What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

Had a 2 day $100 a man quota this weekend . Par 70 i shot 69-73

Was plus 6 And tied for lead after day one . But the 73 backed me up i finished 3rd Nd won $450.

Over 2 days i made 5 birdies and shud have been n more. My iron play was great but day 2 i cudnt make . Put outside 5 feet.

Have the fall fourball up my club nextt 2 weekends seriously considering trying out cross handed putting. All season the putter hAsbeen bad. I switched d putters in august but that at didn't help.

Shot 72 in a coorperate shaking the whole round from making bad decisions the night before and not sleeping

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

It has been a while, but I finally improved upon my best score from 45 to 44 after blowing a few close rounds. My driving was pretty good today and so was my short game in relation to how I've done in the past. I'm still terrible at putting. I believe I should be able to reduce my putts by 3 or 4 per round. I had one disaster hole where I triple bogied after a short drive, chunked 3 iron, pulled 3 wood behind trees and subsequent shot hit into a bunker. Next up 43.

Shot a 90, only the 2nd time I've ever shot a 90. Never broke 90. Blasted a drive on par 4 18th, leaving me 95 yds out. Chunked a wedge into a bunker, chipped on green, two putted for a 5. Needed a 4 to break 90.

either way, game has come so far this year.

Started at a 28 handicap, now down to 20. Regularly shooting under 100 and closing in on the 80.

Somehow had my best 18 hole round ever yesterday. Work has interfered with golf this year and practice time has been almost nonexistent. It shows as I had not broken 90 all year and seldom broke 45 for 9. Today I somehow walked away with a pair of 41s for an 82. The kicker is the greens were aerated this week yet I ended up with 6 one putts. I knew I had 41 on the front but completely lost track of my score on the back. When I entered the score on the last hole and GolfLogic app showed my the score I almost fell out of the cart. In my head I felt I was playing worse on the back. But somehow I closed really strong on the last 3 holes. Almost had a hole out for eagle on 16. Shot of the round.

80. 35 out 45 in. Needed a 6 on the last hole to break 80, of course I got a 7. Got pair up with a really nice guy also made an eagle so it was a good day.

Titleist TSR2 10 

Titleist 917 F2 5W

Ping 4h 5h

Vega 6-PW
Vega Alcor 50
Titleist SM 8 54
Fourteen RM4 58
Odyssey Eleven Tour Line S 

Switched to a 38 inch counter balanced putter dont know if was begginrs luck but i had my best putting round of the year. Made a bunch of 8/10 footer s and fired a 2 under 68. ( lost my match in 20 holes to one of ths clubs biggest sandbagger s SMH)

Had 4 birdies 1 bogeys and 1 double. Putter felt great. State mid-am this week hope it keeps going.

Didn't pick up a club for almost 2 weeks, it showed on the front. The only fairway I hit on the front was on 9 when I tried to cut the corner with a big draw and hit a straight ball. Fairway was hit but I missed my line by 30y. Still, managed to turn at +1 with 1/7 fairways, a ball in the water and 2 bunkers hit. Scrambled my A off and had a couple really nice approach shots that set up easy birdies. Back 9 was the complete opposite. It is about 3 shots tougher in my opinion, but I hit every fairway and 7/9 greens (both misses were on the fringe). Unfortunately, I couldn't capitalize on many of the birdie opportunities (finally made a putt on 16) and carded an even par 72 (37/35)

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

I just shot my second 44 in a row, but I am disappointed with what happened at the last hole. I sliced my drive. I had maybe a 40 yard short game shot and came up short in the bunker. Then I didn't swing hard enough twice in the bunker. I nearly made the downhill putt from the fringe, but it had a little too much speed. I ended up with a 6. Besides driving a little better, making it on the green with 1 short game shot (ignoring proximity to the hole) has made a difference for me (until this last hole). I did switch putters and putt better today, so that was a positive. I hope to post in this thread again on Saturday.

After a super stressful day at work I figured I'd head out for a quick 9 holes to relieve some stress. As I was pulling the bag out of the car the phone calls from work started.

Had probably 7-8 calls over the first two holes, so needless to say my head wasn't at all in the game. Started off with a double on the opening par 5 (lost ball off the tee due to getting distracted by phone ringing on downswing - nice way to start the round!)

Second hole was still annoyed at all the calls and duffed the tee shot then duffed the hybrid second shot. Figured my round was shot so considered just turning around and going home since there was no way I could focus with the constant calls.

Decided to stick with it though and try the stronger top hand grip I'd seen mentioned in a thread here. Absolutely pured a wedge to 10 feet and two putted for bogey on the toughest hole on the course. Good recovery.

Stuck with that same strong top hand grip and was hitting my irons the purest I've hit them all year.

GIR on 3...three putted for bogey. Two putt par on the par 3 4th, another 3 putt bogey on the next par 4, 3 putt bogey on the tough par 5.

Par on the tough par 3 7th, par on 8, then on the last hole of the night I hit an 8 iron from 155 out to within a foot for an easy tap in birdie finish.

Ended up with a 41. One shot off my best 9 hole score ever, and that was with that lost ball on #1 and three 3 putts. Glad I stuck with it. Too bad my putting was so horrendous else it would have been my first sub-40 round easily.

Once I switched that grip up I hit 7/7 greens in regulation.

Looking forward to heading out and playing a full 18 hole round with that grip. Hopefully with no annoying phone distractions this time.

FWIW, this is the video from the thread I'm referencing regarding the stronger grip:

38 43 for an 81. Not bad for me. 1 putted like 11 holes using my deceased dad's bullseye putter. My new 2017 M2 driver came alive after taking 1 1/2 inches off the top .

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Managed to sneak in a full 18 after work. 2 1/4 hour round walking. Jogged a couple of holes on the back to get done before it got dark.

Anyhoo...44-39 for an 83, beating my best score of the year by 2 strokes. More importantly for me though, breaking 40 for the first time ever!

Driver was off all night, but I was scrambling really well, and fortunately driver isn't needed too often on the back 9 on my home course.

Was sitting at 2 over with 2 to play, so figured I'd probably try to par 17 then bogey 18 since I always struggle on 18. Hit a pop fly drive on 17 that went all of 150 yards :/

Managed to salvage bogey, but now needed par on 18 to break 40.

18 is a sharp dogleg right with a very steep uphill second shot. Typical play is to hit a 210 yard lay up then a 120 but plays 150 uphill approach to the green.

Smoked my tee shot around 215 on the perfect line, leaving me 115 (playing 142) to the stick.

I've always struggled with the approach on 18. For whatever reason the slope always gets in my head.

Anyway, normally I'd hit 9i for that distance, but decided to play safe and hit an easy 8.

Hit it really clean...way past the pin and to the right. Left myself a 60 footer downhill putt on a two-tiered green.

Typical for me. Never hit that green, and when I do, especially in a situation where I need par to break 40, I leave myself that long of a putt.

Anyway, I hit the hail mary and it ends up about 2 feet from the hole. Made the short putt for par and my first sub-40 9 hole stretch in 25 years of playing this silly game.

Victory beer time!

Oh! one thing I forgot to mention. Was running low on golf balls so picked up a 24 back of Wilson Staff Elite 50's because they were cheap.

I've always struggled with holding greens. I'll land in a nice spot, but then see my ball roll out the back.

These things stopped on a dime! One hop and done. Nicest feeling ball I've ever hit other than maybe the Vice pro.

I prefer the Vice, because I wasn't a big fan of the WIlsons off the driver, but for $1 a ball vs $3 or so here in Canada I'll stick with the Wilsons I think. Awesome ball, especially for that price.

+1 37 (only played front 9)

73.4/132/7158

7/8 fairways

4/9 greens

4/5 up and downs

Great par on 9 after a forced layup on a par 4 to 30 yards.

9* TSI3 Tour AD-IZ6x

TS2 3w 15* Tour AD MT-7X

915Hd 2 Hybrid - KBS Prototype 75s 

Srixon 4-P 585/785 Combo KBS Tour V 110s

Vokey 50F/54D/58M TI S400

Putter: Odyssey WHP 7

Yesterday -

d9e68f5ff7957a77e0ae60ec6f959b9d.jpg

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Finished T6th this week 71-72-75. Used the counter balanced putter and even though was good day 1 was pretty bd days 2 and. 3.

Hit it great for the week. 37 out of 42 fairways and. Lot of green s. If the putter was there i could have been in the mix

Impressive driving.

Shot 75 today on a 74.9/131 track here in San Antonio.

Opened up with four bogeys and put my big boy belt on and played the last 14 in one under. Feels good man.

9* TSI3 Tour AD-IZ6x

TS2 3w 15* Tour AD MT-7X

915Hd 2 Hybrid - KBS Prototype 75s 

Srixon 4-P 585/785 Combo KBS Tour V 110s

Vokey 50F/54D/58M TI S400

Putter: Odyssey WHP 7

***Huge asterisk by this one - half the tee boxes were closed for aeration so the course was playing about 5900y (usually around 7000 par 71). All the black tee boxes were closed and there was only 1 open which varied between the yellow/white/blue tees (mostly whites). The course was obviously playing very short and I had wedges into a lot of the par 4s where I normally wouldn't. That being said, I played out of my mind today - 9 birdies & no bogeys for a 62. I hit 11/14 fairways (8/11 with driver) and hit every green in regulation. 28 putts on the day with one being a 2 putt birdie.

I don't really know what to make of it. The whites are rated at 69.5/124 at 6052. It played slightly shorter than that at just over 5900. I made a couple long putts but missed a few short ones too. I had one horrible drive on 5 but almost turned it into a birdie with a great recovery shot. I thinned an 8i on 12 but it ended up just fine (definitely didn't deserve to be there). Other than those 2 shots, I pretty much flushed everything else.

I played the 3 par 5s at 3-under, the 4 par 3s at 2-under and the 13 par 4s at 4-under

1 - Driver/SW to 8 ft, missed the putt

2 - Driver to 24y short of the green, horrible pitch shot, 2 putt from 40 ft

3 - Good 8i to 15 ft, made birdie

4 - 4i/PW to 12 ft, made birdie

5 - Driver way right, great 8i recovery to 6 ft, missed putt

6 - GW to 12 ft, missed putt

7 - Driver/5w/LW to a foot, tap in birdie

8 - Driver/9i to 10 ft, made birdie

9 - 4i/9i to a foot, tap in birdie

10 - Driver/GW to front of green, good 2 putt from 60 ft

11 - Driver/4i to reach in 2, just missed eagle try, tap in birdie

12 - Driver/8i to 25 ft, 2 putt par

13 - 7i to 40 ft, drained a long birdie

14 - Driver/SW to 12 ft, made birdie

15 - 3w/9i to 6 ft, missed

16 - Driver/PW to 15 ft, lipped out

17 - 7i to 20 ft, 2 putt par

18 - Driver/3w/LW to 3 ft, made birdie

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Got to play with my father today. I'm 37 now, he had a club in my hand at about age 3. Playing with him is always a treat and as we've both gotten older I don't mind him "teaching" during the round. I've been really struggling lately as I don't get to play much and for some reason just don't get "the itch" to jump back into golf until late in the season. Anyway, he and I hacked it around together as a twosome and had a great time. Got to hang out in an old barn for about 20 minutes while a storm passed, but other than that it was a perfect day. I shot 81, he shot 85, but that's just the number on the card. We were both being pretty generous as he knows I'm trying to hone some things in my game a little. Had a nice chip-in for birdie and made a a 30-footer to save par and a 10-footer for birdie. Easily the best round of the year on many levels. Just in time for winter. Awesome.

Alright so Monday I shot my best round ever, an 83. 43 front, 40 back. This is my 4th year playing. I go to the driving range today and if you didn’t know me, it would have looked like I never played before. 50 yard slices off the neck of my irons. No idea what is going. Has this ever happened to any of you? Help!