Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Played my first double header (2 rounds) in a while. Walked 18 this morning at Atwood-Homestead (Rockford). Managed to make it through without having a coronary (first time walking a round in a couple years at least). It felt good to walk, and I hope to do lots more of it. Shot a 97 that felt better. Only had 4 pars, but 3 of them were birdie chances (GIR/2 putts)

Afternoon round at PrairieView (had a $11 hot deal). Shot a much better 88, with 7 pars (6 of them GIR/birdie chances).

Had lots of putts that were close today, and probably 6-10 that lipped out that were birdie or par putts. Even though I can't get that low 80s score, I feel like I am getting close to a complete round being put together.

Worked the range this afternoon at the Rustoleum Championship at Ivanhoe. Those Web.com boys can put the ball down range. The caddies and players players were always polite and gracious. Range balls? Bushel baskets full of Pro V1x balls. Not what I observed at the BMW at Conway but better than the driver-head shattering rocks called range balls at the ranges near me. I have six, free, one day passes if anyone is interested. Part of the swag from volunteering. PM me if you are interested. I am not working Friday and I plan to spectate.

Played Big Run yesterday from regular tees ( just shy of 6700 yds.) with 3 buddies. Weather was perfect but my round was awful. In fact all our rounds were terrible.

My drives for the most part were pulled.

Had difficult time finding balls unless they were in fairway. Lost 6 balls total (5 in the rough).

Iron play was not good.

Short game terrible - must have been in 12 traps. Some of the traps actually had good sized rocks in them.

On the notorious 9th hole, carded a 9 - yikes!

Putted okay.

Parred the 16 and 17 and lipped out for a par on 18.

Result was a 102 which was the best score out of the 4some ( we are all mid teen hccpers) Prior to this round, scored mid/high 80s my last 5 rounds. Nothing like Big Run to humble me. My personal best on this course is a 91.

Besides some of the traps, the course was in good condition.

I both love and hate this course and plan to play it again real soon (and hopefully, not get slapped around as hard).

15 hcp

Played Big Run yesterday from regular tees ( just shy of 6700 yds.) with 3 buddies. Weather was perfect but my round was awful. In fact all our rounds were terrible.

Curious, how far do you hit an average drive? 5 iron?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Drives -- about 240

5 iron - low 170s

Just purchased a Ping g25 27 degree hybrid to maybe replace my 5 iron. Gives me higher flight and maybe 5 extra yds. For example, hit the hybrid on the par 3 16th hole (which was playing 175 yds. Landed it about 4 yds beyond the hole on the green (by far my best shot of the day).

15 hcp

I did a Wednesday double dip. Took the day off and played in the AM at Mt. Prospect then drove out to Thunderhawk for a lunch time round.

I still suck, but I think its because I'm in this consistency rut. I would like to play like I was B.C. (before children) but know that I can't play at that level anymore because I don't have the time to practice/play. I think I just need to enjoy it while I'm out there. Its like a weird Catch 22 thing.

Anyways, on to the golf.

First time out at the redone MT Prospect. I enjoyed it. I would need to play it again to really understand how to play some of holes but for the most part the greens and the green complexes are really the only form of defense from just getting ripped apart. I kind of expected some of those greens since I had seen some of the work the architect had done in the past. The course isn't overly long, except for a few of the par 3's but you still get penalized if you can't keep the ball in play. I'll be back out there again before the year comes to an end.

Nooner at Thunderhawk. I could play this course every day. Its in great shape right now too. the last time I played it was late in the season a few years ago and the greens had been pretty beat up. The roosters still crow on 15 of the 18 holes so you know where you are.

I wish I had something to report on golfwise but I don't.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

I did a Wednesday double dip. Took the day off and played in the AM at Mt. Prospect then drove out to Thunderhawk for a lunch time round.

I too did a Wednesday double dip. Was a great day weatherwise for it.

First time out at the redone MT Prospect. I enjoyed it. I would need to play it again to really understand how to play some of holes but for the most part the greens and the green complexes are really the only form of defense from just getting ripped apart. I kind of expected some of those greens since I had seen some of the work the architect had done in the past. The course isn't overly long, except for a few of the par 3's but you still get penalized if you can't keep the ball in play. I'll be back out there again before the year comes to an end.

If you need a partner, hit me up. I quite enjoy the course, though only been 3x or so. I live 10 minutes from the course.

Drives -- about 240

5 iron - low 170s

Just purchased a Ping g25 27 degree hybrid to maybe replace my 5 iron. Gives me higher flight and maybe 5 extra yds. For example, hit the hybrid on the par 3 16th hole (which was playing 175 yds. Landed it about 4 yds beyond the hole on the green (by far my best shot of the day).

I'm roughly the same, and play in the 6200 to 6400 yard range. I can see why it was a rough day out there, especially with the elevation changes. My general rule is 36 * 5 iron distance.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Drives -- about 240

5 iron - low 170s

I'm roughly the same, and play in the 6200 to 6400 yard range. I can see why it was a rough day out there, especially with the elevation changes. My general rule is 36 * 5 iron distance.

The other seeming used equation is driver * 28, which would put him at 6720. Now that said, with the elevation changes, I agree, a shorter tee would be more beneficial to scoring chances.

Drives -- about 240

5 iron - low 170s

That's my comfort zone as well. But I have had bad rounds on 6,000 yd courses and great rounds (for me) on 6600 yarders. My game is like a box of chocolates (Forest Gump)>

15 hcp

Drives -- about 240

5 iron - low 170s

The other seeming used equation is driver * 28, which would put him at 6720. Now that said, with the elevation changes, I agree, a shorter tee would be more beneficial to scoring chances.

I've seen that mentioned, but I think it's too large a multiplier. I believe 25 to 26 is a better number based on distance charts I've seen.

The Trackman averages for PGA pros is 275 carry for driver, and 194 carry for 5 iron. That's a 0.7 ratio, which puts the D/5i multiplier at 36/25.2.

For the LPGA, the average carry is 218 for driver, and 161 for 5 iron, which is a 0.73 ratio.

Stonewall on Friday. Saturday somewhere downstate near Bloomington perhaps...

I was down there Memorial Day weekend. Check out: http://www.golfwrx.c...r-memorial-day/

Looks like we are playing Stone Creek in Urbana or Sandy Pines in DeMotte, IN...

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

I've seen that mentioned, but I think it's too large a multiplier. I believe 25 to 26 is a better number based on distance charts I've seen.

OMG I guess I really do need to play the reds. ;)

Invited to play Mistwood in Romeoville.

Never played the course before but have heard good things.

Nice course overall. It's a lot of target golf and some hitting iron of the tee on a par 4. Personally the course isn't my thing but it's my brothers favorite course. The facilities are top notch.

Hhmmmm, sounds like I might go low leaving the driver in the bag. ;)

Invited to play Mistwood in Romeoville.

Never played the course before but have heard good things.

Nice course overall. It's a lot of target golf and some hitting iron of the tee on a par 4. Personally the course isn't my thing but it's my brothers favorite course. The facilities are top notch.

Hhmmmm, sounds like I might go low leaving the driver in the bag. ;)

Don't do that ?! All par 5s are reachable with calm/right wind conditions. Couple weeks ago I managed to birdie all 4 of them. If I could could, I would have shot under par ?.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Driving past Chick Evans at yesterday 4pm there were no cars in the parking lot. The sun just broke through the clouds so I said "what the hell." The good: I paid $12 and walked 18 in 2hrs and played well, but CE is really easy. The bad: mosquitos and power lines. On a few holes, great shots get knocked down by them. The only other person I saw was wearing black t-shirt with sleeves cut off, tear away sweat pants and an old school blue tooth in his ear.

I have played so little golf this year it's ridiculous. I got out to Willow Crest yesterday and had my best round of the 4 I've played so far. Course was in decent shape, greens look like they might have been top dressed that morning but they rolled pretty good. My putting woes still are there but I hit the ball so wall green to tee that I managed a 74. Since I'm no longer with my wife after the whirlwind last 2 months I'll at the very least have a lot more time to get some golf action in.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Heading out to Glencoe late this afternoon, weather looks amazing.

Haven't decided on tomorrow or Sunday yet, gonna play it be ear for tomorrow because of the forecast.

Tomorrow morning looks decent. The rain is forecast to start at 2 pm.

OK, so why haven't I heard of Fox Run in Elk Grove Village? Anyone play this before?

Heading out to Glencoe late this afternoon, weather looks amazing.

Haven't decided on tomorrow or Sunday yet, gonna play it be ear for tomorrow because of the forecast.

Tomorrow morning looks decent. The rain is forecast to start at 2 pm.

Damn I'd rather have the opposite of that cause I like to go in to the office for a few hours in the morning and then head out for some golf. Gonna be tough to motivate myself to pull off the reverse of that.