2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

That JJ drive was a blast. I've got mine at 269 on game golf, and I'd say JJ was ~50 yards ahead of it. Carried past me and Domes' balls, and caught some speed slot to boot. 325 is probably about right.

I've got 259 "typical" with a long of 296 through 6 rounds on game golf. Seems right on what I expected.

Decided to play 9 with GG last night only used the 3W off the tee- oddly enough within a few yards of most of my average drives with the driver. Which is not a huge surprise I guess since I've been hitting the driver lousy. But playable drives in the 250-260 range will be just fine. I just have had no control over the driver lately so its not worth it. (edit - drives were 258 FW, 257 FW, 266 X, 258 FW, 252 FW, 239 X).

Not sure how that strategy would fair on a longer setup but its definitely doable at MV where the longest Par 4 is only 440 or so - tips are playing a little over 6500 yards, Par 70. Hoping to give it a shot tomorrow.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P / Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

CCCP Participants: check your email, you should have one from me. if you didn't get one, check your junk mail. if it's not there either, email me. if you don't have my email address, PM me.

here was the final list of players. if you're not on it, and you have proof you requested to be a part of it, let me know. no room for late add ons, but if i messed up, i'll fix that.

SullGolf

jjcopeland

baddomes

eagle1997

FAbb

TheCityGame

StixBmore

vtnerf

GooseHook

jhbangass

tex

gwchem

thechief16

pquarta

JohnnyT

mtn1414

dagoose383

davechen

gregh729

T.i.T

halcyan

ahoop24

2moreTerps

DT15

boogs

puppetmaster

c.freeman

siegel

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

On ShackHouse this week, Shackleford was talking about how incredible the 86 Masters broadcast was. He said he has it on VHS and still watches it. He wishes someone would just release the whole thing.

Also -- and these are the kinds of stories you hear in a rain shelter during an unexpected thunderstorm -- after Jack won that year Kent had an erection for such a long time, he had to go see a doctor.

This is a really asinine question so hopefully no one gets too upset...

But did House sound different this week or was it just me? Now I've heard him on maybe 15-20 podcasts before this and for the first 15 minutes of Ep 2 I thought it was a different guy.

He sounded WAY different. I got confused as to who was talking right at the start.

Thanks to eagle and Sulli for all the CCCP work. You guys don't mess around.

Odd question, anyone need any 10x10 garage doors with tracks?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

www.garagedoorwrx.com/BST

Said it was an odd question..

Do you think I could charge for shipping?

Off to Craigslist, I'll ask DT go with me

protos F4

That JJ drive was a blast. I've got mine at 269 on game golf, and I'd say JJ was ~50 yards ahead of it. Carried past me and Domes' balls, and caught some speed slot to boot. 325 is probably about right.

I've got 259 "typical" with a long of 296 through 6 rounds on game golf. Seems right on what I expected.

Decided to play 9 with GG last night only used the 3W off the tee- oddly enough within a few yards of most of my average drives with the driver. Which is not a huge surprise I guess since I've been hitting the driver lousy. But playable drives in the 250-260 range will be just fine. I just have had no control over the driver lately so its not worth it. (edit - drives were 258 FW, 257 FW, 266 X, 258 FW, 252 FW, 239 X).

Not sure how that strategy would fair on a longer setup but its definitely doable at MV where the longest Par 4 is only 440 or so - tips are playing a little over 6500 yards, Par 70. Hoping to give it a shot tomorrow.

Those are some good pokes with a 3w right there. I just hate thinking about giving up yards off the tee clubbing down, at least when I'm playing longer tracks.

CCCP Participants: check your email, you should have one from me. if you didn't get one, check your junk mail. if it's not there either, email me. if you don't have my email address, PM me.

here was the final list of players. if you're not on it, and you have proof you requested to be a part of it, let me know. no room for late add ons, but if i messed up, i'll fix that.

SullGolf

jjcopeland

baddomes

eagle1997

FAbb

TheCityGame

StixBmore

vtnerf

GooseHook

jhbangass

tex

gwchem

thechief16

pquarta

JohnnyT

mtn1414

dagoose383

davechen

gregh729

T.i.T

halcyan

ahoop24

2moreTerps

DT15

boogs

puppetmaster

c.freeman

siegel

Is this the match play thing, or that capital cup?

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

SullGolf

jjcopeland

baddomes

eagle1997

FAbb

TheCityGame

StixBmore

vtnerf

GooseHook

jhbangass

tex

gwchem

thechief16

pquarta

JohnnyT

mtn1414

dagoose383

davechen

gregh729

T.i.T

halcyan

ahoop24

2moreTerps

DT15

boogs

puppetmaster

c.freeman

siegel

Neither, it's a handicap type of deal. The match play is done through FAbb, and the Capitol Cup is a joint effort between Eagle and FAbb who have amassed their armies from the DC Golf Tour and GolfWRX, respectively.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

SullGolf

jjcopeland

baddomes

eagle1997

FAbb

TheCityGame

StixBmore

vtnerf

GooseHook

jhbangass

tex

gwchem

thechief16

pquarta

JohnnyT

mtn1414

dagoose383

davechen

gregh729

T.i.T

halcyan

ahoop24

2moreTerps

DT15

boogs

puppetmaster

c.freeman

siegel

We (the golfer) put lowest differential handicap score into their database and you get points throughout the year.

Person with the most points win something. However, no money needed because Eagle started it for a friendly competition throughout the year.

protos F4

On ShackHouse this week, Shackleford was talking about how incredible the 86 Masters broadcast was. He said he has it on VHS and still watches it. He wishes someone would just release the whole thing.

Also -- and these are the kinds of stories you hear in a rain shelter during an unexpected thunderstorm -- after Jack won that year Kent had an erection for such a long time, he had to go see a doctor.

This is a really asinine question so hopefully no one gets too upset...

But did House sound different this week or was it just me? Now I've heard him on maybe 15-20 podcasts before this and for the first 15 minutes of Ep 2 I thought it was a different guy.

I just found this DC area thread and was thrilled. I was even more thrilled others noticed this! I had to rewind to the beginning to the intros to see if it was a House fill in. I assume it was because he didnt sound to be on the phone so his voice wasnt distorted? Anyways, glad im not crazy. Or, glad im not the only one who is crazy

I thought House sounded funny, but I upped my pod-speed to 1.3x from 1.2x, AND I figured that he was probably using different recording equipment with the new pod, so I didn't think much of it.

Anyway. . .this might be of interest to a bunch of you. . .there's a podcast called "This is Criminal" that generally has true-crime stories, but sometimes is just tangentially related to crime. This week's episode is called Pappy and it's all about Pappy van Winkle and the secondary market, and some of the crimes that have been associated with it. Pretty good listen. Only about 20 minutes. I think there's 1:30 of commercials at the beginning if you're looking to skip.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I thought House sounded funny, but I upped my pod-speed to 1.3x from 1.2x, AND I figured that he was probably using different recording equipment with the new pod, so I didn't think much of it.

Anyway. . .this might be of interest to a bunch of you. . .there's a podcast called "This is Criminal" that generally has true-crime stories, but sometimes is just tangentially related to crime. This week's episode is called Pappy and it's all about Pappy van Winkle and the secondary market, and some of the crimes that have been associated with it. Pretty good listen. Only about 20 minutes. I think there's 1:30 of commercials at the beginning if you're looking to skip.

Why do you increase the speed of your playback? It seems like that would ruin the "feel" of them. Who wants to rush through a podcast?

For context I listen to podcasts when I drive ... And I drive a lot. Today is Columbia to DC (already here too early) to Dulles to Haymarket back to MD. It helps me relax.

Why do you increase the speed of your playback? It seems like that would ruin the "feel" of them. Who wants to rush through a podcast?

For context I listen to podcasts when I drive ... And I drive a lot. Today is Columbia to DC (already here too early) to Dulles to Haymarket back to MD. It helps me relax.

It's City, no one knows why but we all love him for it.

protos F4

I could listen to Phoebe Judge all day. Dat voice.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Podcasts are information first.

That's like asking me "why read 200 words a minute when you can read 150 words a minute?"

If I listen to a podcast with music (like when "The Gist" talks to Chris Molanphy, or I listen to "Song Exploder") I play at normal speed.

Voices are fine at 1.2 or 1.3, though.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

That's like asking me "why read 200 words a minute when you can read 150 words a minute?"

If I listen to a podcast with music (like when "The Gist" talks to Chris Molanphy, or I listen to "Song Exploder") I play at normal speed.

I think YOUR natural speed is 1.2 or 1.3.

I think YOUR natural speed is 1.2 or 1.3.

Closer to 2.0, IMO.

please let's not get into a pace-of-play debate when it comes to podcasts. the crossover to playing a round of golf is inevitable. and there's enough threads of people arguing about that.

hypocritical sidenote: playing in under 1:45 yesterday was amazing. see ball, hit ball, drive to ball. repeat. no waiting, no overthinking. if it fits your temperament, it's a huge advantage to playing well. i was "rushing" a bit when it came to club selection, rarely pulling out my laser, just taking a look at flag and a yardage marker (made easier by driving a cart). zero PSR. still took my regular approach to putting and getting the read, maybe slightly faster (except when playing through. then i putted really quick. 2 putted them all, lol).

golf became much more of a "reactive" activity. dunno how to apply this newly acquired knowledge during a 5 hour round tho.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

please let's not get into a pace-of-play debate when it comes to podcasts. the crossover to playing a round of golf is inevitable. and there's enough threads of people arguing about that.

hypocritical sidenote: playing in under 1:45 yesterday was amazing. see ball, hit ball, drive to ball. repeat. no waiting, no overthinking. if it fits your temperament, it's a huge advantage to playing well. i was "rushing" a bit when it came to club selection, rarely pulling out my laser, just taking a look at flag and a yardage marker (made easier by driving a cart). zero PSR. still took my regular approach to putting and getting the read, maybe slightly faster (except when playing through. then i putted really quick. 2 putted them all, lol).

golf became much more of a "reactive" activity. dunno how to apply this newly acquired knowledge during a 5 hour round tho.

I got joined by a older guy the other day, planned to just poke around the front 9 with extra shots n such. But Tim was a cruiser, and once we got a hole or 2 in I could tell that's his style of pace. Paid off, think I had 9 greens which I'll take every day, but u really didn't have the time to 2nd guess urself, just grab appropriate club n whack it. Shot unofficial 84, 2 dubs 2 trips and a byrd. I think it really does help, especially higher handi's, when u see ball hit ball find ball hack ball.

Told the organizers I would put the word out since they need some more foursomes. It is a bit of hike to get to, but the course is supposed to be pretty good. 4th Annual Pioneer Tournament - Flighted Scramble. $80 gets you food, drink, golf, cart, prizes, and dinner, while supporting a great cause. Not a bad deal!

Thought I would share in case there was interest. Link to the event and form is about halfway down the page on this site: http://www.blueridgeshadows.com/

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

So, one of my pods is a daily, and very topical, so I try to keep close to "live" as possible. At the same time, on Tuesday and Wednesday I am listening to golf pods as I try and set my Draftkings lineup. I'm not in the car for more than 70 mins total/day, so I often run at 1.5x to keep up or catch up.

Hey, it was nice to meet you on Wednesday. Sorry it was so quick. I stepped out of a meeting to come down and was trying to keep my absence discrete.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

I think the real key is being able to "get in the zone" at any time. Much easier said than done. That's what the PSR is all about. If your PSR hurts your ability to do that, you need a new PSR.

I think the real key is being able to "get in the zone" at any time. Much easier said than done. That's what the PSR is all about. If your PSR hurts your ability to do that, you need a new PSR.

Yessir. That PSR is your way of getting ready to hit a shot, no matter if it's been 30 seconds since your last one or 15 minutes. You take that 20 seconds of time from pulling the club to lining up to seeing it to addressing it to hitting it all the same over and over and over and over. That little bit of time never changes.

I have a self theory, and plan to chart it out. I was thinking yesterday that it was so much more natural playing 6 holes in about 40 minutes.

Pace of play vs. Score. Or maybe differential. I think for me the faster I play, the better I score on average.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX