Dustin Johnson...Leave of absence from golf ..Any news? (MERGED)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jnradioactive' timestamp='1406895534' post='9831177']
[quote name='Fade to Black' timestamp='1406895180' post='9831143']
This entire thread has been pure speculation and rumors from friends of friends.

We sound like a bunch of tinfoil hat-wearing crazies with binoculars looking for UFOs.
[/quote]

What do you mean "looking for"
[/quote]
:)

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406838270' post='9826451']
[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1406837788' post='9826355']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406837695' post='9826331']
What a shocker!

Guy looks like the poster child for THC use.

What a waste of talent.
[/quote]

Yeah since THC is addictive and all and normally requires intensive rehab...
[/quote]

And I suppose alcohol isn't addictive either?

Johnson always looked like a stoner. People who smoke marijuana can be led into harder drugs or a combination. I know a Guy which almost killed two people in a robbery and tried to kill two cops. His defense was that he was addicted to marijuana.
[/quote]

HAHA. The old "I knew a guy.." story. And he looks like a stoner? LAUGHABLE.

Something about guys who go by their initials.....JD......TW........AK......and now we can add DJs Jersey to the rafters of "Partied-too-hard" arena

JFK.... FDR....

Well, now we know where the energy for these comes from.

gd-09-97-johnson-bg-800x4502.jpg

He tore like every ligament in his legs doing that.

Didn't feel a thing.

Ok, whatever his deal is, I wish him the best.

The WRXers calling for this thread to be locked are nuts. This is the most interesting and entertaining thread to come down the pike in a long time.

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

[quote name='Joe85' timestamp='1406889905' post='9830871'][quote name='dlygrisse' timestamp='1406837042' post='9826203']
Hmmmm.....some tells me the Great One's daughter has led him astray.
[/quote]

Somethings up. You get married your life is supposed to get better, not the other way around?[/quote][attachment=2352205:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1406899783.707349.jpg]

I'm still laughing at "booger sugar". As a fellow "Johnson" in this world, whatever he's addicted to/not addicted to, I hope he comes out of it ok.

Otherwise he's just bringing down the whole family...

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I'm under the impression, coming from a friend that is close to Coastal Car. golf, that the last "hiatus", was a brief stint in outpatient rehab for painkillers. I'm betting all my chips this time around that it's cocaine.

Paulina is a poster girl for coke, with as much partying as she does, and her weight (or lack thereof). No doubt it rubbed off, and we know he likes to have a good time.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*, TourX
Callway 815 DBD 15*, Speeder X
Ping i200 4-P, Project-X LZ 6.5
Vokey Wedgeworks 52,56,60, Nippon 120X
Scotty TeI3 Custom Shop 35"

[quote name='cmackattack' timestamp='1406898366' post='9831439']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406838270' post='9826451']
[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1406837788' post='9826355']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406837695' post='9826331']
What a shocker!

Guy looks like the poster child for THC use.

What a waste of talent.
[/quote]

Yeah since THC is addictive and all and normally requires intensive rehab...
[/quote]

And I suppose alcohol isn't addictive either?

Johnson always looked like a stoner. People who smoke marijuana can be led into harder drugs or a combination. I know a Guy which almost killed two people in a robbery and tried to kill two cops. His defense was that he was addicted to marijuana.
[/quote]

HAHA. The old "I knew a guy.." story. And he looks like a stoner? LAUGHABLE.
[/quote]

Yea how does he 'look like a stoner'??? The close cropped beard?

Or is it his 6'5" unbridled athletic ability? Not many stoners I know look like him.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*, TourX
Callway 815 DBD 15*, Speeder X
Ping i200 4-P, Project-X LZ 6.5
Vokey Wedgeworks 52,56,60, Nippon 120X
Scotty TeI3 Custom Shop 35"

Looks like Johnson's agent/people (or Paulina Gretzky's agent/people) have been busy. I just visited his wikipedia page to see if he's married or just engaged to that train wreck waiting to happen and somebody nuked his entire "Personal Life" section, which is usually the first paragraph ahead of career accomplishments. As it stands right now there isn't a peep about his personal life. Gretzky isn't even mentioned on the page. Fishy.

Here's the page if anyone is interested:

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Johnson"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Johnson[/url]

Here's the link to the change log on the page but I'm not good enough with wikipedia to see when/how/who deleted all his personal stuff. Can someone else on the thread do that?

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dustin_Johnson&action=history"]http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dustin_Johnson&action=history[/url]

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

This can't sit well with the Great One. Just not good for the overall image at all, nor for the Gretz's.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

my sources (very reliable) tell me that dustin finally admitted his addiction when his friends saw 37 SLDR drivers, all in the same loft with the same shaft, stored in his bedroom. when he was asked about all those drivers, he first denied it by saying most of them belonged to wayne and paulina. however, when the friends also found 25 SLDR fairway woods in the closet, DJ droke down in tears and admitted his addiction to new golf clubs.

btw, i cant believe so many people still have misconception about weed. it's 2014. wow.

[quote name='tjumper78' timestamp='1406900807' post='9831759']
my sources (very reliable) tell me that dustin finally admitted his addiction when his friends saw 37 SLDR drivers, all in the same loft with the same shaft, stored in his bedroom. when he was asked about all those drivers, he first denied it by saying most of them belonged to wayne and paulina. however, when the friends also found 25 SLDR fairway woods in the closet, DJ droke down in tears and admitted his addiction to new golf clubs.

btw, i cant believe so many people still have misconception about weed. it's 2014. wow.
[/quote]

Because people say you can be addicted ? Is that shocking to you.Weed still is far from painkillers or coke.Whoever you are or social status you have,to be addicted is hell.Hope he does well,and if it's the Tour banning him without him being addicted,then ...Good for him

If it's cocaine it's an off the course deal. I've seen him in person a few times on the course and there's no way he's wired. It could very well be different off the course but there's no way he's using when he's playing. While this is an interesting story to read and discuss, in the grand scheme of things, who care? He does what he does. It doesn't change the fact that he's still cordial as hell with fans and kids, from what I've seen first hand. He may have done stupid s*** when he was younger but I don't hold it against him like I'm sure others will just like they did, and continue to do, with Tiger. People love to hate other people for things that have absolutely no effect on their lives. Kanye and Kim suck though.

[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1406900778' post='9831753']
Looks like Johnson's agent/people (or Paulina Gretzky's agent/people) have been busy. I just visited his wikipedia page to see if he's married or just engaged to that train wreck waiting to happen and somebody nuked his entire "Personal Life" section, which is usually the first paragraph ahead of career accomplishments. As it stands right now there isn't a peep about his personal life. Gretzky isn't even mentioned on the page. Fishy.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Johnson"]http://en.wikipedia..../Dustin_Johnson[/url]

Here's the link to the change log on the page but I'm not good enough with wikipedia to see when/how/who deleted all his personal stuff. Can someone else on the thread do that?

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dustin_Johnson&action=history"]http://en.wikipedia....&action=history[/url]
[/quote]

Try using the search function of your browser.
That way you'll find the Paulina reference. It was already mentioned in his career under 2013.
Another user created a new paragraph for personal life and copied that text.

Someone deleted the paragraph "personal life" but didn't remove any info. The text was already on the page.
Imho he should have deleted the line from the career chapter, as it has nothing to do with his career and left the personal life paragraph as it was.
But hey that's wikipedia for you ...

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Johnson"]http://en.wikipedia..../Dustin_Johnson[/url]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dustin_Johnson&action=history"]http://en.wikipedia....&action=history[/url]
[/quote]

I'm no Wikipedia expert, but from what i could decipher it appears someone removed Paulina as fiancee. The old version stated they had planned to wed Fall 2014, which has since been removed along with the rest of his personal life detail.

[quote name='Oldboy' timestamp='1406867976' post='9830157']
[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1406857329' post='9828909']
[quote name='Thug Hunter' timestamp='1406856556' post='9828819']
[quote name='Oldboy' timestamp='1406840824' post='9826867']
And since we seem to be relying on anecdotal evidence .. ask a cop if he'd rather be dealing with or trying to arrest a stoner or a drunk ..
[/quote]

Here's one cop's opinion: I put them on the same pedestal and would rather not deal with either of them. And as far as arresting them, I've seen both fight, act stupid, lie, be extremely dangerous, etc.

The difference in the two is potheads are noticeably dumber pretty much 24/7, even when they're not stoned, while a drunk can function anytime they're not drunk and act "normal".
[/quote]

Seriously? A drunk can function anytime they're not drunk and act normal? Right, alcoholics are normal when their not drinking.
[/quote]

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt about being a cop but what you said .. Is ridiculous
[/quote]

Is it really ridiculous? Someone who is an alcoholic can still handle a high powered job and usually only stands out as a "drunk" when they're drunk. On the other hand, I can usually tell if someone is a chronic user of weed with only a couple minutes of talking to them. They all have that monotoned voice and beavis and butt head type laugh and demeanor. Of course there are a couple that wouldn't show these signs, but the majority of the chronic weed smokers are usually dumber than they would be had they not started smoking weed in the first place.

How many effective drunks are there in the world compared to effective potheads. I'm willing to bet the numbers are so far skewed from each other, it'd change Colorado and Washington's mind about the legalization of weed.

Now that I made MY point on the topic, I will not get into a debate about legalizing weed and and whether it may cause people to become less intelligent. I'm going on the 15 years experience in my profession and what I have seen first hand.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Okay homies, time for some real talk:

1) Weed isn't a narcotic, nor is it addictive, despite what the government's told you or classified it as.

2) You don't get suspended from the PGA Tour for smoking weed. In fact, there are many well known pot heads on tour--web.com, PGA, LPGA, Euro, Senior--every tour.

3) Dustin's been a coke head on and off since he was a pup. Ask anyone who grew up or went to school with him. There are two things they'll say: a) dude can bomb it, and b) dude loves his blow.

4) His "back injury" was suspension #1.

5) This is suspension #2.

6) You don't have to be engaged to a hot blond who likes to party to have bad influences in your life, or to give in to your own pre-existing urges and inclinations.

7) If you've been doing coke all night and you have a 7am tee time, you will find other, equally addictive, drugs placed in your hand by your friends to get you through until you can crash at noon.

8) Sorry if the above rubs the squares the wrong way, but every word of it is true. (If you want a wild unsubstantiated rumor that may yet turn out to be true instead, how about that Tiger's got another suspension--err, I mean setback in his back surgery rehab--coming down the road after the Ryder Cup....)

Look, PGA Tour management wishes they had 150 Zach Johnsons out there. That's just not the case.

[quote name='Thug Hunter' timestamp='1406901747' post='9831843'][quote name='Oldboy' timestamp='1406867976' post='9830157']
[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1406857329' post='9828909']
[quote name='Thug Hunter' timestamp='1406856556' post='9828819']
[quote name='Oldboy' timestamp='1406840824' post='9826867']
And since we seem to be relying on anecdotal evidence .. ask a cop if he'd rather be dealing with or trying to arrest a stoner or a drunk ..
[/quote]

Here's one cop's opinion: I put them on the same pedestal and would rather not deal with either of them. And as far as arresting them, I've seen both fight, act stupid, lie, be extremely dangerous, etc.

The difference in the two is potheads are noticeably dumber pretty much 24/7, even when they're not stoned, while a drunk can function anytime they're not drunk and act "normal".
[/quote]

Seriously? A drunk can function anytime they're not drunk and act normal? Right, alcoholics are normal when their not drinking.
[/quote]

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt about being a cop but what you said .. Is ridiculous
[/quote]

Is it really ridiculous? Someone who is an alcoholic can still handle a high powered job and usually only stands out as a "drunk" when they're drunk. On the other hand, I can usually tell if someone is a chronic user of weed with only a couple minutes of talking to them. They all have that monotoned voice and beavis and butt head type laugh and demeanor. Of course there are a couple that wouldn't show these signs, but the majority of the chronic weed smokers are usually dumber than they would be had they not started smoking weed in the first place.

How many effective drunks are there in the world compared to effective potheads. I'm willing to bet the numbers are so far skewed from each other, it'd change Colorado and Washington's mind about the legalization of weed.[/quote]

Those characterizations of drunks and potheads is ridiculous.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

DJ is done. He will never play the Tour again. There have been pro golfers through the years that have gotten hooked on something and never recovered. His choices are bad and have been for a while. He's had things covered up in his past, High School,College, ect... He got into a car wreck in MB a few years back had been drinking and that was swept under the rug. These guys have so much thrown at them and when they fall we all act surprised. People throw away talent all the time and this is no different. I wish him and anyone else dealing with these struggles the very best.

[quote name='kiteman' timestamp='1406872523' post='9830435']
My wife met Tiger the day after he won the Masters in 1997 and he was apparently very sweet to her and her family. They sat at the same table with him for dinner. She legitimately thinks he is a great guy. I really can't advise against it, except what the TV says about him these days. And honestly I hate him after what publicity has to say, but I like him because not of what Feherty says, but because of what my wife says. If I hadn't met her, I'd hate him completely (especially considering I'm too young to have really cared what he was doing during my high school years...in his prime). Kind of a strange dichotomy.
[/quote]

Well apparently he does know how to sweet talk the women. Just sayin'.

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Rick James. It's no secret that DJ has enjoyed the coke for years, hopefully rehab is successful and he can reach his potentail as a golfer. But does he stay with Paulina, or call off the wedding? She's obviously a party girl, would be hard for him to stay sober while being married to her.

[quote name='jmck' timestamp='1406901753' post='9831847']

1) Weed isn't a narcotic, nor is it addictive, despite what the government's told you or classified it as.

2) You don't get suspended from the PGA Tour for smoking weed. In fact, there are many well known pot heads on tour--web.com, PGA, LPGA, Euro, Senior--every tour.

3) Dustin's been a coke head on and off since he was a pup. Ask anyone who grew up or went to school with him. There are two things they'll say: a) dude can bomb it, and b) dude loves his blow.

6) You don't have to be engaged to a hot blond who likes to party to have bad influences in your life, or to give in to your own pre-existing urges and inclinations.

7) If you've been doing coke all night and you have a 7am tee time, you will find other, equally addictive, drugs placed in your hand by your friends to get you through until you can crash at noon.

8) Sorry if the above rubs the squares the wrong way, but every word of it is true. (If you want a wild unsubstantiated rumor that may yet turn out to be true instead, how about that Tiger's got another suspension--err, I mean setback in his back surgery rehab--coming down the road after the Ryder Cup....)

Look, PGA Tour management wishes they had 150 Zach Johnsons out there. That's just not the case.
[/quote]

I thought Matt Every got suspended for 3 months for getting caught with weed? I agree with everything else.

[quote name='pollo' timestamp='1406901598' post='9831837']

[/quote]

I'm no Wikipedia expert, but from what i could decipher it appears someone removed Paulina as fiancee. The old version stated they had planned to wed Fall 2014, which has since been removed along with the rest of his personal life detail.
[/quote]

No one removed any information!
Use the search function of your browser and you'll find it's still on there, under career>2013.
Someone created a personal life section on july 21st (and used a bad reference BTW), which was removed the same day as the info already was on the page.
There was no official reference to a marriage date, so that info is gone, as it should be.

Stop spreading more rumors about the guy.
These are unfounded and simply untrue.

[quote name='damnorcross' timestamp='1406902868' post='9832013']
[quote name='jmck' timestamp='1406901753' post='9831847']

[/quote]

I thought Matt Every got suspended for 3 months for getting caught with weed? I agree with everything else.
[/quote]

Yes, but he wasn't suspended for [i]smoking [/i]weed, he was suspended for [i]getting arrested[/i] for marijuana possession.

Don't get arrested for it, they won't suspend you. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406853876' post='9828507']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1406853538' post='9828475']
anyone think that maybe Natalie Gulbis went Fatal Attraction on him? And that he's tied up in a room somewhere , and she sent out an email pretending to be him saying he needed to go on leave? Like when he got home him he found out his bunny was boiled, then she smacked him with something, and now she's like "you're going to love me Dustin, just give it time"

don't rule it out man, i just watched "kiss the girls" too, this is totally in play
[/quote]

Kiss The Girls was a great book. The movie was OK. I am thinking you might be off base but anything is possible with these crazy LPGA gals!
[/quote]

Don't know about that book, but its more than likely off base. I thought she was married and disconnected from her father?

• TSR2 9.25° Tensei 1k Pro Red 61S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17° 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S 113-SW.
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX