Vokey SM6's

ksgolf27

Has anyone received theirs with custom ordered shafts?

ย 

Yes, sir

Callaway Paradym ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž 3 wood 16* - LinQ Purple 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18/19* Hybrid ย HZRDUS Smoke Grayย 

Mizuno Pro 243 with modus 120S

Mizuno T24 50 and 56 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my 50, 54 and 60 in. Started stripping them down and so far I'm loving them. Here's a taste.

ย 

Yes, please do tell. Was this a simple "coke bath" or did you sand, scrape, bite claw etc? :dntknw:

Bettinardi Queen B

Got my 50, 54 and 60 in. Started stripping them down and so far I'm loving them. Here's a taste.

ย 

Yes, please do tell. Was this a simple "coke bath" or did you sand, scrape, bite claw etc? :dntknw:

ย 

I used acetone to remove the paint then bathed them in CLR for a couple hours. After that I scrubbed the #%*! Out of them with a scotch brite pad

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taperย 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

ย 

The eagles have landed!

ย 

Three hand ground raw SM6's straight from the Tour Department and hand ground by The Man himself... As seen by the BV makers mark pictured below.

ย 

So pretty I "almost" don't want to hit them... But I will, first thing tomorrow morning!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

PINGย G430 Max 10K Driver 8ยบ ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PINGย G430 Max 3 Wood 14ยบ ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18ยบ ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleistย TSr2 7 Wood 21ยบ ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixonย ZX4 Mk II Irons 5โ€“7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixonย ZX5 Mk II Irons 8โ€“P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Designย SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12Fย โ€ข 56.08M โ€ข 62.08Mย ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey ย Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleistย Pro V1x ~ #12

The eagles have landed!

ย 

Three hand ground raw SM6's straight from the Tour Department and hand ground by The Man himself... As seen by the BV makers mark pictured below.

ย 

So pretty I "almost" don't want to hit them... But I will, first thing tomorrow morning!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Wow, as you said, I won't want to hit those either, really would make nice trophy pieces, one(s) of a kind.

I need a good sand wedge. That is the worst part of my game. I am thinking about a 60 degree K with the wide sole but I am not sure how well it will do outside of the sand on full shots.

Driver _____ย Pingย G400 Max
Woods ____ย Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ย Titleistย 818H1 5H
Irons ______ย Titleistย T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 orย Rife 2-Bar w/ย Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ballย _______ย ย Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distanceย __ย GPS:ย ย Bushnell Phantom 2,ย ย Rangefinder:ย ย Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHINย ______ย HCP floats between 10 and 12

I need a good sand wedge. That is the worst part of my game. I am thinking about a 60 degree K with the wide sole but I am not sure how well it will do outside of the sand on full shots.

Not the best on anything other than sand and certain lies in the rough. The TVD K is another animal. Same grind, same camber, thinner sole. Works well on full swings, can be played effectively on tight lies. My go to anything inside 50.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

The eagles have landed!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Show off! ;)

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smokeย ๐Ÿ”น๐Ÿ”น๐Ÿ”น15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Protoย 
Nike 006 Rory Protoย 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Not the best on anything other than sand and certain lies in the rough. The TVD K is another animal. Same grind, same camber, thinner sole. Works well on full swings, can be played effectively on tight lies. My go to anything inside 50.

ย 

I was going to comment that my K grinds work fine from tight lies but then as I read on I remembered mine are TVDs.

ย 

I finally got to check out the SM6 yesterday and liked the look. I will probably be playing Fourteen this year but if I were in the market the SM6 would be on the list based on looks alone.

I have been demoing these more with the standard wedge flex. I normally play KBS hi rev but noticed for me the distance control is better with the standard Dg wedge flex vs KBS hi rev. Not sure why. I have a set coming with hi rev but might turn around and sell them. Anyone else have a similar experience ?

The eagles have landed!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Man those are stunning. May I asked how much they were?

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5ยฐ @9.5ยฐ

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5ยฐ

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19ยฐ@20ยฐ

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54ยฐ Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60ยฐ Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

ย 

I have been demoing these more with the standard wedge flex. I normally play KBS hi rev but noticed for me the distance control is better with the standard Dg wedge flex vs KBS hi rev. Not sure why. I have a set coming with hi rev but might turn around and sell them. Anyone else have a similar experience ?

ย 

Why not just reshaft them?

ย 

Why not just reshaft them?

ย 

I thought about that. Went by pro shop today and my special order wasn't coming in for another 2-3 weeks so we were able to cancel it. They had just received their new SM6's so I took a stock 56 S grind and 60 M grind. I kind of wanted an L grind but think the M might be a better fit.

The eagles have landed!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Congrats and many thanks for sharing those amazing wedges. I was kinda up in the air about getting a retail set and coking them ... but now I'm certain that I will wait for the raw WedgeWorks SM6 's to come out. I just hope it's only another month or two.

Spoiler

ย 

Paradym Ai Smoke MAX 10.5 ย Velocore Red 6S 45" D3

Rogue ST MAX 5W,7W Velocore ย Red 7Sย 

Srixon MKII ZX4-4, ZX5-5&6, ZX7 7-PW

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

SM8 Raw 52 F-12, 56 V, ย & 60 V

L.A.B. ZF3 35" 69* w/2* Pistol Grip

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794), Pro V1x, Miura Alt bag: 4-PW CB57โ€™s & K Grinds 52,56,60,64 or Fun Bag MP-33 5-PWย 

ย 

Sorry, Tom Wishon says this "Hanging Method" has no validity whatsoever:

ย 

http://wishongolf.co...1a324807d041ac4

ย 

Sorry also, but I ceased worshipping at the Wishon altar quite some time ago. Each to his own.

Spoiler

ย 

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794), Pro V1x, Miura Alt bag: 4-PW CB57โ€™s & K Grinds 52,56,60,64 or Fun Bag MP-33 5-PWย 

Can someone comment on the differences in the tvd k grind 60 vs. sm6 k grind? Should it play similarly? Is it the same wedge essentially as far as the sole is concerned? I've been playing the tvd k for about two years and haven't found better honestly. I'm just hoping there's not more bounce or the new k doesn't play differently. If anyone would comment I'd appreciate it.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

Can someone comment on the differences in the tvd k grind 60 vs. sm6 k grind? Should it play similarly? Is it the same wedge essentially as far as the sole is concerned? I've been playing the tvd k for about two years and haven't found better honestly. I'm just hoping there's not more bounce or the new k doesn't play differently. If anyone would comment I'd appreciate it.

ย 

No differences in regards to the grind, that is why they have the same K designation. The TVD 60 will have a lower bounce than the Spin Mill option. Both will have a higher effective bounce as a result of the wide sole.

ย 

No differences in regards to the grind, that is why they have the same K designation. The TVD 60 will have a lower bounce than the Spin Mill option. Both will have a higher effective bounce as a result of the wide sole.

ย 

Well I guess time will tell if the added bounce of the spin mill is gonna be a problem for me. I find the tvd extremely versatile for me. We've got a lot of raised greens with tightly mown areas and fast greens. I've been able to open the tvd up and pop it straight up with a lot of spin around the greens. I can hit nice high flops and it's great out of sand that's not super firm. Worried I should've gotten an M grind but if he spin mill plays similar I'll be very happy. I'll report back on this.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

ย 

ย 

Well I guess time will tell if the added bounce of the spin mill is gonna be a problem for me. I find the tvd extremely versatile for me. We've got a lot of raised greens with tightly mown areas and fast greens. I've been able to open the tvd up and pop it straight up with a lot of spin around the greens. I can hit nice high flops and it's great out of sand that's not super firm. Worried I should've gotten an M grind but if he spin mill plays similar I'll be very happy. I'll report back on this.

Please do...I'm in the same position!

Question about wedge shafts. Vokey specifically recommends something I haven't considered before.

ย 

For example, say that a player has 4-PW set of irons and 52, 56, & 60 wedges. If your 4-9 iron set has S300 shafts, Vokey recommends also using S300 shafts in the PW and the 52 Gap Wedge and S200 shafts in the 56 & 60 higher lofted wedges. ( Substitute your own current shafts the equation. )

ย 

Now in my case, my new MIURA CB 57's came with KBS Tour S shafts in the 4-8 irons. Somewhat unusually, the 9 & PW came with KBS Tour S wedge shafts. Love the feel and flight so no complaints, but having the wedge shafts in 9 & PW surprised me.

ย 

I'm planning on getting the same KBS Tour Wedge S shafts for my new SM6's. Any thoughts on Vokey's recommendations? I know his stock off the rack wedge shafts have pretty much always been S200's.

Spoiler

ย 

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

Question about wedge shafts. Vokey specifically recommends something I haven't considered before.

ย 

For example, say that a player has 4-PW set of irons and 52, 56, & 60 wedges. If your 4-9 iron set has S300 shafts, Vokey recommends also using S300 shafts in the PW and the 52 Gap Wedge and S200 shafts in the 56 & 60 higher lofted wedges. ( Substitute your own current shafts the equation. )

ย 

Now in my case, my new MIURA CB 57's came with KBS Tour S shafts in the 4-8 irons. The 9 & PW came with KBS Tour S wedge shafts.

ย 

I'm planning on getting the same KBS Tour Wedge S shafts for my new SM6's. Any thoughts on Vokey's recommendations? I know his stock off the rack wedge shafts have pretty much always been S200's.

ย 

I've played S400's in my wedges for years and just decided to go with the Vokey recommendation and went with the S200's on the 6's. Only played one round but I diddn't notice anything on the full shots and haven't had a chance to practice touch shots but I figured I have the 400's, might as well give him a chance to see if he knows what he is talking about. Haha

As much as I liked the Jet black I just had to do it.

ย 

ย 

Process?

Bettinardi Queen B

ย 

ย 

Now in my case, my new MIURA CB 57's came with KBS Tour S shafts in the 4-8 irons. The 9 & PW came with KBS Tour S wedge shafts.

ย 

ย 

I've played S400's in my wedges for years and just decided to go with the Vokey recommendation and went with the S200's on the 6's. Only played one round but I diddn't notice anything on the full shots and haven't had a chance to practice touch shots but I figured I have the 400's, might as well give him a chance to see if he knows what he is talking about. Haha

ย 

I agree. It seems the KBS Tour Wedge shafts, in terms of feel and ball flight, are a mid range compromise between the 610 (low) and the Hi Rev 2 (very high). So, they may be just right for me.

ย 

I think I'm going with the KBS Tour Wedge shafts, which will give me the same wedge shafts from 9i to 60. It's going to be an interesting to experiment with those shafts in the 9i & PW as well as the 52 which counters Vokey a little. I first assumed that MIURA likes this Wedge shaft in the CB57 9i and PW, but maybe it was just the builder as the KBS Black Pearl shafts are no longer available from KBS. Too bad.

Spoiler

ย 

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

As much as I liked the Jet black I just had to do it.

ย 

ย 

Process?

Electrical tape around the ferrule. Navel Jelly to remove the black. Soak in CLR for 2 hrs. to soften the grey finish underneath. Wet Sand. Soak again in CLR 1/2 hr. Dry sand. Scotch brite. Do not remove the paint fill if you like what is already there. I only used scotch brite on the face and toe, no sand paper here, so I could keep the laser etch between the groove and the rough pattern section on the toe area. PLEASE do not attempt on any finish other then Jet black.

ย  TSr3 8ยฐ

ย  TSr3 3Wย 

ย  T200 2/17ยฐ

ย  T200 4-P,G

ย  SM10 52, 58ย 

ย  Newport 2

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

ย 

ย 

Now in my case, my new MIURA CB 57's came with KBS Tour S shafts in the 4-8 irons. Somewhat unusually, the 9 & PW came with KBS Tour S wedge shafts. Love the feel and flight so no complaints, but having the wedge shafts in 9 & PW surprised me.

ย 

ย 

I did something similar with my SM4 wedges - wedge shaft in the GW and soft-stepped 9-iron shaft in the SW and LW. The idea is you aren't making as many full swing swings with SW and LW, so the slightly softer shaft is better for shots that require more touch around the greens. I did the same thing with the SM6's I just ordered.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2ย 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

The eagles have landed!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Congrats and many thanks for sharing those amazing wedges. I was kinda up in the air about getting a retail set and coking them ... but now I'm certain that I will wait for the raw WedgeWorks SM6 's to come out. I just hope it's only another month or two.

ย 

Do you (or anyone) have knowledge that the SM6's will be released as raw on Wedgeworks in the future? I heard they are not going to release them like before.

ย 

Anyone??

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2ย - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100ย 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) rawย 
Odyssey Triple Tย