True Temper's new "AMT" Dynamic Gold iron shafts

pga43

[quote name='Danny16' timestamp='1438923568' post='12094140'][quote name='poppman2142' timestamp='1438913091' post='12093406']
I heard they will be a Titleist exclusive offering for one year as supposedly Titleist helped develop them. Not sure if true, but just what I heard.
[/quote]

It's true, I heard it from a rep[/quote]

:lol:

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

[quote name='MikeCzeck' timestamp='1438911643' post='12093266']
I haven't done much research other than reading the article on these but are these shafts really going to make that big of an impact? Reading these comments sounds like these are immediately taking 5 shots off your round.
[/quote]
While this isn't anything revolutionary, I do think peeps are getting all crazy over a new white tour issue sticker (be honest with yourselves) and the credibility they're having on tour is justifying that rationale.

After the dust settles (and settle it will) reality will once again pronounce the fact that they're just iron golf shafts.

@therealping

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1438943832' post='12094558']
I haven't done much research other than reading the article on these but are these shafts really going to make that big of an impact? Reading these comments sounds like these are immediately taking 5 shots off your round.
[/quote]
While this isn't anything revolutionary, I do think peeps are getting all crazy over a new white tour issue sticker (be honest with yourselves) and the credibility they're having on tour is justifying that rationale.

After the dust settles (and settle it will) reality will once again pronounce the fact that they're just iron golf shafts.
[/quote]

I don't mind people getting excited over new equipment - this is WRX after all. However whilst I want to try these, I'm struggling to see what is so revolutionary about them. Aren't they just a slightly different weight to the old DG'S?

[quote name='WolfWRX' timestamp='1438944841' post='12094588']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't mind people getting excited over new equipment - this is WRX after all. However whilst I want to try these, I'm struggling to see what is so revolutionary about them. Aren't they just a slightly different weight to the old DG'S?
[/quote]Nothing derogative, hell, I even find myself trying to acquire a set of these.

But yes, same profile just lesser weight in the long and mid irons and progressing to the standard weight as it gets into the wedges. Haven't read much more than that.

@therealping

[/quote]

Don't tell that to the people in this thread. It's the thread that never ends...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1102365-it-just-me-or-are-a-lot-of-pros-switching-to-nippon-iron-shafts/

[/quote]

[/quote]

Completely agree

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1438943832' post='12094558'][quote name='MikeCzeck' timestamp='1438911643' post='12093266']
[/quote]

After the dust settles (and settle it will) reality will once again pronounce the fact that they're just iron golf shafts. [/quote]

Maybe, but I think it's more significant than you think.
Yes, there have been ascending weight shaft sets produced before, but not with an increment as much as 3 grams and certainly not in the iconic profile that the DG is.
As someone who is a strong proponent of MOI matching, this is very exciting news and I hope we see other marquee shaft brands add similar variants to their product ranges.

Just got the grips put on my set with X100s. I'll be on the range first thing in the morning to give them a go. I replaced a set of standard X100s with them in my Nike Vapor Pros. Thanks Howeber for sharing a set with me.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

[quote name='mileslong' timestamp='1439149408' post='12106014']
Just got the grips put on my set with X100s. I'll be on the range first thing in the morning to give them a go. I replaced a set of standard X100s with them in my Nike Vapor Pros. Thanks Howeber for sharing a set with me.
[/quote]

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Just got done trying out my set. First thing I did when I got to the course was check the swing weights. All were spot on. The long irons definitely feel lighter. After hitting a bucket of balls, nothing scientific, just hitting balls, I thought they felt a touch firmer than the standard X100. Ball flight was a touch low in the lower irons and a touch higher in the longer irons. I hadn't hit a ball in 4 days so my ball striking wasn't perfect, but thats what I walked away with. I'll get them on the course tomorrow.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

[quote name='appilags' timestamp='1439036267' post='12100272']
[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1438943832' post='12094558'][quote name='MikeCzeck' timestamp='1438911643' post='12093266']
[/quote]

After the dust settles (and settle it will) reality will once again pronounce the fact that they're just iron golf shafts. [/quote]

Yes, there have been ascending weight shaft sets produced before, but not with an increment as much as 3 grams and certainly not in the iconic profile that the DG is.
As someone who is a strong proponent of MOI matching, this is very exciting news and I hope we see other marquee shaft brands add similar variants to their product ranges.
[/quote]

I build to MOI/MBI matched specs. Although there have been a few posts in this 16 page thread referencing MOI, I'm surprised that there isn't more excitement in the pro "MOI matching" community. It just so happens that before these shafts even came out, I had worked up a spreadsheet to find the "ideal" head and shaft weight specs to create an MOI and MBI matched iron set build. I found that the ideals are a 3g shaft weight increment and a 5.25g head weight increment. The standard deviation across the set for the MOI is 0.0 and for the MBI it's under 2.5. That's about as matched as it gets.

So if you're an MOI/MBI guy, then you should be excited about the AMT and hope that other manufacturers follow suit - and quickly!

(and for all the posters who keep asking about whether or not the AMT still achieves a swingweight matched set... wake up and smell the coffee :fool: )

[quote name='Noodler' timestamp='1439265228' post='12114824']
[quote name='appilags' timestamp='1439036267' post='12100272']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I build to MOI/MBI matched specs. Although there have been a few posts in this 16 page thread referencing MOI, I'm surprised that there isn't more excitement in the pro "MOI matching" community. It just so happens that before these shafts even came out, I had worked up a spreadsheet to find the "ideal" head and shaft weight specs to create an MOI and MBI matched iron set build. I found that the ideals are a 3g shaft weight increment and a 5.25g head weight increment. The standard deviation across the set for the MOI is 0.0 and for the MBI it's under 2.5. That's about as matched as it gets.

So if you're an MOI/MBI guy, then you should be excited about the AMT and hope that other manufacturers follow suit - and quickly!

(and for all the posters who keep asking about whether or not the AMT still achieves a swingweight matched set... wake up and smell the coffee :fool: )
[/quote]

What is MBI? I'm a huge fan of moi irons and cannot wait for these. I wish true temper would set a release date.

[quote name='campion' timestamp='1439273441' post='12115074']
What is MBI? I'm a huge fan of moi irons and cannot wait for these. I wish true temper would set a release date.
[/quote]

I don't want to derail this thread, but since you asked here...

MBI = MOI Balance Index. It's an attempt to quantify the differences some people feel even between MOI matched sets that have the same MOI absolute value. So you may have 2 iron sets matched to an MOI of 2725 kg-cm2, but they don't feel/swing alike. This is due to the balance of the weights between components. That is, you could have a 2725 MOI using heavy shafts with light heads and another set built to 2725 using heavy heads with light shafts. MBI provides a method to further match the "feel" of the dynamic heft of the sets so that 2 completely different sets both built to the same MOI AND MBI will in fact have an almost identical "heft feel" when swung.

Search Google and you'll find a wealth of info on the net regarding MBI.

MBI is why the AMT shafts are such important news. Sure we've had ascending weight shafts before, but never as "aggressive" as the AMT. A 3g increment was unheard of previously and it just so happens that a 3g increment is PERFECT for MBI matching (I can share my numbers if anyone really wants to get into the nitty gritty as to how this plays out)! We really need all the manufacturers to sit up and take notice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly.

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

[quote name='Bdmac79' timestamp='1439328137' post='12119050'][quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1438943832' post='12094558']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly.[/quote]

Maybe not revolutionary, but certainly evolutionary.

[quote name='Noodler' timestamp='1439326256' post='12118842']
[quote name='campion' timestamp='1439273441' post='12115074']
[/quote]

I don't want to derail this thread, but since you asked here...

MBI = MOI Balance Index. It's an attempt to quantify the differences some people feel even between MOI matched sets that have the same MOI absolute value. So you may have 2 iron sets matched to an MOI of 2725 kg-cm2, but they don't feel/swing alike. This is due to the balance of the weights between components. That is, you could have a 2725 MOI using heavy shafts with light heads and another set built to 2725 using heavy heads with light shafts. MBI provides a method to further match the "feel" of the dynamic heft of the sets so that 2 completely different sets both built to the same MOI AND MBI will in fact have an almost identical "heft feel" when swung.

Search Google and you'll find a wealth of info on the net regarding MBI.

MBI is why the AMT shafts are such important news. Sure we've had ascending weight shafts before, but never as "aggressive" as the AMT. A 3g increment was unheard of previously and it just so happens that a 3g increment is PERFECT for MBI matching (I can share my numbers if anyone really wants to get into the nitty gritty as to how this plays out)! We really need all the manufacturers to sit up and take notice.
[/quote]

Dang.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better the moi matching. I will check it out thanks for the info.

Interesting shaft. Maybe I missed it, but would anyone be able to comment on the difference between these and the DG Pro shafts? Thanks in advance.

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

1. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet... Will the AMT sets have a separate shaft for 9-iron and wedge?

I feel like modern iron shaft sets should have separate 9i and wedge shafts, since in the "old days" 9i and wedge were often the same length. Hence the same shaft. Now lofts have dropped, and the wedge and gap wedge are often the same length.

2. MOI vs MBI... So other sets like DG Pro and Ping CFS have actually been lighter in the short irons. We were told this was to help achieve MOI balancing in the set. Now lighter in the long irons is actually MBI balancing? Anyone else confused?

[quote name='Makuakane_Bear' timestamp='1439386878' post='12122860']
Interesting shaft. Maybe I missed it, but would anyone be able to comment on the difference between these and the DG Pro shafts? Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Pretty sure that there was mention in this thread.....if I remember correctly, DGP are the opposite of these....heavier in the long irons and lighter in the short irons

[quote name='Makuakane_Bear' timestamp='1439386878' post='12122860']
[/quote]
Chad from TT discussed this earlier this year in the thread. The easiest way to find that info is to do a search from within this thread topic and simply type it in with quoattions......."dg pro" This will give you a nice summary instantly of those discussions on your question.

King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
Kenny Giannini G6

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1439388066' post='12122992'][quote name='Makuakane_Bear' timestamp='1439386878' post='12122860']
[/quote]

Pretty sure that there was mention in this thread.....if I remember correctly, DGP are the opposite of these....heavier in the long irons and lighter in the short irons[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='firstbatch' timestamp='1439388264' post='12123022'][quote name='Makuakane_Bear' timestamp='1439386878' post='12122860']
[/quote]
Chad from TT discussed this earlier this year in the thread. The easiest way to find that info is to do a search from within this thread topic and simply type it in with quoattions......."dg pro" This will give you a nice summary instantly of those discussions on your question.[/quote]
Thank You!

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

[quote name='nova6868' timestamp='1439387928' post='12122984']
1. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet... Will the AMT sets have a separate shaft for 9-iron and wedge?

I feel like modern iron shaft sets should have separate 9i and wedge shafts, since in the "old days" 9i and wedge were often the same length. Hence the same shaft. Now lofts have dropped, and the wedge and gap wedge are often the same length.

2. MOI vs MBI... So other sets like DG Pro and Ping CFS have actually been lighter in the short irons. We were told this was to help achieve MOI balancing in the set. Now lighter in the long irons is actually MBI balancing? Anyone else confused?
[/quote]

The only set I've seen in person was S400 AMT 3-PW. The 3 Iron shaft 40" and 1/2" increments all the way down, 9 Iron 37", PW 36.5" (those are all uncut shaft lengths, the lengths are stamped on the butt of each shaft).

Driver-Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 70 6.0
3W- Titleist TSR2 15 Hzrdus 70 6.0
Hybrid-Ping G410 19* Xcaliber Pro 85 S
Irons- Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Combo, KBS TOUR 120 S
Wedges- VOKEY SM9 50,54,59
PUTTER- EVNROLL ER7

[/quote]

Not sure where you got that info that a shaft set that descends in weight (getting lighter in the shorter irons) would be good for MOI matching. It's definitely exactly opposite.

[quote name='Noodler' timestamp='1439416246' post='12125848']
[/quote]

Not sure where you got that info that a shaft set that descends in weight (getting lighter in the shorter irons) would be good for MOI matching. It's definitely exactly opposite.
[/quote]

Thanks, I have been misinformed.

I just got a set of AMT X100 3-PW uncut. Forty inch shaft weighs 113 grams and 36.5 inch shaft weighs 133 grams. That is a little heavier than I expected. I found an interesting thing that the last step in the butt is getting shorter in the longer irons. I don't know the effect of this tweak.

TM SLDR 430 9 Speeder TS 7.2 stiff (no tipping, 44.75 inch, upright setting, D4)
TM M1 430 8,5 Kurokage XT 70 X (no tipping, 44.5 inch, -0.5 lower, D4.5)
TM SLDR fairway 15 Speeder TS 8.2 stiff (0.5 tipping, 42.5 inch, +0.5 higher setting, D3)
TM M1 fairway 15 Kurokage XT 80 X (0.5 tipping, 42.5 inch, standard setting, D3)
TM SLDR hybrid 19 Speeder 9.8 stiff (1 inch tipping, 40.25 inch, standard setting, D3)
TM M1 hybrid 19 Kurokage silver tini 90 TX (no tipping, 40.25 inch, -0.5 lower setting, D3)
Mizuno MP-H4 3 iron DG AMT X100 (39.25 inch 1 degree weak, D3.5)
Mizuno MP-69 5-9 (5 iron 1 degree strong, +0.25 length, DG AMT X100 ss 1x, D3.5)
Vokey SM6 46-08F, 50-08F, 54-08M, 58-08M (+0.25 length, DG AMT X100, D4-D6)
Ping Redwood Anser 34 inch with superstroke slim 2.0 grip (355g head weight, D7 swing weight)

So what would you put in your wedges to complete the set? S400 TI since you need no further weight changes at your shortly shaft length?

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T