2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

LOL Biggestmean, if you really want to kill your CB quest, make sure that whenever you demo them you bring your BBs and do direct side by side comparisons at the same time. Compare feel and performance and everything. Then re-ask yourself why you want a CB set. It will be like test driving an SUV on the Nurburgring track in Germany after taking your Ferrari F12 out on it. Or expecting to get a caffeine rush from a non-fat latte with a triple shot of decaf...why bother?

Hey Tcann32, I pull my facial hairs out one by one with tweezers. I don't need no pansy Word not allowed straight blade.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I haven't swung a club in over 2 weeks prior to this today and aside from hitting pretty decent shots (layoffs do that, stock baby draw out the gate and some small pull draws ruined by pushes in an attempt to change the pull draw) the feel difference was still apparent. Finishing year 2 with the BBs the feel is part of my DNA at this point, pretenders are easily detected.....No side by side needed.

El Diablo...wants to be in your business. Cat people are used to this. I didn't even notice. I am watched all day. If I go out to hit some balls in the yard there are faces in the window. Don't even try to putt on the carpet. Interception city.

I've got one of those. Mine is named taco. He's a half Siamese half Lynx. Picture a bobbed tail Siamese with the longer back legs. He's super talkative. Weighs about 15 lbs and is the most gentle tom cat alive. He plays gently with our 1 year old 3 pound Yorkshire terrier. And she's ferocious! And yes. No carpet putting. They both attack the ball.

This is off topic, but I have a question for you. How do you like the Modus 130X's? I am looking at possibly getting a set.

I think this is the correct place for this question:

Seriously considering the Miura BB, what wedges do you guys use with these irons? Most wedges look bigger than the PW. Thanks

I play the Y grind series 53 and 60 and yes there is a size difference between any wedge and the BB PW. Personally I love the difference. That small PW head is a dream off tight lies and for chipping. The same benefits of the BB head size applies to short game as well as full shots: smaller sole surface area means LESS chance of hitting ground before ball AND it cuts through grass and turf more easily due to less drag on the smaller head.

Enjoy your BBs! Just do it if you want thrm!

Registered Bladeocrat

I think this is the correct place for this question:

Seriously considering the Miura BB, what wedges do you guys use with these irons? Most wedges look bigger than the PW. Thanks

I play the Y grind series 53 and 60 and yes there is a size difference between any wedge and the BB PW. Personally I love the difference. That small PW head is a dream off tight lies and for chipping. The same benefits of the BB head size applies to short game as well as full shots: smaller sole surface area means LESS chance of hitting ground before ball AND it cuts through grass and turf more easily due to less drag on the smaller head.

Enjoy your BBs! Just do it if you want thrm!

thanks!

Everyone sell their blades and get some cats, er what?? ;)

Hope you all man up and start shaving with a straight blade as well. If you're gonna represent, you better represent full on.

My cat shaves me...with his razor talons. Chuck Norris watches in awe.

Sell my MP-4's? It would take quite a bit of convincing. Not even a gun to my head. Miuras traded straight up? Maybe, but there would have to be a 1&2 iron.

This is Oscar "the razor" a 9 month old Birman. Teeth like needles and claws like shredders.

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

Here's my set, Amber, Ebony, Pi (putts cross-handed) and Jack (after watching one of my chips)

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

El Diablo...wants to be in your business. Cat people are used to this. I didn't even notice. I am watched all day. If I go out to hit some balls in the yard there are faces in the window. Don't even try to putt on the carpet. Interception city.

I've got one of those. Mine is named taco. He's a half Siamese half Lynx. Picture a bobbed tail Siamese with the longer back legs. He's super talkative. Weighs about 15 lbs and is the most gentle tom cat alive. He plays gently with our 1 year old 3 pound Yorkshire terrier. And she's ferocious! And yes. No carpet putting. They both attack the ball.

This is off topic, but I have a question for you. How do you like the Modus 130X's? I am looking at possibly getting a set.

in the words of Madea ...I Luuurrrvvee them ! no seriously the best iron shaft for me ive ever hit... Their profile fits a person who like project x , which is what i came from... i would describe 130 x as being the flight of project x 7.0 with much better feel ( smoother) and tighter dispersion... they launch high like PX but are easily flighted anywhere you want... and they are a spin killer.... im a high spin player so they help me control shots ...

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

no seriously the best iron shaft for me ive ever hit... Their profile fits a person who like project x , which is what i came from... i would describe 130 x as being the flight of project x 7.0 with much better feel ( smoother) and tighter dispersion... they launch high like PX but are easily flighted anywhere you want... and they are a spin killer.... im a high spin player so they help me control shots ...

Now that I hit the ball a lot lower than I used to, I'm wondering if I should take another look at Modus³ 130, since spin is a huge issue for me. The only trick is figuring out which flex, since they're a bit stiffer.

I have a demo 8 iron I built, I should hit it over the winter, see what I get. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

no seriously the best iron shaft for me ive ever hit... Their profile fits a person who like project x , which is what i came from... i would describe 130 x as being the flight of project x 7.0 with much better feel ( smoother) and tighter dispersion... they launch high like PX but are easily flighted anywhere you want... and they are a spin killer.... im a high spin player so they help me control shots ...

Now that I hit the ball a lot lower than I used to, I'm wondering if I should take another look at Modus³ 130, since spin is a huge issue for me. The only trick is figuring out which flex, since they're a bit stiffer.

I have a demo 8 iron I built, I should hit it over the winter, see what I get. :)

yep.... might be the ticket... food for thought ive found these shafts change a good bit with soft and hard stepping too so its easier to get to the in between flexes if need be that some other shafts .

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Quick question for the Blade putter users (8802 style) - what do you use on slower / wetter greens?

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

Quick question for the Blade putter users (8802 style) - what do you use on slower / wetter greens?

I keep using the same putter. :)

To be more specific, I use stroke length for distance control in all situations, so I'll just use a longer putt stroke on the slower green.

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

yep.... might be the ticket... food for thought ive found these shafts change a good bit with soft and hard stepping too so its easier to get to the in between flexes if need be that some other shafts .

Interestingly, when reading some reviews, some talked of seeing higher spin with the 130, vs something like DGS400. I found that interesting, and actually falls in line with the assistant pro at our course; I gave him my 130 stiff demo club (8 iron, Purefit 1020 blade) and he found it a club or more short, with way too much spin for him.

He does spin the ball off irons/wedges more than yours truly, but it's something that's kept me from diving head first into a set of 130s. That, combined with my general preference for the feel of DG in the "DG vs PX" arena.

Still, have to try more to know for sure. :)

I used to switch to a heel shafted semi-mallet (Wilson 8883, Cleveland Classic #2) but tend to switch between the 8813 and Anser-style putters exclusively now. Having said that, my greens (in Staffordshire) have been pretty quick all year round for the last couple of years!!

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Just for fun, I'm considering making a MP32/11 combo set. I really like the 32's and they certainly do offer a bit of forgiveness for the style of club head that they are.

Perhaps 8-P will be the 11's and the 5, 6, 7, and whatever other long irons I carry will be the 32's.

I will also bend them a smidgen weak, reducing some of the offset and getting some nice, even gaps in the middle of the bag.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

in the words of Madea ...I Luuurrrvvee them ! no seriously the best iron shaft for me ive ever hit... Their profile fits a person who like project x , which is what i came from... i would describe 130 x as being the flight of project x 7.0 with much better feel ( smoother) and tighter dispersion... they launch high like PX but are easily flighted anywhere you want... and they are a spin killer.... im a high spin player so they help me control shots ...

I'm coming from the ctaper x which I liked, but man my elbows paid the price. I had the 105x hs1 and they were way too soft, but I miss that smooth feel. I used to love the px 6.5 so maybe I'll give the Modus 130 X a try.

Thanks for the input!

Just for fun, I'm considering making a MP32/11 combo set. I really like the 32's and they certainly do offer a bit of forgiveness for the style of club head that they are.

Perhaps 8-P will be the 11's and the 5, 6, 7, and whatever other long irons I carry will be the 32's.

I will also bend them a smidgen weak, reducing some of the offset and getting some nice, even gaps in the middle of the bag.

If you like mp32s with less offset, the mp67s are it without any bending. And they have a thinner sole. Also they will feel similar due to the cut muscle.

Registered Bladeocrat

Interestingly, when reading some reviews, some talked of seeing higher spin with the 130, vs something like DGS400. I found that interesting, and actually falls in line with the assistant pro at our course; I gave him my 130 stiff demo club (8 iron, Purefit 1020 blade) and he found it a club or more short, with way too much spin for him.

He does spin the ball off irons/wedges more than yours truly, but it's something that's kept me from diving head first into a set of 130s. That, combined with my general preference for the feel of DG in the "DG vs PX" arena.

Still, have to try more to know for sure. :)

Yea. Just depends on player and release type. Mine is very late. I spin the crap out of DG . It launches lower but I am always a club short or more with DG. And wedges will spin like a top . I can still spin the 130 a lot too. But usually it's on my steep stuck flip move . Lol. I'll sometimes hit a wedge or short iron that I get into too Steep and instinctively try to save it with my hands. Flip it over and the flight will start as a push and then you'll see the ball start working back left at the end. When it lands on the green it will usually hop and cut hard left with spin .. Sometimes works out great but it's never on purpose. Lol But when I put a good swing on it wedges usually just stick where they land . Which is what I call in control.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I keep using the same putter. :)

To be more specific, I use stroke length for distance control in all situations, so I'll just use a longer putt stroke on the slower green.

The cat person answer is similar. I have only one putter, so I make the stroke longer. On wetter greens I use a towel to wipe the ball and the clubhead after holing out.