Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

I'm not purposely trying, but at the same time, I'm curious.

'Sounds good. I'm on a quest to play all public courses worth playing. At this point, I try to add 5 to 10 new courses a season. 'Still a ways to go, but getting closer.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I'd say save the time and money and be selective. There's some great courses out there, and some not so great ones. And then there's Tanna Farms...

FWIW I like Glendale Lakes if it's in good shape, which it's usually not. If the wind is up that front 9 can be a challenge.

He's just beginning Arg. Buddah you need to get to 75 different course in a year to get to legendary status...

Lol. Is 125+ considered Batsh*t Crazy?

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I'd say save the time and money and be selective. There's some great courses out there, and some not so great ones. And then there's Tanna Farms...

FWIW I like Glendale Lakes if it's in good shape, which it's usually not. If the wind is up that front 9 can be a challenge.

I don't know. I've played a ton of courses, and I've usually found something good. Can't really judge a course unless you've played it.

Now, whether they merit a return trip is another thing. There are a lot of reasonable courses that don't merit a return simply because of the travel distance. This includes a lot of munis. For example, I played Buffalo Grove for the first time last year. 'Decent course. If I lived nearby, I'd probably play it regularly. However, I'm not going to make a trip up there to play it when there are better courses in the area.

He's just beginning Arg. Buddah you need to get to 75 different course in a year to get to legendary status...

I'm lucky to hit 50 rounds a year, let alone to different courses.

I would say at least half of what my rounds are, are hot deals found on golfnow. Last year, I hit blackstone for like $18. I don't want to go to a dump, and don't care to, so I do try to avoid them, though I am sure I will, and will continue to hit some.

Come on V...just because you shot 74 instead of 72 you don't like TF???

If any of you guys ever get out to my neck of the woods here are a few for you to try in northern IL.

http://www.lostnationgolf.com/

http://www.silverridgegolf.com/

http://www.timbercreekdixon.com/

http://www.prairieviewgolf.com/

I have got to get my butt out to TPC Deer Run in Silvis soon, as it's been a few years since my last visit. A round at one of these courses would be a good way to break up the drive.

Oh, sorry I was too busy calculating the distance needed for my tee shot to hit my forced layup approach from 180.

Quite awkward when you tee up on the small back tee on the 1st at Tanna Farms only to be told it's the practice putting green.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

If any of you guys ever get out to my neck of the woods here are a few for you to try in northern IL.

I have hit 3 of those 4, not going to Timber Creek. Lost Nation was okay, but kind of boring to me. Doubt I go back. I love PrairieView though. Don't remember much about Silver Creek, but I don't remember hating it, so that is good.

Quite awkward when you tee up on the small back tee on the 1st at Tanna Farms only to be told it's the practice putting green.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that you CHOSE to play there. There is this wonderful thing called the interweb where you can look at the courses, amenities, etc. and then decide if you want to play there.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that you CHOSE to play there. There is this wonderful thing called the interweb where you can look at the courses, amenities, etc. and then decide if you want to play there.

I trust your judgment Exalted One.

[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

I have hit 3 of those 4, not going to Timber Creek. Lost Nation was okay, but kind of boring to me. Doubt I go back. I love PrairieView though. Don't remember much about Silver Creek, but I don't remember hating it, so that is good.

They are listed by my preference also. Lost Nation is a pretty course just maybe a little boring as you say. It has a sand based soil so it's open later in the year than anywhere else around and opens earlier in the spring also. I've played there several times this winter when no one else was open. I agree on Prairieview as it is also my favorite. Silver Ridge has some nice elevation changes as it plays from the bluffs over the Rock River down to the river level and back up several times.Timber Creek is the former Dixon Country Club and is only 2 miles from my house. I may be a little biased as that where I have a membership and play most of my golf.

Oh, sorry I was too busy calculating the distance needed for my tee shot to hit my forced layup approach from 180.

You must be confusing it with half of Settler's Hill or Orchard Valley.

WITB 2/3/16:
Driver - Golf club
3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
Irons - More Golf clubs
Wedges - Knives
Putter - wrench

To live im looking around Schaumburg, Istasca, Palantine. I'm willing to drive tho 30-40 minutes if it gets me to a better facility

Any one have any membership info for Chicago courses in northwest suburbs? Moving there in a month and looking to get to a good golf membership either a good public course or cheaper private junior membership. Not looking for to big of initiation. Any info is helpful. Thanks!

Which town?

Itasca CC has pretty affordable memberships and the course is normally in pretty good shape, I was a member there for a year. If you are looking for the best deal (one which I've been doing the past 3 years), is Indian Lakes' Range Pass. Free range, Free golf walking after 3/4pm everyday. I think its $800, fwiw its a pretty good deal if you're a walker. I know the course isn't in great condition, but the layout is great. Hilldale also offers memberships, atleast they used to. That might also be an option.

Ping I25 9.5* Whiteboard 73x
TM V-Steel 15* Blueboard 83x
Ping G20 18* Blueboard 83x
TM Rescue 11 4H VS Proto 95x
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-PW PX 6.0
Vokey SM2 52.08/58.12 :: Odyssey V-line

To live im looking around Schaumburg, Istasca, Palantine. I'm willing to drive tho 30-40 minutes if it gets me to a better facility

Any one have any membership info for Chicago courses in northwest suburbs? Moving there in a month and looking to get to a good golf membership either a good public course or cheaper private junior membership. Not looking for to big of initiation. Any info is helpful. Thanks!

Which town?

Itasca CC has pretty affordable memberships and the course is normally in pretty good shape, I was a member there for a year. If you are looking for the best deal (one which I've been doing the past 3 years), is Indian Lakes' Range Pass. Free range, Free golf walking after 3/4pm everyday. I think its $800, fwiw its a pretty good deal if you're a walker. I know the course isn't in great condition, but the layout is great. Hilldale also offers memberships, atleast they used to. That might also be an option.

I've found that Indian Lakes' condition has slowly improved over the years. It'll never be a 5 star resort, but it's more than adequate, especially for a twilight round.

Which town?

I've found that Indian Lakes' condition has slowly improved over the years. It'll never be a 5 star resort, but it's more than adequate, especially for a twilight round.

Yeah I've seen it improve as well over the past couple years. I personally enjoy playing it because I really like the layout, you have 3 9-hole courses to keep it fresh, and the tips are far enough back for all the typical GolfWRX'ers lol.

Ping I25 9.5* Whiteboard 73x
TM V-Steel 15* Blueboard 83x
Ping G20 18* Blueboard 83x
TM Rescue 11 4H VS Proto 95x
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-PW PX 6.0
Vokey SM2 52.08/58.12 :: Odyssey V-line

Slight 20-40mph breeze yesterday at Village Links. That is all.

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Slight 20-40mph breeze yesterday at Village Links. That is all.

Ho hum, seventy one.

Ha! I wish. 18 was the worse. Smash driver 20 short of the water. 150 out and smash 3 iron 30 short of the green! Felt like a DeePeeFore.

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

For those of you who live in the city and frequent the Diversey range, they recently got new mats which are really spongy....almost too teed up. Also, the tees they have are too short to hit driver due to the new mats. Just a heads up.

Haven't been out there in at least 2 years. Sucks that the only driving range in the city has really poor facilities.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

For those of you who live in the city and frequent the Diversey range, they recently got new mats which are really spongy....almost too teed up. Also, the tees they have are too short to hit driver due to the new mats. Just a heads up.

Haven't been out there in at least 2 years. Sucks that the only driving range in the city has really poor facilities.

Actually, Jackson Park has a driving range, too. However, it also pretty much sucks.

Harborside is technically in the city, but it's a hike from downtown to simply hit a bucket.

They should have replaced the golf balls as well.

Does anyone have a good club builder/ repair guy? I need to get a new set bent. Thanks

Actually, Jackson Park has a driving range, too. However, it also pretty much sucks.

Harborside is technically in the city, but it's a hike from downtown to simply hit a bucket.

Agree - Harborside's facility is fantastic. But living on the northside it doesn't make much sense to drive there to practice.

Grumble, grumble, grumble. Gawd, this weather sucks. It's snowing here downtown. Hopefully we'll see a warmup late next week, and get this party started.