Nike 2015 - Vapor is here! Drivers and Irons have released. Short game coming in April.

wldchld22

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1411156163' post='10149017']
[quote name='kmac02576' timestamp='1411153758' post='10148811']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1411041363' post='10138953']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1411015925' post='10138321']
[color=#99ff00]It appears to me that Nike has gone down the path that TMAG did a few years ago. 3-4 years ago Nike was borderline Titliest, they had very pure looking players clubs with no gimmicks, they packed technology into a traditional look. Then they wen't red, performance wasn't the same, then they wen't red again and quickly, now they are going neon green, basically the only color brighter than red. Yes there might be technology and for all I know the club might perform as good as anything, but the green is there to be seen on TV. I remember reading some posts a few weeks ago about how Nike did studies of what portions of the club is seen most on TV and that's where the green will be. The whole damn bottom of the club is green. Basically three years in a row now Nike is not even a viable option for me in regards to woods because of the red and now green. Titliest, TMAG and Callaway are my only options for woods this coming year, maybe Cobra, but certainly not Nike, [/color]
[/quote]

Just because of the color? Refinish it!
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.

Seriously? The color of the sole makes this not a viable option for you?
[/quote]

[color=#000000][size=4]Why would I spend $400 on a club and then another $100 to refinish it when there are plenty of clubs out there that look perfectly fine as is? No club is going to be head and shoulders above the rest, this club is not going to drop 2 strokes on my score.

I wonder how many of the people that like this club like it because they are fans of Nike and are just blinded from brand loyalty at this point? I am one of the biggest Nike fans, my closet is full of the swoosh, but this VOLT thing has gone way overboard. Comparing the VOLT to, silver on the 915 or to custom options that Cobra offers is apples to doorknobs. Cobra used orange to market Fowler, the same as Nike did for TW. Cobra also offers 4-5 other colors so you can get what you want. Nike is offering VOLT on basically every product that they make, I refused to buy Nike running shoes the other day because in wide they only offered VOLT.[b] Imagine if Puma offered everything that they make in Fowler orange? [/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

I wouldn't own two of their drivers, that I know for sure.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Nike going to distribute all of those bowls of soap when you buy it?

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411156527' post='10149055']
[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1410993020' post='10135637']
I still don't understand the cavity back driver. Seems like all the places where you would have wanted to add weight are gone. Even more so than in the Covert...
[/quote]

I am right there with you. I don't understand the logic unless they are trying to move the weight forward like the SLDR.
[/quote]

You do realize that Nike moved the weight forward before the TaylorMade SLDR don't you? The original Covert driver was out BEFORE the SLDR. And I believe Nike had the compression channel before TaylorMade had the Speed slot too.

What in the Bag
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver HZRDUS X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w HZRDUS X
Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS X
Callaway X Forged 4-7 KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Callaway Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Engage 52, 56 and 60 Wedge KBS Tour C Taper X
Nike Method 001

God awful ugly sole. Don't care.
Someone said "if you're looking at the top of the crown, you're dead in the water anyways", 100x YES. Should never be looking there.

Bet it just drops bombs.

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° w/ Oban Devotion 6 X-Flex
Callaway 816 Alpha 14° w/ Accra AC75 M5 X-Flex
Adams Pro 20° 3h w/ Aldila Tour Red ATX75h X-Flex
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW w/ X-100
Titleist Vokey 50.08 SM5 F-Grind
Titleist Vokey 54.08 SM
Titleist Vokey 58.12 SM
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport

[quote name='NGstaff' timestamp='1411161609' post='10149587']
[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411156527' post='10149055']
[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1410993020' post='10135637']
I still don't understand the cavity back driver. Seems like all the places where you would have wanted to add weight are gone. Even more so than in the Covert...
[/quote]

I am right there with you. I don't understand the logic unless they are trying to move the weight forward like the SLDR.
[/quote]

You do realize that Nike moved the weight forward before the TaylorMade SLDR don't you? The original Covert driver was out BEFORE the SLDR. And I believe Nike had the compression channel before TaylorMade had the Speed slot too.
[/quote]

I don't really care who did it first, and TM was doing the same thing in the R1 just to a lesser degree. Moving the weight forward makes the club less forgiving and harder to launch.

[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411156527' post='10149055'][quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1410993020' post='10135637']
[/quote]

I am right there with you. I don't understand the logic unless they are trying to move the weight forward like the SLDR.[/quote]

It's simple physics, weight distribution towards the heel and toe reduces angular rotation when struck off centre. Below is straight from Wikipedia.

Moment of inertia is the mass property of a rigid body that determines the torque needed for a desired angular acceleration about an axis of rotation. Moment of inertia depends on the shape of the body and may be different around different axes of rotation. A larger moment of inertia around a given axis requires more torque to increase the rotation, or to stop the rotation, of a body about that axis. Moment of inertia depends on the amount and distribution of its mass, and can be found through the sum of moments of inertia of the masses making up the whole object, under the same conditions.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

[quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1411162883' post='10149675']
[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411156527' post='10149055'][quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1410993020' post='10135637']
[/quote]

I am right there with you. I don't understand the logic unless they are trying to move the weight forward like the SLDR.[/quote]

It's simple physics, weight distribution towards the heel and toe reduces angular rotation when struck off centre. Below is straight from Wikipedia.

Moment of inertia is the mass property of a rigid body that determines the torque needed for a desired angular acceleration about an axis of rotation. Moment of inertia depends on the shape of the body and may be different around different axes of rotation. A larger moment of inertia around a given axis requires more torque to increase the rotation, or to stop the rotation, of a body about that axis. Moment of inertia depends on the amount and distribution of its mass, and can be found through the sum of moments of inertia of the masses making up the whole object, under the same conditions.
[/quote]

It is also simple physics that moving the cog farther forward reduces the clubs forgiveness and also reduces launch angle. Thanks for playing though.

[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411163229' post='10149705'][quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1411162883' post='10149675']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is also simple physics that moving the cog farther forward reduces the clubs forgiveness and also reduces launch angle. Thanks for playing though.[/quote]

Vertical position of the cg is what effects launch combined with the location front to back. Forgiveness is generated from having a head that isn't effected by the torque of off centre strikes.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

[quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1411163500' post='10149731']
[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411163229' post='10149705'][quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1411162883' post='10149675']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is also simple physics that moving the cog farther forward reduces the clubs forgiveness and also reduces launch angle. Thanks for playing though.[/quote]

Vertical position of the cg is what effects launch combined with the location front to back. Forgiveness is generated from having a head that isn't effected by the torque of off centre strikes.
[/quote]

A club with cog that is low and back is inherently more resistant to twisting than one with a cog that is higher/farther forward. Taking out the back bottom half of the cavity takes away the area where most other companies try to add weight to increase forgiveness.

[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411164014' post='10149767']

A club with cog that is low and back is inherently more forgiving than one with a cog that is higher/farther forward. Taking out the back bottom half of the cavity takes away the area where most other companies try to add weight to increase forgiveness.[/quote]

The first line is correct, it is also a tried and true method. Yet the rest of your post demonstrates than you don't fully understand what I mentioned earlier. Which is fine.

[quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1411164620' post='10149807']
[quote name='rlynham' timestamp='1411164014' post='10149767']
A club with cog that is low and back is inherently more forgiving than one with a cog that is higher/farther forward. Taking out the back bottom half of the cavity takes away the area where most other companies try to add weight to increase forgiveness.[/quote]

The first line is correct, it is also a tried and true method. Yet the rest of your post demonstrates than you don't fully understand what I mentioned earlier. Which is fine.
[/quote]

Are you trying to say that companies aren't trying to add weight in the area Nike took away?

So is there only one way to achieve the same thing? I'd draw you a picture but I don't have any crayons.

I have waited to comment because I was hoping this was some sick stupid joke by someone within TMA but I have I guess woken up. If I knew how to post under my comments what i played like i see in most others, everybody would know what a Nike ho I am but I don't so let me just say how disappointed I am with the look of this friggin thing. It cannot out perform my CT 2.0 by that much that I would put it in the bag, it looks like one of my sons old Tonka toe dump trucks. Horrible

[quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1411166240' post='10149923']
So is there only one way to achieve the same thing? I'd draw you a picture but I don't have any crayons.
[/quote]

In other words the cavity is a way to maintain MOI while moving the cog farther forward. If that is what you have been trying to say then you have done a pretty poor job of explaining it.

Absolutely loving the volt color. Goes with my Cameron rat putter perfectly.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 9°[/b] Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6s[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Callaway Rogue 3W-15°[/b] Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7s[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Callaway Rogue 3H-19°[/b] Graphite Design Tour AD-HY 85s[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 & 5 [/b]KBS C-Taper Lite S[/font]
[left][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][background=transparent][b]Mizuno MP18 MMC 6-PW [/b]KBS C-Taper Lite S[/background][/font][/left]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Vokey Wedgeworks Custom SM7 RAW 50[/b][/font][background=transparent]° [/background][b]54° 58° [/b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Project X[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Scotty Cameron Custom [/b]009 Masterful [/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Taylormade TP5X[/b][/font]

[quote name='Gpepe21' timestamp='1411170566' post='10150275']
will a new ball come out as well?
[/quote]
I'm expecting Volt Plat and Blks which just sounds funny.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

They aren't moving weight forward. They are moving it back and out towards the sides. You are all forgetting that what you see is not always what you get. Internal weighting out towards the points where the cavity meets the back of the club.

SIM 9.0 Ventus Blue 7X, SIM 15* Ventus Blue 8X
U500 2i, OT100, P7.MC 3-4, P7.MB 6-P, Modus 120 X
MG2 53, 58 Modus 120 X, Toulon Garage Austin

[quote name='JMO TO' timestamp='1411160038' post='10149435']
Headcover. I like.
[/quote]
Take the cover off!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='prhiam' timestamp='1411154936' post='10148915']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1411150635' post='10148543']
[quote name='cliche' timestamp='1411144071' post='10147803']
i've heard from a good source, that the[b] top of the club will also have a compression channel[/b] and the color volt ;)
we will all gonna find out how this club will preform. if it's better than my current driver, it will go in the bag.
[/quote]
Please be joking.
[/quote]

I have to step in and say this as well. If there is a compression channel on top of the club I will not consider buying. I may hit it and even if it were to hit it straighter than my CT2.0, there is no way I would replace it with a channel on top. That may sound weird but I cannot do it. Other than that I still can't wait to hit it and see what it looks like in person. The Covert looks WAY better in person than on pictures.
[/quote]
I've been a nike ho since day one and If they put a channel on top I won't even pick it up in a store.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Gnomesteel' timestamp='1411142815' post='10147649'][quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1411142231' post='10147603']
[quote name='Gnomesteel' timestamp='1411140050' post='10147313']
Was at The Oven yesterday and the tour rep said that Rory hit the new driver on Tuesday and that it "went well", but he also said that it would take a lot to get his current driver out of the bag.
[/quote]

"Went well", but with a disclaimer? Actually, that sounds kind of dicey.

Hey, can you ask the Oven when (if ever) they would consider custom fittings for the public? I know several companies have started offering this at their HQ.
[/quote]

From my understanding you've either got to have a tour card, play elite college level golf, or buy into a charity event they're hosting.[/quote]

Thats how I am getting in...charity. I have my fitting for all the new goodies early next year

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

You guys hit it. Nike moved CG forward and had compression channel first. Glad to see it together.

And you guys are both right to a point. CG that is further up is less forgiving but the result is a lower launch and lower spin which then means... You can loft up and loft is a golfers best friend no?

I mean listen, we talkin bout aesthetics, Not performance, not performance, that really matters, but aesthetics

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

when will the neon colors fad be over? please, please, let it be soon. my retinas are burning from the most obnoxious colors seen on shoes, clothing, and now... golf clubs.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png