Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

I prefer "blade disciple" to blade nazi. Or, if we want to be pretentiously sci fi, Blade Jedi. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I prefer "blade disciple" to blade nazi. Or, if we want to be pretentiously sci fi, Blade Jedi. :)

Master NRJyzr, with WRXers, Blade Jedi, I am. At home with family, Blade Nazi, I become.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Master NRJyzr, with WRXers, Blade Jedi, I am. At home with family, Blade Nazi, I become.

If one follows the Seinfeldian reference, it would seem to me Biggie's brother is the Blade Nazi. ;)

Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Yeah, I didn't want to not be PC, just that he was such a d*ck about it.....and it was 100% said off the soup nazi and .how he views blades like he views soup........and keeping aLOL in perspective he doesn't even play anymore and likely would shoot 92 if he got rolled out tomorrow, like HE ISNT EVEN GOOD!, doesn't care at all, and talks like he is a +2..

I just thought it was funny he was appalled by the loft and head size of my R7, R7 for gods sake, it was my gamer before I hade back surgery and I am not a trendy new club kinda guy in case you haven't noticed so it had to have been old then.....and right off the bat he grabbed the lowest blades iron he could and then complained that it wasn't low enough, believe me there was more, but that is the gist of it. I am making him play simulator golf with me this weekend if I can get it going...

If one follows the Seinfeldian reference, it would seem to me Biggie's brother is the Blade Nazi. ;)

THERE%2BCAN%2BBE%2BONLY%2BONE%2B-%2BHIGHLANDER.jpg

LOL, "You say you want some forgiveness? NO BLADES FOR YOU!"

It's pretty clear to me that Bigmean is his padawan. Or at least he should be.

Registered Bladeocrat

Sounds like Biggie's bro is a charicature of a Hardcore Aggressive member of the Classic Folders. Persimmons and blades, no compromise! LOL

Highlander is winning!

You know, his whole attitude yesterday really brought me back to our youth. We played with older guys growing up at the dawn of ping eye 2s yes and original tayolormade burners and founders club "the judge" titanium driver and all that and I guess I probably have a lot of that same influence he verbalized deep rooted in me even though I progressed and kept playing and stayed up on tech. We talked today, I was going to put the simulator in his spare bedroom (bachelor) but it is just like 2ft small the wrong way. I may revisit that though and hit toward his window the other other way, and it may work. Anyway I said dude if you had that you may get back into golf, and he straight up said " I think I would actually play with it a lot when I am bored, my swing felt pretty good"

It really pissed me off that he had a better looking swing than me yesterday. Like my mom and wife noticed it it was so much better looking(I don't go close to parallel, somehow he does and connected with a blade 4 iron and no play for 10 years....TEN years). I kinda want to get him back into. I think I said this before here, he played a 1 iron off the tee and his set was driver (Original burner that is missing), 1-pw standards. SW and putter. He always striped his long irons, which I just can't do, not like that, and it was sorta annoying to see it again yesterday with all the work I have put in the last couple of years...he still sucked with driver so that was good to see at least haha

Hi Guys. Just wanted to share that the draw just came out and I managed to qualify for our State Senior amateur event at Royal Melbourne in January. It's the premier senior amateur event of the year. 54 holes stroke (all 3 layouts. East, West and Composite course that they play in the Presidents Cup) from the back plates on rock hard greens. Quite a challenge!

Last time I played it I shot a ton so looking forward to try and improve this time around.

The only question is......Which set of blades to use :)

I just picked up a minty fresh set of MP32's with PX shafts. My gamer set is MP33's, and comparing these two sets, the 32's seem to have a bigger top line. It isn't as big as the top line on my MP30's, but it is definitely larger than my 33's. So, is the top line on the 32's bigger than normal for a blade? Or am I just so used to the thinner top line of the 33's?

*It is extremely awesome to own some of the best irons ever made*

Which set do you prefer??

I just picked up a minty fresh set of MP32's with PX shafts. My gamer set is MP33's, and comparing these two sets, the 32's seem to have a bigger top line. It isn't as big as the top line on my MP30's, but it is definitely larger than my 33's. So, is the top line on the 32's bigger than normal for a blade? Or am I just so used to the thinner top line of the 33's?

*It is extremely awesome to own some of the best irons ever made*

Which set do you prefer??

It's pretty standard for a Mizuno blade and also similar to a lot of modern blades. Toplines have gotten thicker in the last 10 years. Personally I Iike the topline a little thinner. Always thought mp blades were a tad thick for my taste.

Some players cb's of 10 years or more ago had thinner toplines than blades of today. Taylormade 300's for example.

I guess more meat in the topline affords more forgiveness for shots too high on the face. There is a lot of forgiveness built into modern blades.

Oldplayer, that is great news on your qualification! Congrats and I know you will represent well for the Blade users.

Widespread, I was never a fan of the mp32's looks. It's a great performing blade and all, but I had issue with the thicker topline, more offset, and wider sole as compared to the mp67s. When I got my mp67s I hit them side by side with the mp32s and ended up choosing the mp67s on looks because everything else was the same.

Registered Bladeocrat

Hi Guys. Just wanted to share that the draw just came out and I managed to qualify for our State Senior amateur event at Royal Melbourne in January. It's the premier senior amateur event of the year. 54 holes stroke (all 3 layouts. East, West and Composite course that they play in the Presidents Cup) from the back plates on rock hard greens. Quite a challenge!

Last time I played it I shot a ton so looking forward to try and improve this time around.

This is really awesome and we know you are going to represent the brotherhood well. The good news is, At the end of the day, whatever you pick, is going to be the right choice. You are a good player, so you know that if your mind determines that set is the best for thatweek, it will be, period and end of story. You won't bring anyone but the lady you have the best feeling about about to the dance.

Gc2 is badass btw. Played 27 today and some range time. Patience will pay with this one as it is currently at my parents until I move, which could be a while. Having this thing a,ways set up is going to be amazing. I see it being 2 different things, range that is totally accurate and solid practice , and the sim is just flat out cool and entertaining. Closest to pins also cool. I felt a little bad about getting this yesterday but today helped me get over that LOL.

This is really awesome and we know you are going to represent the brotherhood well. The good news is, At the end of the day, whatever you pick, is going to be the right choice. You are a good player, so you know that if your mind determines that set is the best for thatweek, it will be, period and end of story. You won't bring anyone but the lady you have the best feeling about about to the dance.

Well said. Remember you don't choose the blade. The blade chooses you ! ( sorry I had to ). Lol. Seriously though awesome news on getting into such a big event. I'm sure you have a set thy your more confident with. That is the set. That way no regrets if you miss a shot etc.

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Old player, you said you have played in this before and didn't have a good showing....I think that definitly sets the table to play a lot more freely this time around. I have a ton of respect for you guys that play tournaments. It is just so much more difficult under those pretended to shoot a score you could routinely shoot in the afternoon by yourself.

So for fun, what are your top 3 sets you have in mind for this? What are you feeling good about these days? I am curious what is on your short list with your options.

Old player, you said you have played in this before and didn't have a good showing....I think that definitly sets the table to play a lot more freely this time around. I have a ton of respect for you guys that play tournaments. It is just so much more difficult under those pretended to shoot a score you could routinely shoot in the afternoon by yourself.

So for fun, what are your top 3 sets you have in mind for this? What are you feeling good about these days? I am curious what is on your short list with your options.

i think i can speak for anyone who gets into tournament play and say that the rush is adictive... At least for me.. I love it to death... i feel nerves but somehow its more fun than nerves you feel with buddies etc.... and you find that everyone hits a bad shot here and there and nobody judges you for it..why ? because we all know our number could be next.... it brings out a focus thats hard to get in a normal round...

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

i think i can speak for anyone who gets into tournament play and say that the rush is adictive... At least for me.. I love it to death... i feel nerves but somehow its more fun than nerves you feel with buddies etc.... and you find that everyone hits a bad shot here and there and nobody judges you for it..why ? because we all know our number could be next.... it brings out a focus thats hard to get in a normal round...

I'll second that. Just come in from a Winter Doubles first round match that we lost on the 19th :-(. My partner hadn't picked a club up for five weeks and it was three weeks for me. We were 3 down after 3 and 4 down at the turn but managed to get back to all square at 15. Lost 16 to a birdie, halved 17 and then we won 18. Played off on the 1st in the dark and lost to a par which is a bit galling but a great match overall.

BH is right about the addictive rush of competitive golf and the fact that it really focuses your mind. Even though we lost, I am really happy as our opponents were a great pair to play with and I shot 1+ for the back nine :-)

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

I love playing in tournaments. Heck, I even love putting them on for our members, for the very reason you describe.

I can literally "feel" the nerves, and it gets my juices going.

(I will never in my life play my best golf, without the juices going. Heck, my dad and I have quite betting "actual" money, because it doesn't do anything. Sure, we announce the bet on the 3rd tee box (after 2 holes of dickering and haggling over who/what/where), but no money ever actually changes hands. The amount of money that would be needed to get the juices flowing is more than either of us is willing to take from each other, and as such, there is no reason to have a wager.)

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

so guys and gal.... i have a box containg a mixture of unicorn horn, pixie dust and the hammer of thor , forged by the hands of god into a small package on its way to me...... I guess sometime next week ill know what all this fuss is about.......

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Small package and hands of God sounds like the best thing in golf. Really curious to get your opinion on these. I definitely understand the overrated crowd, but this set rarely gets that, but I do get it.

The good news is that it won't take a long time for you to have an opinion on them. It will be determined within the first 3 shots. Mine was first. A 1/2 8 iron to start a range session and it went like 110. Only 2 sets upon an initial hit ha be made me smile/know something was different within first 3 swings. Lots of good clubs out there. Lots of good. 2 sets have touched my nervous system, my Vegas and these, and somehow despite that, these are not even same category. Nothing even threatens or scares them in my mind. If you look up peerless in the dictionary, there should be a photo of these.

Small package and hands of God sounds like the best thing in golf. Really curious to get your opinion on these. I definitely understand the overrated crowd, but this set rarely gets that, but I do get it.

The good news is that it won't take a long time for you to have an opinion on them. It will be determined within the first 3 shots. Mine was first. A 1/2 8 iron to start a range session and it went like 110. Only 2 sets upon an initial hit ha be made me smile/know something was different within first 3 swings. Lots of good clubs out there. Lots of good. 2 sets have touched my nervous system, my Vegas and these, and somehow despite that, these are not even same category. Nothing even threatens or scares them in my mind. If you look up peerless in the dictionary, there should be a photo of these.

Yep. I feel like I just stole the top of the heap blade and I hope they wow me into never looking at another set. They had 5 rounds on them and show to be new. I paid a very good price for them and washed the cost of them away by selling my legacy iron stash this morning. I had gathered a spare set of legacy heads and the originals had come back. Again. Lol. ( long story ) but I hadn't been playing them. So in short I feel Ike I traded even for them. On the balance sheet I did ! And that's the way i knew I would have to work it to get a set. Took 2 years of looking.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Well, the AP2s lasted exactly 7 holes yesterday in their maiden round. Just not my cup of tea. By the end of the round, I was knocking down flags with a beater set of MP32s. I do this every year - spend a nice sum of cash for a more forgiving set of irons only to realize I have 3 sets of beater blades that I like better.

Thinking of MP4s, 69s, or maybe Z945s. What are the current thoughts on the MP69s? I had a set when they first came out and remember them being really nice at address with a nice sole grind. Love the 4s - might be my favorite set of all time. I'll probably end up with another set of them, but feeling like the 69s might be calling my name this time.

Thanks guys for all the support and well wishes. There certainly is a community here. Blade lovers in particular, who offer wise words and great advise on the equipment side, and on the game we love. Yes, if you are competitive and have a drive to test yourself and strive to improve, then tournament play is really where it is at. I've also found our interclub pennant matchplay very challenging and rewarding and have played that for many years; although it is time for those younger than me to take over. Needing to hit the clutch shot or hole a 6 foot putt to win a match, or keep one going is a way to see if you can perform under pressure.

As to the question and the shortlist of blades. It would be between my mp4's, kzg zo's or a combo of miura 501's and mb001's.

You can see my dilemma. Great sets all. I am probably leaning towards the kzg's.