Cota0429 WITB

[quote name='GC70' timestamp='1437489671' post='11991928'][quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1437448813' post='11989960']
Bought a tour issue Aldila Rogue 110msi black ala Jordan Speith. Can't wait to put this in the Flex vs the TW. Trackman session with both and determine the next driver in the bag.
[/quote]
Can't wait to hear the results!

I'm so pumped for the 716's , I hope I'm not let down?[/quote]

We should be seeing pictures any day now. :)

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Just have to wait 18 hrs for the epoxy to dry. Oh yea

[attachment=2872756:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1437855825.414022.jpg]

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Has to be picking up a little ball speed on my radar. This is high, for me anyways. The tour issue Rogue is a few mph faster than the TW with the whiteboard just by radar. Hopefully I can squeeze a trackman session this week. I found that I had to go down a bit in loft (normally 11.5) because it was a bit spinny. Going to do some on course testing this week but so far I like what I see. Feels really stable at impact. I feel like I can get after it and it holds up well but at the same time not like I'm swinging a 2x4

On a side not. I am drooling over the 716 lineup pictures. I might need two bags. One with the 716T-MB and AP2s. Shoot even the AP1s. Can't wait to test them

[attachment=2875638:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1438007735.678207.jpg]

001 TW Proto

I have a SAM putt lab session tomorrow. Not sure what to expect but I'm excited. Also went in a shopping spree! Going back to AP2s :) you know you are a ho when you sell a set of irons and in a couple months buy the same set again!

001 TW Proto

[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438217180' post='12044802']
I have a SAM putt lab session tomorrow. Not sure what to expect but I'm excited. Also went in a shopping spree! Going back to AP2s :) you know you are a ho when you sell a set of irons and in a couple months buy the same set again!
[/quote]
Been there done that! That's so funny I almost picked up a set of 714's today at 2nd swing!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='GC70' timestamp='1438231878' post='12046040'][quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438217180' post='12044802']
[/quote]
Been there done that! That's so funny I almost picked up a set of 714's today at 2nd swing![/quote]

I can't wait for the 716! Had to go Vokey for my PW though. Thanks Nike for not making a 46* available to the public. Lol.

001 TW Proto

[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438007964' post='12027036']
Has to be picking up a little ball speed on my radar. This is high, for me anyways. The tour issue Rogue is a few mph faster than the TW with the whiteboard just by radar. Hopefully I can squeeze a trackman session this week. I found that I had to go down a bit in loft (normally 11.5) because it was a bit spinny. Going to do some on course testing this week but so far I like what I see. Feels really stable at impact. I feel like I can get after it and it holds up well but at the same time not like I'm swinging a 2x4

On a side not. I am drooling over the 716 lineup pictures. I might need two bags. One with the 716T-MB and AP2s. Shoot even the AP1s. Can't wait to test them

[/quote]Cota those range balls are awful! HAHA I thought our range had bad range balls!

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 Vokey F Grind 46* - 51* Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

I need one of these at home!

SAM session @ Nor Cal Golf

[attachment=2882306:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1438302935.164896.jpg]

001 TW Proto

[quote name='hanbergb' timestamp='1438291158' post='12049904']
[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438007964' post='12027036']

[/quote]Cota those range balls are awful! HAHA I thought our range had bad range balls!
[/quote]

lol true that. The range I practice at is like something out of Tin Cup. I swear!

001 TW Proto

SAM PuttLab

I returned to the same place that I did the 3D AMM session to go through SAM Puttlab. I didn't know what to expect but I wanted to go in with an open mind and find out a couple things about my putting. My putting has been streaky lately probably due to me "experimenting" too much. Left hand low, ball position, open stance and the list goes on and on. I feel I am a better than average putter, but now that my swing change has come along I really want to dedicate my time to putting. For those of you who have never worked with SAM before its pretty amazing what you can find out about your stroke. How it works is a device is attached to your putter as that they calibrate that gives you immediate feedback on each stroke and measures impact, shaft angle, launch ect and shows your strengths and weaknesses and will actually tell you when you hit it perfectly. Think of a trackman optimized for a putter. If you have one in your area I highly recommend it and if you live in Nor Cal...go and see Tom and Nor Cal Golf and tell him Andre sent you :)

I found out that the work I have been doing on my path has been paying off. Which is why I am a great lag putter, but from 6 feet and in I have been streaky. I always wondered why and to be a great putter there should be no "doubts" in your mind. My best putting has been in rounds playing with my son where I don't care to make it. Seems like I can just drain them from anywhere. What I found out on the SAM is I am at or above PGA tour for consistency on longer putts but I needed to make some adjustments to my setup to more efficient the closer I got to the hole. At address my aim is perfect, path is good going back and through, tempo is great and my impact on the putter head is optimal and consistent. One thing that really stood out that I need to improve on is at impact, my face angle was averaging 2* open to path. So we played around with ball position and grip. We even tried other putters (I was using my TW001 prototype) face balanced, less toe hang ect. I was relieved to find that the TW001 was the putter I was most consistent with. Go Dave Franklin :) We finally settled on some adjustments that I will be sticking to on course. I rattled off a bunch of "perfect" putts with these changes. This is what we changed:

From open stance to square stance
From open shoulders to square shoulders
Ball position about an inch off the left heel to middle of my stance (I am right eye dominant)
60/40 weight distribution favoring the left leg (right handed putter)
grip more in the palms of my left hand with the right hand more in the fingers but also a little stronger grip

with these changes my path was the same but now I was consistently rolling the ball with a face angle at or no more than .01 open. Pretty much a 2* improvement on face returning to square. I really want to get in a few more sessions with SAM as it was amazing to have a device that gave instant feedback or shall I say confirmation on the fact that in the end I can be a really damn good putter if I put the work in.

001 TW Proto

[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438316092' post='12052010']
SAM PuttLab

I returned to the same place that I did the 3D AMM session to go through SAM Puttlab. I didn't know what to expect but I wanted to go in with an open mind and find out a couple things about my putting. My putting has been streaky lately probably due to me "experimenting" too much. Left hand low, ball position, open stance and the list goes on and on. I feel I am a better than average putter, but now that my swing change has come along I really want to dedicate my time to putting. For those of you who have never worked with SAM before its pretty amazing what you can find out about your stroke. How it works is a device is attached to your putter as that they calibrate that gives you immediate feedback on each stroke and measures impact, shaft angle, launch ect and shows your strengths and weaknesses and will actually tell you when you hit it perfectly. Think of a trackman optimized for a putter. If you have one in your area I highly recommend it and if you live in Nor Cal...go and see Tom and Nor Cal Golf and tell him Andre sent you :)

I found out that the work I have been doing on my path has been paying off. Which is why I am a great lag putter, but from 6 feet and in I have been streaky. I always wondered why and to be a great putter there should be no "doubts" in your mind. My best putting has been in rounds playing with my son where I don't care to make it. Seems like I can just drain them from anywhere. What I found out on the SAM is I am at or above PGA tour for consistency on longer putts but I needed to make some adjustments to my setup to more efficient the closer I got to the hole. At address my aim is perfect, path is good going back and through, tempo is great and my impact on the putter head is optimal and consistent. One thing that really stood out that I need to improve on is at impact, my face angle was averaging 2* open to path. So we played around with ball position and grip. We even tried other putters (I was using my TW001 prototype) face balanced, less toe hang ect. I was relieved to find that the TW001 was the putter I was most consistent with. Go Dave Franklin :) We finally settled on some adjustments that I will be sticking to on course. I rattled off a bunch of "perfect" putts with these changes. This is what we changed:

Ball position about an inch off the left heel to middle of my stance (I am right eye dominant)
grip more in the palms of my left hand with the right hand more in the fingers but also a little stronger grip

with these changes my path was the same but now I was consistently rolling the ball with a face angle at or no more than .01 open. Pretty much a 2* improvement on face returning to square. I really want to get in a few more sessions with SAM as it was amazing to have a device that gave instant feedback or shall I say confirmation on the fact that in the end I can be a really damn good putter if I put the work in.
[/quote]

Dre, this is super cool. I will definitely be looking for one of these in my area as well. I have been playing with a couple putters and have been ho'ing a bit much with the putters. The two that are in the rotation are my Nike Method 001 and a Scotty Cameron Golo 3. I would love some bit of confirmation and validation :help: . Your game sounds like it is pretty solid and turning a corner for the better. Thanks for sharing :)

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

[quote name='Makuakane_Bear' timestamp='1438320643' post='12052270'][quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438316092' post='12052010']
SAM PuttLab

[/quote]

Dre, this is super cool. I will definitely be looking for one of these in my area as well. I have been playing with a couple putters and have been ho'ing a bit much with the putters. The two that are in the rotation are my Nike Method 001 and a Scotty Cameron Golo 3. I would love some bit of confirmation and validation :help: . Your game sounds like it is pretty solid and turning a corner for the better. Thanks for sharing :)[/quote]

I think if you go on SAM website you can locate someone who has one. Then you can test the two head to head which is nice. My is taking a turn for the better and I just signed up a partial membership to one of the harder courses in my area. :) thanks

001 TW Proto

[quote name='Mitchell' timestamp='1438327283' post='12052460']Dre,

Did you try your Machine on SAM as well?[/quote]

I will bring it next time. It won't ever replace my Oven putter but the specs are built exactly the same down to the swingweight and toe hang so the results should be the same. That's kind of why I left it at home. I should have brought it because he and Dave Billings are actually doing a deal where he will be carrying the Machine line for adjustability options for the SAM sessions. I didn't know that until he mentioned it.

[quote name='GauchoGolfer2' timestamp='1438330198' post='12052506']In Walnut Creek? Where do you live?[/quote]

Yep WC right next to my favorite sandwich spot :) I live in Tracy which is a hump but I have some accounts out that way so its close to where I sometimes work.

001 TW Proto

Got it for my wife. She said she wants something else. Good thing she doesn't know much about this putter. It's the thought that counts :)

[attachment=2883544:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1438384022.467109.jpg]

[attachment=2883546:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1438384038.165721.jpg]

[attachment=2883548:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1438384053.901358.jpg]

001 TW Proto

[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438353360' post='12053718']

I will bring it next time. It won't ever replace my Oven putter but the specs are built exactly the same down to the swingweight and toe hang so the results should be the same. That's kind of why I left it at home. I should have brought it because he and Dave Billings are actually doing a deal where he will be carrying the Machine line for adjustability options for the SAM sessions. I didn't know that until he mentioned it.

[quote name='GauchoGolfer2' timestamp='1438330198' post='12052506']In Walnut Creek? Where do you live?[/quote]

Yep WC right next to my favorite sandwich spot :) I live in Tracy which is a hump but I have some accounts out that way so its close to where I sometimes work.
[/quote]

Haha which spot? Also check out Kacha Thai down the street a little bit. Great food.

I work at the Golf Mart across from NorCal a couple days a week

[quote name='GauchoGolfer2' timestamp='1438404811' post='12058418'][quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438353360' post='12053718']

[/quote]

Haha which spot? Also check out Kacha Thai down the street a little bit. Great food.

I work at the Golf Mart across from NorCal a couple days a week[/quote]

Morruccis! I can't enough. The California Club is the bomb! I almost stopped in there at Golf Mart to get a grip for my 915HD.

001 TW Proto

Practiced putting today for about 2 hours and was working on right to left, left to right, downhill, uphill, straight and with the new adjustments I am rolling the ball better than ever before and draining them. Building my confidence back up and can't wait to get on the course. Glad I did the SAM session as its fast tracked me.

I already unloaded the tour issue Rogue 110 black as it was a consistent 10 yards behind the TW. Even with the settings at 11.5R on the Flex I was over cooking them right to left. I have never found an Aldila shaft that I got along with. Always have been great with Diamana though. Probably because I am a low launch and high spin. If I launched the ball higher then the Rogue probably would have worked as it was getting 2200-2400 spin. The whiteboard is getting me in the 2600-2800 range which helps me with the lower launch. I tend the really hold on and de loft at impact. Working on getting my angle of attack slightly higher as well.

[attachment=2883984:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1438408653.514986.jpg]

001 TW Proto

pretty cool Sam sesh dude
I wish we had stuff like this where I live, id totally take advantage of it

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='Beastmode Broker' timestamp='1438438186' post='12059144']pretty cool Sam sesh dude
I wish we had stuff like this where I live, id totally take advantage of it[/quote]

Didn't help me today lol

001 TW Proto

When you're playing with your son seems like you're not trying to make putts. Feel it and roll it.
[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/media/gca-stockton-5-foot-putts/"]http://www.golfchannel.com/media/gca-stockton-5-foot-putts/ [/url]

Nike VR Pro Blades 3-PW
Nike Engage 54 SQ
Ping Anser Milled 0
Nike RZN Prototype + RZN Tour Platinum

[quote name='sneaky' timestamp='1438917191' post='12093804']
When you're playing with your son seems like you're not trying to make putts. Feel it and roll it.
[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/media/gca-stockton-5-foot-putts/"]http://www.golfchann...-5-foot-putts/[/url]
[/quote]

True that!

So the club I joined used to host the Nationwide Tour (Wente) and was ranked the hardest track on the tour. From the tips it measures around 7200 yards. 75.3/142 We tipped it out and boy did it play ALL OF IT. No roll, soft fairways today. I started off birdie, birdie. Drained a 25 footer and a 35 footer. Hit the ball real well today and I made the turn at -2. My stats today were

Fairways 11/14
GIR 14/18
Putts 36

ended up shooting 76. Probably the best ball striking round in a while. By the way, the AP2's I just put in the bag today. Sold the RSi TP's. These are a 1/2 short and I didn't notice any distance loss. The feel way lighter though. Tour issue X100. I was money from anything over 6 feet. But I put so much pressure on myself to make anything less than that. It is all mental right now. The mechanics are fine. I just have to put more time on the putting green practice and be comfortable and build some confidence. I need to "free up" my putting. But yeah when I am with my son, I am a "free" putter. With my swing today I should have shot 69.

As far as the driver. I can't decide which on to go with. I love the TW for the design and sound. I love the Flex for the feel. I still think the TW is longer on the course but not by much at least I thought. Just when I think I decided, I hit the other driver and hit a bomb. I thought it was the Flex on hole 17 hit it 305. Then hit the TW on 18 and carried it 300. Today was one of those days when I was carrying the ball further. My swing has really come around for the better. Now these damn 5 footers ;)

001 TW Proto

[quote name='cota0429' timestamp='1438918966' post='12093934']
[quote name='sneaky' timestamp='1438917191' post='12093804']
[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/media/gca-stockton-5-foot-putts/"]http://www.golfchann...-5-foot-putts/[/url]
[/quote]

True that!

So the club I joined used to host the Nationwide Tour (Wente) and was ranked the hardest track on the tour. From the tips it measures around 7200 yards. 75.3/142 We tipped it out and boy did it play ALL OF IT. No roll, soft fairways today. I started off birdie, birdie. Drained a 25 footer and a 35 footer. Hit the ball real well today and I made the turn at -2. My stats today were

Fairways 11/14
GIR 14/18
Putts 36

ended up shooting 76. Probably the best ball striking round in a while. By the way, the AP2's I just put in the bag today. Sold the RSi TP's. These are a 1/2 short and I didn't notice any distance loss. The feel way lighter though. Tour issue X100. I was money from anything over 6 feet. But I put so much pressure on myself to make anything less than that. It is all mental right now. The mechanics are fine. I just have to put more time on the putting green practice and be comfortable and build some confidence. I need to "free up" my putting. But yeah when I am with my son, I am a "free" putter. With my swing today I should have shot 69.

As far as the driver. I can't decide which on to go with. I love the TW for the design and sound. I love the Flex for the feel. I still think the TW is longer on the course but not by much at least I thought. Just when I think I decided, I hit the other driver and hit a bomb. I thought it was the Flex on hole 17 hit it 305. Then hit the TW on 18 and carried it 300. Today was one of those days when I was carrying the ball further. My swing has really come around for the better. Now these damn 5 footers ;)
[/quote]

Nice! Keep up the hard work!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Back to my old ways... Bye bye RSi hello AP2s :)

[attachment=2897538:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1439139792.314740.jpg]

Also pretty stoked about this ... It's not a WITB but WITdriveway. Bought a new car

[attachment=2897540:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1439139895.568221.jpg]

001 TW Proto

Congrats Dre on the clubs and the car! Both look great!

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)