Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

Whats up Matt. Awesome story so far. lots of great info. It seems you go all over to play in the Bay Area. If you ever find yourself in Marin you should stop by Stone Tree in Novato. A buddy of mine that plays there named Alex Franklin is also a conditional Web player. Not sure if you guys have crossed paths?

Whats up Matt. Awesome story so far. lots of great info. It seems you go all over to play in the Bay Area. If you ever find yourself in Marin you should stop by Stone Tree in Novato. A buddy of mine that plays there named Alex Franklin is also a conditional Web player. Not sure if you guys have crossed paths?

Have to chime in, we all know Alex, he was good friends with Matt Seramin who was a teammate of Matthew at Davis. One year at the So Cal Open, Alex had Megan (Matthew's sister) caddy for him the final round.. Actually Megan sort of over volunteered.. lol. Megan used to caddy for her brother as well back in the good old days.. Now she is married and no longer available.. I miss that a lot.

You may have answered this previously, but what kind of emphasis do you put on the mental side of the game? Any practice/drills/instruction you do?

I have some books I have began reading that go into the mental side and being a champion. I also have talked with a professor who teaches psychology who is interested in helping me.

Are you planning on playing the Straight Down this year? Hope to see you there!

I was lucky enough to caddy at that event for two years when I was younger but have never had the opportunity to play. Just waiting for that invite, gotta start winning some tournaments and making a name for myself. Hopefully one day I can play since it is in my hometown backyard.

Yeah Alex and I know each other very well. I'd love to make a trip over there sometime. Davis isn't too far away.

Matt, sorry I haven’t been fully up on this thread lately but do you have your schedule or status set for next year?

Also, do you have the same mindset for every round or does it change? We hear announcers talk about Saturday as moving day but to the players is that a load of BS or does the mindset change a little once the cut is made? I imagine there are days with trying weather where the thought process is much more conservative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last two rounds for score have both been 4 under 68's. Trending in the right direction. Soon I will post pictures and a post about Decade golf and my stats. It will be a must see post!!

So what did you discover about your game by taking stats and using Decade, and what adjustments, if any, have you made?

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

DECADE Golf:

It is time to show you guys what I've been using to change the way I approach my practice and learn what I need to improve at. I have attached pictures with example pages of the analysis section.

How it works:

I input each shot and each yardage after my rounds. For example if hole 1 is 400 yards, shot 1 is driver 400 yards, shot 2 can be fairway left or right rough, bunkers or ob or water, then you put your club from that yardage like PW from 125. Then it either hits green, strong or weak side or sand. Putts are in feet when I get on green. The only weird stat that doesn't make sense is the GIR in APPROACH Shots. For example if you are hitting into a par 5 from 255 and miss the green that counts in the GIR %.. That stat is slightly lower for this reason (i go for a lot of par 5s in 2)

Analysis:

As you may see my putting is -2 shots per round. This is strictly using stats and not the stats from that given event. We are not playing the smoothest and best greens in the world. So a 50% 7 footer on the PGA tour may only be 40% on the greens we play (rough guesstimate). Still it shows I need to improve my putting which I have known for awhile. It also gives so many more stats and strokes gained stats. I still haven't had enough rounds in it to really see a trend. But I continue to input tournament rounds or any round where I play a friend for money (a focused round).

Any questions?

i use golfstat stat entry for my stats . On par fives they’ll ask what your approach shot was and I’ll select “second shot from 255” but also am able to count I. T. as A GIR on my third & a postitive or negative up and down depending on the score . I’d mess around with some features on decade and see if they give you that option

DECADE Golf:

It is time to show you guys what I've been using to change the way I approach my practice and learn what I need to improve at. I have attached pictures with example pages of the analysis section.

How it works:

I input each shot and each yardage after my rounds. For example if hole 1 is 400 yards, shot 1 is driver 400 yards, shot 2 can be fairway left or right rough, bunkers or ob or water, then you put your club from that yardage like PW from 125. Then it either hits green, strong or weak side or sand. Putts are in feet when I get on green. The only weird stat that doesn't make sense is the GIR in APPROACH Shots. For example if you are hitting into a par 5 from 255 and miss the green that counts in the GIR %.. That stat is slightly lower for this reason (i go for a lot of par 5s in 2)

Analysis:

As you may see my putting is -2 shots per round. This is strictly using stats and not the stats from that given event. We are not playing the smoothest and best greens in the world. So a 50% 7 footer on the PGA tour may only be 40% on the greens we play (rough guesstimate). Still it shows I need to improve my putting which I have known for awhile. It also gives so many more stats and strokes gained stats. I still haven't had enough rounds in it to really see a trend. But I continue to input tournament rounds or any round where I play a friend for money (a focused round).

Any questions?

Whenever you're on a par 5, and register short game 3rd shot and the result is on green, it registers as a GIR.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5* with Ventus Blue TR 6X
Srixon ZX 13.5* with Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX 18* with Ventus Blue 7X
Srixon ZXU 20* with Tour AD-DI 95x
Srixon ZX7 5-PW with Modus 125x
Cleveland Zipcore 51* Mid with Modus 125x, 56* Full with Modus 125w, 61* Mid with Modus 125w
Odyssey 2 Ball Ten Armlock
Titleist ProV1

DECADE Golf:

How it works:

Analysis:

Any questions?

Thanks for sharing! Great par 4 scoring average!

It looks like you get everything you need to really help you develop and then compare from year to year. Is it possible to select different times of the year? Say if you wanted to compare april and august?

Happy holidays!

Ping G430 LST 9* Kai'li White
Ping G425 Max 14.5* PX HZRDUS Yellow HC
Ping G425 Max 20.5* PX Evenflow Riptide LX Proto
Ping i230 4-P DG 120 X100
Ping Glide 4.0 52, 56, 60 DG TI S400
Ping PLD Anser

DECADE Golf:

How it works:

Analysis:

Any questions?

Thanks for sharing! Great par 4 scoring average!

It looks like you get everything you need to really help you develop and then compare from year to year. Is it possible to select different times of the year? Say if you wanted to compare april and august?

Happy holidays!

Yes there is a way to compare certain times of the year. Im not sure about specific dates but you can say use the last month, or compare the last three months. Its a sweet app that I would recommend to anyone wanting to find out what they have to improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Years everyone. To all my new followers welcome to an inside of what its like to be a grinding tour pro trying to make it to the PGA Tour. To all my original followers glad you are still with me.

Yesterday I got a tweak Lasik surgery to my right eye to get my vision in that eye better than 20/30. I will be resting for the next week letting that recover. Then my schedule begins at the end of this month starting in Bakersfield.

The goal this year is to build confidence, learn how to win and give myself the best chance at the end of the year at Web.com q school to make it through. Along the way I will be looking at traveling doing more state Opens and Web.com Monday qualifiers. I know I have been able to get hooked up with a few of you on here and you have offered up your homes when I have traveled to Monday qualifiers (shout out to those people). If anyone out there has friends or knows anyone in any States that has a place I would be thankful for getting connected with the.

For example I am looking to travel to Louisiana and Georgia in March. Mississippi and Indiana in April. Tennessee and South and North Carolina in May. Illinois and Kansas in June. Utah, Nebraska, and Montana in July.

As many of you know new and old followers funding for us striving PGA tours is important and anything helps. I will continue to post in depth practice routines and rounds. If there is anything else you would like to have me talk about please let me know on here. Thanks and Happy 2018

Happy New Years everyone. To all my new followers welcome to an inside of what its like to be a grinding tour pro trying to make it to the PGA Tour. To all my original followers glad you are still with me.

Yesterday I got a tweak Lasik surgery to my right eye to get my vision in that eye better than 20/30. I will be resting for the next week letting that recover. Then my schedule begins at the end of this month starting in Bakersfield.

The goal this year is to build confidence, learn how to win and give myself the best chance at the end of the year at Web.com q school to make it through. Along the way I will be looking at traveling doing more state Opens and Web.com Monday qualifiers. I know I have been able to get hooked up with a few of you on here and you have offered up your homes when I have traveled to Monday qualifiers (shout out to those people). If anyone out there has friends or knows anyone in any States that has a place I would be thankful for getting connected with the.

For example I am looking to travel to Louisiana and Georgia in March. Mississippi and Indiana in April. Tennessee and South and North Carolina in May. Illinois and Kansas in June. Utah, Nebraska, and Montana in July.

As many of you know new and old followers funding for us striving PGA tours is important and anything helps. I will continue to post in depth practice routines and rounds. If there is anything else you would like to have me talk about please let me know on here. Thanks and Happy 2018

Not listed in your post - but if you're trying to Monday for the LECOM Health Challenge in early July in Western NY, we would be happy to host/feed you - we live 20-30 minutes away. I'd even be happy to loop, as I have played the course a few times.

I don't have many questions at the time, but love seeing your posts, so keep it coming - just even the most random updates are interesting to me!