WWE wrestling thread

MtlJeff

Damn. Sasha bout just killed herself. Nasty looking botch vs Asuka.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ending to the women's match was terribly booked. Very reminiscent of the Reigns rumble where it was him / Show/ Kane at the end and everyone knew who was going to win. Asuka versus two women who are both basically retired? Honestly what the heck were they thinking? Why wouldn't they leave Sasha Banks in there until the end, just have Nikki eliminate Brie before Sasha goes out...

I mean it's not rocket science. There was zero drama the last 5 minutes. Philly went easy on the match because it was the women.....if they had done that in the men's match they would have bood them out of the building

Well the crowd was Philly "smarks" all wanting Asuka to win. Doubt they would of been easy on them if a Bella won.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

That looked prettty bad. Even saw the ref jump down and ask her if she was ok and you could tell she was hurt a little bit but you could read her lips and said she was fine.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

That looked prettty bad. Even saw the ref jump down and ask her if she was ok and you could tell she was hurt a little bit but you could read her lips and said she was fine.

In real time/live it looked like she hurt herself bad but showing it in slow mo didnt look nearly as terrible, like she caught herself before falling on her head and neck

So I know Rhonda is a big name and big time, reportedly been working in the training center for a while. But her stealing the spot light at wrestlemania kinda ticks me off. More NXT talent who has been brought up is getting pushed to the back yet again.

Don't get me wrong I love her and if it was anyone but her I would flip out mad. And I really like she loves some piper. Bring her out in a kilt!

Im wondering when they are finally gonna pull the trigger on Braun. The guy is an animal and he is about the only one, who in my eyes, can beat Lesnar and make it believable. He is getting good pops when he comes out, his promos are exactly what they need to be, and he is a monster. Maybe let Reigns go over Braun at WM and have his WM moment (again) and let him hang on to it til Summerslam. I think Joe, Braun, and Roman could have a good storyline.

I enjoy watching Brock wrestle at the PPVs but think the company is overpaying for what they are getting. The guy literally does nothing but stand, bounce, and smile/laugh as Heyman cuts a promo whenever he is at Raw. I cant believe they havent had him wrestle on Raw other than a couple brawls. So many different things they could do with him whether just some solo match or a tag match. Im just tired of his music hitting, him and Heyman come out, Heyman cuts the same type of promo (even if it is pretty good), and then they leave.

So I know Rhonda is a big name and big time, reportedly been working in the training center for a while. But her stealing the spot light at wrestlemania kinda ticks me off. More NXT talent who has been brought up is getting pushed to the back yet again.

Don't get me wrong I love her and if it was anyone but her I would flip out mad. And I really like she loves some piper. Bring her out in a kilt!

My concern is that she is reportedly very raw. I am sure they'll make her a female Brock, but if her matches stink fans will turn on her pretty quickly.

I think it is a bit telling that in her first appearance she did not say one word or do anything. And they clearly thought she wasn't ready for the rumble

I'm a bit worried she will be terrible in the ring.

Brock works because he has Paul Heyman and only wrestles 7 times a year. Rhonda supposed to be full time. She is more Kurt Angle than Brock. Does she have Angles personality?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

My concern is that she is reportedly very raw. I am sure they'll make her a female Brock, but if her matches stink fans will turn on her pretty quickly.

I think it is a bit telling that in her first appearance she did not say one word or do anything. And they clearly thought she wasn't ready for the rumble

I'm a bit worried she will be terrible in the ring.

Brock works because he has Paul Heyman and only wrestles 7 times a year. Rhonda supposed to be full time. She is more Kurt Angle than Brock. Does she have Angles personality?

Ill be glad to work with her on her wrestling skills...she has to be ok shes a fighter and has an idea of wrestling, just needs to learn to take a bump and I wouldnt have her doing all these hi flying moves and dives thru the ropes for a bit.

She should be ok on remembering a script and delivering one decently since she has acted a bit. I do agree tho that she hasnt been doing this long and prob needs some time. I would have her do a run in beat up on someone a time or two and see how she handles it. But youre right on the if she isnt any good fans will turn on her.

I'll volunteer to be her first victim!

And I totally agree with you about Braun. Not a huge fan of his, he does some cool stuff but not really wrestling and that's what the WWE has become for the champ.

Everyone hates Roman but he's still the best big guy in the ring. I think Brock could be but he just doesn't want to.

And I can't believe how well Braun took that stiff right punch from Brock. It's one thing to accidentally knee someone (if it was an accident) compared to throwing a straight right into someones head.

I was watching WWE Network last night and found Summerslam 2000. My son wanted to see a TLC match and this was the beginning of the Hardy’s, Dudley’s, and Edge and Christian series of TLC matches. Anyways, before that match was a Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit match. Watching them got me thinking about all around best guys I’ve ever seen. Total package. In ring skills...promos...etc.

Who are the best you’ve ever seen? I’ve gotta include Ric Flair. Chris Jericho. Benoit is there. Eddie Guerrero. Shawn Michaels. The Rock. CM Punk is prob there as well. Arn Anderson.

I didn’t go back through so we may have already done this. Thought it might be fun though.

I was watching WWE Network last night and found Summerslam 2000. My son wanted to see a TLC match and this was the beginning of the Hardy’s, Dudley’s, and Edge and Christian series of TLC matches. Anyways, before that match was a Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit match. Watching them got me thinking about all around best guys I’ve ever seen. Total package. In ring skills...promos...etc.

Who are the best you’ve ever seen? I’ve gotta include Ric Flair. Chris Jericho. Benoit is there. Eddie Guerrero. Shawn Michaels. The Rock. CM Punk is prob there as well. Arn Anderson.

I didn’t go back through so we may have already done this. Thought it might be fun though.

Shawn Michaels may be number 1...he was a great wrestler, great talker, and could tell a story with his matches. He could play the babyface or the heel role just as good as anyone.

AJ Styles may be my number 2...his matches are great to watch. He is good enough on the mic with what WWE gives him to work with, but his wrestling ability is so high up I almost dont care if he said anything. He may be the best WRESTLER I have ever seen.

For honorable mentions...Jericho- good wrestler and great on the mic Malenko- loved his WCW stuff 4 horsemen were always fun to watch

I was also a big Scott Hall fan...IMO a good wrestler and great on the mic, the ladder match with Shawn was great

If youre gonna say Flair I would throw Dusty Rhodes in there as well. Those two had great matches and Dusty could move for a bigger guy, he was also great on the mic.

There are some New Japan guys I have read about that are supposed to be as good or better than Styles, I just cant remember their names. I may start watching it a bit more, I have seen some clips on Facebook and it looks rather entertaining.

Shawn Michaels may be number 1...he was a great wrestler, great talker, and could tell a story with his matches. He could play the babyface or the heel role just as good as anyone.

AJ Styles may be my number 2...his matches are great to watch. He is good enough on the mic with what WWE gives him to work with, but his wrestling ability is so high up I almost dont care if he said anything. He may be the best WRESTLER I have ever seen.

For honorable mentions...Jericho- good wrestler and great on the mic Malenko- loved his WCW stuff 4 horsemen were always fun to watch

I was also a big Scott Hall fan...IMO a good wrestler and great on the mic, the ladder match with Shawn was great

If youre gonna say Flair I would throw Dusty Rhodes in there as well. Those two had great matches and Dusty could move for a bigger guy, he was also great on the mic.

There are some New Japan guys I have read about that are supposed to be as good or better than Styles, I just cant remember their names. I may start watching it a bit more, I have seen some clips on Facebook and it looks rather entertaining.

I agree with Shawn and AJ possibly being 1 and 2. Both are/were unbelievable in the ring and out. A true top 5 would tough to name. As for Japan, you’ve got Kenny Omega and Okada I believe just tearing it up. Cody Rhodes is good and Ricochet killed it in Lucha Underground.

So I read that the Almas/Gargano got 5 stars which is the first match in a while in WWE that got 5 stars...I watched that match and thought it was great, I also saw their match at a takeover a while back and it was great. Now, do either of these two have a shot at becoming a star on the main roster? Gargano looks kinda small so I am wondering if he will be pushed to 205 live. NXT has so much talent with Undisputed Era, Almas, Aleister Black, Gargano, AOP, and so on...main roster could look good in a couple years. Especially with the signings of War Machine, Ricochet, and EC3. With all this talent to call up, it would jam the main roster unless you let go of some people or people retire...so now who will be gone? Big show? Kane? Lesnar? Cena? Does AJ have much left?

Guys like Show, Kane and Cena could wrestle until they are 75 and Vince wouldn't let them go. I don't know much about Kane , but Big Show and Cena would never overshadow young talent anyway. Big Show has kind of already started phasing himself out but is really respected backstage

Cena i see having a Chris Jericho type 40-45yr old career. Where he takes 6 months off, comes back and does a program with someone where he makes them look awesome

It's the middle guys that typically get moved out, the Aiden Englishes and Ascensions and Apollo Crews's of the world, because these guys can have better matches and make similar money on the indie scene, like Cody Rhodes for example

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So I read that the Almas/Gargano got 5 stars which is the first match in a while in WWE that got 5 stars...I watched that match and thought it was great, I also saw their match at a takeover a while back and it was great. Now, do either of these two have a shot at becoming a star on the main roster? Gargano looks kinda small so I am wondering if he will be pushed to 205 live. NXT has so much talent with Undisputed Era, Almas, Aleister Black, Gargano, AOP, and so on...main roster could look good in a couple years. Especially with the signings of War Machine, Ricochet, and EC3. With all this talent to call up, it would jam the main roster unless you let go of some people or people retire...so now who will be gone? Big show? Kane? Lesnar? Cena? Does AJ have much left?

I think a lot of their potential will hinge on the booking for the main roster. NXT has shown that their booking is superior to the main roster, but unfortunately Vince still calls the shots for the big guys and he has some... tendencies. We've seen them screw up call-ups like Bayley, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, and, to some extent, Nakamura up until the Rumble. They had great matches at NXT and their careers on the main roster have left much to be desired.

The silver lining is the booking at the Rumble. It was really the ideal fantasy booking for smarks, so some are wondering if Triple H is starting to have a little more control while Vince focuses on the XFL venture. If that were the case, it will be an exciting and refreshing few months to see how guys are booked.

Gargano, Black, Almas, and Adam Cole seem ready for the big stage though. I just hope their talent isn't wasted on poorly built storylines and as another statue for Cena or Reigns to topple.

Roster just seems to have the potential to be STACKED with talent. A lot of guys to call up and then a couple big signings. I am hoping they dont cut Aiden English loose, I really like what he is doing with Rusev. I wouldnt mind seeing them turn in to a tag team similar to The Bar and make a run like they have.

Any clue on how much longer Sheamus is going to be around? I read he has spinal stenosis?? and some saying that will cut his career short.

Also, why is the Miz not defending his IC belt at EC?? I actually cant recall the last time that belt was defended on a PPV.

I still say bring back the TV title and have it defended every Raw/SD episode and PPV. You can use it as kind of a booster for new talent or new pushes. Would be nice to see a title change hands on tv and could give the shows some new programs, introduce new rivalries, or set up future matches.

Rumored...Bobby Lashley coming back soon to feud with Lesnar. Potential for some big matches there.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody watching Elimination Chamber?

I watched it last night and thought it was ok. Everyone knew it was going to be Roman winning but some part of me hoped for Braun. I hate how they did the match though, have Braun eliminate everyone to look real strong then get beat by Roman to make him look better.

Women's Chamber was ok, thought they did some cool stuff. Hardy/Wyatt was ok as well, Bray needs to be off screen and repackage his character, he is stale and boring to me now. Tag match was kinda meh, what was Apollo and Titus doing in there anyways?? Would have rather seen The Revival or Gallows/Anderson.

Rousey was ok as well, though I thought the writers did a terrible job with her promo. She should have come out and said something like "Great to sign my contract in Vegas...think I have armbarred a person or two here" instead of the thankful soft crap.

I think it might have been the most boring ppv in awhile. The women's match was better than the men's. I forgot how long it was before they opened a pod. It seems like it's every 20 mins.

It's gonna be reigns, it always has been and always will be. I don't mind him though he will actually be on tv and defend the belt.

Send lesnar back to UFC to only fight once

Could the rousey signing be anymore scripted? Gosh it was bad I thought. Pumped she hammered hhh though not gonna lie. But it won't be anything for hhh and steph to start her off with a loss at wrestlemania

I think it might have been the most boring ppv in awhile. The women's match was better than the men's. I forgot how long it was before they opened a pod. It seems like it's every 20 mins.

It's gonna be reigns, it always has been and always will be. I don't mind him though he will actually be on tv and defend the belt.

Could the rousey signing be anymore scripted? Gosh it was bad I thought. Pumped she hammered hhh though not gonna lie. But it won't be anything for hhh and steph to start her off with a loss at wrestlemania

I wonder what her schedule is going to be like. I wonder if its going to be sporadic appearances like Brock or will she be on tv more? Will she wrestle on Raw any or just ppv??

I wonder what her schedule is going to be like. I wonder if its going to be sporadic appearances like Brock or will she be on tv more? Will she wrestle on Raw any or just ppv??

I heard it is a full time contract. But who knows at this point.

I'm really excited for Reigns/Lesnar.....honestly looking forward to it more than any singles match maybe in 3-4 years.

Reigns really is a great performer, but more than that i think he has a desire to keep proving himself, especially as a "tough" guy even in real life. I think there's going to be some real stiff shots in this one, because i think Reigns will go all out to prove he deserves it both as a talent, but also showing that he'll lay it out there.

And i think Lesnar will happily oblige to pop him a few times, mostly because this might be the first time in years someone will legit beat him and not have to return the favor later.

I'm really psyched!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Reigns is giving a hell of a promo on Raw.

Also, can i say that the highlight of literally every RAW is watching Alexa Bliss's ring entrance? Can i say that?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Also, can i say that the highlight of literally every RAW is watching Alexa Bliss's ring entrance? Can i say that?

Yes you can.

I loved her interview after EC, the happy crying part to the "gotcha its all about me" part.

Reigns/Lesnar may be a decent match but I am about over the "New John Cena/Face of the Company" part of Reigns. I get it, hes their guy, but cant they come up with a better way than what they are doing? How many WM main events is he gonna get? 4 straight main events? I just didnt like how they let Braun destroy everybody then boop, couple spears, Reigns wins. I thought with Braun, they may go the route with everyone hitting their finisher on him then everyone piles on top of him for the 3 count.

I will say Rollins is on FIRE right now. I have read on the next shakeup he may go to SD and become the face of that Brand and bring AJ to Raw. I hope that if this happens, they do a BC reunion of some sort. Or have Balor and AJ go at it a bunch, they put on a great match last time. Can also do AJ/Joe too.

Also, anyone think Undertaker is coming back for one more against Cena? Kind of led into that last night but then shut it down, I figure it may still happen but it will prob be a retirement match. And what happened to Lesnar last night? Thought there was supposed to be a face off or something, did I miss something?

Yep. I thought Braun was done when everyone kept hitting their finisher on him. Would have been a better way to eliminate him with the pile on.

Not overly excited about the match but I bet Reigns vs Lesnar will end up being good. The match a few years back was solid and went crazy when Rollins came in.