2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @billh17 said:

> Since Sixty showed his retirement headcover,it gave me the prod to show mine. Lets see how many different ones we have in the grille! I have to see if anyone recognizes mine! Sher made it for me.wppoorkjty1a.jpg

>

>

>

I can't think of his name! That ventriloquist guy. The dummies name is Walter! I think hahaha.

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Thanks for the info Fella. Does anyone know if Hybrids are made adjustable now? I know Ping offered color codes

> > on the K15 hybrids but I did not like those. The one lie angle fits all approach doesn't work.

>

> The Callaway Epic hybrid is adjustable for lie. Titleist has their SureFit hosel in some recent hybrids. But strangely, makes no claims to lie adjustment. Despite being able to adjust lie (-.75* to +1.5*) in drivers and fairways.

>

> Included in the K15 score from last year were a couple of hybrids. Tried swatting them, poorly. They were bulbous and ugly creatures. I thought you were co-existing with the G25 H's?

> ____________________

>

> IMHO, golfers that utilize hybrids effectively treat that as intended. Long iron replacements. And swing them with a steeper A of A (i.e. like an iron). My problem has been that I didn't view them as such. Considering them akin to a fairway wood and swung them accordingly. They didn't seem to provide the distance I was seeking, nor consistency of direction. Could spray the G25 all over the place. Then I added the 9 wood (24*) and those tendencies ceased. I hit it straight and with consistency. Likely the most "automatic" club that's in the bag. That could be manipulated by how I grip the club. A 155 - 170 club, depending on whether I choke up or down. Quite versatile. While still providing ample height for stopping shots into the green. In short, everything I was asking a hybrid to do. With a club that better matched the swing I wanted to make. Have not had issues with hitting it out of longish rough either. Beyond the usual occasionally muffed shots. As always, YMMV.

I played with the G25s once so far. Ping made them with a flatter lie angle I think after input from golfers.

They are great looking hybrids with a fairly small footprint. I will play with them again. I will probably have

a battle of the hybrids between my G10s, Rapture V2s and the G25s. For now I'm keeping all 3. Further

testing needed.

BTW, thanks to you and Scomac for the lists of possible adjustable hybrids. I'm not in the market for any but

am curious if anyone is making adjustable hybrids these days. I'm determined to make what I have work rather

than blow more money. Taking the inch off the Raptures was an experiment that has worked thus far. Didn't

want to have someone saw on the G25s just yet as they are new and still pretty, and they may be OK as is

after further testing.

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Found him Bill. It's been a few years since I last watched him........love Walter, LMAO!!!

>

I love technology, find anything you want on the net, and a few things you do not want ?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

What I have noticed with the new software, it has stopped my posting of pictures turning through 90*, I used to put them a photoshop ap to stop them turning, don’t have to now.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well, Shoot (expletive modified). That didn't work out as anticipated. MSU struggled all game playing against TT's suffocating defense. Hats off to them, they played their game and forced MSU to beat them at it. Spartans never could get their transition game going, Tech always beating them down the floor and setting up in position. And could not get the ball into their "bigs" until well into the second half. TT seemed in control of the game the entire way. And that Mooney kid (22 pts.) was a hard-nosed baller. Further, was impressed with TT's head coach. Appears to be a class act.

Disappointed? Absolutely. But it was a good run. Most State fans I communicated with didn't expect them to make it as far as they did. Will have a really good team coming back next year (hopefully returning a healthy Langford to the lineup). The Spartans should be right in the thick of things in the B1G and make another run.

Watching the better team win was "easier" than what took place in the Auburn/Virginia game. Auburn seemingly having the game won until the foul (legitimate). That would have been extraordinarily difficult to deal with. Exhilaration to despair.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Dear DW took me to the driving range this afternoon. Wanted to see if my balance issues would cause potential problems for playing in the league. I'd say all systems are go. Rehearsed the grip of the club a lot, then worked on the smoothness of the swing throughout, trying not to fall over :) I'm noticing a bit of improvement with the 12# weight loss for a balance help, just a tad loss maybe in distance, but accuracy was wonderful .**.**. .**.**.

>

Further with the grip at the range, don't mean to be Hoganesque, but before each shot I made sure to take the time to have fingers totally in place and pressure at the exact spots, or lack of pressure. It really made a difference, never paid as much attention before like that. He said he would recommend practice with the grip 5 minutes a day for a week.

Another thing that helped a lot. When you see someone stand before a shot and simply swing the club back, and forth, back and forth and do it yourself, seems the back swing is so free, so effortless. It's not preparing to hit anything. So I stood up to the ball, not quite at the ball, and did the same thing, back and forth, and felt that soft back swing, and matched it with a soft forward swing, keeping the same grip pressure on the club. Finally stepping up to the ball and using that same follow through to the ball as the simple easy back swing. I realized at some point I had been tightening up so to speak on the follow through, swinging differently and 'hitting' the ball, with the focus being on impact, not on a fluid swing. What a difference it made when the follow through swing matched the back swing as if there were no ball. I know that's fundamental, but it was a good start of season personal couple of fundamentals for me I thought I would share.

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Well, Shoot (expletive modified). That didn't work out as anticipated. MSU struggled all game playing against TT's suffocating defense. Hats off to them, they played their game and forced MSU to beat them at it. Spartans never could get their transition game going, Tech always beating them down the floor and setting up in position. And could not get the ball into their "bigs" until well into the second half. TT seemed in control of the game the entire way. And that Mooney kid (22 pts.) was a hard-nosed baller. Further, was impressed with TT's head coach. Appears to be a class act.

>

> Disappointed? Absolutely. But it was a good run. Most State fans I communicated with didn't expect them to make it as far as they did. Will have a really good team coming back next year (hopefully returning a healthy Langford to the lineup). The Spartans should be right in the thick of things in the B1G and make another run.

>

> Watching the better team win was "easier" than what took place in the Auburn/Virginia game. Auburn seemingly having the game won until the foul (legitimate). That would have been extraordinarily difficult to deal with. Exhilaration to despair.

It was a great run, they have a lot to be proud of. Getting to the final four is an achievement well earned. And they did great representing the B1G.

• Like 2

Excellent Sixty. Nice to read that you had a successful initial foray back to hitting golf balls. You're retired now. Part of that new reality is you can play at golf anytime you choose. Monday - Friday. Taking advantage of the senior discounts and leaving the weekends for the working stiffs.

Really like the simplicity of your back to fundamentals approach. Lot of logic to utilizing the free and easy practice swings prior to stepping up and hitting the ball. Certainly something I forget about doing when whacking ball after ball at the range. Have a tendency to abbreviate my follow through all to often. And that causes a lack or full extension during the swing. Copy/pasted for future reference the next time out. More than occasionally, it's the basic and easily correctable swing things that get lost in translation while attempting to hit the ball for realz.

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Excellent Sixty. Nice to read that you had a successful initial foray back to hitting golf balls. You're retired now. Part of that new reality is you can play at golf anytime you choose. Monday - Friday. Taking advantage of the senior discounts and leaving the weekends for the working stiffs.

>

> Really like the simplicity of your back to fundamentals approach. Lot of logic to utilizing the free and easy practice swings prior to stepping up and hitting the ball. Certainly something I forget about doing when whacking ball after ball at the range. Have a tendency to abbreviate my follow through all to often. And that causes a lack or full extension during the swing. Copy/pasted for future reference the next time out. More than occasionally, it's the basic and easily correctable swing things that get lost in translation while attempting to hit the ball for realz.

I always thought I had a long follow through untill I filmed it using my net in the garden, then I realised how stilted it was. Tried since then to loosen up not easy when I have been playing like an ice stick all this time. I can now feel when it is tightening up which is a start.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> Noticed the one month tag has gone from the edit function, hopefully more changes to come.

I just got off the classics forum trying to talk one of the guys into not quitting WRX. Is is disgusted with the way the forum is working now. Fella will know who he is it is Nomad Golfer

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

I told you guys I would report back on my round yesterday so here are the ugly results no excuses. 92 thats 8 strokes worse than I finished cap wise last year. I had a 4 putt for double, two triples, and more doubles. I didn't think I would break 100 for a while there. Lotta work to be done, The season is young.

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Always believed that musicians chose to play a well worn instrument because it has a quality of sound that can only be achieved by having an exponentially large number of notes played on it. Not by artificial creation of the "look". Style without substance.

Ever get a good look at Willie Nelson's Guitar. I had 5th row center stage seats when he played at the state fair 30 some years ago it looked like it had termites. Sounded wonderful though.

• Like 2

My contribution to the sports discussion. Based on the collective gnashing of teeth in these parts that has been ongoing all month over the plight of the Leafs (NHL) and the deplorable state of the Jays, I'm very happy that I have other diversions whether considered fringe or otherwise.

Canada's representative, the Kevin Koe rink out of Calgary have made it into the gold medal game of the Men's Worlds this afternoon versus defending champion, Niklas Edin of Sweden. Hope this link works...

[https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695](https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695 "https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695")

Can't really state just how rare a shot like this is. Definitely the throw of the tournament and one that will go down in curling lore should the Canadians succeed in coming home with the gold. I give them a 50:50 chance.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It is going to be a nice day,just a chance of light showers later on. Normally,I do not playon the weekends,but today I may make an exception. I need to work on my short game,try to get my groove back !

Walter is correct on the dummy head cover. Sher found the miniature image, and attached it to an old fashioned winter wool sock,and told me when I hit a bad tee with the driver,I could blame it on the dummy. Poor Walter has received some blistering comments in his time !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Noticed the one month tag has gone from the edit function, hopefully more changes to come.

>

> I just got off the classics forum trying to talk one of the guys into not quitting WRX. Is is disgusted with the way the forum is working now. Fella will know who he is it is Nomad Golfer

Not really bad just different, at least they seem to be taking notice of the issues.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> My contribution to the sports discussion. Based on the collective gnashing of teeth in these parts that has been ongoing all month over the plight of the Leafs (NHL) and the deplorable state of the Jays, I'm very happy that I have other diversions whether considered fringe or otherwise.

>

> Canada's representative, the Kevin Koe rink out of Calgary have made it into the gold medal game of the Men's Worlds this afternoon versus defending champion, Niklas Edin of Sweden. Hope this link works...

>

> [https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695](https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695 "https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695")

>

> Can't really state just how rare a shot like this is. Definitely the throw of the tournament and one that will go down in curling lore should the Canadians succeed in coming home with the gold. I give them a 50:50 chance.

Could not have asked for a better result.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

If score were a life and death matter yesterday, little white crosses would have been planted all over the place - lol. Let's describe hole#1, a microcosm of the entire round. Par 5. Very respectable drive. Nice 5-wood hoping to leave it on a good lie about 125 out. So far so good. Opt for a 9 iron versus nuking a wedge. FAT!!! From short of the green a simple 53* pitch. THIN!!! Now behind the green. CHUNK!!! Texas wedge rolls 15' short. Potential opening birdie turns into a snowman. Note to self: Reason, please go work more on your game from 125 and in - especially basics pitching and chipping.

Did manage to card two birdies and a couple of pars. So there's hope despite 7 of the 18 holes collectively were enough to add at least 15 totally blown strokes all with wedge in-hand. (There's always next time!). So glad spring is finally here.

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> I told you guys I would report back on my round yesterday so here are the ugly results no excuses. 92 thats 8 strokes worse than I finished cap wise last year. I had a 4 putt for double, two triples, and more doubles. I didn't think I would break 100 for a while there. Lotta work to be done, The season is young.

Wouldn't take to much from early season golf. The muscles are not yet in golf shape. The swing is rusty. Grass just beginning to grow. Courses still rough from the winter. Greens not yet rolled and cut, so a bumpy roll on putts. Many reasons (excuses?) for less than satisfactory results. A 92 this early is respectable. Hel(l), I've been OK with a 92 in mid-season. The season is indeed young. My m.o. is not to place to much credence with how I play until around May 1st.

Except this year, might be more like June. Can't seem to get the season off and running yet. We've not had that great of weather yet, and my timing has been off when it's been half way decent. Tomorrow is the only day in the upcoming week that looks favorable. May try and run up to the nearby goat track tomorrow and play at least a shoot and scoot 9. Went by there yesterday and saw quite a few people out.

Yeah, Willie's guitar is one that comes to mind whenever one thinks of a well seasoned instrument that's seen a lot of the road. Plus, likely well lacquered with "smoke" haze.

• Like 2

So I took Mr. Hybrid out yesterday. It's a 24* doodad about as long as my 5 iron. Never really found the shot for it until the last hole when my drive ended up in a right bunker. Hand to clear a knee high lip with a long way to go to get home. Opted to play it in order to a) clear the lip, and b) advance it downrange enough to still have a shot at par or bird. Hit it to 120. Only made two birds all day and that was one of them. Was that a fair and full test of hybrids? NOPE! LMAO, I should have chipped and pitched with it. Might have picked up 10 strokes!

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> If score were a life and death matter yesterday, little white crosses would have been planted all over the place - lol. Let's describe hole#1, a microcosm of the entire round. Par 5. Very respectable drive. Nice 5-wood hoping to leave it on a good lie about 125 out. So far so good. Opt for a 9 iron versus nuking a wedge. FAT!!! From short of the green a simple 53* pitch. THIN!!! Now behind the green. CHUNK!!! Texas wedge rolls 15' short. Potential opening birdie turns into a snowman. Note to self: Reason, please go work more on your game from 125 and in - especially basics pitching and chipping.

>

> Did manage to card two birdies and a couple of pars. So there's hope despite 7 of the 18 holes collectively were enough to add at least 15 totally blown strokes all with wedge in-hand. (There's always next time!). So glad spring is finally here.

HA!! Certainly can empathize with what took place on #1. Couple of good shots (the hard part) to around the green. Then just brutalizing the short shots (the easy part). And walk off the green shaking one's head mumbling something to the affect....."WTF was that?" Shudder. And for some reason, always seems to happen on the "easier" holes after a quality shot immediately prior. Occurring early in the round, takes me a couple of holes to cool down. Hopes dashed before hardly getting started. Late, I'll just say **** it, lets get this **** over. I need a drink.

Next time will be different.

• Like 2

Congrats to the Spartans on a purely fantastic season. Auburn, too. Hate seeing a great season ending game shrouded in arguable officiating, but it's a fast moving team sport. With that comes the fact great play is still great play regardless of good and bad breaks. Now as to who wins the final? Sheeze! The game has moved from drawing fouls inside the paint to more of fast transition and then working it out on the perimeter. I notice coaches seem to exhaust their players figuring TV timeouts are all the rest their athletes need. Those boys get gassed out there, big time. Shot percentages tank when they're that worn out. Maybe the winning team manages the paint and time-outs a little better?

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Noticed the one month tag has gone from the edit function, hopefully more changes to come.

>

> I just got off the classics forum trying to talk one of the guys into not quitting WRX. Is is disgusted with the way the forum is working now. Fella will know who he is it is Nomad Golfer

Heck, ask him to park in the Grille for a spell. If these good souls can't restore his faith in humanity it can't be done! One thing I've learned on-line, probabaly the hard way. I can try to be a friend. But like golf, that's all I can do. If someone else isn't responding to that effort then either I'm doing a lousy job of being friendly, they are, or we're both failing. Guess what it comes down to is I mess up. But the spirit of fellowship seems to prevail even when I do. For those not wanting or appreciating what that means, I can't MAKE them see it my way so if/when it's over, it's over. Gave it my best shot.

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Noticed the one month tag has gone from the edit function, hopefully more changes to come.

> >

> > I just got off the classics forum trying to talk one of the guys into not quitting WRX. Is is disgusted with the way the forum is working now. Fella will know who he is it is Nomad Golfer

>

> Not really bad just different, at least they seem to be taking notice of the issues.

Oh yeah I will give the staff of WRX credit for working on it---- At work they have installed a new system and they are really having trouble dealing with the mess. It does and does not affect me. I do get some funny printed Bills of Lading but I contribute that to SOP with our company of folks in the office having their head you know where and NOT paying attention. Which I basically run my own program anyhow as to what I do. Good example got a BOL last week that had whom the material was sold to which is in Kentucky but it also had me delivering it to KY which I knew was wrong. They have only corporate offices in KY. I delivered to Darlington SC as is my SOP. Besides I know our customer's contract coding system and can tell by their contract numbers whether the load delivers in Darlington , Berkeley (Charleston SC) or Charlotte NC

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> So I took Mr. Hybrid out yesterday. It's a 24* doodad about as long as my 5 iron. Never really found the shot for it until the last hole when my drive ended up in a right bunker. Hand to clear a knee high lip with a long way to go to get home. Opted to play it in order to a) clear the lip, and b) advance it downrange enough to still have a shot at par or bird. Hit it to 120. Only made two birds all day and that was one of them. Was that a fair and full test of hybrids? NOPE! LMAO, I should have chipped and pitched with it. Might have picked up 10 strokes!

I am still working on the chipping part with mine. What is hard for me to get used to is the hot face on mine. I can tone it down some by toe chipping but can not predict the roll out yet. I measured mine by manual protractor and it is 24*. I know it is one hot faced little monster . I know I can hit a low cut with it that runs like stink. Hit a low hook last week with it off a hardpan lie that really screamed went about 75 yards further than I thought it would which is a good thing in that case

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > Always believed that musicians chose to play a well worn instrument because it has a quality of sound that can only be achieved by having an exponentially large number of notes played on it. Not by artificial creation of the "look". Style without substance.

>

> Ever get a good look at Willie Nelson's Guitar. I had 5th row center stage seats when he played at the state fair 30 some years ago it looked like it had termites. Sounded wonderful though.

>

He ain't wrong he's just different, but his pride won't let him, do things to make you think he's right... that's Willy

What a sweet video. That guitar has a soul of its own, and it can sing solos, or it can be a choir, but I think it's at its happiest when you're not looking at it, just hearing it speak beautiful tunes and not asking where they are coming from...as it aged it didn't lose anything but youthful inexperience, and gained the destiny of respect which would cause even players of the Stradivarius to step aside if they were in the same field of music.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> My contribution to the sports discussion. Based on the collective gnashing of teeth in these parts that has been ongoing all month over the plight of the Leafs (NHL) and the deplorable state of the Jays, I'm very happy that I have other diversions whether considered fringe or otherwise.

>

> Canada's representative, the Kevin Koe rink out of Calgary have made it into the gold medal game of the Men's Worlds this afternoon versus defending champion, Niklas Edin of Sweden. Hope this link works...

>

> [https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695](https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695 "https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695")

>

> Can't really state just how rare a shot like this is. Definitely the throw of the tournament and one that will go down in curling lore should the Canadians succeed in coming home with the gold. I give them a 50:50 chance.

That was fabulous, how much of it was attributed to the sweeper, and how much was just pure talent of Koe? Amazing taking out 4 rocks with one throw...

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > My contribution to the sports discussion. Based on the collective gnashing of teeth in these parts that has been ongoing all month over the plight of the Leafs (NHL) and the deplorable state of the Jays, I'm very happy that I have other diversions whether considered fringe or otherwise.

> >

> > Canada's representative, the Kevin Koe rink out of Calgary have made it into the gold medal game of the Men's Worlds this afternoon versus defending champion, Niklas Edin of Sweden. Hope this link works...

> >

> > [https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695](https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695 "https://tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-koe-makes-sensational-quad-takeout-against-switzerland~1654695")

> >

> > Can't really state just how rare a shot like this is. Definitely the throw of the tournament and one that will go down in curling lore should the Canadians succeed in coming home with the gold. I give them a 50:50 chance.

>

> That was fabulous, how much of it was attributed to the sweeper, and how much was just pure talent of Koe? Amazing taking out 4 rocks with one throw...

Not sure how to answer that question. There might be four people on the whole planet that could make that shot and one of them is a woman!

First of all the geometry has to be just so to make it even possible. Then you've got to hit the front rock at the precise spot to start the chain reaction. There may not be more than a quarter inch to spare either way to make it. That's a pretty small target at 160' when throwing a 44# rock at that kind of weight. It's deceptively hard as the camera almost slows it down. I think one of the reasons that Koe excells in takeout is the fact that he throws old school by picking up the rock. You don't have to kick out nearly as hard to throw with weight when swinging a rock like that, but your timing and balance has to be perfect otherwise you would face-plant! The advantage of Koe's style is that he can be more accurate with the delivery because he doesn't have to kick out so hard, but it's a harder method to master and isn't taught anymore at the junior (or senior) levels.

On a shot like that the sweeper's job is to hold the rock straight because they aren't brooming for any curl. He's throwing a bullet. I couldn't even keep up to that shot running it's moving so fast. If you go back and watch it again, Ben Hebert is sliding with the rock. It's the only way to do it. Just try and keep your balance with all your weight forward on the broom like that while sliding! The sweeping is more integral on soft shots and touch shots as two good sweepers can do amazing things with a rock. They can drag it 12 feet further; hold it straight to get by a guard or make the rock curl in order for the shot to finish.

Considering that Hebert swept that shot the entire way the success was probably 2/3 Koe:1/3 Hebert, but that's just a guess on my part. Good sweeping can't fix a bad throw, but they can be the difference between making and failing on a lot of touch shots and draws. I was told by a fellow curler who has a relative at the national level that two elite level sweepers could make it so that a club curler could never get the rock into the house. They could sweep it through every time even if the weight out of the hand was perfect! Once you started to take weight off the shot they would simply let it die just short on purpose.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)