2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

14 Way Stand Bag?

jbellino7

I'm looking to get a stand bag with 14 individual full length club dividers that balances value and functionality...

I've researched the Sun Mountain Four5, Titleist 14 Way, Callaway Fusion 14 and Nike Sasquatch Tour (I believe the Nike bag is no longer produced?)

Sun Mountain Four5 has the 14 full length club dividers, weighs in at 5.5lbs, has a 10.5" top, top carry handle and spine carry handle, and seems to be a good bag for carrying or riding. BUT this bag seems lacking in available pockets and comes with a slightly higher price tag at $229

Callaway Fusion 14 has full length dividers but the website doesn't specify how many full length dividers (does anyone have this bag and know the answer? Not the Fusion hybrid though), also I couldn't find how much the bag weighs, it has a 10" top (which I believe should still be fine with my mid-sized grips), it has the carry handle on top and on the spine as well, it comes with an abundant 10 pockets for accessories, and a better price tag at $199. BUT this bag seems like a lower quality compared to Sun Mountain based on the pictures.

Titleist 14 Way is ruled out due to a smaller 9.5" top, which based on reviews I've read, will not be good with my mid-sized grips. It also weighs in at 6.4lbs. It also only comes with 4 full length dividers.

Does anyone have an opinion on comparing these bags? and does anyone know of any other bag with similar characteristics that I haven't come across?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also looking to get a new 14 way carry bag myself. I hadn't considered the smaller top on the Titleist a problem till you mentioned it there - good shout!

Ping Hoofer 14 seems to be the one I am leaning towards. This is to replace a Nike Performance 14 way which I found was a great bag!

I am really set on a 14 way top BUT one bag that is making me rethink is the TaylorMade Purelite as it has a trolly friendly base. I do tend to use the trolley for some rounds that I know will be longer or when I need to carry a lot of rain gear etc and I think if the bag sat better on the trolley than my old Nike that would be a big plus!

Titleist 915 D2 10.5* Diamana D+
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
Titleist 913H 19* Project X 6.0
Titleist 714 CB 4-PW Nippon Modus 120
Titleist Vokey SM6 52* & 58* Nippon Modus 120
Odyssey ProType 6

I've got the Nike Performance Carry Stand Bag which was the newer version of the Sasquatch and the model before the Nike Performance Hybrid. After 3 seasons it still looks new so I think Nike's durability is on par with the best of them. Personally, I think Nike bags are the best in terms of looks and functionality especially at their lower price point than other manufacturers. I carry during the off season and use a push cart during the summers. The bag fits perfectly on my push cart, no complaints. If my bag ever deteriorates, I'll be looking at the Nike Air Hybrid as a replacement for sure.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

[quote name='Redstorm2011' timestamp='1423846756' post='10946073']
I've got the Nike Performance Carry Stand Bag which was the newer version of the Sasquatch and the model before the Nike Performance Hybrid. After 3 seasons it still looks new so I think Nike's durability is on par with the best of them. Personally, I think Nike bags are the best in terms of looks and functionality especially at their lower price point than other manufacturers. I carry during the off season and use a push cart during the summers. The bag fits perfectly on my push cart, no complaints. If my bag ever deteriorates, I'll be looking at the Nike Air Hybrid as a replacement for sure.
[/quote]

The only issue I'm potentially seeing with the Nike Air Hybrid is that I have mid-sized grips and that bag only has a 9.5" top...which I've read reviews of other bags with 9.5" tops (Titleist 14 way) and people wrote reviews stating it was an issue with the larger grips...

[quote name='RenoHack' timestamp='1423901348' post='10950909']
Have you looked into any ogio bags ? Plenty of models with 14 way dividers. I got the recoil last year and love it.
[/quote]

I have an Ogio bag now. I've only used it for about a season and a half and the bottoms of the accessory pockets tore open and now are useless...so unfortunately I currently have a bad taste in my mouth for Ogio.

I have two Sun Mountain Four 5 bags and I love them. I agree with you they could have a few more pockets but you will find out they have enough pockets. You don't want to carry more than is needed when you are walking. Having gone through several stand bags for walking before settling on the Sun Mountain my advice would be to go into a store and try each bag on you are interested in. Fit is the most important thing. The bag needs to fit your frame right and be comfortable when carrying a bag full of clubs. If it doesn't do that you won't like it on the back nine.

Current Four Five user here and have had the Ogio and Titleist before. The Four Five is better for me, little lighter weight than the Ogio and the Ogio also had a few features I never used like the ball holder. Comparing the Titleist and Four Five I just found the Sun Mountain to be a slighter nicer bag with better color selections. The caveat here is that I think the two bags are actually made by the same manufacturer (?).

On top of the helpful Four5 comments above I can only add my appreciation for the Four5's build quality.
Black w/ red piping here... and it fits me very well. Good looking bag.

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

The Callaway Fusion 14 doesn't have all 14 dividers that are full length like the Nike Air Hybrid. But both of those have a few top openings that could be bigger. The best 14-way bags in my opinion are the Titleist 14-way from last year and before. I think they messed up this year's by forcing the putter well into it, now some of the openings are small and I do not think the dividers are full length in all 14 openings. The Ping Hoofer 14 is the same way, not all of the dividers are full length, there are only like three or four. If you can find the Titleist it has the best combination of bigger openings and 14 full length dividers.

Currently a Four5 user and wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Been the shoddiest bag(s) I've ever had. Had to replace the first one after 3 months of minimal use as the stand fell apart and the second did the same after only 6 months. Still got the second one (couldn't be bothered with their poor customer service after the first one!) and it's held together by a screw. I wouldn't mind, but the first one saw maybe 5 rounds of golf in three months as I was injured! Shame as the rest of the bag has been great.

I'm looking at going back to Ping bags as never had an issue with one before and never treated myself to a hoofer. Ordering it this saturday as my pro has none in stock. I can also vouch for Titleist bags being good, which is ironic as they're made by Sun Mountain according to my pro. Must just be me having bad luck with the four5.

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19 S300
Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Stiff
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

I have the Nike Performance Carry from a couple of years ago and love it with two exceptions. The top can be a little tight with a fat putter grip, but not a deal breaker. My main issue with it is that it fits terribly into a golf cart when riding. I don't know if they fixed this issue in the newer models, but I know Sun Mountain has that cart strap feature and cart friendly bottom to make things easier.

[quote name='Linkkingx' timestamp='1424368702' post='10985775']I have the Nike Performance Carry from a couple of years ago and love it with two exceptions. The top can be a little tight with a fat putter grip, but not a deal breaker. My main issue with it is that it fits terribly into a golf cart when riding. I don't know if they fixed this issue in the newer models, but I know Sun Mountain has that cart strap feature and cart friendly bottom to make things easier.[/quote]

My 2014 Nike performance hybrid bag has the cart strap feature as well and it will stand upright on its own as stated above. I walk more than I ride but it's a quality bag and I haven't had any issues while riding.

I am surprised no one mentioned the Mizuno Aerolite. Currently use this bag. Has 14 dividers and plenty of pockets and storage. It's light and compact and sell for a decent price.

Nike Covert Tour 3W 14° / Blueboard 103X
Nike Covert Tour 5W 18° / Blueboard 103X
Nike Covert Tour 4H 22° / Blueboard 103X
Mizuno MP-68 4-9 / DG TI X100
Nike Method 001 / Nike 20XI
Mizuno MP R-12 49°, 54°, 59° & 64°

• 9 months later...

Well my 2016 fusion 14 just arrived (nothing but regret)... It's a nice bag with lots of storage, but so far I can't stand the 14 way divider! I'm coming from a mizuno areolite with the "kabuki" top that I love! Gonna try the fusion out with a Caddytek push cart that I'm getting for Christmas and see how it goes! One thing for sure is that I will not carry with this bag, will keep my ragged out areolite for carrying!! Or maybe get another bag for walking... The Callaway hl3 has caught my eye, or maybe another Mizzy with staff colors!

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

[quote name='Lefty431' timestamp='1450311584' post='12729302']
Well my 2016 fusion 14 just arrived (nothing but regret)... It's a nice bag with lots of storage, but so far I can't stand the 14 way divider! I'm coming from a mizuno areolite with the "kabuki" top that I love! Gonna try the fusion out with a Caddytek push cart that I'm getting for Christmas and see how it goes! One thing for sure is that I will not carry with this bag, will keep my ragged out areolite for carrying!! Or maybe get another bag for walking... The Callaway hl3 has caught my eye, or maybe another Mizzy with staff colors!
[/quote]

Do you not like the Callaway Fusion 14 just bc you dont like the 14 way top or is there something else about the bag that you dislike? Also, can you confirm whether it is a truly a 14 way full length divider bag, i.e. is each individual club slot a full length divider? Thanks.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

[quote name='RobDMB' timestamp='1450364661' post='12731258']
[quote name='Lefty431' timestamp='1450311584' post='12729302']
[/quote]

Do you not like the Callaway Fusion 14 just bc you dont like the 14 way top or is there something else about the bag that you dislike? Also, can you confirm whether it is a truly a 14 way full length divider bag, i.e. is each individual club slot a full length divider? Thanks.
[/quote]

Few inches of grip can be seen below the "full length" divider!! And the 14 way divider is my gripe! Just messing around with it... Seems like a PITA to get clubs in and out! Maybe I will get used to it!

In my experience, 14 way dividers seem like a good idea but when you actually load them up they never seem quite right. Either the putter seems out of place, or the headcovers don't fit right because they don't go down into the divider, or they seem to not balance the weight well, etc. I prefer a 4-way top like the SM 3.5, it provides more flexibility and at least with the 3.5 I've never experienced any tangle at all which would be the only reason I'd think of going to a 14 way.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

[quote name='brew4eagle' timestamp='1450374616' post='12732030']
In my experience, 14 way dividers seem like a good idea but when you actually load them up they never seem quite right. Either the putter seems out of place, or the headcovers don't fit right because they don't go down into the divider, or they seem to not balance the weight well, etc. I prefer a 4-way top like the SM 3.5, it provides more flexibility and at least with the 3.5 I've never experienced any tangle at all which would be the only reason I'd think of going to a 14 way.
[/quote]

Would trade for the hl5 if I had the chance... Just didn't like the color option as well...