2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they moved up for a guard. As a stanford fan I like the player a lot just not sure they needed to move back into the first to get him

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well they moved up for a guard. As a stanford fan I like the player a lot just not sure they needed to move back into the first to get him

Yeah agreed, I wanted Garnett pretty bad actually, but likely at 37. Paid a decent amount for him too. Solid pick, just a bit of a jump, but if he was who we were targeting at 37 and worried he was gonna get snatched up.....go for it.

Man......the possibilities though lol. So much defensive talent on the board, and womp.....a guard.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Yeah agreed, I wanted Garnett pretty bad actually, but likely at 37. Paid a decent amount for him too. Solid pick, just a bit of a jump, but if he was who we were targeting at 37 and worried he was gonna get snatched up.....go for it.

Man......the possibilities though lol. So much defensive talent on the board, and womp.....a guard.

Guard especially RG was a massive need after last year. Garnett should start day 1 and be an upgrade so I'm warming to being ok with that vs another Baalke 4th round walking wounded project.

Iirc the move back up to get Iupati was looked at as questionable and that worked out ok.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Guard especially RG was a massive need after last year. Garnett should start day 1 and be an upgrade so I'm warming to being ok with that vs another Baalke 4th round walking wounded project.

Iirc the move back up to get Iupati was looked at as questionable and that worked out ok.

Only thing is Iupati would have never made it out of the first round. Garnett was looking like he could very well be there at 37. But lots of rumor saying that the Hawks were targeting Garnett. Honestly, with the way it's shaping up...lots of talent in the second and third so I'll warm to it.

Edit seeing who Seattle took......it's very likely they could have been targeting Garnett.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Love the move.... Every time I watched Stanford play McCaffrey had Volkswagen size holes on the left side. Also I remember seeing him out in front of those screens that our friend Bubba is so fond of. Niners walk away from day 1 with two potentional starters and depth in the trenches.

If they ended up taking Seattle's pick then even better lol

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

So when are the Niners going to make this move and grab Jack?

His knee must be f***** up!

Yeah that knee must be worse than thought to scare everybody off. Whoever gets him in round two though will be getting a solid steal.

As for the Niners in the coming rounds picking from this crop would make me happy:

Noah Spence, , shillique Calhoun, Malik Collins, scooby wright, Kenneth Dixon, sterling Shepard, Kendall fuller, Braxton miller,m

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Haven't been this pumped for a first round since 2010 now if they can grab an all pro I'm the 3rd like they did in 2010 with Bowman they might just right the ship.

Nice to see Kaep warming to the idea of playing for Chip imo the only way the Chip hire was going to work is if Kaep was able to return to form.

I'm shocked i have positive things to say about the niners right now.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Haven't been this pumped for a first round since 2010 now if they can grab an all pro I'm the 3rd like they did in 2010 with Bowman they might just right the ship.

Nice to see Kaep warming to the idea of playing for Chip imo the only way the Chip hire was going to work is if Kaep was able to return to form.

I'm shocked i have positive things to say about the niners right now.

His name is Myles Jack! Lol....

I am going to go out on a limb and say Tunsil is not the sharpest tool in the shed.... Anyone watch his preser? Yikes.... Um the coach that offered the money is still there.... Ole Miss is f*****!

Yup that's where my this thing is getting wierd post came from. Well that and the screen shots of texts asking for rent money and money to pay mom's $300 utility bill

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Trent ACL Baalke strikes again

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Thought the Cowboys had a pretty decent draft. I like the Elliott pick okay, but I was pretty big on Jalen Ramsey personally. Would have probably rather them taken him there, but I assume their plan is to move Byron Jones to safety now where Ramsey likely would have played.

The Jaylon Smith pick was extremely interesting. It's a big time roll of the dice, but should things work out in their favor then they essentially turned the 34th pick in this draft into a player with top 5 talent. If it doesn't, however, they wasted a big time opportunity improve the team immediately in what are likely to be Romo's final couple of years.

I like Collins and Tapper in the 3rd and 4th rounds because both guys should be able to bolster the pass rush somewhat and they both possess nice too end speed. The Dak Prescott pick was a good one as well IMO. He turned into s pretty solid passer at MSU and hopefully he'll get to sit behind Romo for a few years and won't be thrust into any immediate action.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Thought the Cowboys had a pretty decent draft. I like the Elliott pick okay, but I was pretty big on Jalen Ramsey personally. Would have probably rather them taken him there, but I assume their plan is to move Byron Jones to safety now where Ramsey likely would have played.

The Jaylon Smith pick was extremely interesting. It's a big time roll of the dice, but should things work out in their favor then they essentially turned the 34th pick in this draft into a player with top 5 talent. If it doesn't, however, they wasted a big time opportunity improve the team immediately in what are likely to be Romo's final couple of years.

I like Collins and Tapper in the 3rd and 4th rounds because both guys should be able to bolster the pass rush somewhat and they both possess nice too end speed. The Dak Prescott pick was a good one as well IMO. He turned into s pretty solid passer at MSU and hopefully he'll get to sit behind Romo for a few years and won't be thrust into any immediate action.

I was shocked that Smith went at 34. Thought that was much earlier than expected, but should all things heal right it'll be a good pick to get a top 5 talent at that slot. I did want Malik Collins though, snagged him just before our pick.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

I was shocked that Smith went at 34. Thought that was much earlier than expected, but should all things heal right it'll be a good pick to get a top 5 talent at that slot. I did want Malik Collins though, snagged him just before our pick.

Jaylon Smith going at 34 surprised me a lot too. I'm really hoping it works out, obviously! Such a big gamble at that point in the draft.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

As a Lions fan, I love how they kept it simple and just addressed needs one at a time. And not a single WR taken! Ok, that's an old bit, but they have legit #1 and #2 receivers on this team already in Tate and Jones.

Honestly, with the number of linemen taken, this is what I would have expected from Matt Millen, being that he was a guy who played in the trenches. Kind of refreshing to see them not just going for the sexy name.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Agree CPP, there seemed to be some methodology to their drafting this year. Get bigger on both sides of the ball. Not glamorous, but smart. Taylor Decker appears to be solid, certainly has the pedigree. But if the pick was to simply replace Reiff in a year (rumors about not resigning him), then no net gain and another wasted prior #1 pick. But they needed OL help and depth, have to protect the franchise.

Like the Robinson pick a lot. Big and mean, and again pedigree. Seems to be a smart kid who will learn fast. Didn't like the Rudock pick one bit (not because he's an M'er), not in the six round. He could have been had several rounds latter by all indications. And drafting a LS?? Come'on thats just stupid, and a waste of a draft pick (albeit, a late 6th round one). So a mix of good and Lion'esque.

But never forget who we are taking about here. The most sad sack franchise in professional sports. Maybe they are under new, enlightenment management (heard that before). Or just the latest rendition of SOL. A 50/50 proposition at best.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Agree CPP, there seemed to be some methodology to their drafting this year. Get bigger on both sides of the ball. Not glamorous, but smart. Taylor Decker appears to be solid, certainly has the pedigree. But if the pick was to simply replace Reiff in a year (rumors about not resigning him), then no net gain and another wasted prior #1 pick. But they needed OL help and depth, have to protect the franchise.

Like the Robinson pick a lot. Big and mean, and again pedigree. Seems to be a smart kid who will learn fast. Didn't like the Rudock pick one bit (not because he's an M'er), not in the six round. He could have been had several rounds latter by all indications. And drafting a LS?? Come'on thats just stupid, and a waste of a draft pick (albeit, a late 6th round one). So a mix of good and Lion'esque.

But never forget who we are taking about here. The most sad sack franchise in professional sports. Maybe they are under new, enlightenment management (heard that before). Or just the latest rendition of SOL. A 50/50 proposition at best.

Yeah, I agree about the LS (I actually had to look that one up, as I didn't recognize the position at first). They've got one already too....not sure if this was a case of "best player available" or what, but you aren't going to carry two of these guys on the roster, so....

Now, homerness aside, I like the Rudock pick (though, you are right, they might have gotten him as a UFA). He improved a ton this last year if you watch him early in the season versus late. I think with more time, he will be a solid backup who could end up starting somewhere in 3-4 years. In that regard (and that regard only), he's a lot like Brady...that is all anyone expected of him at the time too. Of course the Pats got lucky and Brady ended up being awesome. Hope that happens here too, but doubtful.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

I'm out of town for a wedding but I'm not happy with my Birds draft.... Smh at a couple picks we made, especially in round 1. Could've gotten Neal later by trading down and getting back some of the picks we didn't have

Ultimately time will tell, but I agree. Thought the falcons had one of the worst drafts.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 4 months later...

Bought my tickets for Patriots vs. Cardinals first Sunday Night Game of the year last week. Don't know what to expect with Jimmy G. at the reins but I am so so so excited. :yahoo:

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck