Nike golf. post your products.(NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

Kye123

Anyone have first hand experience with a vapor fly 3 wood vs an older covert 3w? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade

I hit the Fly 3 HL all year and I've tried basically every 3 wood Nike has offered since the VR LTD. It's probably the best fwy I've hit when looking at both tee and turf shots. My Oven Covert Tour 3 wood is good off the tee, but it was very hard to hit off the ground. Same for the VR LTD. I don't get to say this often, but the Covert 2.0 3 wood spun too much. I would bomb it 215....straight up. Didn't ever hit the Vapor Flex 3 wood consistently.

Good feedback. Thanks. There's a 3+ avail in the BST for a pretty good price that i'm thinking about...

Has anyone else found the Vapor Pro irons considerably harder to hit consistently vs. other players irons?

I spoke w/ a clubfitter over the weekend, and he told me in fitting over 1,000 people in the last 3 years, he's never fit a single person into the Vapor Pro's.

Lots have hit them, but the sharp leading edge, low bounce, etc. just made them very hard to be consistent with.

I play them, but am starting to think I might be making golf harder than it needs to be by playing these vs. an AP2 or JPX850.

Theres gotta be a reason why Tiger and Rory ditched Vapor pro and went back to VR ii pro blades.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Driver
Nike Covert 2.0 Performance 3/5
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2 Iron
Nike Vapor Pro 4-P
Taylormade ATV Grind 56°/60°
Nike Origin B1-01 putter
Nike Hyperadapt bag

Anyone have first hand experience with a vapor fly 3 wood vs an older covert 3w? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade

I hit the Fly 3 HL all year and I've tried basically every 3 wood Nike has offered since the VR LTD. It's probably the best fwy I've hit when looking at both tee and turf shots. My Oven Covert Tour 3 wood is good off the tee, but it was very hard to hit off the ground. Same for the VR LTD. I don't get to say this often, but the Covert 2.0 3 wood spun too much. I would bomb it 215....straight up. Didn't ever hit the Vapor Flex 3 wood consistently.

Good feedback. Thanks. There's a 3+ avail in the BST for a pretty good price that i'm thinking about...

A buddy of mine had the 3+ and loved it. He struggled for awhile trying to find a 3 wood he could hit....but this one worked for him.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Has anyone else found the Vapor Pro irons considerably harder to hit consistently vs. other players irons?

I spoke w/ a clubfitter over the weekend, and he told me in fitting over 1,000 people in the last 3 years, he's never fit a single person into the Vapor Pro's.

Lots have hit them, but the sharp leading edge, low bounce, etc. just made them very hard to be consistent with.

I play them, but am starting to think I might be making golf harder than it needs to be by playing these vs. an AP2 or JPX850.

I tried the 4 iron compared to the Vapor Pro Combo 4 iron. It wasn't even close, VPC was much easier to hit and get airborne consistently.

I hated them. They felt like you would expect cheap Chinese pot metal to feel.

It's probably the best fwy I've hit when looking at both tee and turf shots.

I agree with shakey about the fly fairways. I had the 2012 covert and it was easy to launch off the ground but wasn't superb off the tee, too much spin. Hated the 2.0 fairways but to be fair it was because mine were dead square faced and that looked like they were 5° closed to me.

The fly fairways reminds me of my original coverts when It comes to ease of hitting off the ground but they spin less so they're longer off the tee as well.

Stupid question time: why do people call the VR pro irons (like Rory and tiger's irons) the VR ii pro or VR II pro?

haha. Sorry about that. Correct me if I am wrong. Just read how they stamped on the irons. I also thought this is second generation of VR blades.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Driver
Nike Covert 2.0 Performance 3/5
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2 Iron
Nike Vapor Pro 4-P
Taylormade ATV Grind 56°/60°
Nike Origin B1-01 putter
Nike Hyperadapt bag

Stupid question time: why do people call the VR pro irons (like Rory and tiger's irons) the VR ii pro or VR II pro?

V R // PRO

FullSizeRender_zps0nf09mup.jpg

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

I don't find them hard to be consistent with them. I play vapor pro 5-pw and vpc 4 iron. I like the irons a lot but if I had to do over again I would of kept my VR pro blades.

Not at all! I play mine 4-Pw and I can easily elevate and hit them. In fact I find them no harder to hit than my fly pros or Vr combos. Only difference is the the blades are a little lower launching and easier to shape than the other two. The thicker soles/combined with the almost negligible offset allow me (a digger) to really go after them and not fear the chunks like traditional butter knife blades.

Think my shoe hoing is coming to an end!

e2317dbb16b061385cb05e1c934dc735.jpg

I see LC2 Pinks. Love em.

Yes Sir! Every once in a while I break out the PINK!

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

Every club has its customers. I play MP5 and Vapor Pro. Now, i wanted to buy a set of GI for the shoulder season. I could have bought any iron, money is no concern for me, and I decided on a VPC set instead of AP2, Srixon 765 or MP25. Because I really like my Vapor Pro.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Those of you that have the Vapor Fly 3 wood... do you have the Tensei or Diamana shaft? It looks like the Tensei may be lower spin? Not sure what would be best for my game. I've got the Diamana stiff on my driver.

Globalgolf has a 3+ in very good condition for

$62.24. Has anyone bought from them?

Those of you that have the Vapor Fly 3 wood... do you have the Tensei or Diamana shaft? It looks like the Tensei may be lower spin? Not sure what would be best for my game. I've got the Diamana stiff on my driver.

Globalgolf is legit, they own 3balls now too so they're essentially the same store, same inventory. Different promos. I've had good luck with them when I have purchased there.

I have a Tensei in my 15 3 wood and it's my favorite club in the bag, really. I would say I hit it more often than any other club next to my putter. That being said Diamana shafts are fantastic, I've had great luck with them in drivers and woods. Personally I think the Tensei is a better fit in a wood, but I would say the Diamana D+ over the S+ would be a good fit for a wood as well.

I liked the Diamana better. The Tensei 65 stock felt weird to me. Prob would have liked the custom Tensei 70 better.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Is there much of a market for used in good condition irons?

Have a set of VPC's (4-P) and covert Forged (5-P) that i want to put up on BST but don't know if there is a market for them.

You won't know until you post a listing.

I'm sure someone wants to grab the sets you mentioned. Especially if it's a good price.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

I'd say it all depends on what you're looking for. The S+ for me as too soft in the mid section and the stock tensei just didn't fit my swing. I put an AD DI 8TX in my 3+ and a Fuji speeder Tour Spec 8.3 in my 3 and they're waaaay better than the stock offerings. So for $65 you're in great shape to find a real shaft.

Have a set of VPC's (4-P) and covert Forged (5-P) that i want to put up on BST but don't know if there is a market for them.

i do not need a second set of vpc. i do not need a second set of vpc. i do not need a second set of vpc.

i do not need a second set of vpc. i do not need a second set of vpc. i do not need a second set of vpc.

neither do I, neither do I!!!