2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Oven: GolfWRX's Nike Vapor Driver Experience (trip recap and reviews on page 1!)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1413675342' post='10311589']
Cool little story today.

Another top 5 player at my club who played MP30 until this year when he went 714 AP2 asked to hit my VPC irons.

He was so enamored with them that he ordered a set on the spot. That after playing just two other sets in 7 years.

They are that good.
[/quote]
[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1413681512' post='10312159']

This sounds bad for the pocket book but good for the game! I have been playing my Mizunos for the past 3-4 years and these VPC's look really enticing. Question, and it may be common knowledge that I just don't know, is it possible for regular joes like us to get private fittings at the Oven or some other pro/semi-pro level place?

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413680363' post='10312053']
[quote name='klingmaster007' timestamp='1413678922' post='10311937']How did the Nike Vapor PC and pro irons feel? Are they as soft as the old VR line? Nice to here of all positive response to the Nike equipment. Can't wait for the final write ups![/quote]

I'll expand more on my full review and after I get more time in with my clubs when they arrive..

Initial thoughts are the Vapor Pro has more bounce and a more forgiving grind, digs less and overall more playable.. Definitely more forgiving on mishits. Feel is subjective.. I wouldn't say they stuck me as being ultra soft, but feel is in line with the VR Pro's. The PC's are very different from the VR version. Less blade-like more like a version between the 714CB and AP2, if that makes any sense. Definitely hotter off the face than the previous PC, thicker top line, wider soles, and I felt they were much more forgiving and longer. These have a different feel than the previous model, but feel great.
[/quote]

As usual, Tai is right on the money.

The only part opinion I caution is the wider sole part. Are the soles wider than a blade..any blade? YES!

Are they wider than say the AP2? No way.

Plus the cambered sole makes the Vapor PC very versatile
[/quote]

Good to hear about the sole width, thanks

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413902771' post='10325439']
[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1413890267' post='10324525']
Awesome reviews. Anyone disappointed you guys didn't get an actual "fitting"? It'd be killing me to not have tried everything and I'd have to go Pure style and do my own shootout.

Tai, any idea what max height usually is or what it was on that shot with the nike? I've gotten used to a higher "window", I may need a 13* to get the ball in the air! I see 100-110 feet usually. Also assuming that descent angle is jacked up due to the wind. Agree with SS, touch higher launch will probably end up being so good.
[/quote]

Personally, I'm not disappointed in anything. Keep in mind this was a "media" event, some guys didn't even golf or bring clubs and were being put through the same process as us club fanatics. So, it's important to shift your perception of this event from a "Trackman Shootout/Fitting" type thing to a "Media Event". I feel that we could have used more time during the "fitting" portion of this, but we were also [i]supposed[/i] to only be testing woods. We had full bags and we all wanted to hit the new stuff. I felt that we were able to dial the driver in pretty well - I do wish I had better numbers to bring back to you all, but you get the gist of what was going on from the numbers provided. Plus, I can always get more numbers and compare them to other drivers (915, DBD, SLDR) as I plan on doing anyways. Not sure your preferred windows, but it looked just fine for me, a little lower than the SLDR with lower spin, and I have room to adjust either way once I get it out in play.. after the 9 or so holes we played at Shady Oaks, I can say the ball flight looked just fine out there.
[/quote]

Tai I think you make a GREAT point here.

We were not brought in the way a tour player comes in and has hours on trackman to dial everything in. We had an hour to get it done, and my understanding is that we were given the time slot because it was the longest of all the slots. The boys (and girls) at Nike recognized that the GolfWRX crew might be the most hardcore, and was trying to give us all the time they could.

Could that have been one of the BENEFITS of bringing back the same guys? Maybe.

That's why I was curious how high it went, figured that number was just outside the pic. At your ball speed it's probaby a lot higher than I think. I started paying attention to max height and decent angle a lot during my last fitting.

Wasn't complaining, trips looked awesome and the part about getting some extra time in with the Nike crew is why Wrx probably walked away with more info than other attendees. Thanks for that! +1 on a slightly lower TW15, I'm all over that. The 14 is my go to shoe for muddy rounds.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Tai...that review. Just, damn. Awesome, awesome right up. You touch on all the awesome tech points/numbers while keeping it interesting with anecdotes/personal thoughts. So informative, can't wait for the on course testing.

Personally, I vote that Tai goes on every single OEM trip, his feedback is invaluable.

Question for the group: I see in the Tiger proto (this one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/taiji70/Vapor%20WRX/VaporWRX21.jpg) there is that "groove" shaped into the back that almost is a mirror of the shape of the muscle. Did the guys at Nike mention a purpose behind this? Was it just to remove a small amount of weight/change the location of the sweet spot? Or is it purely aesthetic?

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 110x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 13*, Speeder 757x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 19*, Speeder 757x
Callaway Alpha 815h, 21*, Velyix Rome 988x
Apex 4-6/Apex Pro 7-PW, DGX100
Tour Grind 52/60, Odyssey Protype #3

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1413903369' post='10325499']
That's why I was curious how high it went, figured that number was just outside the pic. At your ball speed it's probaby a lot higher than I think. I started paying attention to max height and decent angle a lot during my last fitting.

Wasn't complaining, trips looked awesome and the part about getting some extra time in with the Nike crew is why Wrx probably walked away with more info than other attendees. Thanks for that! +1 on a slightly lower TW15, I'm all over that. The 14 is my go to shoe for muddy rounds.
[/quote]

No worries Swiz.. I think it was good for me to clarify this for everyone reading as well. The flight was lower, but not much lower, it was pretty perfect actually. I don't like seeing a high ball, 12˚ to me looks really high. I average mid 11's with the SLDR and that looks high to me. I will say the mid 10 at 182ish BS definitely looked like it was moving, and not like it does with my SLDR. I'm not looking to gain a ton of distance, but I will take it if I'm still in the fairway no doubt. What was surprising to me was that the #'s I saw with the Flex, I haven't seen anything close in any Shootout I have done. Again, we will see how this all shakes out in the long run.. just thinking out loud here :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Forgive me if this has been asked. For those that have used or tested the CT 2.0, would you say the Flex/Pro is easier to turn over?

Titleist TSR2 9* - HZRDUS Red
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Taylormade Stealth Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Titleist T200 2023 4-PW Aerotech SteelFiber 95
Taylormade MG3 50, 54, Hi-Toe 60
Taylormade Spider GT Max

[quote name='atlambert2' timestamp='1413903458' post='10325511']
Question for the group: I see in the Tiger proto (this one: [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/taiji70/Vapor%20WRX/VaporWRX21.jpg"]http://img.photobuck.../VaporWRX21.jpg[/url]) there is that "groove" shaped into the back that almost is a mirror of the shape of the muscle. Did the guys at Nike mention a purpose behind this? Was it just to remove a small amount of weight/change the location of the sweet spot? Or is it purely aesthetic?
[/quote]

Wasn't ever brought up IIRC

[quote name='Splyt' timestamp='1413903963' post='10325585']
Forgive me if this has been asked. For those that have used or tested the CT 2.0, would you say the Flex/Pro is easier to turn over?
[/quote]

Vapor Pro is much easier to turn over than the CT2.0. All in all, I believe the Vapor Pro to be better across the board compared to the CT2.0. It's lighter, more neutral biased, sounds 100x's better, and conservatively,you should see slight gains in your numbers. Not to mention, it's not red :) I think the Pro is going to be a great fit for a wider range of golfers than the CT 2.0 was.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1413225761' post='10279383']

One cool story about the driver. Originally there was a FLEX and SPEED model. Then Rory gave them some input and literally picked a head shape that is now the PRO model. It just so happens - NIKE quickly added the PRO and have it available to us at the same length, head weight and SW as Rory plays. In fact his head is directly from the European Tour inventory box. Nothing special. That is until he dominates the Ryder Cup with it. He would have put it into play in June and begged Cindy Davis to let him play it... The Ryder Cup debut may or may not have been a planned release :)

[/quote]

So this explains why the Hybrids and Fairways are Flex and Speed vs Pro and Speed. I was wondering that....

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413903761' post='10325545']
[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1413903369' post='10325499']

[/quote]

No worries Swiz.. I think it was good for me to clarify this for everyone reading as well. The flight was lower, but not much lower, it was pretty perfect actually. I don't like seeing a high ball, 12˚ to me looks really high. I average mid 11's with the SLDR and that looks high to me. I will say the mid 10 at 182ish BS definitely looked like it was moving, and not like it does with my SLDR. I'm not looking to gain a ton of distance, but I will take it if I'm still in the fairway no doubt. What was surprising to me was that the #'s I saw with the Flex, I haven't seen anything close in any Shootout I have done. Again, we will see how this all shakes out in the long run.. just thinking out loud here :)
[/quote]

You may not like seeing that higher flight Tai - but if it came up a little bit - wow. I want to see you be comfortable with a higher window as the FLEX will keep the spin down and your AoD in check. Think about Rory. Is his window higher or lower than yours? His SS is similar. I can't speak to this, but you might not have had a driver in the past that would allow everything to come together - when you went to a higher window you found diminishing returns.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1413904363' post='10325667']
One cool story about the driver. Originally there was a FLEX and SPEED model. Then Rory gave them some input and literally picked a head shape that is now the PRO model. It just so happens - NIKE quickly added the PRO and have it available to us at the same length, head weight and SW as Rory plays. In fact his head is directly from the European Tour inventory box. Nothing special. That is until he dominates the Ryder Cup with it. He would have put it into play in June and begged Cindy Davis to let him play it... The Ryder Cup debut may or may not have been a planned release :)

[/quote]

So this explains why the Hybrids and Fairways are Flex and Speed vs Pro and Speed. I was wondering that....
[/quote]

Exactly, we asked this question verbatim.

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1413904403' post='10325675']
You may not like seeing that higher flight Tai - but if it came up a little bit - wow. I want to see you be comfortable with a higher window as the FLEX will keep the spin down and your AoD in check. Think about Rory. Is his window higher or lower than yours? His SS is similar. I can't speak to this, but you might not have had a driver in the past that would allow everything to come together - when you went to a higher window you found diminishing returns.
[/quote]

The beauty of it is that I can bump it to 10.5 LOW, and I can even bring the spin down from the current setting if need be. But you are correct, I have not had a driver that allowed me to bump it up that high, say 13ish LA while keeping spin/carry/roll optimal. Also, I tend to play a cut as my go to shot, you saw a few that I hit, I was really comfortable with those results.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1413904163' post='10325627']
Question for the group: I see in the Tiger proto (this one: [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/taiji70/Vapor%20WRX/VaporWRX21.jpg"]http://img.photobuck.../VaporWRX21.jpg[/url]) there is that "groove" shaped into the back that almost is a mirror of the shape of the muscle. Did the guys at Nike mention a purpose behind this? Was it just to remove a small amount of weight/change the location of the sweet spot? Or is it purely aesthetic?
[/quote]

Wasn't ever brought up IIRC
[/quote]

Hmm. It is probably a super unimportant detail, but it stood out to me so I figured I would ask!

Bjax, I remember early in the thread you said (at least I believe it was you) that you loved the iron tajectory control, and the ball was "dropping out of the sky". I am a high ball hitter, so I gravitate towards clubs/shafts that can help me produce a lower traj (ha, I couldn't resist). Did you find that on your knockdown shots you had significant stopping power with the short irons? My iron shots typically are 1-2 feet behind their pitch mark, but mainly due to their height/steep drop, but I lost that when i hit a knockdown and can't get the thing to stop. I realize it is mostly a swing thing, but clubs still play a small factor. Any thoughts on the lower trajectory shots?

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 110x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 13*, Speeder 757x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 19*, Speeder 757x
Callaway Alpha 815h, 21*, Velyix Rome 988x
Apex 4-6/Apex Pro 7-PW, DGX100
Tour Grind 52/60, Odyssey Protype #3

Wow great review guys! I think I'm in trouble, the entire line looks mighty tempting.
It's gonna be expensive when these beauties making their way to this side of the globe (SLDR was $600 for US Spec and $700 for JAPAN Spec - hahaha...)

Can you guys comment on the feel of the Pro and PC irons?
My mizzy is doing just fine, but as i said i'm tempted.

Tai, do you have any numbers with a lower lofted SLDR or a higher lofted Vapor model? It would be interested to see what the true loft is of those you compared, since those launch and spin numbers are so far off between each model. Usually, a lower loft is going to produce lower launch/spin and higher ball speeds with the same swing, which is what we are seeing here.

Does anyone have anything more to add about the TW15? I'm waiting on pins and needles. I have had the TW13 since release, but I didn't like the TW14, so I went to eBay for more 13s.

I'm really interested in the Vapor Pros and testing them against my Taylormade TP MB and MC.

Great reviews, guys!

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='atlambert2' timestamp='1413905146' post='10325781']
Bjax, I remember early in the thread you said (at least I believe it was you) that you loved the iron tajectory control, and the ball was "dropping out of the sky". I am a high ball hitter, so I gravitate towards clubs/shafts that can help me produce a lower traj (ha, I couldn't resist). Did you find that on your knockdown shots you had significant stopping power with the short irons? My iron shots typically are 1-2 feet behind their pitch mark, but mainly due to their height/steep drop, but I lost that when i hit a knockdown and can't get the thing to stop. I realize it is mostly a swing thing, but clubs still play a small factor. Any thoughts on the lower trajectory shots?
[/quote]

The ball was "dropping out of the sky" with driver for me, not irons. That's probably a bit of an exaggeration but I don't feel like I'm optimal with driver where as I fell irons are really dialed in. I have DG X100s in them for the record.

I haven't had enough time with the irons to even think about stopping power; only time on course with them was in Dallas, where every hole was driver-wedge (literally) other than the par 3s. On the range I'm hitting it slightly higher across the board compared to my 714 MBs and am able to hit it lower when I want and work the ball both ways.

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1413905897' post='10325861']
Does anyone have anything more to add about the TW15? I'm waiting on pins and needles. I have had the TW13 since release, but I didn't like the TW14, so I went to eBay for more 13s.
[/quote]

They look better than TW14 and are lower. We wanted more info but they wouldn't budge. I can't imagine it's too long before we get photos of them.

Tai, do you have any numbers with a lower lofted SLDR or a higher lofted Vapor model? It would be interested to see what the true loft is of those you compared, since those launch and spin numbers are so far off between each model. Usually, a lower loft is going to produce lower launch/spin and higher ball speeds with the same swing, which is what we are seeing here.

I'm really interested in the Vapor Pros and testing them against my Taylormade TP MB and MC.

Great reviews, guys!
[/quote]

My SLDR is a 9.5 tour head set at 1 click towards LOWER. The Flex is 9.5 on MID. I get what you're saying, but for the purposes of this, it would be splitting hairs and not sure entirely realistic for most people. Also, the main point of the screen shot I showed was to show the BS and Spin.. the ball flights on the course were only slightly lower than what I am used to seeing with the SLDR. They were pretty tight lipped about the TW15, I think Ben and I got all we could with the previous posts.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1413906416' post='10325917']
[/quote]
They look better than TW14 and are lower. We wanted more info but they wouldn't budge. I can't imagine it's too long before we get photos of them.
[/quote]
That is good news. I felt like the TW13 was more minimalist and streamlined, while the TW14 felt bigger and bulkier. I hope they are more like the TW13 with some aspects from more recent Free and Flyknit models.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1413900838' post='10325227']
The Oven seems like an awesome place. I am really looking forward to hitting the flex and pro drivers.

Would anyone be able to compare the blade irons to Miura blades? I don't need a new set yet but these Vapors are the first irons that have caught my attention in about 7 years.
[/quote]

I think if nothing else, Nike should revel in the number of times they have caused people on here to share these sentiments! Obviously sales numbers and profits are the be-all, end-all, but in the meantime they should :drinks: !

Tai...that review. Just, damn. Awesome, awesome right up. You touch on all the awesome tech points/numbers while keeping it interesting with anecdotes/personal thoughts. So informative, can't wait for the on course testing.

Personally, I vote that Tai goes on every single OEM trip, his feedback is invaluable.

[/quote]

The groove is part of the geometry of the head, it is there as a way to further stiffen the toe section of the blade. Generally the toe is the "weakest" part of the design, the Modern Muscle design stiffens that part up.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413870476' post='10324173']
[quote name='zonacats23' timestamp='1413862281' post='10323697']Sorry if this has been asked and if it's off topic....but did anyone ask about the TW 15?[/quote]

Yes, they said pics should start surfacing soon.. Also they should be lower cut than previous. Didn't get much more than that..
[/quote]

I am truly waiting on these pics. I never bought the 14s because I felt they weren't that big a jump from the 13s and I didn't like the colorways as much (didn't do the IDs either). But I'm hoping for something solid from these this year.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

Guys, I really appreciate the time, effort and detail you put into your reviews. Even though I'm nowhere near the swing speeds you guys have, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.........Seriously I feel that I am learning a great deal about how each club performs with how you've done your reviews. I fluctuate between a 9-12 index and have to rely upon my short game and hybrids to get maintain pace with my crew. I'm proud to be the shortknocker in my group and still come away victorious!

I can not wait to try all the options out when they hit retail. I am not sure if my CF 2.0 irons can be displaced, but i've been searching for a driver that can give me that elusive 20 extra yards that would change the way i get into greens from the fairway. I would kill to be hitting 7 iron instead of 5 iron or 4 hybrid. I hope I get similar results!

Thanks again for your candor and representing WRXers so well!

Callaway Epic 9.0 w/Mitsu Grand Bassara
Titleist 915F 3W
TMaG 4 Rescue 2011
PXG 0311XF 5-7 Steelfiber
PXG 0311 8-GW Steelfiber
Scotty Newport Notchback 34"
Titleist BV 54 & 58 Wedges

I'm glad for all the reviews and such. But it just seems like again, all of the high cappers are left out in the cold. :(

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Great Reviews but now Im torn between the PRO and FLEX Driver! Did any of you loose distance going from the PRO to the FLEX?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1413910957' post='10326435']
I'm glad for all the reviews and such. But it just seems like again, all of the high cappers are left out in the cold. :(
[/quote]

I don't agree!

I am working on my review as we speak. And while I'm a very low single digit, I have a very pedestrian 100 MPH SS that I think some people here may be able to relate to.

At least compared to the 100+ the other guys swing the driver!

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1413911865' post='10326547']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1413910957' post='10326435']
[/quote]

I don't agree!

I am working on my review as we speak. And while I'm a very low single digit, I have a very pedestrian 100 MPH SS that I think some people here may be able to relate to.

At least compared to the 100+ the other guys swing the driver!
[/quote]
Then we'll be patient... HURRY UP! LOL :cheesy:

As someone who went on a trip a few years back, it just seemed there was a mix of guys. Scratch, high single, and high cappers that gave a wide range of reviews to come at clubs from all angles. Not everyone can hit the Pro or the Flex, no matter how much we may want to. We need spin, we need bigger heads and want to try something new as well. Or at least if we were fit into one of the models, how can we get our flight up and still have some forgiveness in there.

I have a Razr Fit that's been in my bag for almost 4 seasons. NOTHING has been able to knock it out. Maybe this year...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

T - handicap doesn't dictate the driver fit into. I know several + index guys who are very short off the tee and are using GI drivers with Reg/Stiff shafts, I also know plenty 10+ indexes who have 115ish SS and X-flex everything. I think our group will cover a pretty broad spectrum once the dust settles and everything is said and done. I know from talking to them our fitting processes to get to the final choices were very unique in both woods and irons. I know I have been absolutely drummed by guys I was outdriving by 60 yards :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='texasdave' timestamp='1413901264' post='10325259']
Great reviews so far guys, did anyone get fitted into the Speed driver? Love the look of the Pro but need the extra spin of the Speed.
[/quote]

Andrew did - and loves it. Not something that he was expecting either.

[quote name='Splyt' timestamp='1413903963' post='10325585']
[/quote]

I found it MUCH easier to move in both directions. I know of some people that were between the Pro and Performance head last year that went to another OEM because the Pro was too right biased. I felt the PRO addressed this but is by no means a driver that wants to go left. If gives you the option to work it both ways or hit it straight.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1413904363' post='10325667']

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my mind there was a mistake made with the names still. The FLEX fairways and hybrids should be called PRO because the additional CG adjustment wasn't beneficial enough to add. FLEX should be in a category by itself. You would LOVE the FLEX head.