2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Carla, "How would a beer feel?"

Norm, "Pretty scared if it knew I was around."

"Women, you can't live with them... pass the beer nuts."

Norm: "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear".

Cliff: "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine; which is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

... Played Carillon today with my son and 2 of his friends. One is a beginner taking the max score of double par then picking up as my team mate and the other has shot exactly 100 twice but can't seem to get to 99. So we are betting $20 a man and after going 1 over on the front I am 4 under on the back with 4 birdies and no bogies heading to 18 after lipping out another birdie on 17. Pull my tee shot on 18 just a hair and hit the side of the slope and ... in the water it goes. No guts no glory I guess. But at 64 I am gonna take my shot as long as I can get it out there far enough to try. Have to drop with the ball about level with my chest and can only wedge to 110 and pull that a hair too leaving me a 15 footer to save par that I missed. My son shot a 97 but had a 40 ft eagle putt on that last hole that he didn't make but hit his 6 footer for a birdie and my bogie gave us a TIE! Course was in really good shape and the greens just as good rolling at a medium speed. Crazy fun day.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Well, you know what's right down the street from WE's don't ya? PoleKatz baby!

Raise your hand if you're surprised by this???

Didn't think so.

When he walks in it's like Norm going into Cheers.

Never got THAT bad but I've made the world a better place by helping to fund some college educations. :)

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Muira 302 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Didn't think so.

Never got THAT bad but I've made the world a better place by helping to fund some college educations. :)

And that my friend shows the true American that you are. Graciously helping the youth of America earn an education...one dollar at a time.

Didn't think so.

They always tell me they're in med school.

Didn't think so.

They always tell me they're in med school.

JMoney always says he's a doctor.

Coyote Run tomorrow morning. With the short work week, I didn't get around to booking until late yesterday. Wow, it was hard to find an opening at a reasonable time. Between the permanent tee times, and the courses that don't allow singles to book online, it was slim pickings. Also, it appears that the TeeItUp booking engine, which is used by many courses, is experience a glitch, and is showing openings that are actually booked.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I received an email from Harborside with an update regarding their bunker renovation program:

Progress to date: As of July 1, we have successfully finished phase two of three. We have fully renovated 22 holes (Port 1-9, Starboard 1, 7-17) with 14 holes to be completed in phase three. On the renovated holes, we have installed Better Billy Bunker technology along with new sand to ensure proper drainage and consistent playability. You may notice some soft sand on these holes for the next few months as the sand settles and gets compacted. We have also strategically removed a number of bunkers and either re-sodded or re-seeded those areas for better playability.

Project Timeline: There will be no more construction on the golf course until after Labor Day. The project will be completed by the end of the year.

Big Run tomorrow morning. Paying max rate I think, but hey, it's Saturday morning, weather should be perfect and it's Big Run. And I noticed that Metal Monkey Brewing is right down the street, so post round refreshments there.

My buddy Dan owns Metal Monkey. Not sure if he's working the taps tomorrow but he has long red curly hair, can't miss him. Get some Funky Mucker!

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

I received an email from Harborside with an update regarding their bunker renovation program:

Progress to date: As of July 1, we have successfully finished phase two of three. We have fully renovated 22 holes (Port 1-9, Starboard 1, 7-17) with 14 holes to be completed in phase three. On the renovated holes, we have installed Better Billy Bunker technology along with new sand to ensure proper drainage and consistent playability. You may notice some soft sand on these holes for the next few months as the sand settles and gets compacted. We have also strategically removed a number of bunkers and either re-sodded or re-seeded those areas for better playability.

Project Timeline: There will be no more construction on the golf course until after Labor Day. The project will be completed by the end of the year.

Played port a couple of saturdays ago and the bunkers on the front 9 are amazing, yeah they are brand new but the course should be superb when they finish.

Played port a couple of saturdays ago and the bunkers on the front 9 are amazing, yeah they are brand new but the course should be superb when they finish.

They still have to address the drainage issue. There are still way to many soggy spots on the course. Days after a moderate rain they're still cart path only.

Didn't think so.

And that my friend shows the true American that you are. Graciously helping the youth of America earn an education...one dollar at a time.

One dolla holla G...

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Muira 302 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Big Run tomorrow morning. Paying max rate I think, but hey, it's Saturday morning, weather should be perfect and it's Big Run. And I noticed that Metal Monkey Brewing is right down the street, so post round refreshments there.

My buddy Dan owns Metal Monkey. Not sure if he's working the taps tomorrow but he has long red curly hair, can't miss him. Get some Funky Mucker!

I'll try some. I'm golfing with my brother-in-law who is an investor, I believe. I'm sure he will know Dan. If I see him, I'll say MountainKing sent us! ;)

Cinder Ridge and Heritage Bluffs tomorrow. I'm ready for a death march at HB.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Didn't think so.

One dolla holla G...

When we played the other day and you talked about Faith, Hope and Charity I didn't realize you were talking about the girls from PK's.

Cinder Ridge is a tougher walk than Heritage.

I've walked both and, while Cinder Ridge is a bit more difficult, I'm not worried about either one after dealing with Southern Wisconsin all week. What concerns me is the pace, especially at HB.

Piretti Cottonwood II

Played Cinder Ridge today. Course is in real good condition and greens were rolling great. However, I shot my worst round of the year - a whoppy 110 . Couple of months back shot a 82. That's golf !

Lost 10 balls today. If you find any e6s, probably mine. It seemed almost every shot to the green was hitting into a right to left wind and boy did I ride the wind way left of the green.

15 hcp

I'll try some. I'm golfing with my brother-in-law who is an investor, I believe. I'm sure he will know Dan. If I see him, I'll say MountainKing sent us! ;)

I'm guessing Brett and Rachel are serving tomorrow. What's your brothers name? I've met most of the investors. There's a beer in there named after me but I don't believe it's being served right now.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Playing Harborside Port Sunday morning. Surprisingly, I've not played either course, yet. We have 7 foursomes (don't ask?). First tee time at 6:30 - I'm out in the 4th group. Anything around 4:30 will be a huge success.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

'Nice round at Coyote Run this morning. The course is in nice shape. The weather today was near perfect, no? It's nice to have a bit of low humidity after the past week.

Solid round. 11 fairways, 13 greens, and 3 birdies.

Harborside Starboard tomorrow morning, and then I pack my bags for my dream golf vacation starting next Saturday. 10 rounds in San Francisco and Monterey, including Pebble Beach. If all goes as planned, PB will be my 400th course played.

Bear and I had two really solid rounds today at Cinder Ridge and Heritage Bluffs. They added up to 14 miles of walking (thanks, suburban mom pedometer) but only a few holes had significant elevation change. I was a stupid ground ball three wood away from shooting even par at Cinder Ridge but I can't complain too much about a 73. I only had one birdie (on the second hole) but had all pars on the back nine. The greens at Cinder Ridge weren't fast but they were decent. However, they overwatered the fairways so neither one of us got much roll. Putting my Vokeys back in the bag was a good idea. The T5's are great around the greens but full wedge shots were a bit too inconsistent. That wasn't the case at all with my SM5's. It might be time to change back full time. Oh, Bear found an E6 on the 17th hole. It looked like it had been recently lost.

Heritage Bluffs was in pretty good shape from tee to green. The bunkers have lost a noticeable amount of sand in them and the rough was kind of burnt out in a few spots but the fairways were green and they were fairly firm and overall I think it's held up alright over this season. The greens, on the other hand, were covered in ball marks. They were rolling at about the same speed as Cinder Ridge (around 8), but no one else was fixing their marks and there were some absolute craters out there. I'm not sure if that's on the course, the clientele, or both. My guess is both. I finished with a 75 but lost my driver pretty early in the round. I can hit fairway woods off the tee just fine so it wasn't an issue, but it was a little disconcerting that I've had to hit three and five wood for two of my last three rounds. 63 rounds in the books so far this year.

Piretti Cottonwood II

... I don't know why ball marks have become epidemic. Played Naperbrook today because it is $20 and it was in surprisingly good shape with the exception of the greens that are rolling nice but look like people blew up 20 or 30 firecrackers on every one of them. I seem to fix 2 or 3 deep ball marks on every green looking like they came from someone that should know better, but it is still just a drop in the bucket as I can't walk around and fix another 27 shallow ball marks, some that have been there at least two days.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Bear and I had two really solid rounds today at Cinder Ridge and Heritage Bluffs. They added up to 14 miles of walking (thanks, suburban mom pedometer) but only a few holes had significant elevation change. I was a stupid ground ball three wood away from shooting even par at Cinder Ridge but I can't complain too much about a 73. I only had one birdie (on the second hole) but had all pars on the back nine. The greens at Cinder Ridge weren't fast but they were decent. However, they overwatered the fairways so neither one of us got much roll. Putting my Vokeys back in the bag was a good idea. The T5's are great around the greens but full wedge shots were a bit too inconsistent. That wasn't the case at all with my SM5's. It might be time to change back full time. Oh, Bear found an E6 on the 17th hole. It looked like it had been recently lost.

Heritage Bluffs was in pretty good shape from tee to green. The bunkers have lost a noticeable amount of sand in them and the rough was kind of burnt out in a few spots but the fairways were green and they were fairly firm and overall I think it's held up alright over this season. The greens, on the other hand, were covered in ball marks. They were rolling at about the same speed as Cinder Ridge (around 8), but no one else was fixing their marks and there were some absolute craters out there. I'm not sure if that's on the course, the clientele, or both. My guess is both. I finished with a 75 but lost my driver pretty early in the round. I can hit fairway woods off the tee just fine so it wasn't an issue, but it was a little disconcerting that I've had to hit three and five wood for two of my last three rounds. 63 rounds in the books so far this year.

That found e6 - was it along the right fence line? Could not see where I hit my drive (it was hit so so solidly :taunt: but figured it might be frontage road)..

15 hcp