2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

One of my favorite things about the Mackenzie tour is the clinics and pro ams. Even though I missed the cut I was able to do a junior clinic all day Saturday. I got my own group of junior golfers to teach for about 2 hours. I had three total sessions of 2 hours with three different groups of kids. It was a blast. Then I did a clinic that supported SoldierOn program here in Canada which is about getting retired and wounded veterans out and enjoying life and golf again. It was nine holes and I love giving tips and helping grow the game. There are many perks of professional golf and this is one of my favorites.

That is great! Do they have the clinics at a different course or at the driving range once all the players are on the course?

Sometimes its at different courses at different driving ranges or sometimes at the actually course driving range. They close the course for the pro am, or close part of the range for the clinics.

will u post a witb

WITB 8/5/20
Driver: Taylormade SIM W/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7X
3 Wood: Taylormade M2 TOUR W/ Graphite Design Tour AD BB 7X
3 Iron: PXG 0311X GEN 2 W/ KBS TOUR HYBRID PROTOTYPE 95X
4 iron: Mizuno MP-20 HMB W/ Project X LZ 6.5
5-PW:  Mizuno MP-20 MMC W/ Project X LZ 6.5

50,54,60: Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW W/ Onix Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 34"
Grips: Standard Golf Pride ZGrip Cord (Logo Down) +1 Wrap
Ball: Taylormade TP5x 
Bag: 2018 Navy/ Grey Ping Hoofer Lite 

Hey Matt - I played in the Rideau View Pro Am yesterday and remembered your name from this thread. I didn't get a chance to say hi but I hope you enjoyed time at the course and the tournament. Hope to see you back next year.

Good luck in the last few events.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

Hey Matt - I played in the Rideau View Pro Am yesterday and remembered your name from this thread. I didn't get a chance to say hi but I hope you enjoyed time at the course and the tournament. Hope to see you back next year.

Nice! How'd you do on Monday? That course is such a great course!

will u post a witb

Yes and I will post with pictures as well.

Nice! How'd you do on Monday? That course is such a great course!

Got off to a bit of a slow start but I made a handful of birdies on the back and finished at -3 for the day. Our team was T2 and lost in that giant playoff so unfortunately we finished out of the money. We won low gross by a mile so we hit the prize table at least.

I was paired with Aaron Cockerill and he was a great guy. Played solid with 5 birdies and a bogie for a 68.

Glad you enjoyed the course and if you're back again next year I'll be sure to track you down.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

How much difference does the right ball make at your level?

What do you like better about your new ball? What would you change if you could?

It makes a huge difference. The consistency and correct softness and spin for the higher priced ball compared to the lowest priced ball is a must have. The new ball has more spin on my 50-100 yard wedge shots which I was looking for while still being good in the wind. I wouldn't change much to the ball, if anything I would find a Driver that spins less.

What do you like better about your new ball? What would you change if you could?

It makes a huge difference. The consistency and correct softness and spin for the higher priced ball compared to the lowest priced ball is a must have. The new ball has more spin on my 50-100 yard wedge shots which I was looking for while still being good in the wind. I wouldn't change much to the ball, if anything I would find a Driver that spins less.

Strange I found the TP5 to spin much less than the tour preferred/prov balls in short game. I also noticed being quite a bit longer with irons with the TP5. I found that thing will knuckle pretty easy with short irons and hit some crazy fliers if you're not careful but curves much less with the driver/long clubs vs. prov1 and 1x.

Do you use the claw or paintbrush putter grip?

Also I love the action of your right foot as you hit the ball, has that move that all the old greats did that Bradley hughes often talks about

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

I love this thread.

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

Strange I found the TP5 to spin much less than the tour preferred/prov balls in short game. I also noticed being quite a bit longer with irons with the TP5. I found that thing will knuckle pretty easy with short irons and hit some crazy fliers if you're not careful but curves much less with the driver/long clubs vs. prov1 and 1x.

TPx is by far the best ball I've ever played in the wind. Living in Calgary it's an absolute must.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

How do you go about picking what shafts you play? Do you have to request shaft to try out from the company/company reps or do any of them send you stuff to try without prompting? If a manufacturer comes out with a new driver shaft for instance that sounds like it fits your profile do you test it out or are you the type of player that plays what he has until performance slips a bit?

Thanks for this wonderful thread by the way! I gotta give thanks to your mom for contributing also. She sounds like a great mom to have in your corner on this journey of yours.

Thats interesting. The tour preferred ball was great. Whenever a ball company comes out with a good ball in a few years they have to change it. But I don't mind, I think thats what makes Prov1s great. They found a winning formula and don't change it.

Do you use the claw or paintbrush putter grip?

Also I love the action of your right foot as you hit the ball, has that move that all the old greats did that Bradley hughes often talks about

[media=]

[/media]

Thanks, thats a great video! I use a paintbrush claw thing. I can post a picture of my grip on here if you would like?

I love this thread.

Thanks for following along!

How do you go about picking what shafts you play? Do you have to request shaft to try out from the company/company reps or do any of them send you stuff to try without prompting? If a manufacturer comes out with a new driver shaft for instance that sounds like it fits your profile do you test it out or are you the type of player that plays what he has until performance slips a bit?

Thanks for this wonderful thread by the way! I gotta give thanks to your mom for contributing also. She sounds like a great mom to have in your corner on this journey of yours.

So iron shafts and wood shafts I have pretty much found the winning combo. Since I'm not really changing in strength and my swing doesnt change all that much I have played the same shafts the last 4 years.

If a new driver shaft comes out that is similar to my current one, I may request it. Honestly I don't request much from companies because I usually stick with what I play. I am the type of person who believes its the player hitting the shots and not the clubs. I know my clubs fit me and if they aren't performing its usually because of me. I did however put my Nike Flex driver in the bag over the weekend up here in Canada. Thursday/Friday was with the Taylormade and I think the head has gone dead or something because my distance was lacking. Switched to the Nike and I was 10-20 yards longer.

So iron shafts and wood shafts I have pretty much found the winning combo. Since I'm not really changing in strength and my swing doesnt change all that much I have played the same shafts the last 4 years.

If a new driver shaft comes out that is similar to my current one, I may request it. Honestly I don't request much from companies because I usually stick with what I play. I am the type of person who believes its the player hitting the shots and not the clubs. I know my clubs fit me and if they aren't performing its usually because of me. I did however put my Nike Flex driver in the bag over the weekend up here in Canada. Thursday/Friday was with the Taylormade and I think the head has gone dead or something because my distance was lacking. Switched to the Nike and I was 10-20 yards longer.

You probably have a hairline crack in the face, swap it out if you can...

Play well next week..

Well the mom is headed to this week.. Almost cancelled as I was all ready to go and catch an 830 pm flight to SFO spend night and catch an early am flight to Buffalo and then drive to Ontario.. All with points so it was free in case your wondering why that flight plan..

So I go to check flight status and it says CANCELLED!!! ARGGGG, I am a good 4 hours from SFO and its now 530 pm... Plus the plan was to come back with Matthew as his car is there already..

So I called United, no chance to get there tonight. Was going to give up and just cancel till I called Matthew who was totally fine with me not coming but he did say "he does like it when I can watch".. That was enough.. Call United back, found a super early flight to LAX at 540 am (not chancing with SFO) and was able to change my Southwest flight at NO COST (Best airline ever).. Only drawback is I will get there much later and won't be able to get to Ontario till Wednesday sometime. Also rather than the awesome A39 I am now C25 which means middle seat - ugh on that!!

Also had to call Crown Plaza hotel at SFO and hope they might issue a refund which they did.. So I will continue to support both Crown Plaza and Southwest.. United- hmm not so much a fan.

Anyway, I am going to make come hell or high water as my mom used to say. Long day tomorrow but Im game..

Maybe he is saving his best result for my presence.. :) Here's hoping.