Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

@ Scomac

Yep, I am on my 2nd set,the only difference being I now have graphite shafts. General ballflight did not change, but my elbow and wrists thanked me ! From what I have been told,the big thing with these is that the head weight,swing weight,adb,moi,hjg, and all the other high tech stuff is the same from club to club. This aligns with Whishon's thoughts that the big

determination in distance is loft of club. Rather simply put by me, he is a lot more in depth.All I know ,man, is the clubs are the same length,and weight,grips the same,and i am finallylearning to do what needs to be done...all swings are the same,no matter the iron. Me hittinga 5 iron,that stays straight,gains altitude,and lands down the way is a huge improvement for this old man.Convincing myself to make the same swing with a wedge from 110 that i make with a 6i from 160, well,lets say it took some work. Really,the F7's should

be so cheap now that you could get a set at not a huge cost.May be great for ya...may not be.

but i do know i love them,and i do like the graphite shafts absorbing the jolts !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @Conrad1953 said:

> This site is working well enough for us to carry on here in the Grille. I'm taking the view that things will only

> get better as they move along with this upgrade. I'm also taking the view that my golf game will only get

> better as I move along. Now that's some dam wishful thinking, lol.............but what's the alternative?

>

> We hear it over and over......we're gonna get shorter, blah, blah ,blah but we also hear one thing we can do

> that will mitigate the decline..............develop deadly short games...................I guess I got some work to do!

>

I have to agree with yo Conrad. I wish i had know long ago that working on the short game would help so much. I wish i had started to devote my time to it 40 years ago !

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @Conrad1953 said:

> After all the years I listened to Hank Haney on the radio................I got it drilled into me the 3 simple things for us

> ams to lower scores............

>

> Eliminate penalties--------------------------------------------keep tee shots in play....and approaches in play

>

> Eliminate "2" chips---------------------------first order of business when chipping and pitching.........get the ball on the green

>

> Eliminate 3 putts----------------------------get better at lag putting

>

> He said to count how many shots you lose each round due to these 3 things. These should be the primary focus.

>

> I can't disagree with him either. IMO, he's right on the money.

Yea, we're pretty much demonstrating his point in living color! Lol! I can't speak for others with certainty but I know I'm a believer.

Will share this much for convo purposes. Some may disagree which is perfectly fine.

When it comes to fuller swings involving sticks-shots NOT on or right around the greens... IMHO almost any golfer finds "some" thing or things to do his own watusi. He hangs his hat on at least something ranging from grip-it-rip-it to whatever it may be he relates to. The point being he at least he does purposeful "things" he comes to trust and then improves with the right brand of practice.

Putting: Exact same applies.

Now so far, I'd bet that with a little PURPOSEFUL practice - rather than mindlessly raking balls at ourselves and getting nowhere... my bet is everyone WILL improve - noticeably so. Why? Cause be it trust in, or acceptance of, or surrender to whatever it is we believe, then so long as we manage expectations and put in at least some effort, we tend to get exactly what we're looking for!

Pitching/chipping/bunker play: THIS one is a little different in my worthless opine.

Every single shot is so unique! Conditions, lie, type of turf, short-sided, not short-sided.... ball back, ball forward... choke-down, stand taller... almost any club in the bag "could" work versus only one logical choice. To add or not to add lead tape. Where to try and land it... what trajectory....

This one, IMHO, is a test of creativity wrapped in pure confidence all made or broken by investing time simply trying different shots from all sorts of lies with all sorts of sticks. LMAO, this golfer sees that one in the same light as how one gets to Carnegie Hall. And "no", I clearly haven't practiced - practiced - practiced enough yet this season. Sure need to, though!

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

>

> > @Reasonability said:

> So all in all... I honestly enjoy you guys and just as honestly I don't expect much in terms of being very well regarded amongst the

> > Another famous Reason Rant is herby over.

> So you are well regarded here, what else doth maketh a difference? To thine own self be true, and whatsoever be Reasonable, and so forth, and stuff...

>

You nailed it my friend. Sort of fits into the whole notion of acceptance that my perceptions are just that - perception. WRX team perceptions... there are things that "seem" pretty clear but again it really changes nothing at the end of the day either way.

Lol, one thing is pretty clear. The new format is going to proceed down a path that ultimately may - or - may not - make Grillesters feel quite as proud as they do today. MAYBE! Maybe not. From my seat, changes in the format are taken light-heartedly. For sure, no one in charge is going to ask my opine and so long as we get to continue, it's all good.

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> After all the years I listened to Hank Haney on the radio................I got it drilled into me the 3 simple things for us

> ams to lower scores............

>

> Eliminate penalties--------------------------------------------keep tee shots in play....and approaches in play

>

> Eliminate "2" chips---------------------------first order of business when chipping and pitching.........get the ball on the green

>

> Eliminate 3 putts----------------------------get better at lag putting

>

> He said to count how many shots you lose each round due to these 3 things. These should be the primary focus.

>

> I can't disagree with him either. IMO, he's right on the money.

This is so true Rad. Amazing how we want the cures for our woes to be so profound when in fact they are so evident that we don't see them. I watched the kids in the drive/chip/putt contest, and they were so good, but their mistakes were the same as mine, meaning they will learn from them and I haven't. So what you point out is what keeps us from playing consistent good golf if we just put it into action. Bravo

• Like 2

In essence, all that is needed here, in THIS thread, is a venue to communicate with one another. Openly, willingly, absent of concern with retribution. Exactly as we have we've done prior, and will continue to do moving forward. We can still place words into a text box. To be read and commented on by others. Formats, styles, etc. are but a meaningless trifle. Despite grousing about change to the the contrary. We still have the means to read what someone else has taken the time to compose. Reflect upon it. Offer our commentary as response. And realize a laugh or two, a better understanding on a subject, reveal something of ourselves along the way.

That's the only thing that matters.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> In essence, all that is needed here, in THIS thread, is a venue to communicate with one another. Openly, willingly, absent of concern with retribution. Exactly as we have we've done prior, and will continue to do moving forward. We can still place words into a text box. To be read and commented on by others. Formats, styles, etc. are but a meaningless trifle. Despite grousing about change to the the contrary. We still have the means to read what someone else has taken the time to compose. Reflect upon it. Offer our commentary as response. And realize a laugh or two, a better understanding on a subject, reveal something of ourselves along the way.

>

> That's the only thing that matters.

Well said Fella, that's what the Grille is...

• Like 2

nice day out there. Beautiful sunshine,warm temps., on the course. Sher got tired after 9and drove the cart. The prov1x i found made just as big a splash in the pond as the Maxfli.

Must be something in there to think about! Played the back 9 with 6i thru GW ...no driver

no hybrid. actually enjoyed the round !

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> nice day out there. Beautiful sunshine,warm temps., on the course. Sher got tired after 9and drove the cart. The prov1x i found made just as big a splash in the pond as the Maxfli.

> Must be something in there to think about! Played the back 9 with 6i thru GW ...no driver

> no hybrid. actually enjoyed the round !

What? No driver? How could you enjoy a round without letting the big dog eat? That's sacrilege! :wink:

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > nice day out there. Beautiful sunshine,warm temps., on the course. Sher got tired after 9and drove the cart. The prov1x i found made just as big a splash in the pond as the Maxfli.

> > Must be something in there to think about! Played the back 9 with 6i thru GW ...no driver

> > no hybrid. actually enjoyed the round !

>

> What? No driver? How could you enjoy a round without letting the big dog eat? That's sacrilege! :wink:

LOL My big dog has been acting like a scared puppy, ! Like a young Beagle turned

loose in a field full of rabbit holes ! Doesn't know which way to go !

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @Fellaheen51 said:

>

test

>

>

test

>

> Playing around with Markdown syntax. Did something, don't understand the purpose. There were no reference points to pre-determine what the output would look like.

>

> Don't want to use any of this Markdown stuff. Don't want to remember key stoke sequences to make something happen with text formatting. Sorta reminds me of BITD when I first started using a computer. Trying to configure and remember how to use MS-DOS commands. Every character having to be exact in order to run a function. This text layout methodology frankly suck(s) big time. Straight outta 1995. If this is the new permanence, then what were they thinking? Still cannot determine if markdown will change font size or type. Add color to text. Cannot even do the most basic thing like add two spaces after a period (as learned in 9th grade typing class). This has such an inferior, antiquated appearance to it. Hel(l), they can't even keep a background color scheme operational. Come on, how difficult can that coding be?

>

> Please, someone explain to me how this is an improvement from what preceded it. Easyyy (or was it his counterpart) mentioned elsewhere about the possible need for a tutorial. I don't know if he was being facetious. But yeah, you're pushing this site into the realm of needing one to understand the new system's functionality. Just want to go on a website (any website) and read, find the information I'm after, interact. DO NOT make me perform website gymnastics on my part to engage.

>

> Signed,

>

> Trying to remain optimistic, but my patience is being tested.

>

> Edit add: Not wishing to come across as overly dramatic. But I'm beginning to get a sense (reading elsewhere) that they have something of a mess on their hands that wasn't anticipated.

Son is head programmer in a medical facility and I was talking to him last night about both of your points.

Markdown is old technology but somehow many of these old things are now new again and once again being used. The what’s old is new again syndrome. He is not altogether against it as there are only a few applications that we would use in our normal golf blog.

The problems with the golf site should have been anticipated, the change over was a far greater job than they realised. When he looked at the size of WRX he was surprised the data was copied over so quickly, and said it needs a large dedicated IT group to make it work in a short time frame.

Go figure.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> >

> > **Trying to remain optimistic, but my patience is being tested.**

> >

> > Edit add: Not wishing to come across as overly dramatic. But I'm beginning to get a sense (reading elsewhere) that they have something of a mess on their hands that wasn't anticipated.

>

> Pardon my chuckle, but this is highly reminiscent of the situation that DW was dealing with at work when a bunch of IT geeks convinced the beancounters that run the finances for the hospital that they could save mucho dinero by automating and that cross-compatibility was not only possible between systems , but would be a piece of cake. As you can imagine, the reality was much different than the promise leaving all the users to struggle to get the system to work while the geeks spent months debugging.

>

> The good news is that this too shall pass, but it might seem for some like its a kidney stone. :lol:

>

>

My son’s employers own several facilities world wide and as they purchased them they allowed them to keep their own systems. I may have posted this before but they now want the whole business on the same dedicated system that is going to be developed by their own team.

5years, 50 IT staff, this includes those dedicated to gathering the information and developing the new systems, $ 40,000,000 budget.

So WRX has possibly underestimated the size of the job.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> In essence, all that is needed here, in THIS thread, is a venue to communicate with one another. Openly, willingly, absent of concern with retribution. Exactly as we have we've done prior, and will continue to do moving forward. We can still place words into a text box. To be read and commented on by others. Formats, styles, etc. are but a meaningless trifle. Despite grousing about change to the the contrary. We still have the means to read what someone else has taken the time to compose. Reflect upon it. Offer our commentary as response. And realize a laugh or two, a better understanding on a subject, reveal something of ourselves along the way.

>

> That's the only thing that matters.

Totally agree, that’s what makes this place special.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Well it was a beautiful day here. I trimmed the hedges that surround our back yard. I did it in increments, in between water breaks and rests to listen to the birds. Not an easy task with foot drop, only fell off the ladder once, which was a great victory for me, yay... B)

Welcome to the good and bad of retirement, messing about doing chores at a leasurely pace, falling over sometimes, getting up without a care then enjoying a smile and a drink.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Good stuff posted by you guys today.

I guess I am easy to please, cause the site seems fine to me, as long as I can read and post, I'm good.

Rad posted pearls of wisdom (common sense really) on how to lower scores. Note to self remember those.

Was off work today and played 18 holes of wolf with 5 other guys. We played 2 on four, birdie counts double. Was the wolf on number one, made par, but a opponent ran in a birdie putt to beat me and the poor guy I drug along. I did get revenge 2 holes later when the same birdie making guy was wolf. I made a six footer for bird, to even us up. Ended up shooting +14 for 18, and winning a whopping 50 cents. Whoo Hoo!

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> Good stuff posted by you guys today.

> I guess I am easy to please, cause the site seems fine to me, as long as I can read and post, I'm good.

> Rad posted pearls of wisdom (common sense really) on how to lower scores. Note to self remember those.

> Was off work today and played 18 holes of wolf with 5 other guys. We played 2 on four, birdie counts double. Was the wolf on number one, made par, but a opponent ran in a birdie putt to beat me and the poor guy I drug along. I did get revenge 2 holes later when the same birdie making guy was wolf. I made a six footer for bird, to even us up. Ended up shooting +14 for 18, and winning a whopping 50 cents. Whoo Hoo!

Nice Bic! Sounds like you play for the same hi stakes that we do. :)

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @BicknellCC said:

> Good stuff posted by you guys today.

> I guess I am easy to please, cause the site seems fine to me, as long as I can read and post, I'm good.

> Rad posted pearls of wisdom (common sense really) on how to lower scores. Note to self remember those.

> Was off work today and played 18 holes of wolf with 5 other guys. We played 2 on four, birdie counts double. Was the wolf on number one, made par, but a opponent ran in a birdie putt to beat me and the poor guy I drug along. I did get revenge 2 holes later when the same birdie making guy was wolf. I made a six footer for bird, to even us up. Ended up shooting +14 for 18, and winning a whopping 50 cents. Whoo Hoo!

Have you decided yet how you are going to spend the winnings.

Rad always post pearls of wisdom, Reasy always gives good lessons.

Stu keeps us all in check.

And the rest of us trot along enjoying life.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Does anyone notice if they get many more scam phone calls than previously? We get them constantly. One said my social security number was compromised. Others equally ridiculous, but I can see how people will react and give these crooks all the information they want. We got a new phone outfit, with so many different features. It has a call block button. It's been aggravating to rush to see the call source and block further calls.

Progress?

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> Does anyone notice if they get many more scam phone calls than previously? We get them constantly. One said my social security number was compromised. Others equally ridiculous, but I can see how people will react and give these crooks all the information they want. We got a new phone outfit, with so many different features. It has a call block button. It's been aggravating to rush to see the call source and block further calls.

> Progress?

>

Two ways of dealing with them.

1. Hang up as soon as they speak and you are unsure, if it is valid there is always a way to check

2. Keep them talking for a long time without giving any information, keeps them from troubling others.

A relative of mine used to invite the preacher types that door knock, keep them in the house chatting about nothing for a good hour then tell them goodbye I have stopped you bothering others.

We also have a do not call register in Australia, if your name is on that they will be fined for cold calling.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

If the caller is not in my contact list, rarely answer the call. If it's legitimate, they'll leave a voice message. Out-of-state and unknown get a "decline" immediately. Very annoying. Gotten so I sorta recognize scammer calls by the phone number and/or origination. I've given up on adding "blocks" to calls. Numbers literally in the hundreds by now. Problem is pervasive. Whatever became of the National Do-Not-Call Registry?

The one I chuckle at is ,"This is the IRS and we will be issuing a warrant for your arrest if you do not call this number back immediately." Yeah right, that's how the taxman handles such things.

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> Does anyone notice if they get many more scam phone calls than previously? We get them constantly. One said my social security number was compromised. Others equally ridiculous, but I can see how people will react and give these crooks all the information they want. We got a new phone outfit, with so many different features. It has a call block button. It's been aggravating to rush to see the call source and block further calls.

> Progress?

>

Wriggs,

no more than we have in the past, get more on my cell phone though.

We have verbal caller ID on the home phone that announces the number dialing in and don't answer if we don't recognize it. Sometimes it gives the last name or business name somehow. Most people we know call our cells anymore. My mom, and a few people from church are the only folks left that call our land line.

I get the, important info about my credit card, and you have won a all expense paid trip on my cell quite often. The best one was a guy who told me I had won the Publishers Clearing house, random cell phone number drawing, and all I had to do was answer a few simple questions. That was the only one I strung along a while, guess I was bored. He told me that representitives were in route to my house with my new Ford F 150 4wd, 250,000 in cash, and a check for $7,000,000. Funny thing, he didn't know my name or address. I finally hung up on him without revealing anything personal, and googled his area code. Never knew Publishers was based out of Jamaica. I'd guess he was setting me up for identity theft. I have heard that the you've won big ploy works well, because some folks want to believe it's true so bad, they take a chance, and hand over their info.

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > Does anyone notice if they get many more scam phone calls than previously? We get them constantly. One said my social security number was compromised. Others equally ridiculous, but I can see how people will react and give these crooks all the information they want. We got a new phone outfit, with so many different features. It has a call block button. It's been aggravating to rush to see the call source and block further calls.

> > Progress?

> >

> Wriggs,

> no more than we have in the past, get more on my cell phone though.

> We have verbal caller ID on the home phone that announces the number dialing in and don't answer if we don't recognize it. Sometimes it gives the last name or business name somehow. Most people we know call our cells anymore.

I do this on my cell, just go into Settings, Phone, Announce Calls, and Forever. That way you will know if it's someone you know. (sorry, I guess that's pretty elementary)

Yes I've been getting a lot lately. I've blocked the ones that I don't know, but they seem to call back the next day sort of what Fella is saying, you just want to give up blocking. Their computer seems to know you do this, it uses the next number up that they have, they must have a 'block'of numbers they call from. Just once I'd like to start calling these people in the middle of the night. At least I can tell where the calls are coming from and I don't answer them, still it's a pain. They must be successful selling something to someone, otherwise they wouldn't exist, that's sad...

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> If the caller is not in my contact list, rarely answer the call. If it's legitimate, they'll leave a voice message. Out-of-state and unknown get a "decline" immediately. Very annoying. Gotten so I sorta recognize scammer calls by the phone number and/or origination. I've given up on adding "blocks" to calls. Numbers literally in the hundreds by now. Problem is pervasive. Whatever became of the National Do-Not-Call Registry?

>

> The one I chuckle at is ,"This is the IRS and we will be issuing a warrant for your arrest if you do not call this number back immediately." Yeah right, that's how the taxman handles such things.

SOP at our house too. If I don't recognize the number I don't pick up; leave a message.

I don't bother with blocking numbers or do not call registries as neither are effective IMO. The scammers seem to have effective work-arounds.

I rarely used to give out my cell number, but that has become the primary one now. It's only in the past year that I've been getting crank calls on that including the infamous IRS/CRA you're going to jail calls. Most of the time I just use the call answering option as a screening devise.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Believe @scomac2002 and @Reasonability have removed grips with air. I've tried, but never have had much success. Mentioned before, if the grip was installed with air, seems to come off easier than one with tape and solvent. Plus, certain grips seem to "pop" loose easier than others. A more flexible GP Tour Wrap releases better than a stiffer GP NDMC for instance. Try and get some solvent inside the grip before you start. Some have mentioned using a syringe to inject solvent into the grip. But I don't need needles around the work bench (recipe for inflicting injury). By the time I dig out out the air compressor, get it aired up, then fooling around trying to get the grip to release, I'm better off using my trusty grip removal tool. What grip(s) are you wanting to remove?

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Ok, who has removed a grip from a club using air, I know we have discussed this before? Tips/Tricks/Cautions/Pieces of Cake/Do it-Don't Do its?

1. put lips around end of grip, make sure the hole in the end is clear.

2. Blow hard till the grip starts to balloon.

3. Still blowing through the gaps in your teeth, firmly clamp teeth on to the end of the grip.

4. Still holding with teeth take the shaft below the grip firmly in both hands.

5. Pull very quickly to remove grip.

You’re welcome.

Note: Do not try this method if you wear dentures as you may pull them out, in this instance seek help from a friend.

?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I get the junk callers down here also. The IRS one must be world wide. The one yesterday

was supposedly from an attorney and I was being sued because of something or other. Never did hear why,guess I hung up too soon. The one I hear the most of recently is from the Pittsburgh area code . Others from Cleveland mostly.

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)