GOLFWRX MEMBER TESTING: Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Blue

Can anyone compare the Blue Pro to the D+, especially in the 60s weight range?

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can compare them somewhat but not straight apples to apples. I went from the CK blue 50 57g to the CK blue pro 60 64g. Dispersion has been much better, lenghth the same but more consistent. Both imo have a very nice feel but I needed the extra bit of weight to calm my swing down. Changed heads a week now going from the Nike Vapor Fly to the Fly Pro. Not sure they're the same weight head out not but for me everything just feels more solid and am hitting the sweet spot more consistently.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I can compare them somewhat but not straight apples to apples. I went from the CK blue 50 57g to the CK blue pro 60 64g. Dispersion has been much better, lenghth the same but more consistent. Both imo have a very nice feel but I needed the extra bit of weight to calm my swing down. Changed heads a week now going from the Nike Vapor Fly to the Fly Pro. Not sure they're the same weight head out not but for me everything just feels more solid and am hitting the sweet spot more consistently.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious to see if any of the testers that were comparing this shaft to the AD DI 6s have any findings to report. I know a few mentioned they were going to compare these two shafts, but I havent seen anything. Trying to figure it out if I want to get rid of my AD DI...

Prior to being selected for the Tensei White testing, I was experimenting between the Tensei Blue and the Tour AD BB6. Both are very similar in terms of feel to me, but for my approach into the ball the Tensei Blue was spinning a bit higher than the Tour AD BB (between 300 and 500rpm). I will say when putting a good swing on either shaft I really didn't notice the difference in spin rates, but can say that when I'd try and go after it a little more than I normally do, the Tensei Blue would be the one I'd see my typical misses out to the right more. That being said though, I still found myself going back to the Tensei Blue more as it forced me to really concentrate more on a proper release, which in turn translated to me being more in tempo--if that makes any sense for you. The Tour AD BB 6 is by no means a stout shaft, but when comparing it to the AD Di line which is softer, one would easily notice the BB6 is more stout and you feel like you've got to swing harder with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just wondering (can't see it answered earlier in the thread), how the ck60s compares to the ck70s ? Is it just the weight is different ?

I've been fit for the ck60s in the M2 driver and am going to get the fairways also but can't decide if I should go with conventional wisdom and get fairway shafts slightly heavier or just stick with the same shaft as the driver ? Anyone compare or have experience of both ?

Many thanks !

• 1 month later...

I just got an XR16 3w paired with a pro blue 80TX...preliminary testing results are incredibly good. I've played the diamana blue for years and have to say whatever the boron is doing for stabilizing the head is superb. I will be doing a side by side again with my previous gamer and post the results if anyone is interested. This shaft hype is very real. The feel is very solid and with the tip, feedback is responsive and immediate. Meaning, at impact u could feel where the face was...i.e. Closed, open, hit high or low, out to the toe or heel.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I just got an XR16 3w paired with a pro blue 80TX...preliminary testing results are incredibly good. I've played the diamana blue for years and have to say whatever the boron is doing for stabilizing the head is superb. I will be doing a side by side again with my previous gamer and post the results if anyone is interested. This shaft hype is very real. The feel is very solid and with the tip, feedback is responsive and immediate. Meaning, at impact u could feel where the face was...i.e. Closed, open, hit high or low, out to the toe or heel.

looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts. Longtime blueboard player here too, current Kai'li 80X tipped 1", looking to upgrade to either that shaft (Pro Blue 80TX or the BF 80TX. Whatever spins less, flys lower.

looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts. Longtime blueboard player here too, current Kai'li 80X tipped 1", looking to upgrade to either that shaft (Pro Blue 80TX or the BF 80TX. Whatever spins less, flys lower.

Pro blue 80 in the fairway is awesome. Now you need to couple it with orange v2 in the driver. Generally guys who really like blue, love orange v2 as well.

Anyone have any insight on which of these shafts is close to, but maybe a little lower spinning than the KK Tini XM?

All the pro versions will spin less, unless you can maybe find a V1 Orange. Based on the feel, if you can handle a bit less spin, why not just go with the new Dual core Kuro Kage. Standard version, not XT. The new XT is massively low spin.

Pro blue 80 in the fairway is awesome. Now you need to couple it with orange v2 in the driver. Generally guys who really like blue, love orange v2 as well.

The Orange V2 is the Proto that is like a lower spinning Blue Pro, right? Or is that the V1?

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

The Orange V2 is the Proto that is like a lower spinning Blue Pro, right? Or is that the V1?

I believe the lower spinning one is the V2.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I believe the lower spinning one is the V2.

Correct. The V2 is the low spin version with pro blue launch.

Would love to get my hands on an Orange V2. I'll be patrolling the bay I'm sure

I don't think you'll be able to find a V2 there. It was a pretty limited production. Maybe someone here knows when or if there will be any more produced?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I don't think you'll be able to find a V2 there. It was a pretty limited production. Maybe someone here knows when or if there will be any more produced?

There were only 25 of each weight and flex of V2 Orange. But you can find them if you know who to ask. ;)

There were only 25 of each weight and flex of V2 Orange. But you can find them if you know who to ask. ;)

Seems like you can find a good guy or two on this boards to talk to...

heres my numbers with my favorite fw ive ever had compared to the xr16 - while it looks like a close race - the r15 doesnt feel anywhere near like the xr. Also, my misses with the r15 were all over...

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering how the 80TX pro blue would compared to the BF series 80TX. Same bend profiles, both blueboard type. Wonder which would be lower spin/ launch.

The BF 80TX being 90grams sounds awesome cause I play my 3Deep 1" under length and have SW issues without quite a bit of lead tape. Thing would be so stable!

Wondering how the 80TX pro blue would compared to the BF series 80TX. Same bend profiles, both blueboard type. Wonder which would be lower spin/ launch.

The BF 80TX being 90grams sounds awesome cause I play my 3Deep 1" under length and have SW issues without quite a bit of lead tape. Thing would be so stable!

Blue Force hits lower and spins about the same as Tensei Pro blue. Plus Tensei Pro feels so much better.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

First off, thank you GolfWRX and MRC for choosing me – I am usually selective in the contests or member testings that I apply for and only choose them if I am truly interested, and this was one that I was really wanted to get. I started reading about this shaft as soon as it hit the forums and once I saw the specs I knew I had to at least try it out when it launched…

A little about me

I am 27 years old with about a 105-110mph swing speed. My handicap this summer has hovered around 6.5-7.2.

I have been playing the Tour AD-DI 6 in stiff flex for the better half of the summer – and like most of you, I’m a ho, but this has stayed in my bag for longer than any other shaft and being completely honest, I’m not sure anything will kick it out… but we’ll see.

Before the AD-DI, I went through an Oban Devotion, Aldila Tour Green, Motore Speeder TS, Aldila Rip, Fubuki Alpha and a few others that aren’t even worth discussing.

I will be comparing the TENSEI to the Tour AD-DI and Oban Devotion in a 915 D2, 9.5* in the B2 setting playing at 45”. I had it tipped a half inch. I will be using a Pro V1x ball for the testing and I use a standard size NDMC grip. My misses are usually right--I played baseball my whole life so I have a tendency to leave my hands back and block the ball.

Unboxing and initial thoughts

Honestly, one of the coolest things about this for me is that I received the shaft last Thursday…my birthday of all days!

IMG_4039_zpspsz5mq8k.jpg

IMG_4041_zpsupb8uv3y.jpg

In the box were a hat, water bottle, a personalized letter from MRC, and of course the TENSEI.

IMG_4044_zpsatum6pgr.jpg

IMG_4047_zpsrxkdvzxz.jpg

IMG_4043_zpskiwtjfpp.jpg

IMG_4048_zpslhlz4onz.jpg

IMG_4049_zpsbnxz8487.jpg

Left out some pictures of the shaft because ladahl took some good ones above!

Initial thoughts: this shaft is beautiful, I love the look of it. The TENSEI logo is simple, which I am a huge fan of because I think a lot of companies try to put too much into logos. The shaft is pretty much all a nice glossy black, except for a small band that is a great royal blue color. I don’t mind colored shafts (I play an orange one now) but I really think this black will flow nicely into the black 915 head, and maybe even help my eyes when looking down at address. Towards the top of the shaft, there is a carbon fiber printed area that I actually think is a nice addition.

I cut and gripped the shaft last Friday - thought I was going to have a chance to play on Saturday but something came up. After giving it a few swings in the house, I can already tell it has a smooth, but solid feel. Definitely stiffer in the butt section, which is very noticeable even just swinging lightly.

IMG_4058_zps6jynib9y.jpg

IMG_4060_zpsbzjxqrav.jpg

IMG_4061_zpse9bz3nwk.jpg

I'm playing 9 holes both today and tomorrow, so I'll have a much more in-depth review on Wednesday... really looking forward to swinging this thing! Stay tuned...

How can you tip trim it before you even tried it? You have no idea about how it behaves...

I don't understand how you can tip trim a shaft before you even hit it ? You have no idea about the stiffness before you try it. Do you always do this? The reason I ask is because some shafts get a softer tip when you trim it...

I think most know that the blueboard profile, some tipping is usually required for higher SS and spin players. This shaft is just a new take on the same blueboard profile we know, improved in every manner, but similar profile/feel. Tipping this particular shaft wouldn't soften it.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the length from tip to graphics for the PRO?

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for dragging up an old topic, but I had to comment on how spectacularly good the Tensei CK Blue 70 feels and how well it performs in my 2017 M2 3HL. My favourite combination ever, which is particularly surprising when I consider that I've not like a single Mitsubishi Rayon shaft before this one.

What. A. Bat.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

• 2 months later...

I have an opportunity to snag a Blue 80 TX it says "Boron" near the tip.... I assume this is the real deal?

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x