2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

Another weird weather week here in Montreal for the last week of our 3 week stretch.

Thursday some guys finished and others started in the morning wave. The entire afternoon wave had not started...a storm blew in and flooded the course, no play.

The morning wave finished in the morning and we teed off with a 36 hole day in front of us. Played the first 18 shot one under 69, solid start. Played 3 more holes, horn blew for lightening. 3 hour delay! We got back in position at 7pm and then proceeded to play 6 more holes. Finished the 8 holes of my round this morning and shot another 69.

Now the other wave just began their second round tee time. There are guys starting their second round at 1 pm today...pretty crazy. Its good practice and a great learning experience on how to handle delays and not playing and I did pretty good with it.

Had some intense lip outs this week. Hitting the ball fantastic right now just the putts are lipping out. Good news is that a lip out means its really really close to going in.

A week off and that means: driving home to unpack, repack and prepare for a 2 month straight of being on the road. Lots of fun stuff coming up and I will sure to be posting on here.

Another note for those wondering....

Well, I can no longer promote Surf and Turf Golf publicly on this thread anymore, got in trouble with the Sheriff...

But message me, or go to my website to find my email matthansengolf.com

Put this promo code in

MHansen15

https://www.surfandturfgolf.com

Check out the stuff, you will help me out in small amounts and in turn you will get some awesome gear. If none of it appeals to you or you would like to see other stuff please comment as well and I can pass it along to the owners.

Also new week here in Canada. We are in Montreal, and it is very very French. French is everyones first language and all the signs, and menus are in French. Its a new experience. Played 18 holes this morning and its a great golf course, driver every hole, and I would call it more of a tour course (instead of the short tree lined courses we normally play)

Tonight me and a buddy are headed downtown with a french local (former montreal guy who caddied for Julien Brun in canada) It will be the one time to explore with someone who speaks the language so I will take the opportunity to do so.

They're lying to you! They all know English lol. Although menu's and everything is french, I guarantee 99% speak English. MTL has a very transient population. It truly is a gorgeous city!

On a side note, will you be coming to YYC again this year, Matt?

I will be there !!!

Are you familiar with Scott Fawcett's DECADE Course Management Systemf? If so, what are your thoughts?

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

What % of your practice is 100 yards and in? Just wondering.

100 yards and in includes putting and chipping so its 60%. For my game when I am playing my best my off the tee and iron game is the strongest. And now I am really working hard on my putting because that will take my game to the next level.

Life of a golfer:

Play the Ellie May monday qualifier a few days ago. Don't get in. Fly out of SFO at 530 get into canada at 1130. Get bags, get car, go through customs and leave airport at midnight. Drive 1.5 hours to red deer to get hotel. Sleep 5.5 hours, wake up drive 1.5 hours to the golf course in Edmonton. Play a practice round.

The life for us is a lot of flying, a lot of driving and a lot of walking.

This week begins for me at 105 pm.

Life of a golfer:

Play the Ellie May monday qualifier a few days ago. Don't get in. Fly out of SFO at 530 get into canada at 1130. Get bags, get car, go through customs and leave airport at midnight. Drive 1.5 hours to red deer to get hotel. Sleep 5.5 hours, wake up drive 1.5 hours to the golf course in Edmonton. Play a practice round.

at least you got an ice cream sundae for your troubles

You guys will enjoy the Windermere, its an awesome course and in really good shape right now. Little local knowledge, putts that you wouldn't think break towards the river pretty hard (#9, #16 especially). Good luck, I will be there on Saturday and hope to see both of you.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

Are you familiar with Scott Fawcett's DECADE Course Management Systemf? If so, what are your thoughts?

My swing coach is and I am not. I hear it helps identify parts of your game that needs improvement using statistics.

More than anything else, it is a formulated course management system. He recommends first learning about his principles and applying them in an emotionless environment, so it may be best to consider these things after the weekend.

His goal is for golfers to optimize their target selection throughout the bag. He believes his course management principles help a player choose the "optimal target that will produce the lowest score based on distance, hazards [& trees], and hole locations."

The following two links, a youtube video and a podcast, will give you a sense of his approach to course management:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/on-the-mark-2/e/49770815?autoplay=true

Though we take aim at our target like we are shooting a sniper rifle, Fawcett's point is that our dispersion pattern is more like a shotgun pattern than a sniper rifle. After knowing one's respective dispersion with a particular club (even on a particular day), while being mindful of hazards, trees, pin locations and the short-side, most of the time players should aim toward the center of their dispersion pattern and play aggressively to their spot.

Long story short, if applied consistently and wisely, young professionals can manage their way around the course like similar to a 25 year vet like Jim Furyk or Jerry Kelly.

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

Life of a golfer:

at least you got an ice cream sundae for your troubles

But then I lost an ice cream sundae to you! I broke even on the tasty desserts.

By the way forum followers, go follow this guys forum McCann1

My swing coach is and I am not. I hear it helps identify parts of your game that needs improvement using statistics.

More than anything else, it is a formulated course management system. He recommends first learning about his principles and applying them in an emotionless environment, so it may be best to consider these things after the weekend.

His goal is for golfers to optimize their target selection throughout the bag. He believes his course management principles help a player choose the "optimal target that will produce the lowest score based on distance, hazards [& trees], and hole locations."

The following two links, a youtube video and a podcast, will give you a sense of his approach to course management:

[media=]

[/media]

http://www.stitcher....5?autoplay=true

Though we take aim at our target like we are shooting a sniper rifle, Fawcett's point is that our dispersion pattern is more like a shotgun pattern than a sniper rifle. After knowing one's respective dispersion with a particular club (even on a particular day), while being mindful of hazards, trees, pin locations and the short-side, most of the time players should aim toward the center of their dispersion pattern and play aggressively to their spot.

Long story short, if applied consistently and wisely, young professionals can manage their way around the course like similar to a 25 year vet like Jim Furyk or Jerry Kelly.

Awesome, thank you.

You guys will enjoy the Windermere, its an awesome course and in really good shape right now. Little local knowledge, putts that you wouldn't think break towards the river pretty hard (#9, #16 especially). Good luck, I will be there on Saturday and hope to see both of you.

Managed to birdie 9 today, my last hole.

So today was a very colorful scorecard day with 7 birdies and 4 bogeys. I hit the ball solid and then made some good putts. On my final 9 holes I only had 1 par! 5 birdies and 3 bogeys.

Solid 3 under 67, and tomorrows second round starts at 8:05 am.

So today was a very colorful scorecard day with 7 birdies and 4 bogeys. I hit the ball solid and then made some good putts. On my final 9 holes I only had 1 par! 5 birdies and 3 bogeys.

Awesome round! I checked your card and wondered: how the heck did you bogey #1... but then I saw that you guys play that as a long par 4. Its usually a really easy par 5 for us. The pros really go low on this course. Passive brag: I shot 72 in the member guest last week, so I have that going for me! Keep it going, I will be down on Saturday to watch a bit and I will try to check in on you.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

Awesome round! I checked your card and wondered: how the heck did you bogey #1... but then I saw that you guys play that as a long par 4. Its usually a really easy par 5 for us. The pros really go low on this course. Passive brag: I shot 72 in the member guest last week, so I have that going for me! Keep it going, I will be down on Saturday to watch a bit and I will try to check in on you.

Come up and introduce yourself anytime out there on the course. You know what I look like and I don't know what you look like. I look forward to having a fan out there watching. My billets have watched me play and its always enjoyable to have a few people cheering you on.

Nice playing, Matt. Keep it going this weekend!

Good round today Matt! two more bro

Great 2 days! Keep it up!

Thank you guys. A solid 1 under par especially playing the first 8 holes in steady rain. They even had the squeegees out on holes 4 and 5. Then it stopped and instead of water falling the birdies began to fall.