Ping G30 LS Tec Driver

aussiegolferer

[quote name='Whit' timestamp='1435110460' post='11822974']
The store has a 10.5 with blue shaft and 9 with tour shaft and I wanted 10.5 and they are willing to swap shafts. Wondering if swing weight would be all messed up once I put tour 65 in the 10.5 head that was built with the blue shaft from factory?
[/quote]

Don't get antsy; find a retailer with it in stock. Should be a standard purchase. 2-3 days. I saw one at PGASS just yesterday.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mikeymeg11' timestamp='1435153918' post='11825188']
So I've decided to buy the demo save $155 and not wait 6-8 weeks. My question is after reading about swing weights with the different shafts should I worry that the swing weight will be off since they are going to grab the best looking 10.5 head and put a tour 65 stiff shaft in it?
[/quote]

No, you should take it to the course and beat it like a red-headed step kid like the rest of us with that combo. ;)

So I've decided to buy the demo save $155 and not wait 6-8 weeks. My question is after reading about swing weights with the different shafts should I worry that the swing weight will be off since they are going to grab the best looking 10.5 head and put a tour 65 stiff shaft in it?
[/quote] I have the same concern. Someone must no the answer

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2

Hit my G30 LS with the new Tour AD MJ that arrived this morning via UPS on the range - wow this driver really came alive with his shaft. Very tight dispersion...felt like I could really go at it and not hit it left. Was hitting nice mid-high drives and it seemed to hit and run when it landed. Will try to get it on my flightscope tomorrow.

Funny thing has happened to me with my new G30LS 9.9 Tour 65S. Teeing the ball lower has given me a great ball flight and tight dispersion. So much that I went into the Shed and found a bunch of old 2 1/8 inch tees that was in a brown paper bag from years ago. Been using 2 3/4 and 3 1/8 inch tees with the old SLDR. Funny but the 2 1/8 tee is perfect for teeing the ball up about even with the crown. Ball flight is mid to mid high...actually more consistent in launch now. Anyway just thought I'd share since others on this thread have mentioned teeing the ball lower with the LS has produced some good things for them as well.

Bye Bye long tees.

Finnally think I have it all figured out with this new driver after only about a week of range and a few holes. great club.

[quote name='troysmith' timestamp='1435194680' post='11829564']
does this driver help with the lefts that IM getting with the standard G30? Should I try the SFT?
[/quote]Setting?? Didn't mention if you had it closed by lofting up or open by delofting or in standard setting. Anyway could be any combination of things along with swing issues.

[quote name='3woodvt' timestamp='1435196941' post='11829812']Funny thing has happened to me with my new G30LS 9.9 Tour 65S. Teeing the ball lower has given me a great ball flight and tight dispersion. So much that I went into the Shed and found a bunch of old 2 1/8 inch tees that was in a brown paper bag from years ago. Been using 2 3/4 and 3 1/8 inch tees with the old SLDR. Funny but the 2 1/8 tee is perfect for teeing the ball up about even with the crown. Ball flight is mid to mid high...actually more consistent in launch now. Anyway just thought I'd share since others on this thread have mentioned teeing the ball lower with the LS has produced some good things for them as well.

Bye Bye long tees.

Finnally think I have it all figured out with this new driver after only about a week of range and a few holes. great club.[/quote]

At the range tonight, I experienced something similar. For the first one with this driver, I was making solid contact but the ball would launch really high and just fall out of the sky. I always use the longest rubber tee at the range which I assume is 3 1/4.

Will try your suggestion and tee the ball lower.

Picked up the g30 lst tonight. Hitting the course tomorrow and Friday. Can't wait!!!!!!

DriVer- Ping G30 lst 9*
3wood- Cobra amp
hybrid- Ping i20 20*
Irons- Cobra amp cell 4-pw, 2* upright, golf pride mcc+4 midsize
Wedges- 50* Cleveland cg14, 56* titleist sm5 f grind,60* titleist sm5 s grind
Putter- Scotty Cameron notchback
Bag- Sun mountain 4.5

[quote name='troysmith' timestamp='1435194680' post='11829564']
does this driver help with the lefts that IM getting with the standard G30? Should I try the SFT?
[/quote]

The LS is supposed to help produce a left to right ball flight. i tend to lose the ball left and the LS was significantly better for me than the reg. g30

I thought i would share my experience with this club. I have gamed my ls tech with a GD ys7+ 6 rounds now. I usually don't like drivers with big bulky heads but the performance i get out of the g30 is just outstanding. I have 79% fairway hits with this combo, medium height low spinning shots. Extremely forgiving and accurate, great driver!

- Callaway Paradyme TD 9° Kai'li white 60x
- Cobra Radspeed 14,5°, Aldila Tour Blue 85S
- Titleist tsi2 hybrid 20° Tensei AV Raw White 90S

- Ping i210 pw-4 Modus 3 105X
- Cleveland Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°, Modus 3 120S
- Rife Antigua/Odyssey Ten
- Bridgestone Tour BX

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1435193511' post='11829448']
G30ls is essentially the anser with turbulators.
[/quote]

Plus miles more forgiveness.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1435233867' post='11831548']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I found the G30LS to be more forgiving than the Anser as well.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

[/quote]

First, I would doubt strongly that they'll have different head weights. From an industrial design, that wouldn't make sense.

However, if you do want to change the driver's swing weight, you should google something like "ping billy bob" and you'll be all set.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

[quote name='Peanut191' timestamp='1435237995' post='11831874']
[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1435233867' post='11831548']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I found the G30LS to be more forgiving than the Anser as well.
[/quote]
I agree as well. I put the Anser back in play for a round this Saturday to analyze my gamegolf results. The G30 LS makes it easier to hit more fairways and was 10 yards longer for me on solid strikes. The G30 LS is back in the bag for good.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60S
Titleist TSR2 15* w/VA Composites Nemesys 75S
Taylormade Stealth 2 Hybrid 19* w/VA Composites Nemesys 90S
Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM9 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/Project X LZ 6.0
Edel EAS 2.0 Putter
Vice Pro

I recently ordered a Titleist 915 D3 with an Oban Devolution 6 shaft (should arrive next week) but even though it have not played it yet, I am already having buyers remorse. I wonder if I should have taken the G30 LS.

When I tried the G30 LS at the fitter, I was having a bad day as far as my swing (so no consistency to enable a true comparison and the flight scope machine was not working) and the new fitting centre there had bare walls, meaning sound bounced off them easily. Hence, between a bad swing and the echo, I had the feeling that the impact was more of a clang than a thump. Bad description, I know, but I guess I am trying to say that I did not get that effortless feeling of the ball flying off the face.

It is odd, because when I was trying one out in a simulator and NY Golf centre in manhattan before Christmas, it felt pretty good and numbers were good. There, I was able to eliminate the Mizuno driver from consideration but still was eyeing the 915 or G30. I am now considering re-trying the G30 at another fitter who has a simulator as well as access to an outdoor practice facility (going for a TEE fairway wood fitting mainly but thinking of trying another driver, too).

Is it worth the effort to re-try or should I just accept my purchase and forget the G30?

Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree, Oban Devolution 6 (03 stiffness) 65g
TE Exotics CB2 3w 15 degree Proforce V2
Mizuno JPX 825 19 deg Hybrid fujikura s
Ping i20 blue dot, Rifle Project X 5.5
Cleveland RTX 588 56 degree, Rotex 2.0
Ping Anser 2i isopur

[quote name='Sir' timestamp='1435248057' post='11833060']
I have hit this multiple times and LOVE LOVE LOVE it
[/quote]

How do you like it compared to your TEE driver? (I will be testing both the G30 and TEE in a couple weeks)

Ping Anser 2i isopur

[quote name='longoffthetees' timestamp='1435244578' post='11832584']
Love my G30 LS with Veylix Rome shaft.

About 10-12 yds longer than my 915 with Rogue Shaft and a bit more forgiving as well.
[/quote]

I have the same Veylix combo with the G30 and have hit the 915 in the same loft with the Rogue. I didn't find that the G30 was much longer, just more forgiving and lower spin with more fade bias when both are set to the neutral setting.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

[quote name='Hathstauwk' timestamp='1435243919' post='11832520']
I recently ordered a Titleist 915 D3 with an Oban Devolution 6 shaft (should arrive next week) but even though it have not played it yet, I am already having buyers remorse. I wonder if I should have taking the G30 LS.

When I tried the G30 LS at the fitter, I was having a bad day as far as my swing (so no consistency to enable a true comparison and the flight scope machine was not working) and the new fitting centre there had bare walls, meaning sound bounced off them easily. Hence, between a bad swing and the echo, I had the feeling that the impact was more of a clang than a thump. Bad description, I know, but I guess I am trying to say that I did not get that effortless feeling of the ball flying off the face.

It is odd, because when I was trying one out in a simulator and NY Golf centre in manhattan before Christmas, it felt pretty good and numbers were good. There, I was able to eliminate the Mizuno driver from consideration but still was eyeing the 915 or G30. I am not considering re-trying the G30 at another fitter who has a simulator as well as access to an outdoor practice facility (going for a TEE fairway wood fitting mainly but thinking of trying another driver, too).

Is it worth the effort to re-try or should I just accept my purchase and forget the G30?
[/quote]

Only if it's a D4. Otherwise, I'd switch. When you see the real characteristics on outdoor ball flight, you'll see differences. When you hit a bad shot or two and realize how little you're penalized, you'll say "wrap it up; that's my stick".

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1435251452' post='11833438']
I recently ordered a Titleist 915 D3 with an Oban Devolution 6 shaft (should arrive next week) but even though it have not played it yet, I am already having buyers remorse. I wonder if I should have taking the G30 LS.

It is odd, because when I was trying one out in a simulator and NY Golf centre in manhattan before Christmas, it felt pretty good and numbers were good. There, I was able to eliminate the Mizuno driver from consideration but still was eyeing the 915 or G30. I am not considering re-trying the G30 at another fitter who has a simulator as well as access to an outdoor practice facility (going for a TEE fairway wood fitting mainly but thinking of trying another driver, too).

[/quote]

Only if it's a D4. Otherwise, I'd switch. When you see the real characteristics on outdoor ball flight, you'll see differences. When you hit a bad shot or two and realize how little you're penalized, you'll say "wrap it up; that's my stick".
[/quote]

Would it be worth considering switching the Oban shaft over to the Ping or are their stock shafts like the Tour 60/80 good enough, in your opinion?

Ping Anser 2i isopur

... After finally getting most of what I needed from Ping with a 16gm weight but the wrong shaft, I have gotten in two rounds with my 10.5 G30 LS and just don't like it as much as my Fly Z Rogue Silver so I am putting a crazy deal together for someone in the classifieds.

... I have the very rare Legendary Aldila Cinnamon 65x that was butt trimmed but never used. I also have the original (wrong) Ping Distance 59 shaft I will include in case you want to trade it in later AND it has the Ping 16gm weight for a shorter shaft. I have an extra adaptor I can put back on the Ping Distance shaft or include so you can put to on a different shaft.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

[quote name='Hathstauwk' timestamp='1435253515' post='11833650']
[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1435251452' post='11833438']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would it be worth considering switching the Oban shaft over to the Ping or are their stock shafts like the Tour 60/80 good enough, in your opinion?
[/quote]

I would definitely defer the Oban. It's not to say it won't be better, but you should give the stock tour 65 a shot. I think people undervalue that shaft. It's a great head, but the shaft has been the star. It's very stable... not quite Chrome stable, but excellent. It has a little more torque at the end, but it's one that lets go at the very last moment. It's a very satisfying feeling, and I'd take it on head-to-head. If you are a money-no-problem guy, get the Oban pre-tipped. There's no reason to think you won't actually benefit from switching based on how your swing has been lately. I don't expect you to see a lot of performance difference, other than maybe a degree lower ball flight out of the Oban, all things equal. Is the t65 good enough? Absolutely.

Guys do I have a left handed tip on my right handed club? I think I do but take a look at the picture and compare to your righty.

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2