Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Fantastic day here. Bright sunshine,no clouds,and a balmy 68 degrees. It was such a beautiful day on the course i didn't care what i shot. Nothing spectacular,but nothing terrible either. Nice day for golf. The whole gang was there. We played as a group since the course was almost empty, as we teed off at 2:30. A group of two fours, all of us have been friends since we were in Little League baseball at the age of 6.

I have never seen an argument between any one in the group in all those years. I just turned 73,and there are three more who have a birthday in the next two months,and then there is the one that we have called JC since we all started the first grade. He was born on Christmas .. Kids.

Folks, it dont get no better than lifelong friends,nice weather,and a nice course. Perfect.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Bill sounds like you had a good time--- Believe it or not we have had record setting high temps for this area last week. This morning is cool and a little windy. In fact I am enjoying my coffee and typing on here sitting on my screened porch. we are teeing off at 9:00.

On WRX news this morning I am having problems giving likes and I have not been on here enough to be "Tooled". Also to get back to the main forum list I have had to go to "Home" and to forums from there--- I guess we are having glitches again since they said they have done some more programming. Or it could be my windows 10 on this new computer. I know the guy that heads up the A/V dept at my church says Apple is the way to go that people have had problems with Windows 10.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > @scotee said:

> > > > What's with the tiny and misplaced emojis?

> > >

> > > It's an improvement... :confounded:

> >

> > Changes are slowly finding their way in.

> >

> >

> > If you're in a race, and you pass the guy in second place, what place are you in?

> >

> >

> > **Palindrome** (in this case a sequence of letters that can be read both directions)

> > A man, a plan, a canal, Panama

> > Was it a car or a cat I saw?

> > Never odd or even.

> > Do geese see God?

> > A nut for a jar of tuna.

> > Cigar? Toss it in a can. It is so tragic.

> > Go hang a salami. I'm a lasagna hog

> > Meet animals; laminate 'em

> > Red rum, sir, is murder

> > Swap God for a janitor? Rot in a jar of dog paws

>

> When I lived in the upstate of SC my phone number was like that 487-4784 so palidrome is the word for it

Yep, I guess you could dial that forever. Good thing is, maybe you avoided some annoying robocalls

I texted our oldest daughter on the morning of 9-19-19 and said at 9:19 and 19 seconds it will be 9:19:19 on 9/19/19 so she said isn't that a palindrome?

I guess in a way it was since there are variations to it.

If you play 18 holes and get an 81.... 18/81

Good to see you back Stu, hope you get the computer issues fixed, Windows 10 has been quirky for me too. They should've stopped at about 7

• Like 2

@ Stu: I have been watching the spread of the heat wave, We had 12 straight days with the temperature above 89..mostly in the 92/94 range and the humidity/dew point a little higher each day. It was miserable for the younger ones who have never done without A/C !

I wouldn't tell them,but it wan't fun for us older gents too !We have gone, in 24 hours from record heat for October,to mid-Autumn with it now sitting at 46 ! The bushy-tailed rodents are grabbing every acorn/hickory nut they can which has me thinking they expect a long snowy winter !

Oh well, it is only a tad over 5 months until spring !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Bill sounds like you had a good time--- Believe it or not we have had record setting high temps for this area last week. This morning is cool and a little windy. In fact I am enjoying my coffee and typing on here sitting on my screened porch. we are teeing off at 9:00.

> On WRX news this morning I am having problems giving likes and I have not been on here enough to be "Tooled". Also to get back to the main forum list I have had to go to "Home" and to forums from there--- I guess we are having glitches again since they said they have done some more programming. Or it could be my windows 10 on this new computer. **I know the guy that heads up the A/V dept at my church says Apple is the way to go that people have had problems with Windows 10**.

I'm not so sure about that, STU, but the sales people certainly want to lead you to an Apple product.

A year or so ago I was looking breifly for a new laptop and the sales folks I talked with invariably would try and steer me to Apple even though I said specifically I wanted MS/Android compatability. Oh, they're compatable they insisted, but not without issues I've found as my wife is an Apple user. In terms of problems, I would say in my experience that I've had less trouble with my 10 yr. old Windows based desktop than my wife has had with her newer iPad and I'm running Win 10 on my system as an upgrade from the original 7.

The laptop at work is a bit dodgie though, but I put that down to multiple users and way too much memory gobbling after-market software. I offered to uninstall a bunch of crap they had on there that came at purchase and install Chrome and Windows Defender, but was rebuffed by the owner who fancies himself as a bit of a know-it-all. Two years later and that's exactly what was done, but the only problem is that no one bothered to get rid of the crap first, so it can be annoyingly slow at times. In fact the entire system at work is hit and miss, but the big bosses don't want to spend any money to get to the bottom of the problem...

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

In case you hadn't heard we've had a bit of a visit from winter in these parts. It has gotten annoyingly cold in very short order here in the east, but at least we've managed to avoid the white stuff which showed up with a vengance in Calgary earlier in the week!

There are a couple of tournaments on today at the course and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a frost delay for the 8:00-9:00 am start times. I'm sitting these out as I've been up there twice this week already helping out as one guy has gone to Italy for the month. DW's BFF and hubby are coming for dinner, so I have my marching orders for the day.

Monday is the wind-up luncheon for my Men's League and then Tuesday I have appointments throughout the day. We just joined the YMCA a week ago and I'm finding it difficult to get there more than once a week. Soon curling will be starting, so there's that too and before you know it we'll be winging our way out west to see the kids for Christmas. Time stands still for no man! Oh yea, my next door neighbour told us to expect at least 50 kids for Hallowe'en too. Who knew that moving would be soooo busy even after you're settling in?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> In case you hadn't heard we've had a bit of a visit from winter in these parts. It has gotten annoyingly cold in very short order here in the east, but at least we've managed to avoid the white stuff which showed up with a vengance in Calgary earlier in the week!

>

> There are a couple of tournaments on today at the course and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a frost delay for the 8:00-9:00 am start times. I'm sitting these out as I've been up there twice this week already helping out as one guy has gone to Italy for the month. DW's BFF and hubby are coming for dinner, so I have my marching orders for the day.

>

> Monday is the wind-up luncheon for my Men's League and then Tuesday I have appointments throughout the day. We just joined the YMCA a week ago and I'm finding it difficult to get there more than once a week. Soon curling will be starting, so there's that too and before you know it we'll be winging our way out west to see the kids for Christmas. Time stands still for no man! Oh yea, my next door neighbour told us to expect at least 50 kids for Hallowe'en too. Who knew that moving would be soooo busy even after you're settling in?

Yep, went from 90's to 50's real quick up here in the NW. We had first hard frost last week. We got the garden picked the day before and the last of the Chile peppers roasted and peeled. Time to swap out my friends open electric cart for my covered propane heated one. We share a cart house and the ride.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Our weather is all over the place, normally this time of the year we have temps high 70- mid 80.started off well and suddenly we have a cold front come through totally wrong for a Queensland spring. Been going up and down for two weeks, tomorrow forecast at 95 then on Tuesday back down to 70. It’s global warming causing the cold weather. ?

Purchased a shoulder brace and have found out fairly quickly they are for people who wear them and do nothing. Straps are too thin and will not stay in place, helps well with the pain so now we are searching the web looking for something with wider straps, hopefully soon.

Studio reorganisation is almost finished, should be back in action by Wednesday, several paintings in the pre finished stage, so should be putting them out rapidly after we are finished.

Was looking foreword to starting golf again but now I will have to wait for the brace issue to be resolved, a little fed up that the cortisone did not work, but as DW had it three times with no benefit I was not optimistic of a favourable outcome.

Nice to see Grillers coming back, we just need Reason to make a regular appearance then all will be well, stay safe Grillers and keep warm.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Lunch today, salad, bread, dressing and plenty of wine.

Salad,

lettuce, grape tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber, fresh mint, fresh parsley, avocado steeped in lemon juice to stop browning, segmented oranges, diced chicken breast.

Bread

crispy naan bread cut up into one inch squares.

Dressing

Sumac, mint, black pepper, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar.

Brilliant meal, first one outside this spring, lovely sunny day with a slight breeze, perfect bottle of wine.

s803r4t9tqef.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

>

Just could not imagine you giving up golf, I know how a bad back can affect the will to go on, DW has been suffering with it for a while now and it stops her doing most things she enjoys.

Take it easy and you will be right, the world will end before you give it away.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> Lunch today, salad, bread, dressing and plenty of wine.

>

> Salad,

> lettuce, grape tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber, fresh mint, fresh parsley, avocado steeped in lemon juice to stop browning, segmented oranges, diced chicken breast.

>

> Bread

> crispy naan bread cut up into one inch squares.

>

> Dressing

> Sumac, mint, black pepper, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar.

>

> Brilliant meal, first one outside this spring, lovely sunny day with a slight breeze, perfect bottle of wine.

>

> s803r4t9tqef.jpeg

>

>

You're gonna need a bigger table (sez hungry grillsters)...

793ikiy4kiat.png

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

> >

> Just could not imagine you giving up golf, I know how a bad back can affect the will to go on, DW has been suffering with it for a while now and it stops her doing most things she enjoys.

>

> Take it easy and you will be right, the world will end before you give it away.?

Count me as another cheeleader urging you on @"BIG STU"

I've got the back trouble and I can't putt either. My golf game is sh*t, but I still try to get out there every week and play at it. Heck, it's all about the folks you play with anyway and I know that you've got Bear and the others that you like to hang with. Whenever my back is giving me grief and I wonder why I keep trying to play I think of Tim V over on the Classics section and how he soldiers on in far worse shape than either of us.

My advice on equipment will be to stick with the softer shafted irons and woods that you have. The senior flex woods have been a revelation for me in regaining distance and using light weight shafts in the irons has kept my back from complaining too much. Maybe you've got the right idea with the Bulls Eye putter as I've always been deadly with one of those things when playing at mini putt. We've got nothing to lose!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> Lunch today, salad, bread, dressing and plenty of wine.

>

> Salad,

> lettuce, grape tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber, fresh mint, fresh parsley, avocado steeped in lemon juice to stop browning, segmented oranges, diced chicken breast.

>

> Bread

> crispy naan bread cut up into one inch squares.

>

> Dressing

> Sumac, mint, black pepper, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar.

>

> Brilliant meal, first one outside this spring, lovely sunny day with a slight breeze, perfect bottle of wine.

>

> s803r4t9tqef.jpeg

>

>

Very nice lunch. You and the missus certainly do it up right.

Making lunch a special occasion.

Fantastic.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

I understand how you feel. Like you, I was a great putter in my youth, when I couldn't break 50 for nine holes, if my life depended on it. My leg is still bothering me, even after my chiropractic visit last Wednesday. Not playing much, but yesterday I played 16 holes, riding a cart, and hitting multiple balls on a few holes. A lot of golf, really was tired and sore all over. Everything seemed to hurt all night.

Hitting the driver well off the tee, probably 230-250 range. Couldn't get those distances 30 years ago. But my approach shots and putting simply awful. I seem to lose my rhythm when I ride. Afraid to walk, don't want to make leg worse. Chiropractor told me that getting in and out of the cart is bad for a 6'3" tall person. Leg problems started when I rode with my 86 year old pal.

On another note, rode 9 Tuesday with a young chiropractor (36) I went to before my current one. He recognized me and suggested playing together. He works out and hits the ball a mile. He must have gotten a golf scholarship in college, for he told me "golf" paid for his education. He only hit a few drivers, mostly 3 and 5 woods. He was getting close to 300 with his 3W. His game was off, scored 37, to my 41. However, I had an 8 on one hole. Couldn't get out of a sand bunker, and three putted a couple greens. Couda, shouda, wouda been a great game for me.

Best wishes to all!

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

> > >

> > Just could not imagine you giving up golf, I know how a bad back can affect the will to go on, DW has been suffering with it for a while now and it stops her doing most things she enjoys.

> >

> > Take it easy and you will be right, the world will end before you give it away.?

>

> Count me as another cheeleader urging you on @"BIG STU"

>

> I've got the back trouble and I can't putt either. My golf game is sh*t, but I still try to get out there every week and play at it. Heck, it's all about the folks you play with anyway and I know that you've got Bear and the others that you like to hang with. Whenever my back is giving me grief and I wonder why I keep trying to play I think of Tim V over on the Classics section and how he soldiers on in far worse shape than either of us.

>

> My advice on equipment will be to stick with the softer shafted irons and woods that you have. The senior flex woods have been a revelation for me in regaining distance and using light weight shafts in the irons has kept my back from complaining too much. Maybe you've got the right idea with the Bulls Eye putter as I've always been deadly with one of those things when playing at mini putt. We've got nothing to lose!

Thanks guys. Yep Soco I know all about Timmy V as I call him----- Yep I did some thinking yesterday and last night. Remembered one of my old man's cronies putted with one for years and he was the best money putter I ever saw. I also putt good with one playing putt-putt as we call it. Selected a nice one out of my Bullseye stash. It is an original one as all of mine are. This one seems different though. It is sorta a honey gold color and has the famous fluted shaft in satin. The original grip was sadly trash so I put an old school regular Lamkin putter grip on it. Now the next part is sorta crazy sounding but I did it. I have in the last couple of years lost all feel and I have always been a feel and instinct putter as well as player. I went out this AM at the crack of dawn to my club and putted some in the dark for feel purposes. Could see the flags but not the break. Sorta got some of the feel back. i also remembered I was always sorts wristy with a little pop stroke and have gotten away from that some time ago. I also remembered back when those putters were designed that it was a "wrist and pop" world. Daylight came and I started seeing the line and got better and better. After an hour or so I got my feel back and started canning putts. About then the fall tourist golfers started showing up and I got some curious looks from those putting with the latest and greatest spaceship on a stick things with grips as big as the exhaust pipe on my Mack truck. Had to run on to church then. Yep for some reason I had gotten away from my instincts and basics and thus maybe lost my feel. Went out after brunch and did good too. The soft shafted Machogans are back in the bag but I am not hitting balls today let the back rest. Maybe hit short irons Wednesday of so.

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

>

> I understand how you feel. Like you, I was a great putter in my youth, when I couldn't break 50 for nine holes, if my life depended on it. My leg is still bothering me, even after my chiropractic visit last Wednesday. Not playing much, but yesterday I played 16 holes, riding a cart, and hitting multiple balls on a few holes. A lot of golf, really was tired and sore all over. Everything seemed to hurt all night.

>

> Hitting the driver well off the tee, probably 230-250 range. Couldn't get those distances 30 years ago. But my approach shots and putting simply awful. I seem to lose my rhythm when I ride. Afraid to walk, don't want to make leg worse. Chiropractor told me that getting in and out of the cart is bad for a 6'3" tall person. Leg problems started when I rode with my 86 year old pal.

>

> On another note, rode 9 Tuesday with a young chiropractor (36) I went to before my current one. He recognized me and suggested playing together. He works out and hits the ball a mile. He must have gotten a golf scholarship in college, for he told me "golf" paid for his education. He only hit a few drivers, mostly 3 and 5 woods. He was getting close to 300 with his 3W. His game was off, scored 37, to my 41. However, I had an 8 on one hole. Couldn't get out of a sand bunker, and three putted a couple greens. Couda, shouda, wouda been a great game for me.

>

> Best wishes to all!

230 250 is about all I can get out of a metal driver anymore unless I romp on it. I get a lot more roll for some reason out of persimmon even though I do not carry it as far. With the roll out on the persimmon I can get around 230 or so. My frame of mind always was if I can get it on the green I can putt it in. Lately my attitude has been crappy due to my putting. Even 6 feet in I go well at least MAYBE I can 2 putt. With my psyche like it is geared that bad attitude carries over to my general game. The other week I was striking the ball well and shot 76 with 4 3 putts. If that day I had made 50% of the putts from 10 feet in I would have shot around even par. Missed 3 good birdie attempts within 10 feet and a couple of up and downs within 4 feet. The only birdie I had was a blast in from a greenside bunker. I used to run at everything because I did not fear the comeback 5 footer or so. Lately I have been so timid I leave say a 20 footer 5 feet short. And the 5 foot putt I jerk either left or push right or leave short.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

> >

> > I understand how you feel. Like you, I was a great putter in my youth, when I couldn't break 50 for nine holes, if my life depended on it. My leg is still bothering me, even after my chiropractic visit last Wednesday. Not playing much, but yesterday I played 16 holes, riding a cart, and hitting multiple balls on a few holes. A lot of golf, really was tired and sore all over. Everything seemed to hurt all night.

> >

> > Hitting the driver well off the tee, probably 230-250 range. Couldn't get those distances 30 years ago. But my approach shots and putting simply awful. I seem to lose my rhythm when I ride. Afraid to walk, don't want to make leg worse. Chiropractor told me that getting in and out of the cart is bad for a 6'3" tall person. Leg problems started when I rode with my 86 year old pal.

> >

> > On another note, rode 9 Tuesday with a young chiropractor (36) I went to before my current one. He recognized me and suggested playing together. He works out and hits the ball a mile. He must have gotten a golf scholarship in college, for he told me "golf" paid for his education. He only hit a few drivers, mostly 3 and 5 woods. He was getting close to 300 with his 3W. His game was off, scored 37, to my 41. However, I had an 8 on one hole. Couldn't get out of a sand bunker, and three putted a couple greens. Couda, shouda, wouda been a great game for me.

> >

> > Best wishes to all!

>

> 230 250 is about all I can get out of a metal driver anymore unless I romp on it. I get a lot more roll for some reason out of persimmon even though I do not carry it as far. With the roll out on the persimmon I can get around 230 or so. My frame of mind always was if I can get it on the green I can putt it in. Lately my attitude has been crappy due to my putting. Even 6 feet in I go well at least MAYBE I can 2 putt. With my psyche like it is geared that bad attitude carries over to my general game. The other week I was striking the ball well and shot 76 with 4 3 putts. If that day I had made 50% of the putts from 10 feet in I would have shot around even par. Missed 3 good birdie attempts within 10 feet and a couple of up and downs within 4 feet. The only birdie I had was a blast in from a greenside bunker. I used to run at everything because I did not fear the comeback 5 footer or so. Lately I have been so timid I leave say a 20 footer 5 feet short. And the 5 foot putt I jerk either left or push right or leave short.

I have never been a low handicap player but where I used to save was with my putting, I could almost guarantee being very close for a tap in no matter how far my first putt, lately I am lucky to three putt. Put it down to my lack of practice and ageing body. Shoulder permitting starting soon.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Wriggles said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Lunch today, salad, bread, dressing and plenty of wine.

> >

> > Salad,

> > lettuce, grape tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber, fresh mint, fresh parsley, avocado steeped in lemon juice to stop browning, segmented oranges, diced chicken breast.

> >

> > Bread

> > crispy naan bread cut up into one inch squares.

> >

> > Dressing

> > Sumac, mint, black pepper, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, white wine vinegar.

> >

> > Brilliant meal, first one outside this spring, lovely sunny day with a slight breeze, perfect bottle of wine.

> >

> > s803r4t9tqef.jpeg

> >

> >

>

> Very nice lunch. You and the missus certainly do it up right.

>

> Making lunch a special occasion.

>

> Fantastic.

Thanks Wriggs we do like to have a good relaxing lunch.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

> > >

> > > I understand how you feel. Like you, I was a great putter in my youth, when I couldn't break 50 for nine holes, if my life depended on it. My leg is still bothering me, even after my chiropractic visit last Wednesday. Not playing much, but yesterday I played 16 holes, riding a cart, and hitting multiple balls on a few holes. A lot of golf, really was tired and sore all over. Everything seemed to hurt all night.

> > >

> > > Hitting the driver well off the tee, probably 230-250 range. Couldn't get those distances 30 years ago. But my approach shots and putting simply awful. I seem to lose my rhythm when I ride. Afraid to walk, don't want to make leg worse. Chiropractor told me that getting in and out of the cart is bad for a 6'3" tall person. Leg problems started when I rode with my 86 year old pal.

> > >

> > > On another note, rode 9 Tuesday with a young chiropractor (36) I went to before my current one. He recognized me and suggested playing together. He works out and hits the ball a mile. He must have gotten a golf scholarship in college, for he told me "golf" paid for his education. He only hit a few drivers, mostly 3 and 5 woods. He was getting close to 300 with his 3W. His game was off, scored 37, to my 41. However, I had an 8 on one hole. Couldn't get out of a sand bunker, and three putted a couple greens. Couda, shouda, wouda been a great game for me.

> > >

> > > Best wishes to all!

> >

> > 230 250 is about all I can get out of a metal driver anymore unless I romp on it. I get a lot more roll for some reason out of persimmon even though I do not carry it as far. With the roll out on the persimmon I can get around 230 or so. My frame of mind always was if I can get it on the green I can putt it in. Lately my attitude has been crappy due to my putting. Even 6 feet in I go well at least MAYBE I can 2 putt. With my psyche like it is geared that bad attitude carries over to my general game. The other week I was striking the ball well and shot 76 with 4 3 putts. If that day I had made 50% of the putts from 10 feet in I would have shot around even par. Missed 3 good birdie attempts within 10 feet and a couple of up and downs within 4 feet. The only birdie I had was a blast in from a greenside bunker. I used to run at everything because I did not fear the comeback 5 footer or so. Lately I have been so timid I leave say a 20 footer 5 feet short. And the 5 foot putt I jerk either left or push right or leave short.

>

>

>

> I have never been a low handicap player but where I used to save was with my putting, I could almost guarantee being very close for a tap in no matter how far my first putt, lately I am lucky to three putt. Put it down to my lack of practice and ageing body. Shoulder permitting starting soon.

I was never a straight hitter of the ball but I was a get out of jail artist especially with a 5 iron. I could wedge it up and make a putt save a par. Those 3 clubs saved me more than one time. LOL My old man was all about greens and fairways. He always said IF I was not a trick shot artist with the 5 iron and stellar with the wedges and putter I could not break 90. One time I believe it was around 74 or so I ordered a Custom ground set of Spalding Elite 333s. The old man ordered them and I paid for them. He could not resist he ordered me an extra 5 iron. Said he told the Spalding rep ( an old friend) that most people beat a wedge to death but I beat a 5 iron to death. Of course I had to pay extra---- Think he would pay for his own joke?---- Not on your life----- Yep cost me $40 extra

• Like 1

It seems as though a game can be found amongst the ash heap. For some strange reason today was the day that I picked to post the low net of our group. It certainly wasn't because I was getting off the tee any great shakes, but I did manage to hit some good iron shots and I was about as good pitching it close as I have been all season. All of a sudden my putting improved resulting in a 39 net 30 for the day. The only real issue I had was that of the arithmetic ability of the guy who was keeping score. He had everyone's score all fouled up. It's a good thing I checked because he came to me to tell me that I shot a 44, so I decided right then and there to go and check the card as I knew I wasn't nearly that high.

All in all I managed to pot $22 from our big money match and then sat down to a well deserved meal of sausage, sour kraut, baked beans and salad. The only thing that was missing was a beer, but being a dry club I had to settle for lemonade until the staff stash came out after everyone had gone home. I then sat and enjoyed a glass of wine with my co-workers. :wink:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Welcome back FellaHEEN...........................sounds like a TV show about

> > a school teacher.......................

> >

> > Hey, you left me hanging on the sleep apnea saga. Did you end up with

> > a CPAP machine? I was at my ENT doc last week and I told him I never did

> > do that sleep study he ordered up 2 years ago. Told him I chose to be

> > blissfully ignorant.............but perhaps I should do it now.

> >

> > He peered into my throat and said you might not have sleep apnea and

> > if you do it's likely a mild case and you wouldn't need a CPAP machine;

> > just a mouth gadget. Not sure I like the idea of sleeping with some

> > contraption in my mouth.

> >

> > I guess we'll see. I'm waiting for Auburn University to call me and set up

> > the sleep study. The send you the stuff and you can do it at home over

> > 2 nights and send it back to them for results. I suppose that beats

> > spending the night somewhere doing one.

>

> Thanks for the kind words.

>

> I did get a CPAP machine back in mid-April. Actually it's a BiPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) machine. The main difference is that it has two pressure settings, a higher one for inhalation and a lower one for exhalation. The dual setting allow one to get more air into and out of one's lungs.

>

> Was diagnosed by my sleep Dr. with acute obstructive sleep apnea. Level 4 (the highest) obstruction in the back of my throat. Essentially because of genetics. Causing me to be a very loud snorer, and the last couple of years the condition had worsened. Would only be getting a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Never getting to a deep sleep level that makes for a restful night of sleep.

>

> Initially, did an at-home test with a monitor device. The results were not sufficient to make a proper diagnosis so I went for an over night test at the sleep lab. They attach a number of sensors all over your head and body. Then hook you up to a CPAP and tell you to go to sleep. Not so easy. They needed at least 5.5 hours of total sleep time for the test. The results were that I had 31.4 occurrences where I had stopped breathing for varying periods of time. On the higher end of the scale.

>

> They prescribed the BPAP due to the higher pressures I was needing for my condition. Received it the latter part of April and been using it every night since. Small "box" that sits on the nightstand next to my bed. Very quiet, barely hearing it operating. It's equipped with wireless modem that transmits every nights data somewhere (the Doc had a report at my follow-up appointment). During said follow-up (required by Medicare), the number of occurrences per night had been reduced tp 3.1. Well under the 5 that is the target.

>

> By far the biggest hurdle was selecting a nose piece that I could sleep with all night. There are three types: pillows that go under your nose, nose mask that only over your nose and a full mask over your nose and mouth. I've gone through 4 of them trying to adapt and get use to. I'm a side sleeper and move around quite a bit during the night. The full mask was a non-starter, very uncomfortable. Have a full nose mask that I used for awhile, but didn't like the fit. Now using a simple nose pillow that I modified some to stay on my head better. By far the most comfortable. It stays in place all night if I don't toss and turn to much.

>

> The bottom line here is I'm sleeping better. Not necessarily longer. When I fall asleep, able to enter the deep sleep state quicker and remain there for a longer period of time than prior. Although I still wake up early, I feel rested. Getting 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep per night is all that I seem to require. My snoring has stopped (according to the Mrs). Now use to the daily procedure and wouldn't think of going to sleep without being hooked up.

>

> I would recommend seeing a sleep Dr. specialist. Listen to what he has to say. Even do the sleep lab overnight if it is advised. Medicare picks up the tab for almost all of the cost and expense (small co-pays). Never realized the impact sleep apnea has for increasing the risk of cardiac arrest in people. The lots of information one can find relative to studies on the subject. Hope this offer some guidance for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

>

> P.S. The device has had zero impact on the state of my golf game. At least I arrive at the first tee, about 8:15 lately, feeling rested and ready to swat.

Well, did the sleep study at a sleep diagnostic center this past Friday night. Same thing,

wired me all up and told me to go ahead and go to sleep; no CPAP machine for this

study.

I stopped breathing 26 times; which they consider as borderline severe sleep apnea.

I'm going back for another study tomorrow night; this time hooked up to a CPAP

machine which they can apparently tweak while I sleep.

This may sound weird to some but I was actually relieved to get an official sleep

apnea diagnosis because I have been feeling wiped out for the past few years, just

dog tired all the time.

The plan is for me to have a CPAP machine at home by early next week, which is

music to my ears. I know there will be an adjustment period but, like everyone

else, I'll get used to it......but more importantly I'm looking forward to getting a

good night's sleep and feeling like my old chipper self again.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Welcome back FellaHEEN...........................sounds like a TV show about

> > > a school teacher.......................

> > >

> > > Hey, you left me hanging on the sleep apnea saga. Did you end up with

> > > a CPAP machine? I was at my ENT doc last week and I told him I never did

> > > do that sleep study he ordered up 2 years ago. Told him I chose to be

> > > blissfully ignorant.............but perhaps I should do it now.

> > >

> > > He peered into my throat and said you might not have sleep apnea and

> > > if you do it's likely a mild case and you wouldn't need a CPAP machine;

> > > just a mouth gadget. Not sure I like the idea of sleeping with some

> > > contraption in my mouth.

> > >

> > > I guess we'll see. I'm waiting for Auburn University to call me and set up

> > > the sleep study. The send you the stuff and you can do it at home over

> > > 2 nights and send it back to them for results. I suppose that beats

> > > spending the night somewhere doing one.

> >

> > Thanks for the kind words.

> >

> > I did get a CPAP machine back in mid-April. Actually it's a BiPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) machine. The main difference is that it has two pressure settings, a higher one for inhalation and a lower one for exhalation. The dual setting allow one to get more air into and out of one's lungs.

> >

> > Was diagnosed by my sleep Dr. with acute obstructive sleep apnea. Level 4 (the highest) obstruction in the back of my throat. Essentially because of genetics. Causing me to be a very loud snorer, and the last couple of years the condition had worsened. Would only be getting a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Never getting to a deep sleep level that makes for a restful night of sleep.

> >

> > Initially, did an at-home test with a monitor device. The results were not sufficient to make a proper diagnosis so I went for an over night test at the sleep lab. They attach a number of sensors all over your head and body. Then hook you up to a CPAP and tell you to go to sleep. Not so easy. They needed at least 5.5 hours of total sleep time for the test. The results were that I had 31.4 occurrences where I had stopped breathing for varying periods of time. On the higher end of the scale.

> >

> > They prescribed the BPAP due to the higher pressures I was needing for my condition. Received it the latter part of April and been using it every night since. Small "box" that sits on the nightstand next to my bed. Very quiet, barely hearing it operating. It's equipped with wireless modem that transmits every nights data somewhere (the Doc had a report at my follow-up appointment). During said follow-up (required by Medicare), the number of occurrences per night had been reduced tp 3.1. Well under the 5 that is the target.

> >

> > By far the biggest hurdle was selecting a nose piece that I could sleep with all night. There are three types: pillows that go under your nose, nose mask that only over your nose and a full mask over your nose and mouth. I've gone through 4 of them trying to adapt and get use to. I'm a side sleeper and move around quite a bit during the night. The full mask was a non-starter, very uncomfortable. Have a full nose mask that I used for awhile, but didn't like the fit. Now using a simple nose pillow that I modified some to stay on my head better. By far the most comfortable. It stays in place all night if I don't toss and turn to much.

> >

> > The bottom line here is I'm sleeping better. Not necessarily longer. When I fall asleep, able to enter the deep sleep state quicker and remain there for a longer period of time than prior. Although I still wake up early, I feel rested. Getting 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep per night is all that I seem to require. My snoring has stopped (according to the Mrs). Now use to the daily procedure and wouldn't think of going to sleep without being hooked up.

> >

> > I would recommend seeing a sleep Dr. specialist. Listen to what he has to say. Even do the sleep lab overnight if it is advised. Medicare picks up the tab for almost all of the cost and expense (small co-pays). Never realized the impact sleep apnea has for increasing the risk of cardiac arrest in people. The lots of information one can find relative to studies on the subject. Hope this offer some guidance for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

> >

> > P.S. The device has had zero impact on the state of my golf game. At least I arrive at the first tee, about 8:15 lately, feeling rested and ready to swat.

>

> Well, did the sleep study at a sleep diagnostic center this past Friday night. Same thing,

> wired me all up and told me to go ahead and go to sleep; no CPAP machine for this

> study.

>

> I stopped breathing 26 times; which they consider as borderline severe sleep apnea.

> I'm going back for another study tomorrow night; this time hooked up to a CPAP

> machine which they can apparently tweak while I sleep.

>

> This may sound weird to some but I was actually relieved to get an official sleep

> apnea diagnosis because I have been feeling wiped out for the past few years, just

> dog tired all the time.

>

> The plan is for me to have a CPAP machine at home by early next week, which is

> music to my ears. I know there will be an adjustment period but, like everyone

> else, I'll get used to it......but more importantly I'm looking forward to getting a

> good night's sleep and feeling like my old chipper self again.

DW has never considered doing this but I know she stops breathing several times during the night, when I sometimes lie awake it is clear when she stops a few seconds later a big breath and off she goes. That is if I have not already given the elbow in her side.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @Wriggles said:

> > > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > Our weather was weird yesterday. It was cloudy and cool in the early morning in fact I sat on the screened in porch and enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning. The course was weird. The wind got up about our 7 th hole. Now the front side that ain't too bad because you have trees that block the wind some. The back side is in the marshes etc and is wide open as far as wind is concerned. The wind got up bad on the back side and it was brutal. One par 4 it was a constant blow around maybe 40 MPH or so no joke. Hit a stinger driver and had 176 to the green. Normally a 22* hybrid or 5 iron for me. Had to hit my 16* 4 wood. Hit a stinger with it and ended up 40 yards short of the green in a trap. Now it was howling so hard I hit the PW from normally where I would use the 56* SW. Now the wind was howling and I hit it as hard as I could. Hit the green and spun it so hard it backed darn near off the green. On the green was not much better. Hard to get the ball to sit still to address it putting. I can't putt anymore any way and it darn sure did not help any. Did not have my best ball striking day anyhow and the conditions did not help any. Ended up with 85 or 86 can not remember nor want to. I know I strained my back and am feeling it now. I do know if I do not get my back and putting straightened out I am done playing. I did take some steps last night. I regripped the Machogans and put a old Bulls Eye putter in the bag. The Machogans have the #2 Apex shaft which is a soft senior shaft aand I have never hurt my back with them. The Bulls Eye I am trying to get my feel back on putting. It gets frustrating because I used to be a stellar putter now I can not putt one in a washtub. My wedge and short game is good and my ball striking until yesterday was good. But it is frustrating when you are putting short irons within 6 feet and can not make one putt even a sand save. I think the combo of the weather and putting frustration screwed up my ball striking and general game yesterday. Before the weather I missed 3 birdie putts and one par save within 4 feet. I think I got frustrated and swinging those KZGs a little hard and they are a heavier shaft and club and I think that is what got me hurting back wise

> > > >

> > > > I understand how you feel. Like you, I was a great putter in my youth, when I couldn't break 50 for nine holes, if my life depended on it. My leg is still bothering me, even after my chiropractic visit last Wednesday. Not playing much, but yesterday I played 16 holes, riding a cart, and hitting multiple balls on a few holes. A lot of golf, really was tired and sore all over. Everything seemed to hurt all night.

> > > >

> > > > Hitting the driver well off the tee, probably 230-250 range. Couldn't get those distances 30 years ago. But my approach shots and putting simply awful. I seem to lose my rhythm when I ride. Afraid to walk, don't want to make leg worse. Chiropractor told me that getting in and out of the cart is bad for a 6'3" tall person. Leg problems started when I rode with my 86 year old pal.

> > > >

> > > > On another note, rode 9 Tuesday with a young chiropractor (36) I went to before my current one. He recognized me and suggested playing together. He works out and hits the ball a mile. He must have gotten a golf scholarship in college, for he told me "golf" paid for his education. He only hit a few drivers, mostly 3 and 5 woods. He was getting close to 300 with his 3W. His game was off, scored 37, to my 41. However, I had an 8 on one hole. Couldn't get out of a sand bunker, and three putted a couple greens. Couda, shouda, wouda been a great game for me.

> > > >

> > > > Best wishes to all!

> > >

> > > 230 250 is about all I can get out of a metal driver anymore unless I romp on it. I get a lot more roll for some reason out of persimmon even though I do not carry it as far. With the roll out on the persimmon I can get around 230 or so. My frame of mind always was if I can get it on the green I can putt it in. Lately my attitude has been crappy due to my putting. Even 6 feet in I go well at least MAYBE I can 2 putt. With my psyche like it is geared that bad attitude carries over to my general game. The other week I was striking the ball well and shot 76 with 4 3 putts. If that day I had made 50% of the putts from 10 feet in I would have shot around even par. Missed 3 good birdie attempts within 10 feet and a couple of up and downs within 4 feet. The only birdie I had was a blast in from a greenside bunker. I used to run at everything because I did not fear the comeback 5 footer or so. Lately I have been so timid I leave say a 20 footer 5 feet short. And the 5 foot putt I jerk either left or push right or leave short.

> >

> >

> >

> > I have never been a low handicap player but where I used to save was with my putting, I could almost guarantee being very close for a tap in no matter how far my first putt, lately I am lucky to three putt. Put it down to my lack of practice and ageing body. Shoulder permitting starting soon.

>

> I was never a straight hitter of the ball but I was a get out of jail artist especially with a 5 iron. I could wedge it up and make a putt save a par. Those 3 clubs saved me more than one time. LOL My old man was all about greens and fairways. He always said IF I was not a trick shot artist with the 5 iron and stellar with the wedges and putter I could not break 90. One time I believe it was around 74 or so I ordered a Custom ground set of Spalding Elite 333s. The old man ordered them and I paid for them. He could not resist he ordered me an extra 5 iron. Said he told the Spalding rep ( an old friend) that most people beat a wedge to death but I beat a 5 iron to death. Of course I had to pay extra---- Think he would pay for his own joke?---- Not on your life----- Yep cost me $40 extra

From my limited experience I have noticed when playing the second stroke always seems to be the most important, this is fairly obvious I suppose because no matter how good your drive if you can’t get on the green you may as well go home. Used to play with someone who could drive the ball miles but he never broke 100.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Welcome back FellaHEEN...........................sounds like a TV show about

> > > a school teacher.......................

> > >

> > > Hey, you left me hanging on the sleep apnea saga. Did you end up with

> > > a CPAP machine? I was at my ENT doc last week and I told him I never did

> > > do that sleep study he ordered up 2 years ago. Told him I chose to be

> > > blissfully ignorant.............but perhaps I should do it now.

> > >

> > > He peered into my throat and said you might not have sleep apnea and

> > > if you do it's likely a mild case and you wouldn't need a CPAP machine;

> > > just a mouth gadget. Not sure I like the idea of sleeping with some

> > > contraption in my mouth.

> > >

> > > I guess we'll see. I'm waiting for Auburn University to call me and set up

> > > the sleep study. The send you the stuff and you can do it at home over

> > > 2 nights and send it back to them for results. I suppose that beats

> > > spending the night somewhere doing one.

> >

> > Thanks for the kind words.

> >

> > I did get a CPAP machine back in mid-April. Actually it's a BiPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) machine. The main difference is that it has two pressure settings, a higher one for inhalation and a lower one for exhalation. The dual setting allow one to get more air into and out of one's lungs.

> >

> > Was diagnosed by my sleep Dr. with acute obstructive sleep apnea. Level 4 (the highest) obstruction in the back of my throat. Essentially because of genetics. Causing me to be a very loud snorer, and the last couple of years the condition had worsened. Would only be getting a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Never getting to a deep sleep level that makes for a restful night of sleep.

> >

> > Initially, did an at-home test with a monitor device. The results were not sufficient to make a proper diagnosis so I went for an over night test at the sleep lab. They attach a number of sensors all over your head and body. Then hook you up to a CPAP and tell you to go to sleep. Not so easy. They needed at least 5.5 hours of total sleep time for the test. The results were that I had 31.4 occurrences where I had stopped breathing for varying periods of time. On the higher end of the scale.

> >

> > They prescribed the BPAP due to the higher pressures I was needing for my condition. Received it the latter part of April and been using it every night since. Small "box" that sits on the nightstand next to my bed. Very quiet, barely hearing it operating. It's equipped with wireless modem that transmits every nights data somewhere (the Doc had a report at my follow-up appointment). During said follow-up (required by Medicare), the number of occurrences per night had been reduced tp 3.1. Well under the 5 that is the target.

> >

> > By far the biggest hurdle was selecting a nose piece that I could sleep with all night. There are three types: pillows that go under your nose, nose mask that only over your nose and a full mask over your nose and mouth. I've gone through 4 of them trying to adapt and get use to. I'm a side sleeper and move around quite a bit during the night. The full mask was a non-starter, very uncomfortable. Have a full nose mask that I used for awhile, but didn't like the fit. Now using a simple nose pillow that I modified some to stay on my head better. By far the most comfortable. It stays in place all night if I don't toss and turn to much.

> >

> > The bottom line here is I'm sleeping better. Not necessarily longer. When I fall asleep, able to enter the deep sleep state quicker and remain there for a longer period of time than prior. Although I still wake up early, I feel rested. Getting 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep per night is all that I seem to require. My snoring has stopped (according to the Mrs). Now use to the daily procedure and wouldn't think of going to sleep without being hooked up.

> >

> > I would recommend seeing a sleep Dr. specialist. Listen to what he has to say. Even do the sleep lab overnight if it is advised. Medicare picks up the tab for almost all of the cost and expense (small co-pays). Never realized the impact sleep apnea has for increasing the risk of cardiac arrest in people. The lots of information one can find relative to studies on the subject. Hope this offer some guidance for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

> >

> > P.S. The device has had zero impact on the state of my golf game. At least I arrive at the first tee, about 8:15 lately, feeling rested and ready to swat.

>

> Well, did the sleep study at a sleep diagnostic center this past Friday night. Same thing,

> wired me all up and told me to go ahead and go to sleep; no CPAP machine for this

> study.

>

> I stopped breathing 26 times; which they consider as borderline severe sleep apnea.

> I'm going back for another study tomorrow night; this time hooked up to a CPAP

> machine which they can apparently tweak while I sleep.

>

> This may sound weird to some but I was actually relieved to get an official sleep

> apnea diagnosis because I have been feeling wiped out for the past few years, just

> dog tired all the time.

>

> The plan is for me to have a CPAP machine at home by early next week, which is

> music to my ears. I know there will be an adjustment period but, like everyone

> else, I'll get used to it......but more importantly I'm looking forward to getting a

> good night's sleep and feeling like my old chipper self again.

I have been on one for 12 years now and trust me it makes a difference. What happened with me was I did not know I had it and totally collapsed from exhaustion. They thought I had a heart attack. In the hospital they found out I had severe sleep apena. If you keep your CDLs when you do a physical they can pull your sleep report off the machine and they have to do that. It takes getting used to but when I was first on one I had 2 great co worker coaches that were one one. Yep when you go on the machine in the lab they will tweak the pressures and masks to fit you. Now when I went through the lab they did not have the humidifier on the machine and rthat dries you out. When you get your machine you can adjust the heat on the humidifier to your liking too. One word of caution use only distilled water because regular tap water may cause you problems. I saw a story where a lady actually died because she had the humidifier way up with tap water and the chlorine had a fatal effect on her. Also keep the mask tubing and resivor clean. I do not have one of those new fangled sanitizers like they advertise on TV so I have to wash mine out every night with baby shampoo and distilled vinegar. I am well versed on washing them out from being on the VFD and washing out Scott Air Pack masks. After using one for 12 years now I consider myself SORT OF an expert so anything I can help you with feel free to ask me.

Edit--- I can remember when I went to the sleep lab they had me wired from head to toe. I told the Tech I hoped we did not have a major electrical storm because if lightning ran through the building and system my arse would be fried. She was not amused in the least and failed to see my sense of humor. But she was the "Nurse Ratchett" type from "One Flew Over the Co Co's Nest"

• Like 1

This site planning on doing thread ads or whatever you call those? Thought they were just if you weren't a member. Just have blanks now. Kinda like me.

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @Qqq123xx said:

> This site planning on doing thread ads or whatever you call those? Thought they were just if you weren't a member. Just have blanks now. Kinda like me.

Not only but also posts are being moved around. This morning I replied to a big Stu post only to find later it had been moved to before Stu made his post. Someone is not thinking straight in the programming department, the post time bears no relationship to when I actually sent it and in fact it is before a post I did hours before.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > Welcome back FellaHEEN...........................sounds like a TV show about

> > > > a school teacher.......................

> > > >

> > > > Hey, you left me hanging on the sleep apnea saga. Did you end up with

> > > > a CPAP machine? I was at my ENT doc last week and I told him I never did

> > > > do that sleep study he ordered up 2 years ago. Told him I chose to be

> > > > blissfully ignorant.............but perhaps I should do it now.

> > > >

> > > > He peered into my throat and said you might not have sleep apnea and

> > > > if you do it's likely a mild case and you wouldn't need a CPAP machine;

> > > > just a mouth gadget. Not sure I like the idea of sleeping with some

> > > > contraption in my mouth.

> > > >

> > > > I guess we'll see. I'm waiting for Auburn University to call me and set up

> > > > the sleep study. The send you the stuff and you can do it at home over

> > > > 2 nights and send it back to them for results. I suppose that beats

> > > > spending the night somewhere doing one.

> > >

> > > Thanks for the kind words.

> > >

> > > I did get a CPAP machine back in mid-April. Actually it's a BiPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) machine. The main difference is that it has two pressure settings, a higher one for inhalation and a lower one for exhalation. The dual setting allow one to get more air into and out of one's lungs.

> > >

> > > Was diagnosed by my sleep Dr. with acute obstructive sleep apnea. Level 4 (the highest) obstruction in the back of my throat. Essentially because of genetics. Causing me to be a very loud snorer, and the last couple of years the condition had worsened. Would only be getting a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Never getting to a deep sleep level that makes for a restful night of sleep.

> > >

> > > Initially, did an at-home test with a monitor device. The results were not sufficient to make a proper diagnosis so I went for an over night test at the sleep lab. They attach a number of sensors all over your head and body. Then hook you up to a CPAP and tell you to go to sleep. Not so easy. They needed at least 5.5 hours of total sleep time for the test. The results were that I had 31.4 occurrences where I had stopped breathing for varying periods of time. On the higher end of the scale.

> > >

> > > They prescribed the BPAP due to the higher pressures I was needing for my condition. Received it the latter part of April and been using it every night since. Small "box" that sits on the nightstand next to my bed. Very quiet, barely hearing it operating. It's equipped with wireless modem that transmits every nights data somewhere (the Doc had a report at my follow-up appointment). During said follow-up (required by Medicare), the number of occurrences per night had been reduced tp 3.1. Well under the 5 that is the target.

> > >

> > > By far the biggest hurdle was selecting a nose piece that I could sleep with all night. There are three types: pillows that go under your nose, nose mask that only over your nose and a full mask over your nose and mouth. I've gone through 4 of them trying to adapt and get use to. I'm a side sleeper and move around quite a bit during the night. The full mask was a non-starter, very uncomfortable. Have a full nose mask that I used for awhile, but didn't like the fit. Now using a simple nose pillow that I modified some to stay on my head better. By far the most comfortable. It stays in place all night if I don't toss and turn to much.

> > >

> > > The bottom line here is I'm sleeping better. Not necessarily longer. When I fall asleep, able to enter the deep sleep state quicker and remain there for a longer period of time than prior. Although I still wake up early, I feel rested. Getting 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep per night is all that I seem to require. My snoring has stopped (according to the Mrs). Now use to the daily procedure and wouldn't think of going to sleep without being hooked up.

> > >

> > > I would recommend seeing a sleep Dr. specialist. Listen to what he has to say. Even do the sleep lab overnight if it is advised. Medicare picks up the tab for almost all of the cost and expense (small co-pays). Never realized the impact sleep apnea has for increasing the risk of cardiac arrest in people. The lots of information one can find relative to studies on the subject. Hope this offer some guidance for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

> > >

> > > P.S. The device has had zero impact on the state of my golf game. At least I arrive at the first tee, about 8:15 lately, feeling rested and ready to swat.

> >

> > Well, did the sleep study at a sleep diagnostic center this past Friday night. Same thing,

> > wired me all up and told me to go ahead and go to sleep; no CPAP machine for this

> > study.

> >

> > I stopped breathing 26 times; which they consider as borderline severe sleep apnea.

> > I'm going back for another study tomorrow night; this time hooked up to a CPAP

> > machine which they can apparently tweak while I sleep.

> >

> > This may sound weird to some but I was actually relieved to get an official sleep

> > apnea diagnosis because I have been feeling wiped out for the past few years, just

> > dog tired all the time.

> >

> > The plan is for me to have a CPAP machine at home by early next week, which is

> > music to my ears. I know there will be an adjustment period but, like everyone

> > else, I'll get used to it......but more importantly I'm looking forward to getting a

> > good night's sleep and feeling like my old chipper self again.

>

> I have been on one for 12 years now and trust me it makes a difference. What happened with me was I did not know I had it and totally collapsed from exhaustion. They thought I had a heart attack. In the hospital they found out I had severe sleep apena. If you keep your CDLs when you do a physical they can pull your sleep report off the machine and they have to do that. It takes getting used to but when I was first on one I had 2 great co worker coaches that were one one. Yep when you go on the machine in the lab they will tweak the pressures and masks to fit you. Now when I went through the lab they did not have the humidifier on the machine and rthat dries you out. When you get your machine you can adjust the heat on the humidifier to your liking too. One word of caution use only distilled water because regular tap water may cause you problems. I saw a story where a lady actually died because she had the humidifier way up with tap water and the chlorine had a fatal effect on her. Also keep the mask tubing and resivor clean. I do not have one of those new fangled sanitizers like they advertise on TV so I have to wash mine out every night with baby shampoo and distilled vinegar. I am well versed on washing them out from being on the VFD and washing out Scott Air Pack masks. After using one for 12 years now I consider myself SORT OF an expert so anything I can help you with feel free to ask me.

>

> Edit--- I can remember when I went to the sleep lab they had me wired from head to toe. I told the Tech I hoped we did not have a major electrical storm because if lightning ran through the building and system my **** would be fried. She was not amused in the least and failed to see my sense of humor. But she was the "Nurse Ratchett" type from "One Flew Over the Co Co's Nest"

As I read your post this morning, you're likely wrapping up your second visit to the sleep lab. Good to read that you've finally reached a diagnosis on your apnea condition. As discussed prior, it's a potentially dangerous condition if one doesn't proactively address the problem.

Stu offers good advice on the maintenance aspect. They will advise you when you pickup your machine. Becomes routine every morning, no big deal. That's what I use also, unscented baby shampoo to wash out the reservoir and mask. Have some unscented wipes that I use if traveling. I'll take my machine if gone for more than a couple nights.

The most important hurdle moving forward is finding a comfortable mask. You may have tried several during the test. When you pickup your CPAP, the supplier will have multiple different types to try. Trying one on for comfort and fit on the quick will not determine how one will work for you over several nights of use. "Pillows" will be the most comfortable and less obtrusive. My problem was that I couldn't keep one on my head throughout the night. Being something of a "thrasher" during the night. I've settled in with using a nose only mask now. Keep testing until you find one that works. Took a couple of months to reach this conclusion.

Snoring should be eliminated immediately. Was for me. Thus allowing a more restful sleep. I still wakeup periodically during the night. But when I fall back to sleep, can enter a deep sleep state (level 4) more quickly. That's the key benefit to achieving a deep and restful sleep. Good luck moving forward. Will be interested to read about your situation as it evolves over the next several weeks. And needless to say, don't hesitate to ask Stu or myself any questions that may arise.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @scomac2002 said:

> It seems as though a game can be found amongst the ash heap. For some strange reason today was the day that I picked to post the low net of our group. It certainly wasn't because I was getting off the tee any great shakes, but I did manage to hit some good iron shots and I was about as good pitching it close as I have been all season. All of a sudden my putting improved resulting in a 39 net 30 for the day. The only real issue I had was that of the arithmetic ability of the guy who was keeping score. He had everyone's score all fouled up. It's a good thing I checked because he came to me to tell me that I shot a 44, so I decided right then and there to go and check the card as I knew I wasn't nearly that high.

>

> All in all I managed to pot $22 from our big money match and then sat down to a well deserved meal of sausage, sour ****, baked beans and salad. The only thing that was missing was a beer, but being a dry club I had to settle for lemonade until the staff stash came out after everyone had gone home. I then sat and enjoyed a glass of wine with my co-workers. :wink:

Congrats on the nice 9. It's not the score that's important. Rather, how much cash one wins on the day. As money won is always sweet, regardless of the amount.

As for scoring keeping. Why I always keep my own scorecard. And corresponding the score for the rest of the group. Even if it's redundant. Just so there is no confusion. Every now and again a discrepancy will arise (typically only a stroke). One of the buds in our group is mathematically challenged if he's the one keeping score on the day.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > > Welcome back FellaHEEN...........................sounds like a TV show about

> > > > > a school teacher.......................

> > > > >

> > > > > Hey, you left me hanging on the sleep apnea saga. Did you end up with

> > > > > a CPAP machine? I was at my ENT doc last week and I told him I never did

> > > > > do that sleep study he ordered up 2 years ago. Told him I chose to be

> > > > > blissfully ignorant.............but perhaps I should do it now.

> > > > >

> > > > > He peered into my throat and said you might not have sleep apnea and

> > > > > if you do it's likely a mild case and you wouldn't need a CPAP machine;

> > > > > just a mouth gadget. Not sure I like the idea of sleeping with some

> > > > > contraption in my mouth.

> > > > >

> > > > > I guess we'll see. I'm waiting for Auburn University to call me and set up

> > > > > the sleep study. The send you the stuff and you can do it at home over

> > > > > 2 nights and send it back to them for results. I suppose that beats

> > > > > spending the night somewhere doing one.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the kind words.

> > > >

> > > > I did get a CPAP machine back in mid-April. Actually it's a BiPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) machine. The main difference is that it has two pressure settings, a higher one for inhalation and a lower one for exhalation. The dual setting allow one to get more air into and out of one's lungs.

> > > >

> > > > Was diagnosed by my sleep Dr. with acute obstructive sleep apnea. Level 4 (the highest) obstruction in the back of my throat. Essentially because of genetics. Causing me to be a very loud snorer, and the last couple of years the condition had worsened. Would only be getting a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Never getting to a deep sleep level that makes for a restful night of sleep.

> > > >

> > > > Initially, did an at-home test with a monitor device. The results were not sufficient to make a proper diagnosis so I went for an over night test at the sleep lab. They attach a number of sensors all over your head and body. Then hook you up to a CPAP and tell you to go to sleep. Not so easy. They needed at least 5.5 hours of total sleep time for the test. The results were that I had 31.4 occurrences where I had stopped breathing for varying periods of time. On the higher end of the scale.

> > > >

> > > > They prescribed the BPAP due to the higher pressures I was needing for my condition. Received it the latter part of April and been using it every night since. Small "box" that sits on the nightstand next to my bed. Very quiet, barely hearing it operating. It's equipped with wireless modem that transmits every nights data somewhere (the Doc had a report at my follow-up appointment). During said follow-up (required by Medicare), the number of occurrences per night had been reduced tp 3.1. Well under the 5 that is the target.

> > > >

> > > > By far the biggest hurdle was selecting a nose piece that I could sleep with all night. There are three types: pillows that go under your nose, nose mask that only over your nose and a full mask over your nose and mouth. I've gone through 4 of them trying to adapt and get use to. I'm a side sleeper and move around quite a bit during the night. The full mask was a non-starter, very uncomfortable. Have a full nose mask that I used for awhile, but didn't like the fit. Now using a simple nose pillow that I modified some to stay on my head better. By far the most comfortable. It stays in place all night if I don't toss and turn to much.

> > > >

> > > > The bottom line here is I'm sleeping better. Not necessarily longer. When I fall asleep, able to enter the deep sleep state quicker and remain there for a longer period of time than prior. Although I still wake up early, I feel rested. Getting 6.5 to 7 hours of sleep per night is all that I seem to require. My snoring has stopped (according to the Mrs). Now use to the daily procedure and wouldn't think of going to sleep without being hooked up.

> > > >

> > > > I would recommend seeing a sleep Dr. specialist. Listen to what he has to say. Even do the sleep lab overnight if it is advised. Medicare picks up the tab for almost all of the cost and expense (small co-pays). Never realized the impact sleep apnea has for increasing the risk of cardiac arrest in people. The lots of information one can find relative to studies on the subject. Hope this offer some guidance for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

> > > >

> > > > P.S. The device has had zero impact on the state of my golf game. At least I arrive at the first tee, about 8:15 lately, feeling rested and ready to swat.

> > >

> > > Well, did the sleep study at a sleep diagnostic center this past Friday night. Same thing,

> > > wired me all up and told me to go ahead and go to sleep; no CPAP machine for this

> > > study.

> > >

> > > I stopped breathing 26 times; which they consider as borderline severe sleep apnea.

> > > I'm going back for another study tomorrow night; this time hooked up to a CPAP

> > > machine which they can apparently tweak while I sleep.

> > >

> > > This may sound weird to some but I was actually relieved to get an official sleep

> > > apnea diagnosis because I have been feeling wiped out for the past few years, just

> > > dog tired all the time.

> > >

> > > The plan is for me to have a CPAP machine at home by early next week, which is

> > > music to my ears. I know there will be an adjustment period but, like everyone

> > > else, I'll get used to it......but more importantly I'm looking forward to getting a

> > > good night's sleep and feeling like my old chipper self again.

> >

> > I have been on one for 12 years now and trust me it makes a difference. What happened with me was I did not know I had it and totally collapsed from exhaustion. They thought I had a heart attack. In the hospital they found out I had severe sleep apena. If you keep your CDLs when you do a physical they can pull your sleep report off the machine and they have to do that. It takes getting used to but when I was first on one I had 2 great co worker coaches that were one one. Yep when you go on the machine in the lab they will tweak the pressures and masks to fit you. Now when I went through the lab they did not have the humidifier on the machine and rthat dries you out. When you get your machine you can adjust the heat on the humidifier to your liking too. One word of caution use only distilled water because regular tap water may cause you problems. I saw a story where a lady actually died because she had the humidifier way up with tap water and the chlorine had a fatal effect on her. Also keep the mask tubing and resivor clean. I do not have one of those new fangled sanitizers like they advertise on TV so I have to wash mine out every night with baby shampoo and distilled vinegar. I am well versed on washing them out from being on the VFD and washing out Scott Air Pack masks. After using one for 12 years now I consider myself SORT OF an expert so anything I can help you with feel free to ask me.

> >

> > Edit--- I can remember when I went to the sleep lab they had me wired from head to toe. I told the Tech I hoped we did not have a major electrical storm because if lightning ran through the building and system my **** would be fried. She was not amused in the least and failed to see my sense of humor. But she was the "Nurse Ratchett" type from "One Flew Over the Co Co's Nest"

>

> As I read your post this morning, you're likely wrapping up your second visit to the sleep lab. Good to read that you've finally reached a diagnosis on your apnea condition. As discussed prior, it's a potentially dangerous condition if one doesn't proactively address the problem.

>

> Stu offers good advice on the maintenance aspect. They will advise you when you pickup your machine. Becomes routine every morning, no big deal. That's what I use also, unscented baby shampoo to wash out the reservoir and mask. Have some unscented wipes that I use if traveling. I'll take my machine if gone for more than a couple nights.

>

> The most important hurdle moving forward is finding a comfortable mask. You may have tried several during the test. When you pickup your CPAP, the supplier will have multiple different types to try. Trying one on for comfort and fit on the quick will not determine how one will work for you over several nights of use. "Pillows" will be the most comfortable and less obtrusive. My problem was that I couldn't keep one on my head throughout the night. Being something of a "thrasher" during the night. I've settled in with using a nose only mask now. Keep testing until you find one that works. Took a couple of months to reach this conclusion.

>

> Snoring should be eliminated immediately. Was for me. Thus allowing a more restful sleep. I still wakeup periodically during the night. But when I fall back to sleep, can enter a deep sleep state (level 4) more quickly. That's the key benefit to achieving a deep and restful sleep. Good luck moving forward. Will be interested to read about your situation as it evolves over the next several weeks. And needless to say, don't hesitate to ask Stu or myself any questions that may arise.

Thanks both Stu and Fella for the responses. Definitely feels good to finally be addressing

the problem. They fiddled around with me quite a bit last nght getting a mask to fit and

not leak. A tiny leak is OK but more than that becomes self defeating; of course.

The latest model mask (according to them) worked out the best. It fits over the mouth

and butts up against the bottom of the nose allowing you to breathe through either

or both.....and has a fairly small footprint. They cranked it down so tight, though, that by

the end of the study the bottom of my nose was pretty sore. That's a pretty tender area.

It's been a few hours since, now, and my nose no longer hurts. The tech told me my

nose will "toughen up" a little. I guess we'll see as that will be the mask they will start

me with. I like that with this mask the hose is behind my head.

The nose only mask would not be good for me with my allergies. Since my sinus

surgery I'm breathing much more through my nose but a lot of the time I still

breathe though both. Just a habit I guess.

I was surprised by how little pressure I felt with the CPAP unit on Not sure why, but

I was expecting gushing air, lol. The tech started me off with a pressure level of 4;

whatever that is. He said my episodes went way down but I still had a few, so he

raised it to 8 and said I had no more episodes after that. This particular machine

goes up to 20 so it will be the one they will prescribe for me.

I slept much better but still woke up quite a bit, not from the sleep apnea, but

I think just from all the wiring and having a strange object pumping air into me.

I'm very optimistic that I will adjust and sleep like a baby once I get the unit

home and get started.

Thanks for the cleaning advice. I was thinking I would just open my wallet and

buy a "So Clean" cleaning system. I was told they run around $300. I like the idea

of just tossing the mask in it and letting it clean the whole system while I do

other things. Have any of you considered this option? I wonder if it works as

well as they say in the ads. It would just be a one time expense, I'm thinking.

How long does it take to clean it the old fashioned way?

Ya, I know to only use distilled water for things such as this. I rinse my sinuses

twice daily, sometimes more, and must use distilled water for that as well.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)