2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

played Wilmette yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Great renovation by Greg Martin

walked 18 it in 4 hours starting just before 3 pm

nice green complexes and good looking holes

I think yesterday's pin positions must have been inspired by the US open

fortunately the greens weren't that fast so putting was manageable

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

played Wilmette yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Great renovation by Greg Martin

walked 18 it in 4 hours starting just before 3 pm

nice green complexes and good looking holes

I think yesterday's pin positions must have been inspired by the US open

fortunately the greens weren't that fast so putting was manageable

'Glad you enjoyed it. Wilmette is a nice, walking friendly course. Any highlights, or was it fairways and greens all day?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Played from the golds

Getting up and down from behind the 18th green collection area to a front pin was a nice cherry on my best scoring round in a while (sunk a 20 footer to make that happen)

Not all fairways and greens

Happy to par the last 4 holes on the back to a 4 over 39

Parring 9 after a lost ball to the right right on drive on this tough driving hole

Watchful ranger showed up quickly after a twosome jumped in front of us from nowhere on hole 10

The three adjacent short par 4's at the north end of the course, 5. 14 and 15 are real gems. 5 and 14's pins ere tucked back right behind the bunker.

Someone set a net course record of 61 from the golf tees, and it wasn't me

This is a great course which is pretty straightforward but has some charm in its required strategy off the tee and for its approach shots

Looking forward to playing it again

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Played Steeple Chase yesterday (44 bucks on GolfNow), love that course and it was in good shape. We had a threesome and a single joined. We finished in 4:15.

Trying to decide if I want to play extra early tomorrow somewhere before I head out with the family. I typically like to avoid playing on Father's Day though.

Walked Foxford Hills. Course is in great shape and the greens were quick but holding.

Never been a fan of the management. Booked it online for $59 and they tried to charge $79. Showed the confirmation and the website and was still rebuffed. Asked for the GM and he conceded with the facts.

Pace for the first 8 holes was awesome, and then someone dropped an anchor. Still, a great walk and ideal conditions.

Pace for the first 8 holes was awesome, and then someone dropped an anchor. Still, a great walk and ideal conditions.

Iirc, same thing happened last time, only you were incorrectly blamed for it. :lol: At least you didn't nearly die this time.

Got out to the Meijer LPGA event in Grand Rapids this afternoon. Nice event, they had an awesome food tent with tons of local restaurants and breweries with free samples. Awesome.

And Belen Mozo is really good looking.

A friend just informed me that there is a 50min delay on the 1st tee at Indian Boundary. As much as I'd want to play this weekend, I'm going to avoid it being Father's Day weekend.

Ugh. No surprise there. I limit my rounds at IB to early spring and late fall or early winter. During the summer, it's not uncommon to be running behind a few hours after the first few groups head out.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

First visit to Fresh Meadow today. I won't say I was pleasantly surprised, but it's not a goat track per se. Half hour delay teeing off, and an unsurprising 5 hour round. I didn't really expect anything else. The course was in reasonable shape, but certainly won't win any awards. The greens rolled nice, but were slow, and were pot marked with numerous ball marks. The course played longer than the scorecard would suggest. I guess 5 par 3's and 3 very short par 5's means very long par 4's. 'Can't recall the last time I played a course with 4 par 4's over 430 yards. 'No wonder the course is so slow. Still, I generally liked the layout. It was fairly wide open, although the greens were quite small for the length. 'Not a terrible course for the odd round during off peak seasons when you want to simply get out and hit the ball. I didn't get to the range, but it looked nice.

Played Broken Arrow Thursday, the afternoon rates can't be beat. Course was in pretty decent shapes, greens were slow but rolled well and the pace of play was perfect at 3 hours.

Carillon yesterday was good fun with my Dad. The greens were a bit brutal and bumpy but otherwise the course was in acceptable shape. The pace of play was awful at almost 6 hours but it was time spent with my Dad so it was hard to want to end it all that quickly.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

I played Cantigny (Lakeside/Hillside) for the first time in 8 years this morning. It doesn't appear that there have been any significant changes to the course. The course was in very nice shape. The greens were smooth, but were slower than I was expecting. 'Mind you, they weren't slow, just not as fast as one would expect from a high end course. The pace was a tad slow at 4:30, but for a Father's Day, it was not unexpected.

I had what I would consider my most "boring" round of the year. Lol. 18 pars. I drove the ball well, hitting 11 fairways, which lead to a very nice 13 greens. My short game was on today, as I converted 5 for 5 scrambles. 'Still, walked away a bit disappointed. I seemed to sink the mid range putts to save par, but I didn't make a single birdie putt at the same range. Having been away from the course for a while, I played a fairly conservative strategy, so I was basically firing for the middle of the green and giving myself easy two putts.

Overall, a very pleasant day on the course.

I got three really fun rounds in last weekend while celebrating my sisters 21st birthday in Vegas so this week has been quiet until today. Had two rounds of 73 and a relatively poor 80, so I was looking forward to playing something familiar back home. Played Prairie Bluff this afternoon with my Dad and Brother and I was a birdie machine on the front carding a 32 while hitting every fairway and firing at the pins... And than the wheels fell off... My driver decided it was done for the day as on both 10 and 11 I hit two consecutive drives OB off the tee before hitting hybrid dead center for my 5th, somehow I was able the only triple each. The 12th was more of the same as I hit a huge push fade OB but learned my lesson and went hybrid for my 3rd and came away with a double. Driver stayed in the bag from there but the damage was done and I came in with 50, OUCH!

Prairie Bluff was in nice shape and the round wasn't super slow for Fathers Day, but I swear I repaired 4-5 pitch marks on each green.

Has anyone played White Deer Run yet this year?

Played there this morning, course was in good shape, green were rolling fast. Only issue was a lot of the bunkers were muddy and full of pebbles/ rocks.

I dunno what's going on this year but the bunkers at most of the courses are more awful than usual. Last week I played Sanctuary, Broken Arrow and Carillon and the couple sand traps I ended up in could hardly be called that. If courses aren't going to maintain them and keep at least a little bit of sand in them then I'm a big fan of them being taken out or just converted to some sort of grass bunker. It's ridiculous paying what some of these courses charge and having more rocks/gravel to work with than sand.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Indian Lakes on Saturday. Course is about as mediocre as they come, but when paying for 2 it gets the job done. Greens were very slow. Pace of play was joke. They have 3 nines there and they sent us out at 3:15 as a 2some behind 2 foursomes. The foursome in front of us quickly fell a hole behind the group in front of them. Finally on the 9th I skipped ahead to pass them, we were supposed to go to Woodlands, but I noticed there was no one on Highlands so went there instead. Not a single person on that course so we finished the back in no time. Glad I made the decision to skip what the clubhouse told me or else I might still be out there.

Game is firmly in the shitter. Gone from hitting 60-70% fairways to 20% in the span of 2 weeks. Also, haven't had a putting day under 37 putts in a couple weeks. gone from a par-bogey golfer to a bogey-par golfer over night. Getting so frustrated and upset that I decided to spend yesterday's beautiful day at home on the couch watching tv.

Has anyone played White Deer Run yet this year?

Played there this morning, course was in good shape, green were rolling fast. Only issue was a lot of the bunkers were muddy and full of pebbles/ rocks.

I dunno what's going on this year but the bunkers at most of the courses are more awful than usual. Last week I played Sanctuary, Broken Arrow and Carillon and the couple sand traps I ended up in could hardly be called that. If courses aren't going to maintain them and keep at least a little bit of sand in them then I'm a big fan of them being taken out or just converted to some sort of grass bunker. It's ridiculous paying what some of these courses charge and having more rocks/gravel to work with than sand.

We've been complaining about bunkers for years, and they continue to get worse. Obviously an inexpensive muni, but Fresh Meadow's bunkers were basically dirt, and not very much of it.

I took this pic of a bunker at Longwood two weeks back. Not only is it filled with rocks, but the locals don't seem to know how to pick up a rake. Dreadful.

20160612_083542s.jpg

going to be playing bolingbrook gc tomorrow afternoon. i have only played there once and i haven't played golf or hit golf balls in alittle over a week so it should be fun. don't know if im feeling playing the tips or not

As you probably remember, Bolingbrook has a great range and balls are included. unless the wind is at your I don't think the tips add that much there because you get so much roll out on the fairways there. The course was in great shape when I played a week and a half ago.

Walked Foxford Hills. Course is in great shape and the greens were quick but holding.

Never been a fan of the management. Booked it online for $59 and they tried to charge $79. Showed the confirmation and the website and was still rebuffed. Asked for the GM and he conceded with the facts.

Foxford is a really fun track with lots of variety between woodland and prairie holes...but you're always bound to find a slow group out there.

The range is cut into the trees and has lots of elevation, not just a flat chunk of land like other ranges in the area.

Chalet Hills is another nice track not far from Foxford Hills. The course has gone through some management changes as of late and the bunkers have been less that stellar, but the design is a lot of fun with 9 and 18 finishing around the same pond.

1057 at Mt Prospect with one opening (though late notice) if anyone around wants to join.

I'm jealous. I went out to grab lunch, and it's a near perfect day out there. Hit em straight.

going to be playing bolingbrook gc tomorrow afternoon. i have only played there once and i haven't played golf or hit golf balls in alittle over a week so it should be fun. don't know if im feeling playing the tips or not

As you probably remember, Bolingbrook has a great range and balls are included. unless the wind is at your I don't think the tips add that much there because you get so much roll out on the fairways there. The course was in great shape when I played a week and a half ago.

ended up playing the blues since i felt like i wasn't hitting my driver as long as i normally do. fairways didn't have much roll in them and the greens were alittle slow for my liking. course was in good shape though

1057 at Mt Prospect with one opening (though late notice) if anyone around wants to join.

I'm jealous. I went out to grab lunch, and it's a near perfect day out there. Hit em straight.

Meh day. Short game, mostly chipping let me down, though my streak of missed birdie putts continues. I had 3 or 4 birdie putts that just couldn't drop. Just missing edges, coming up just short, etc.

Shot a 91, which I am not completely upset with, but figure I could have shot better.

And yes, a great day, just a tad breezy at times.