Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Small Blade Approach ( gap) wedge head arrived!!! and its gorgeous! cant wait to hit it...epoxy currently drying now ! has nice sharpleading edge and alot of trail edge relief.... plus a good bit of heel relief which i like..... notice the PW stamp has been welded and smoothed....

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

In less than a week, bladehunter just pwned Bigmean's and my BB sets with that BB gap wedge.

Now I want one.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

In less than a week, bladehunter just pwned Bigmean's and my BB sets with that BB gap wedge.

Now I want one.

ah come on now ! I still dont have a 2 iron..... yet ..

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Now I want one.

LOL when that happens you will have pwned Rebby's set too.

LOL BB envy is a vice.

Registered Bladeocrat

Now I want one.

LOL BB envy is a vice.

I would still be jealous of his because I actually love the black boron finish . not that the satin isnt nice but the black looks so sinister !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Small Blade Approach ( gap) wedge head arrived!!! and its gorgeous! cant wait to hit it...epoxy currently drying now ! has nice sharpleading edge and alot of trail edge relief.... plus a good bit of heel relief which i like..... notice the PW stamp has been welded and smoothed....

Duuuuuuuude!! That is beautiful. And unique.

You win the Internets today. All of them.

Now I want one.

LOL BB envy is a vice.

There was a poster on this site who had a one iron. I think he had pictures of it as well. Even Rebby was impressed.

Hey bladehunter, my BB PW weighs 299 grams. I was wondering if your BB gap wedge weighs the same or did the grinding significantly affect it? I can't see it amounting to more than a few grams, if at all, but I would like to confirm.

Registered Bladeocrat

Hmmm. Not sure. But I can get an approx weight tomorow. It's shafted now. But it will give a plus minus 10 grams. I would guess and say only lost a few grams in all. Weld had to add a few back to it as well. So a partial wash I'm sure. Still feels heavy to me. And I like heavy.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

For what it's worth I'm certain I could replicate this. Hardest part would be buying the Pw. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Where are all the offset baseball bats, tennis rackets, and hockey sticks?

Why don't these manufacturers pick up on the offset golf club manufacturer's "technology"?

(Sarcasm intended with this post.)

I may have to google these things to find pictures. If they, by some random chance do exist, they will look hilarious.

Where are all the offset baseball bats, tennis rackets, and hockey sticks?

Why don't these manufacturers pick up on the offset golf club manufacturer's "technology"?

(Sarcasm intended with this post.)

I may have to google these things to find pictures. If they, by some random chance do exist, they will look hilarious.

So I was a little diplomatic about offset earlier in stating the only thing it does is change the face angle, relatively speaking, but there is another technical problem with offset and if you just visualize an offset baseball bat and indulge me, I can explain. First imagine a baseball bat where the fat part is offset from the handle part. For discussion purposes, let's say it is two inches of offset from the handle. So now imagine a bat with this two inches of offset at the fat part and then imagine a normal bat. Now imagine rotating both bats around its handle. Imagine what happens to the position of fat part of both bats. The normal bat doesn't change position at all based on any amount of handle rotation. It just spins in place. Now imagine what happens to the offset bat. As you spin it around the handle, the fat part is going to get higher and lower based on the direction of spin. So now, the baseball player that swings the offset bat has to make darn sure he doesn't spin the handle at all and he has no margin for error if he does because if he does, he will change the position of the fat part of the bat and it will affect how he contacts the ball. This same issue exists with offset clubs where the face is not right in line with the center of the shaft. The more offset the club, the more it will exacerbate the position of the CG (or sweetspot or any specific part of the face) coming into impact when it is not held perfectly square by the golfer.

Offset is yet another "forgiving" feature in SGI clubs that theoretically makes things harder for a golfer that cannot always square up the clubhead. It makes contact with the sweetspot harder when the face isn't square.

Registered Bladeocrat

So tonight I loaded the golf clubs aboard the ship. All in my playing rotation. So I will be over 14 when I get to the course. Depending on how the driving range goes I may or may not take to the course. We will see. It is tempting to hit a tub or two of golf balls. They are pretty cheap. I have a month to strengthen my body and swing. I brought my tempo trainer and my kettle bell. Here goes!

How does one come by these odd Miuras? You mean I can custom order a 1-GW set???

from Joe Kwok ...maybe.. im not sure on the 1 iron in the small blade.. but the 2 is still available.. i have a price of $240 built for me , the GW was made form a pw head.... bent to loft and the pw stamp welded and a custom grind added... there is a 2-pw set of conforming tournament blades on the BST right now...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Interestingly enough, since I switched to blades from player's CB's (MP30's to MP33's) my number of completely flushed irons per round has gone up quite drastically. I have heard that the 33's are more forgiving than the 30's.

Your last sentence is something that was bandied about golf forums when the 33s and 30s were the new product line. It was the buzz coming from tour players that traveled through the grapevine that is the various company reps. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Interestingly enough, since I switched to blades from player's CB's (MP30's to MP33's) my number of completely flushed irons per round has gone up quite drastically. I have heard that the 33's are more forgiving than the 30's.

I had the same experience with mp67s and mp60. The mp67s were the better performing iron whether the strike was a mishit or good strike.

The cavity design has some serious unforgiving features. Enough to beg the question whether or not the manufacturers are really designing "forgiving" clubs.

Registered Bladeocrat

So i have been thinking.....deninny and his offset talk started it.

As my friends here know, I seriously play like a 15 cap off the tee.

So the big head, moi, turn it over talk got me thinking. How does someone that routinely plays solid shots that are fairly on line minus some flares and hooks, with the smallest most "non forgiving" irons now be able to point and shoot my high tech drivers?

So I saw this roddio shaft on the bay for $100 because no one knows what it is, and I can always get used some fancy a** japanese shaft to my door for sub $140. I am really considering getting a small driver and putting a shaft in it that no one would. The big drawback is my bad miss has been pull hook, so clearly I am getting the head around, but Inam wondering what would happen if I re shafted my R7 or got a better TP r7 or some kind of head like that which would be cheap as crap.

My r7 has a 48" shaft I put in it as a novelty, so it is a bad tester club. I could just cut it down as well and may do just that. But I am really thinking my winter build may be a new school/old school driver combo.

Any thoughts? Are there any new "hot" small heads?

Biggie, for a smaller driver clubhead, take a look at an R510. Not the 510TP, but the 510. It's a smaller head, and it's still plenty hot; I used mine earlier this year and hit the ball about at least as far as I normally had been this year. On some shots, a bit farther.

The clubhead is 330cc, but it takes a .350 shaft, and you might need a collared ferrule for it, on top of a possible/likely shim.

It's worth a shot. :)

edited to add: you can get the Aldila NV 65/75, and the VS Proto 60/70/80 in .350 bore, $44.99 at Hireko Golf. Just sayin' :pimp:

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

My 13* TEE strong 3w that I had lengthened to 43.5" goes almost as far as any of my drivers at 45". When I really nut my drivers they go farther, but overall I take only a 5-10 yard distance loss and gain better accuracy with the strong 3w.

The TEE CB/titanium face line of strong 3w's come in either 12* or 13* lofts and are as hot as anything more recent. I highly recommend the CB2 head over any other TEE CB generation.

The problem with 460cc and big head drivers is the same issue as with CBs: the flexing face does NOT produce consistent spin. So even though there is this big face, you get inconsistent spin at every different point of contact on that face. Additionally, you have to set up the most different with driver than all other clubs and it is longer, so timing it is different than all the others too.

Registered Bladeocrat

Never going to get NRJ to offer his approval on this. He has biases. :taunt: WTS, Titlesit 983K (365cc) or 905T (400cc). The latter has been the D of choice the last 1.5 years. Chased all offending 460's out the door. Comparative length to the prior G25 and significant improvement in finding fairways. Of the belief that the size allows me to square the head through impact better than the "big head todd" drivers. Nothing fancy, GD YS-6+ playing at 45". Sound, control, size, shape....perfect. And can be had for $50. As always, YMMV.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

As I keep surfing old TM drivers, I see the R540 is only 350cc

Again, just sayin' lol

Biggie, for a smaller driver clubhead, take a look at an R510. Not the 510TP, but the 510. It's a smaller head, and it's still plenty hot; I used mine earlier this year and hit the ball about at least as far as I normally had been this year. On some shots, a bit farther.

The clubhead is 330cc, but it takes a .350 shaft, and you might need a collared ferrule for it, on top of a possible/likely shim.

It's worth a shot. :)

edited to add: you can get the Aldila NV 65/75, and the VS Proto 60/70/80 in .350 bore, $44.99 at Hireko Golf. Just sayin' :pimp:

Never going to get NRJ to offer his approval on this. He has biases. :taunt: WTS, Titlesit 983K (365cc) or 905T (400cc). The latter has been the D of choice the last 1.5 years. Chased all offending 460's out the door. Comparative length to the prior G25 and significant improvement in finding fairways. Nothing fancy, GD YS-6+ playing at 45". Sound, control, size, shape....perfect. And can be had for $50. As always, YMMV.

Friends don't let friends play Titleist LOL

LOL the fact that now 'mini' drivers are being sold speaks volumes that the 460cc and 46"+ length drivers are not really that "forgiving".

Registered Bladeocrat

Played 6 weeks ago with an 'occasional' golfer at our monthly society match who had just bought a TM Aeroburner Mini Driver. He has historically had issues with drivers and this mini driver was getting his drives out there long and straight. I mistook it for a 3-wood but there was no mistaking how well he was hitting it. They are on sale over here for £80...tempted if they weren't white.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

LOL the fact that now 'mini' drivers are being sold speaks volumes that the 460cc and 46"+ length drivers are not really that "forgiving".

I'm sure there must be mathematical formulas that explain this phenomena. But beyond my deductive reasoning to understand. Operate in the realm of observable experimentation. See ball, hit ball, find ball, in short grass. All I need to know.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

So i have been thinking.....deninny and his offset talk started it.

As my friends here know, I seriously play like a 15 cap off the tee.

So the big head, moi, turn it over talk got me thinking. How does someone that routinely plays solid shots that are fairly on line minus some flares and hooks, with the smallest most "non forgiving" irons now be able to point and shoot my high tech drivers?

So I saw this roddio shaft on the bay for $100 because no one knows what it is, and I can always get used some fancy a** japanese shaft to my door for sub $140. I am really considering getting a small driver and putting a shaft in it that no one would. The big drawback is my bad miss has been pull hook, so clearly I am getting the head around, but Inam wondering what would happen if I re shafted my R7 or got a better TP r7 or some kind of head like that which would be cheap as crap.

My r7 has a 48" shaft I put in it as a novelty, so it is a bad tester club. I could just cut it down as well and may do just that. But I am really thinking my winter build may be a new school/old school driver combo.

Any thoughts? Are there any new "hot" small heads?

Most accurate driver I have used has an 85 gram shaft. The head is 450cc. Swing weight is D3. One of the least accurate I have swung in the past year has a 65 gram shaft and a sub 400 cc head. Swing weight is D1.

MB's for the most part are heavy clubs, the jump to light shafted woods is problematic to me. Head size is not a relevant factor, the weight, or weighting is. I also hit an old school wood with a steel shaft for kicks, it was incredibly easy to hit straight in large part because of the heft.

My $.0002.......try a heavier shaft.