2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Not enough bandwidth to play Counter Strike at the same time. Shame.

I can upgrade to the 150 Mbps plan to cover this.

At least you're honest, Sully.

Sully was the first one to point out that he couldn't shake his weight comfortably after he realized that the "chrome incognito" was wearing a bucket hat and glasses.

"Hello, friends".

It's uncanny.

Friend of mines buddy lost his Masters tickets. He give them to a friend because he had an operation and could not go. Apparently the guy drank a little and acted like an a-hole. Got a letter saying more tickets for you. He got the tickets from his grandfather who got them in the 40,s.

Maybe that is why people behave there.

Friend of mines buddy lost his Masters tickets. He give them to a friend because he had an operation and could not go. Apparently the guy drank a little and acted like an a-hole. Got a letter saying more tickets for you. He got the tickets from his grandfather who got them in the 40,s.

Maybe that is why people behave there.

We live in a hardly-any-consequences for actions time. The Masters keeps it classy, like the Whale's v*****. Make American Great Again! Filter's tour this summer is the 'Make America Hate Again' Tour; how thoughtful. Idiocracy was prophetic.

Seriously, NOBODY has listened to 'One Week In April' by the legendary Mike Stone?

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

snuck out for 18 this am. finished in just under 1:45 hour around NW with a cart. played through 3 groups in a respectful manner. each group were walking and were great about it. everyone knew i was just tearing around the course as fast as i could, and they gave me a chance to keep my pace up.

the good: shot 78. hit some bomb drives. feel like getting my speed back. had 75 in on #9. had 125 in on #10 (both were downwind). ridiculous 2 putt on 16 from the front of the green to a back right pin, and then backed it up by rolling in a 40 footer on 17 for my 3rd birdie of the day.

the bad: i cannot convert a simple up and down to save my life. didn't hit the green from like 20 yards on a standard pitch. turrible. had a 3 putt on 13 to make double, after missing the green from 140. compounding mistakes. hit an angry driver on 14 which sniped left, hit a tree, then came back towards me.

the ugly: i have no idea where the ball is starting or which way it's going to move. missed a green on 12 by 40 yards right. was almost in 11 fairway. the kicker was that it felt so good coming off the face of my 6i, i look up and am just dumbfounded. i still have huge misses that go both ways. can't play a tight course like that. got very lucky by finding my ball -and in playable spots- on #3 (missed left), #4 (missed left, could have gone in the creek), #5 (missed left on the approach), #6 tee ball (bounced over the bunker and almost in tall grass). easily could have been 5-10 shots worse.

northwest is looking good. they're sodding portions around the cartpaths, aerated recently with small punches and the greens are already running quick.

will have a CCCP instructional post up this afternoon. sully's already pre-loaded your best rounds from the grint, but maybe some of you guys played today like me or aren't yet grinty friends with him.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

snuck out for 18 this am. finished in just under 1:45 hour around NW with a cart. played through 3 groups in a respectful manner. each group were walking and were great about it. everyone knew i was just tearing around the course as fast as i could, and they gave me a chance to keep my pace up.

the good: shot 78. hit some bomb drives. feel like getting my speed back. had 75 in on #9. had 125 in on #10 (both were downwind). ridiculous 2 putt on 16 from the front of the green to a back right pin, and then backed it up by rolling in a 40 footer on 17 for my 3rd birdie of the day.

the bad: i cannot convert a simple up and down to save my life. didn't hit the green from like 20 yards on a standard pitch. turrible. had a 3 putt on 13 to make double, after missing the green from 140. compounding mistakes. hit an angry driver on 14 which sniped left, hit a tree, then came back towards me.

the ugly: i have no idea where the ball is starting or which way it's going to move. missed a green on 12 by 40 yards right. was almost in 11 fairway. the kicker was that it felt so good coming off the face of my 6i, i look up and am just dumbfounded. i still have huge misses that go both ways. can't play a tight course like that. got very lucky by finding my ball -and in playable spots- on #3 (missed left), #4 (missed left, could have gone in the creek), #5 (missed left on the approach), #6 tee ball (bounced over the bunker and almost in tall grass). easily could have been 5-10 shots worse.

northwest is looking good. they're sodding portions around the cartpaths, aerated recently with small punches and the greens are already running quick.

will have a CCCP instructional post up this afternoon. sully's already pre-loaded your best rounds from the grint, but maybe some of you guys played today like me or aren't yet grinty friends with him.

Nice round. Good to know conditions are good and greens are rolling well out there so soon after aeration.

Cameron Newport, 34"

Nice round Eagle! You shot a 78 with some "iffy" stuff.. Great round while dealing with the subpar parts.

Can't have everything going good all of time but you played through them! ( I feel like chanting Rocky Rocky after that line)

Try to figure out how to sharpen the "iffy" stuff and imagine what the scores will be then.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Had an ultrasound this morning...

Good news is I am not pregnant, bad news I have a couple muscle tears on my right side. Doc said it looks like I probably tore it pretty good previously (back mid Feb when I had shooting pains for a few days) and it has just been slowly healing since then, but I probably keep tearing it a little when I do things like swing golf clubs (which explains why the pain shows up in some form after a round of golf or driving range session).

Luckily no surgery necessary, just need to stop doing stuff (exercise, golf, picking up kids) and allow for it to heal. Chipping and putting (and possibly even some pitches) should be okay so I guess that will be my focus for now. Going to try full swings again after the Masters.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

thanks tex and PQ. yeah, my score was about as low as i could go tho. really felt higher if that makes sense. got so many good breaks. was very surprised to be in the 70s when i added it up at the end.

very happy i didn't play the tips, as they were all on the tippy tip tee boxes. waaaaaaay back there.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

thanks tex and PQ. yeah, my score was about as low as i could go tho. really felt higher if that makes sense. got so many good breaks. was very surprised to be in the 70s when i added it up at the end.

very happy i didn't play the tips, as they were all on the tippy tip tee boxes. waaaaaaay back there.

That course is the real deal from the tips. The Par 3s are all 220-240.

Cameron Newport, 34"

Ok, so who has a 4k TV and the requisite equipment to watch the Masters in 4k coverage?

Sully.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

i know distance isn't everything, but damn it feels good to hit it far.

i haven't seen these numbers in a long A time. yes, both holes play downhill, and yes, the wind was blowing downwind.

those conditions don't make me smile any less when i see these numbers on nutted drives.

Screen_Shot_2016_03_31_at_1_01_34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_03_31_at_12_59_49_PM.png

i'm sure the bombers in our group would have blown it past me by 30+. don't care. happy. :)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Had an ultrasound this morning...

Good news is I am not pregnant, bad news I have a couple muscle tears on my right side. Doc said it looks like I probably tore it pretty good previously (back mid Feb when I had shooting pains for a few days) and it has just been slowly healing since then, but I probably keep tearing it a little when I do things like swing golf clubs (which explains why the pain shows up in some form after a round of golf or driving range session).

Luckily no surgery necessary, just need to stop doing stuff (exercise, golf, picking up kids) and allow for it to heal. Chipping and putting (and possibly even some pitches) should be okay so I guess that will be my focus for now. Going to try full swings again after the Masters.

Dang man! The more rest the better.

protos F4

Oh Metro, this could get ugly - https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/2016/03/30/fba8ae0a-f688-11e5-9804-537defcc3cf6_story.html

Metro could be shutting down entire lines for up to 6 months.

Just the ammo I need to argue for a second day of telework.

Cameron Newport, 34"

Anyone ever hit a Cure putter?

Yes. Very high MOI! Only messed around with it a tiny bit on a course.

The dude that had it raved about it..

protos F4

Inspired by eagle, I'm also going to head out to Northwest and not play the tips.

wind is tough starting out. 1 played long. 2 played longer. difficult to hold 4 if you go at the flag over the trap, try for the green opening right. 5 was a beast, had 2 hunzy in on that one. 6, same deal as 4, play to the front edge and a bounce up to the stick. it's a tough putt downhill into the wind if you go long. 7 is just long. wind will be coming off the right and into, so kill it at the right edge. 8 is a 3 shotter. pin's up front, try to stay below the hole. i was 3 feet above and 2 feet right, barely touched my putt, and it rolled in with some speed. 9 is a great place to tee it high and let it fly. 10, same deal. 10 pin in a wonky back right location that i rarely see. try to get right of it if possible (uphill putt). 11 is slightly into the wind. it was wet this am, couldn't run it up, so try to fly to pin high. go middle of the green on 12, the wind may push it towards the right flag. if you can get around the corner on 13, it's a simple pin, but don't miss long left. and don't 3 putt after a mediocre pitch. 14 is just straight - straight - straight - make a birdie putt. 15 is fun. if you can get past the pin, it's an uphill right to left putt. huge shoulder there off the bunker. 16 - back right pin, have fun putting. worth it to try to get all the way back there. 17 - hard to hold the green again, so play to the front edge with a bounce up to the flag. 18 - if you're fading it, aim farther left than normal. the wind pushed my ball a ton right. benign pin, but the green was very quick this am.

good luck!

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

blugolf.

do a search for blugolf + <insert course name> and click on "course tour." you can drag the little dots to the appropriate teeboxes and area where you ended up (based on yardage in).

and damn, that's a helluva drive JJ! whooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee

pig-wee-o.gif#pig%20weeeee%20320x237

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

On ShackHouse this week, Shackleford was talking about how incredible the 86 Masters broadcast was. He said he has it on VHS and still watches it. He wishes someone would just release the whole thing.

Also -- and these are the kinds of stories you hear in a rain shelter during an unexpected thunderstorm -- after Jack won that year Kent had an erection for such a long time, he had to go see a doctor.

This is a really asinine question so hopefully no one gets too upset...

But did House sound different this week or was it just me? Now I've heard him on maybe 15-20 podcasts before this and for the first 15 minutes of Ep 2 I thought it was a different guy.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P / Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash