2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Carrying on the course

Chartridge82

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing an armed society leads to is dead people. Its like all of the CC people want to be living in the third world or something. If you really want to kill someone that badly, move to Somalia or Syria. Human life isn't worth a whole lot in those places. You can shoot all the people you want.

I, for one, would rather live in a society where all human life is valued - not merely the life of the a****** with the gun.

The gang bangers, rioters and looters dominate neighborhoods with their guns, they prefer third world conditions. Are you thinking they have ccw's?

The cc people, the ones following the law, don't cause problems. They value their right and respect the laws surrounding it. Brandishing the weapon is not permitted, ccw owners are not the ones you see using their weapon in ways you would in the third world.

Gun deaths per 100,000

United States 10.54 (2014)

Mexico 7.64 (2014)

Canada 1.97 (2011)(guns are heavily regulated)

You don't have that many gang members. Your suicide rate is through the roof as well due to availability of fire arms. I'm not pro or anti gun to be honest. What I don't understand is the need and use of hand guns.

I guess I started the topic as I was interested in the thinking behind carrying a firearm on a course. I think the big thing here in the UK is that I have never been attacked, and dont expect to ever be attacked, by someone carrying a gun, its just a real none issue. I would also never ever expect to be attacked on a golf course. I guess we re just extremely lucky here that we dont have to think about it. Good to read all your thoughts though. Nothing is simple.

The only thing an armed society leads to is dead people. Its like all of the CC people want to be living in the third world or something. If you really want to kill someone that badly, move to Somalia or Syria. Human life isn't worth a whole lot in those places. You can shoot all the people you want.

I, for one, would rather live in a society where all human life is valued - not merely the life of the a****** with the gun.

The gang bangers, rioters and looters dominate neighborhoods with their guns, they prefer third world conditions. Are you thinking they have ccw's?

The cc people, the ones following the law, don't cause problems. They value their right and respect the laws surrounding it. Brandishing the weapon is not permitted, ccw owners are not the ones you see using their weapon in ways you would in the third world.

Oh really? Check the news. "Man shoots guy in movie theater for texting during previews" or how about "Man shoots kid at gas station for playing music too loud" Both individuals were licensed. Both individuals felt like giant gonads for shooting people over nothing. Do I really need to bring up George Zimmerman?

No ordinary citizen carrying a firearm for power or personal protection is occupying the moral high ground. Regardless of whether they have a permit, they are just as much of a problem as the proverbial "gang bangers," "looters," and "terrorists". If you are really that scared, I'm sorry (and I hope you ladies will forgive me for using the term), but you are a giant p***y. Grow up. This isn't the wild west and you aren't going to be Batman.

I live in Baltimore (murdaland) and have owned firearms (military family) since I was 8 years old BTW - so you don't need to educate me on the subjects of urban crime or responsible gun ownership. I have those covered and have never seen the need or the point of having something in my house or on my person whose sole purpose is to kill people.

I think in confused here. I don't own a firearm or have a ccw, but you have called me a giant p**ssy for doing so. Then you go on to explain how you own firearms yourself. I'll totally agree we need a much improved screening system for gun ownership, this would likely prevent psychos from owning guns - like you.

Oh really? Check the news. "Man shoots guy in movie theater for texting during previews" or how about "Man shoots kid at gas station for playing music too loud" Both individuals were licensed. Both individuals felt like giant gonads for shooting people over nothing. Do I really need to bring up George Zimmerman?

No ordinary citizen carrying a firearm for power or personal protection is occupying the moral high ground. Regardless of whether they have a permit, they are just as much of a problem as the proverbial "gang bangers," "looters," and "terrorists". If you are really that scared, I'm sorry (and I hope you ladies will forgive me for using the term), but you are a giant p***y. Grow up. This isn't the wild west and you aren't going to be Batman.

I live in Baltimore (murdaland) and have owned firearms (military family) since I was 8 years old BTW - so you don't need to educate me on the subjects of urban crime or responsible gun ownership. I have those covered and have never seen the need or the point of having something in my house or on my person whose sole purpose is to kill people.

I think in confused here. I don't own a firearm or have a ccw, but you have called me a giant p**ssy for doing so. Then you go on to explain how you own firearms yourself. I'll totally agree we need a much improved screening system for gun ownership, this would likely prevent psychos from owning guns - like you.

I am sorry sir. I should have used a slightly different wording to show that my comment was not directed at you personally, but rather at those that think they need to be armed because life in America is so dangerous (who are indeed pussies). The "you" that I speak of is not you personally, but rather the collective you of CC advocates and participants. Please accept my apologies.

I have no idea where the "psycho" comment comes from. If advocating for the sanctity and value of human life makes me a psycho, then we have clearly entered the Twilight Zone. But, I am willing to forgive you for that one. The comment clearly stems from a simple misunderstanding and the internet's propensity for hyperbole.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Thanks for your opinions! Nice thing about the USA is we all have the same rights! Don't fall off your moral high ground anytime soon. CCW is a personal choice for most and the vast majority of CCW's you would never know are armed.

I expect this thread to be locked down soon as it's moved away from the Ops topic.

TM SIM2 MAX (Blacked out) Driver 10.5 - GD Black Tour AD Di6 S

TM SIM2 MAX 3W 15 - GD Black Tour AD Di7 S

TM SIM2 MAX 5W 18 - Ventus Blue 7 S or TM SIM2 4 HB 22 Ventus Blue 7 S

Ping I210 4-W Modus 105 S

Cleveland Zipcore RTX6 -50, 54, 58, DG Tour Spinner

Scotty Cameron Newport Select Custom 2015 model

Each person who takes their right to carry is an individual. Thereby generalizing us carriers is a false concept.

I personally don't want to kill anyone, as I do value all life. Though if put in a situation where I needed to protect myself and others I would do what is necessary without remorse.

So those 2 instances and the Zimmerman thing speak for all CCers?

Somewhat recently in AZ people have been driving the wrong way on the freeway. This means everyone who drive a car is a bloodthirsty monster. MAPDC. Moms against people driving cars.

Your point is null. There are bad people in this world. Some have guns, some have cars, chains, knives, bats, and a myriad of other things.

I can appreciate your point to the extend of your opinion, as you are entitled. Let's keep this cival and keep the thread open.

Back to the topic at hand. I carry for a few reasons. Beyond basic self defence stuff. I really don't like snakes, and I live in AZ...

I have also played some courses down is gatorville. I don't want to be a snack to a gator.

Agressive players. Been rushed by a guy with a club twice. Luckily I was playing with my big brother. I was younger at that junction in time.

Mountain lions.

And because it is my right.

Gun deaths per 100,000

Mexico 7.64 (2014)

You don't have that many gang members. Your suicide rate is through the roof as well due to availability of fire arms. I'm not pro or anti gun to be honest. What I don't understand is the need and use of hand guns.

Yes, people do use guns to commit suicide. It is also interesting to know that if there wasn't guns, people would find another means to kill themselves.

I guess I started the topic as I was interested in the thinking behind carrying a firearm on a course. I think the big thing here in the UK is that I have never been attacked, and dont expect to ever be attacked, by someone carrying a gun, its just a real none issue. I would also never ever expect to be attacked on a golf course. I guess we re just extremely lucky here that we dont have to think about it. Good to read all your thoughts though. Nothing is simple.

I appreciate your open mindedness. If you ever wind up in AZ for whatever reason the AZ wrx crowd would be happy to take you shooting. Just for the experience.

Golfer Pulls a Gun on the Guys Behind Him When They Ask to Play Through

A man was charged with threatening and breach of peace after he retrieved a firearm from his golf cart after being confronted about “golf etiquette” by another set of players Tuesday afternoon. The incident began around 1:30 p.m. at Stanley Golf Course when a set of players golfing behind the man’s group became annoyed at the pace of play, Capt. Thomas Steck said. “Words were exchanged about golf etiquette and playing through,” Steck said. “A man in the first group then went to his golf cart and retrieved a firearm.”

The man, whose name was unavailable because he was still being processed for arrest, then placed the gun under his clothing and pulled back his shirt to reveal the weapon in front of the second group of golfers who were complaining about their slow pace, police said. The second group immediately notified the golf shop and waited for police to arrive. Based on the description provided, several officers responded and located the man and took him into custody. He had a valid pistol permit, which was seized along with the gun, Steck said. The man was charged with second-degree threatening and breach of peace

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chicago/golfer-pulls-a-gun-on-the-guys-behind-him-when-they-ask-to-play-through/

Gun deaths per 100,000

Mexico 7.64 (2014)

Yes, people do use guns to commit suicide. It is also interesting to know that if there wasn't guns, people would find another means to kill themselves.

actually no. Statistically countries with lax gun laws have higher suicide rates. This is mainly attributed to act now think later which is why murder rates are typically significantly higher as well. A country that is difficult to get a gun makes it a lot easier to "rethink" your plan before acting it out.

Golfer Pulls a Gun on the Guys Behind Him When They Ask to Play Through

A man was charged with threatening and breach of peace after he retrieved a firearm from his golf cart after being confronted about “golf etiquette” by another set of players Tuesday afternoon. The incident began around 1:30 p.m. at Stanley Golf Course when a set of players golfing behind the man’s group became annoyed at the pace of play, Capt. Thomas Steck said. “Words were exchanged about golf etiquette and playing through,” Steck said. “A man in the first group then went to his golf cart and retrieved a firearm.”

The man, whose name was unavailable because he was still being processed for arrest, then placed the gun under his clothing and pulled back his shirt to reveal the weapon in front of the second group of golfers who were complaining about their slow pace, police said. The second group immediately notified the golf shop and waited for police to arrive. Based on the description provided, several officers responded and located the man and took him into custody. He had a valid pistol permit, which was seized along with the gun, Steck said. The man was charged with second-degree threatening and breach of peace

http://www.barstools...o-play-through/

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid. Just like the guy who ran over a guy in the group behind him in his golf cart because they hit into his group.

TM SIM2 MAX (Blacked out) Driver 10.5 - GD Black Tour AD Di6 S

TM SIM2 MAX 3W 15 - GD Black Tour AD Di7 S

TM SIM2 MAX 5W 18 - Ventus Blue 7 S or TM SIM2 4 HB 22 Ventus Blue 7 S

Ping I210 4-W Modus 105 S

Cleveland Zipcore RTX6 -50, 54, 58, DG Tour Spinner

Scotty Cameron Newport Select Custom 2015 model

Problem is with guns you don't usually get do-overs. Can't fix stupid is true, a stupid guy cutting me off, a stupid guy throwing a punch at me, a stupid guy shoving me...whatever, I'll live.

Stupid guy with gun is scary. Everyone can make dumb mistakes, some have a lot more finality than others. I'd rather not have to rely on other people being reasonable in every situation. And I'd rather not carry a weapon of death simply because others do

I'm glad people don't carry on the course here. Other countries have their laws and I respect that

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Being from Ireland this gun culture thing is utterly alien to me. I did have a very very heated discussion with two guys from Philadelphia who said they had concealed carry permits and the fact that they weren't allowed to bring them (their weapons) to Ireland infringed on their rights.

I mean WTF??

Don't waste your time talking to Americans, most of us are stupid!!

Look I met the two guys when they ate in our restaurant. Jordan had just won his Masters and I was making small talk with them. They basically said they had zero interest in golf and hunting was their thing. I expressed polite interest (not really having a clue but trying to be a gracious host) in their interests but it quickly escalated into a very heated discussion about how "our laws infringed on his rights" about carrying etc. The whole conversion was becoming awkward so I recommended that we parked it. I'll be a good host and they behave like good guests.

Twas all grand! !

Gun deaths per 100,000

Mexico 7.64 (2014)

I recall hearing that in the UK they mandated that medicines be packaged in those blister wrap things (or whatever they are called) rather than just in a bottle. The suicide rate went down just because of that.

If you are in certain parts of the country you aren't very smart if you don't carry. On our course in Florida we have alligators, water moccasins, rattlers, bob cats, and wild boar.

In other parts of the country you have drunk dumb arses.

I always carry on the course.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

If you are in certain parts of the country you aren't very smart if you don't carry. On our course in Florida we have alligators, water moccasins, rattlers, bob cats, and wild boar.

In other parts of the country you have drunk dumb arses.

I always carry on the course.

You better be a really quick draw and excellent shot to hit a charging gator, striking snake, or sprinting bobcat. You'll pretty much just piss off the boar just before he bites you. It's a whole lot easier and safer for every one around, including nature, if you just avoid the situation in the first place.

I played golf in northern AZ for years and never had a problem with the bobcats, javalinas, or snakes. I play in FL on a course full of poisonous snakes and huge gators. I've never even come close to wishing I had a gun!!

Gun deaths per 100,000

Mexico 7.64 (2014)

Mexico has a more or less total ban on private ownership of guns, and yet their rate is nearly the same as the U.S. Tell us again how a ban on guns will reduce the rate?

Japan has a higher suicide rate than that of the U.S., and again, practically zero privately owned firearms. Sadly, people who are intent on killing themselves will find the means.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Let's ban everything that's ever killed anyone!!!!

Starting with bathtubs. They're the worst.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0