because the shafts fit from 910 to 913 and now 915. Put a note on your wallet before ordering.

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1403554900' post='9560399']
[b]not bad .. [/b]

-head cover looks great

thats all

[/quote]

Like most, I don't want to buy a new shaft/or switch adapter just for the new model. Sad when they did that from the 910 to 913. [b]My wallet was not that pleased.[/b]
[/quote]
That's because the shafts fit from 910 to 913 and now 915. Put a note on your wallet before ordering.
[/quote]

IF YOU READ MY POST, I am talking about Fairways and Hybrid's. Not Driver's.

Very excited that I can use my Aldila Tour Green from my current 913D3 on the 915. Love the look of it as well.

I would love if the face of D3 was deeper, anyone know if that is the case or is it the same 445cc as the 913D3?

Also, if you put a smaller weight in the driver will that effectively move the CG forward or is my thinking totally off?

Taylormade sure has a bunch of people here hooked in their marketing. Numerous comments about how the weight is in the back so it must not be low spin haha. It is possible to have low spin with different weight set ups than the sldr. The bio cell line is a perfect example of that, plus it's more forgiving and no need to use a 12 degree head. Hope the 915 is more similar to the bio cell line than the sldr.

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1403555011' post='9560417']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1403554900' post='9560399']
[b]not bad .. [/b]

-head cover looks great

thats all

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

IF YOU READ MY POST, I am talking about Fairways and Hybrid's. Not Driver's.
[/quote]
Sorry missed it. I skipped the 910 hybrid and got the 913 just recently.

[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1403555087' post='9560435']
Taylormade sure has a bunch of people here hooked in their marketing. Numerous comments about how the weight is in the back so it must not be low spin haha. It is possible to have low spin with different weight set ups than the sldr. The bio cell line is a perfect example of that, plus it's more forgiving and no need to use a 12 degree head. Hope the 915 is more similar to the bio cell line than the sldr.
[/quote]

Another good example is the XCG7 Beta. All the weight pads are in the back and that head is super low spin too.

Does the rear weight appear to be a dual-weight to anyone else (i.e. a larger, unequal sides and top/bottom weight with a smaller, equal sides and top/bottom weight within)? I've noticed a different color (black, blue, red) screw throughout which I assume Titleist is using as a weight indicator as in the past. But the shape, and I realize I'm reaching, makes me wonder if Titleist incorporated anything from this patent filing...

http://www.golfwrx.com/176566/a-look-at-major-oems-january-golf-club-patents/

I'm just not sure if this would be the correct placement for that technology.

Also, it seems like everyone is up in arms about the rear weighting but, while I haven't hit either, the Ping i25 and Anser appear to more rear weighted than central/forward. I assume again it's based on perception of high spin due to past models.

[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1403555087' post='9560435']
[/quote]

Another engineering thought might be that the weight is considerably forward in the initial driver, then they move the weight back a little with the interchangeable weight towards the back. This is probably a counter-balanced weight.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60