Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

I'm so fickle when it comes to irons it drives me nuts. My game is in shambles right now. Since 2013, I've gone from playing 4-5 times per week to nine holes a week if lucky. Scores from low 70s to mid 80s. My swing is inconsistent, I can't hit greens and I can't make putts. Sold all my gamer blades and picked up a set of "like new" 716 AP2s in the great Global Golf sell off. Pulled the stock shafts and pinned them with a set of C-taper 120s I had laying around. Awesome looking set up with NDMC midsize grips. I was looking forward to giving them a thorough shot at the bag.

Only problem is that I keep pining over the MP-14s I have in the "display bag" I use to decorate my office at work. I keep pulling out the MP32 heads I bought for $50 in the classifieds and haven't shafted up. I have been "fondling" the MP33 7 iron I "hang out" with while I watch TV.

Bottom line is that I have arguably the most technologically advances set of irons ever produced sitting in my bag waiting to be hit for the first time, and I am so enamoured with several sets of 10+ year old blades that I have completely lost interest in them. All I want to do is get these MP33 heads refinished and get them out on a course with a Titleist 905R, 906F2, Cleveland 588 RTG wedges, and my old faithful Ping Anser.

LOL mallrat, again, welcome to the LIGHT side. Enjoy high definition golf from here forward.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I want to go punch every manufacturer and the fitters I use in the junk. 4 sets of clubs that were a waste. A 10 yr old set of irons that is better than all of them. Some much cr@p out there about clubs.

Ball flight was great. High baby fades and a few pulls that would have been just fine. Only hit 2 low pulls and that was a 3 iron which I've never hit a 3 before.

I'm so fickle when it comes to irons it drives me nuts. My game is in shambles right now. Since 2013, I've gone from playing 4-5 times per week to nine holes a week if lucky. Scores from low 70s to mid 80s. My swing is inconsistent, I can't hit greens and I can't make putts. Sold all my gamer blades and picked up a set of "like new" 716 AP2s in the great Global Golf sell off. Pulled the stock shafts and pinned them with a set of C-taper 120s I had laying around. Awesome looking set up with NDMC midsize grips. I was looking forward to giving them a thorough shot at the bag.

Only problem is that I keep pining over the MP-14s I have in the "display bag" I use to decorate my office at work. I keep pulling out the MP32 heads I bought for $50 in the classifieds and haven't shafted up. I have been "fondling" the MP33 7 iron I "hang out" with while I watch TV.

Bottom line is that I have arguably the most technologically advances set of irons ever produced sitting in my bag waiting to be hit for the first time, and I am so enamoured with several sets of 10+ year old blades that I have completely lost interest in them. All I want to do is get these MP33 heads refinished and get them out on a course with a Titleist 905R, 906F2, Cleveland 588 RTG wedges, and my old faithful Ping Anser.

Go with your heart and play with what makes you happy.

I want to go punch every manufacturer and the fitters I use in the junk. 4 sets of clubs that were a waste. A 10 yr old set of irons that is better than all of them. Some much cr@p out there about clubs.

Ball flight was great. High baby fades and a few pulls that would have been just fine. Only hit 2 low pulls and that was a 3 iron which I've never hit a 3 before.

LOL you have no idea how much I wanna lay into the lead design engineers of every US forgiving iron manufacturer. So much of their supposed "forgiving" designs are actually WORSE for the golfer as compared to a blade design. And now they are cutting corners on materials (plastic is HORRIBLE for an iron head). They do all this while slapping some HALF-TRUTH "science" to the "innovation". And the thing is, the lead design engineers KNOW it is a sham. I don't fault the fitters or anyone else down the food chain of the business because they're just drunk on the (HALF-TRUTH) Kool-aid. But the lead design engineers, they have no excuse for these crappy modern designs.

Those mp67s are wonderful performing blades. Your post brought back good memories of them. I remember getting fit for them and realizing right there that they weren't that hard to hit, even as a 16 index. The fitter kept trying to convince me to go with some CBs and I kept hitting the mp67s and Titleist Z muscle blades easily as good as any CB he had me try. He had egg on his face by the time it was over and focused on fitting me to the 67s after I proved it with monitor data. And my golf journey was forever changed for the better from that point forward.

Registered Bladeocrat

Srixon Z945s arrived. These are ridiculously good looking irons. Nice and compact, but not tiny by any means. I dare say visually perfect top line and offset. I won't be able to hit these till next week at the earliest, something to do with having a family and a holiday. So, that's all I got.

Oh, and you can find them brand new online for $450, 4-pw.

Happy Thanksgiving!

G430 LST 9
G410 14.5
G410 19, 22
245, 5-gw
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
LAB Mezz Max

Srixon Z945s arrived. These are ridiculously good looking irons. Nice and compact, but not tiny by any means. I dare say visually perfect top line and offset. I won't be able to hit these till next week at the earliest, something to do with having a family and a holiday. So, that's all I got.

Happy Thanksgiving!

$386 now, I think. Ridiculously good deal either way.

Happy Thanksgiving!

$386 now, I think. Ridiculously good deal either way.

That's great!..................son of a...... :)

G430 LST 9
G410 14.5
G410 19, 22
245, 5-gw
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
LAB Mezz Max

Played today in pretty chilly conditions (10*C, so about 50*F) and windy (10m/s~ so about 20mph+, but it was only about a club wind for the last 5~6 holes). Started with a nice snowman on a par 5, followed up with a double on the following par 4. Two holes in and already 7 putts taken...

Steadied the ship for a 7 over on the front and level par back nine for a 79. Iron play was mixed. Hit some nice shots, some freaky shots (massive curving 5i from a fairway bunker to 15ft, and some dreadful shots (see picture below for my 8i attempt on the par-3 tenth).

I've definitely turned a corner on my game as the big hooks are decreasing and the straight shots are increasing, but I have some alignment issues to work out. I hit three really fat shots today with divots points 45* right of the target (as in the picture below), and my mate who was playing with me took a look down the line as I replayed the set up to one of them and said the divot was going where my shoulders--and to a lesser extent my feet--were pointing. I don't always do it, but I have to watch this more.

Really need to sort my putting out as well. More a question of reading the green now than stroke, though.

Finally, I also took along the MT 9i and hit it alongside the MP-4 9i. No real noticeable difference in distance, so maybe it is actually 42* (I hit a nice shot into a par 3 with it; felt great).

Edit: Sorry, I was going to post a picture, but the WRX servers seem to be as reliable as my putting. I'll post it later.

Edit 2: Is anyone else having problems uploading pictures, or is it just me? I keep getting server error messages.

Catchy, I find it easier to use a free photo hosting site, and use the sharing codes to link to the pics that way. No watermarks and no worries about filling up my attachment space. :)

I use Photobucket, fwiw

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Catchy, I find it easier to use a free photo hosting site, and use the sharing codes to link to the pics that way. No watermarks and no worries about filling up my attachment space. :)

I use Photobucket, fwiw

Ah, that might be better, but the site hosting is convenient...when it works :help:

I use Photobucket, fwiw

Ah, that might be better, but the site hosting is convenient...when it works :help:

Although convenient, it's very limited.

Hosting site is a better way to go.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

I just dragged my gc2, computer and flat screen to my parents. Their back porch is perfect for the mats and gangster computer and tv hookup via extension cord. I am going to test drive this thing today after dinner with some family members and play a course and see how combersome that is. I think that it is going to be a lot of fun to compare irons with this as well. I will probably bring my mp14s to leave over there with R7 and my 5 1998 king cobra 5 wood, but I was thinking about testing my mp14 7 iron against my Miura 7, and just see what 10 shots of each shows in the numbers. No point in all this except I now have the ability to do it, and I am sure I will just learnt that my swing is biggest variable, but what the hell, I think I am going to like doing stuff like that just for the hell of it. I am also bringing all 3 of my drivers....I have never had them on a monitor. Curious how the R7 really stacks up. It Will be skewed though because I have it playing almost 48' because I had a super long shaft laying around and figured why not make it a novelty driver hahaha.

Now I kinda wish I had some of the blades sets I purged laying around, would be neat to put some science to them, but as I said, I am mostly confident that this Indian will shoot most arrows of varying tips and shafts relatively the same.

Happy thanksgiving blades crew! I am thankful that almost 300 pages later this thread still has newcomers and that there are still people out there who get that blades in practice are far from what they have been villianized to be. You guys are awesome, happy thanksgiving and like how we all see that blades cut the crap and simplicity offers the most pure and soul felt bottom line of the golf swing, I hope that the day is spent by you and yours really cutting through all the noise and crap that we all have in life and relationships and just enjoy today like a blade, in the most simple and therefore direct and meaningful way with each other.

Gobble gobble!

Happy Thanksgiving Bigmean and all the blade brethren! This thread is awesome because blades and blade players are awesome.

Also if you really want to learn from that monitor data, don't forget to check the standard deviation of the data and it's normal distribution for each club. Statistics are important. Hit 30 balls the same exact way with the same club and calculate the mean and standard deviation. And LOL if your wife is an analytical chemist she should be able to set up a Design of Experiments and analyze the data for you. That monitor is a powerful learning too.

Registered Bladeocrat

Steelfiber is a great choice.

So I get the Whole net and TV and launch monitor setup, my

Brother is jacked up and everyone is curious as to what the hell I just got. Fire it up, and bam.....golfsmith username and password for WINDOWS.......DOH....I didn't think to ask, they didn't think to share.....oh well....

My wife was amused by this, she was happy to see me get excited then let down with it hahaha.

Steelfiber is a great choice.

So I get the Whole net and TV and launch monitor setup, my

Brother is jacked up and everyone is curious as to what the hell I just got. Fire it up, and bam.....golfsmith username and password for WINDOWS.......DOH....I didn't think to ask, they didn't think to share.....oh well....

My wife was amused by this, she was happy to see me get excited then let down with it hahaha.

I was thinking Roddio. Try 1 shaft @ 100gm.

Man that sucks. Try to pull up a software manual for setup or to reset the device. I received some nuclear grade radar levels and temp transmitters from one of our sister facilities. They also had username and password protection. Had to download the software and perform a device reset from the software. Was pretty simple.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

Those kzgs look really sexy!

Yeah, I will get the login tomorrow from them with a phone call....it was a bummer.

There is a set of some Mizuno E500 Joe forged or some crap on yahoo auction that I seriously would buy for the shafts. Roddios. My big mistake in ho'ing is that when I had the onoffs and prgrs at same time I should have put the roddios in the prgrs and sold the onoffs with the modus. Those roddios were great, and the prgrs were best cbs I have hit in recent times. I regret selling both rather than pull and swap.

Oh, forgot. So you guys would love my brother. He is younger by 4 years and he is a legit blade nazi.

So he hasn't swung a club in years. I was so depressed, his swing into the net looked good, it was like really. So I brought his palmer standards. I didn't shaft up the 2 and 3 irons, he was pissed. Then called me a b*tch for not having a 3 iron small blade. Then hit some naturally off shots among some striped (Seriously, screw Him) and me and him made some "ooohhh" and "ouch" comments, he got stung hard a few times. So my wife is like why are you using those if they hurt or something to that effect. My brother, who hasn't played in 10 years, goes on a rant only this group could love. I will loosely (And with less cursing) quote.

"Because I am supposed to hit it right where it feels great and doesn't hurt, if it hurts it is because my swing was bad. You don't get good at golf by being a little b*tch that wants to suck and have it feel ok to suck. If you are not playing blades you may as well not be playing golf. All these guys are ____ now with their big heads and not blades, that ____ is so ____. I don't have any respect for these "golfers" that don't use blades (then looks at me) and don't have blade long irons because they they are not as cool as they used to be".

Apparently the 4 iron bb didn't make cut for a respectable long iron to him. He also looked at my R7 head and said "this thing is huge., and 10.5 degrees? Bro Is that where you are at these days, ha!" I had to show him my 9* ryoma to save some respect....Now let's break this down, he thought my R7 was my gamer driver, thought an R7 was huge, and made fun of it being 10.5*, because that is the time capsule he is coming out of. Meanwhile, he was never better than high 70s in his day. I have to say though, his swing looked good. He looked like he could break 90 if he could drive and putt halfway ok. I am going to try to get him to play again. Maybe the simulator will get him back into it. But yeah, he is like the blade guy that is the extreme prejudice against anything not something along lines of palmer standards. I was trying to get him to acknowledge that my Miura 4 iron felt pretty good, all I got was "they are nice, the shafts are too short". Total golf/blade nazi. I guess I forgot how bad he was.....

I love that your brother is using Palmer Standards. :pimp:

Awesome sauce!

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I love that your brother is using Palmer Standards. :pimp:

Awesome sauce!

Not disagreeing, but I love that he called Bigmean a beeyotch for not having a 3i. OMFG I loved reading that.

I wonder what he would think of his brother gaming CBs... :bigwhack:

Registered Bladeocrat

I had Thanksgiving in the US was all about having to avoid or put up with embarassing drunk uncles and pointless political arguments.

I had no idea that Blade Nazis were thrown into the mix as well :cheesy:

That sounds like a typical Thanksgiving with Uncle DeNinny, IMHO.

Registered Bladeocrat