2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

Tyson has turned his trinkets into profit pieces which are now inaccessible to people who will actually use or cherish them.

People who dont play golf or give two sh!ts about golf are buying them just to sell at inflated prices.

That's how you know you've created a great niche market, and also prove how you've lost touch and become consumed by hype and dollar signs. It can be done in ANY market, from watches to clothing to spirits to computer accessories.

Many posters in this thread are 100% correct. Tyson is an artist...he is not a putter maker.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent been around in a while.

everyone still hate Tyson?

ok i'm caught up........

just remember to anyone crying the blues right now......posts are in writting. dont get a putter down the road and flip your position.

i could care less what anyone thinks. Tyson is literally printing money, dont hate on him for it. every person on this thread would buy a stake in his company if they could.

but i agree he needs to release some putters.....so i understand the frustration there....

ok back to the hate from people who dont even collect putters :russian_roulette:

I think the frustration is that people WANT to collect putters but can't. That's the summary I see

nope. not how i read it. a bunch of people who say they would never spend 1000$ on a putter anyway doesnt count as people who want to collect putters

ok i'm caught up........

just remember to anyone crying the blues right now......posts are in writting. dont get a putter down the road and flip your position.

i could care less what anyone thinks. Tyson is literally printing money, dont hate on him for it. every person on this thread would buy a stake in his company if they could.

but i agree he needs to release some putters.....so i understand the frustration there....

ok back to the hate from people who dont even collect putters :russian_roulette:

Speaking for myself, and maybe some others here...

Not personally knowing Tyson and Tana, I am not saying I hate him or the company. Its increasingly frustrating to those of us who can't see what his intentions are or how the business operates, vague posts about products, childish mocking of customers who are trying to give him money, and don't agree with his false-scarcity business tactics. Im not a putter collector, so i guess I am not the target market, but its not hard to see how frustrated people are with how Tana and he are operating. When Tyson starts deleting posts on social media (assumingly due to angry potential customers' comments) and, with his only publicly-facing form of communication (instagram), showing those people essentially that their money is not good enough for the Lambcrafted brand, things are going to start going downhill.

Like i said, I hope the company can keep up with the ever growing disgust with their tactics. I also realize what a vocal minority is and hopefully thats the case.

I still find it hard to believe that 350 ball markers sell out in 25 seconds. Especially with a mid-day release and a very short notice of when theyd be up for sale.

Who knows, we certainly will never get any transparency from them.

i think youre getting perfect transparency. there is no hidden agenda. the goal is to make money. they are doing that. anyone who is in business and tells you its not about money is lying to you. he needs to make more putters...not for him, but to shut people up. when hes ready he will. in the mean time he will continue to pay the bills and buy bigger facilities. im not defending him, just pointing out that you cant knock his business model....the same way you can mock camerons (he doesnt even make putters anymore and his still sell out every wednesday for 4-10k each)

I don't have a dog in this fight. It does amaze me however, how many titans of business have an opinion on how they would operate someone else's business. Judging by a lot of the responses becoming a putter/accessory company is easy and I expect a bunch of WRX inspired companies in the near future........

As someone who doesn’t have a dog in the fight, you missed the whole point from the guys who actually would love to buy one of his putters.

Your comment makes no sense.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

ok i'm caught up........

I don't collect putters, but I would try to save the dough to buy and game a Lamb if I felt more of a connection to what he does - or bought into his philosophy.. But, I don't really,,, not enough..

Tyson is not literally printing money, and if I had to guess, he probably doesn't need the money which is why he practices his business the way he does. I don't get why some get all butt hurt over not being able to get a piece of his pie. There are more deserving craftsmen making putters who you could support. I would be very wary if I were a collector. If things go south all you will have done was fund a mans play date. Look at Machine..

ok i am with you on this theory. answer one question for me.....why is tyson selling out in seconds and making money hand over fist and lots of other companies just cant seem to break through in the world of collectible putters/accessories?

i know the answer to tysons success, but im curious as to know your thoughts on why he is considered to be #2 behind cameron......

ok i'm caught up........

I think the frustration is that people WANT to collect putters but can't. That's the summary I see

nope. not how i read it. a bunch of people who say they would never spend 1000$ on a putter anyway doesnt count as people who want to collect putters

I think there are or maybe were a bunch of people who were willing to spend well over $1000 to get a putter. However, the customer service to SOME people is pretty terrible.

How would you feel if someone offered you a putter you really liked, you agreed to the price and then were told you couldn't have it only to see it posted by someone else 3-4 weeks later after they bought it. Probably not too great, but its not a problem for you. Easy to say everything is great when you own 4-5 putters that no one else seems to be able to buy.

Just my two cents.

Will

I don't have a dog in this fight. It does amaze me however, how many titans of business have an opinion on how they would operate someone else's business. Judging by a lot of the responses becoming a putter/accessory company is easy and I expect a bunch of WRX inspired companies in the near future........

As someone who doesn’t have a dog in the fight, you missed the whole point from the guys who actually would love to buy one of his putters.

would you actually love to buy one of tysons putters? funny thing is he is right. since tyson has come along we have seen an explosion in trinket and putter makers, from swag to kraken to API and all the rest inbetween. lots of people trying to follow tysons lead.....and lots of people not making close to his amount of money.

ok i'm caught up........

I think there are or maybe were a bunch of people who were willing to spend well over $1000 to get a putter. However, the customer service to SOME people is pretty terrible.

How would you feel if someone offered you a putter you really liked, you agreed to the price and then were told you couldn't have it only to see it posted by someone else 3-4 weeks later after they bought it. Probably not too great, but its not a problem for you. Easy to say everything is great when you own 4-5 putters that no one else seems to be able to buy.

Just my two cents.

Will

And that’s exactly what happened to me. He didn’t even had the class to answer my email. At least Cameron did back in the day.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

would you actually love to buy one of tysons putters? funny thing is he is right. since tyson has come along we have seen an explosion in trinket and putter makers, from swag to kraken to API and all the rest inbetween. lots of people trying to follow tysons lead.....and lots of people not making close to his amount of money.

No, I don’t. When I was interested he didn’t had the common courtesy of answering a simple email. I don’t buy trinkets, I buy putters.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

ok i'm caught up........

Just my two cents.

Will

im in a different category. i am tysons friend. i go on non golf vacations with him. if i want a putter for myself i get a putter. dont compare me to anyone else. i remember and met tyson when he was selling putters out of hotel rooms. first off customer service is great....sometimes too great where i hear Tana calls too many folks. but you gave a specific instance of someone offering you a putter and then not getting it. i have learned through a decade in the collectible putter game that "he who hesitates is lost". if you are saying tyson offered a putter to someone and then reneged and sold it on ebay im gonna say that never happened.

ok i'm caught up........

Just my two cents.

Will

im in a different category. i am tysons friend. i go on non golf vacations with him. if i want a putter for myself i get a putter. dont compare me to anyone else. i remember and met tyson when he was selling putters out of hotel rooms. first off customer service is great....sometimes too great where i hear Tana calls too many folks. but you gave a specific instance of someone offering you a putter and then not getting it. i have learned through a decade in the collectible putter game that "he who hesitates is lost". if you are saying tyson offered a putter to someone and then reneged and sold it on ebay im gonna say that never happened.

I never said it was sold on eBay, but I inquired about a putter, Tyson responded with a price, I said I will take it and then he reneged and sold the putter to someone else. If you want I can send you a screen shot of him giving me the price, then me following up almost 10 times with no response. That to me is very poor customer service.

I like golf swag from putters to tools.

I have a lot of tools right now from

Various companies. Never collect anything before so I enjoy my collection.

Fastest divot fixer on the East coast

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

ok i'm caught up........

Speaking for myself, and maybe some others here...

Not personally knowing Tyson and Tana, I am not saying I hate him or the company. Its increasingly frustrating to those of us who can't see what his intentions are or how the business operates, vague posts about products, childish mocking of customers who are trying to give him money, and don't agree with his false-scarcity business tactics. Im not a putter collector, so i guess I am not the target market, but its not hard to see how frustrated people are with how Tana and he are operating. When Tyson starts deleting posts on social media (assumingly due to angry potential customers' comments) and, with his only publicly-facing form of communication (instagram), showing those people essentially that their money is not good enough for the Lambcrafted brand, things are going to start going downhill.

Like i said, I hope the company can keep up with the ever growing disgust with their tactics. I also realize what a vocal minority is and hopefully thats the case.

I still find it hard to believe that 350 ball markers sell out in 25 seconds. Especially with a mid-day release and a very short notice of when theyd be up for sale.

Who knows, we certainly will never get any transparency from them.

i think youre getting perfect transparency. there is no hidden agenda. the goal is to make money. they are doing that. anyone who is in business and tells you its not about money is lying to you. he needs to make more putters...not for him, but to shut people up. when hes ready he will. in the mean time he will continue to pay the bills and buy bigger facilities. im not defending him, just pointing out that you cant knock his business model....the same way you can mock camerons (he doesnt even make putters anymore and his still sell out every wednesday for 4-10k each)

I get that, and I don't own my own business so I'm certainly not trying to suggest what to do. Good for them, they're making money. There will always be a group unhappy with any business model, I also get that. But in the small world of golf-enthusiasts-who-post-on-social-media, it seems like the reputation of the business is being brought more into question, in a negative light.

Also good to know he has an answert to success...curious way to phrase that statement.

ok i'm caught up........

Just my two cents.

Will

And that’s exactly what happened to me. He didn’t even had the class to answer my email. At least Cameron did back in the day.

scotty cameron never answered your email. Titlest answered your email. someone from the studio. perhaps one of the 15 people whos jobs are to answer emails. so you are comparing an established business in cameron of 20 or so years with 100 employees at least, to a 2 man show in Tana and Tyson? get real. its hard to argue with people with a skewed view of the business. the custom shop and a 8k Cameron tour putter are not the same thing. i have been in the studio in Carlsbad. i have seen the operation with my own eyes. its a machine with tons of moving parts. not a 1600sft studio

I never said it was sold on eBay, but I inquired about a putter, Tyson responded with a price, I said I will take it and then he reneged and sold the putter to someone else. If you want I can send you a screen shot of him giving me the price, then me following up almost 10 times with no response. That to me is very poor customer service.

DM me with a screenshot and i will call Tyson on the phone and question him about it right now........ill wait

Tyson has turned his trinkets into profit pieces which are now inaccessible to people who will actually use or cherish them.

People who dont play golf or give two sh!ts about golf are buying them just to sell at inflated prices.

That's how you know you've created a great niche market, and also prove how you've lost touch and become consumed by hype and dollar signs. It can be done in ANY market, from watches to clothing to spirits to computer accessories.

Many posters in this thread are 100% correct. Tyson is an artist...he is not a putter maker.

The inaccessibility part isn't entirely true. Their last two donuts sold out on the website, as usual, but so many were made that they can be found on eBay and elsewhere for just a little above their original retail or even at retail if you find a flipper who just wants his money back. Now if you're the Lambs, of course you'll take the cash of making and selling 500 units vs. 200, but I think exclusivity is the better play in the long run. Right now he's way too exclusive on putters and veering into not exclusive enough on trinkets. And I'm not a hater, I've bought my share of stuff too, but I find myself more interested in the older items than new releases.

The inaccessibility part isn't entirely true. Their last two donuts sold out on the website, as usual, but so many were made that they can be found on eBay and elsewhere for just a little above their original retail or even at retail if you find a flipper who just wants his money back. Now if you're the Lambs, of course you'll take the cash of making and selling 500 units vs. 200, but I think exclusivity is the better play in the long run. Right now he's way too exclusive on putters and veering into not exclusive enough on trinkets. And I'm not a hater, I've bought my share of stuff too, but I find myself more interested in the older items than new releases.

i agree with you

DM me with a screenshot and i will call Tyson on the phone and question him about it right now........ill wait

Will do right now.

I understand you are a fanboy and want to defend his business model, but don’t pretend to know me or my relationship with Cameron. It makes you sound ignorant and removes all credibility from your argument.

With that, I let you be with your knick-knacks and trinkets.

Ha ha.. bro you do not even know

I understand you are a fanboy and want to defend his business model, but don’t pretend to know me or my relationship with Cameron. It makes you sound ignorant and removes all credibility from your argument.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Yeah guys, your name is in writing, you are going to be blackballed from placing an order that will not get filled. Have fun sleeping tonight knowing that! There is still time to flip your position and get in trinket master’s good graces, repent!!!!!!

I am not so sure about wanting to own his business. This statement comes off a tad defensive. Money being made is relative and maybe it would be a good business if the front end was totally changed out and ran professionally and a proper model defined and followed. I started taking an interest in this because I thought he was going another direction with it (like benock but even more custom) but that isn’t the case. I think there maybe is a cnc custom putter shop model that would be a decent second business, but when a putter guy isn’t making putters and the answer is he is making so much money making and reselling outsourced trinkets, I think it comes off as really boisterous and embellished. I think being a custom putter maker makes a decent living/job for the owner, but with a front end office situation like he appears to have from this thread, that doesn’t exactly reek of economic efficiency and profit. While that statement may be made to shut people up, I doubt that most here would trade their tax filings for his.

Imagine if this thread progressed and as it did he got kinks worked out and growing pains and all that and people were getting putters and the trinket money covered overhead and they took wait lists and delivered and could net the head profit, keep demand with wait lists, keep image on delivering, and grow the brand. That is a more appealing model.

Also a big LOL at “bigger facilities”.

I understand you are a fanboy and want to defend his business model, but donât pretend to know me or my relationship with Cameron. It makes you sound ignorant and removes all credibility from your argument.

protos F4

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bca2b88583668795992656a

protos F4

I understand you are a fanboy and want to defend his business model, but donât pretend to know me or my relationship with Cameron. It makes you sound ignorant and removes all credibility from your argument.

And don’t even care, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Your posts say something different.

Happy Friday!

protos F4

Your posts say something different.

Happy Friday!

No, my posts are very clear. You too :-)

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

I am sure raiders is a serious collector, and that is fine, but this entire thread makes this look like a shell company that is cleaning drug money. It is hard to defend and stating the situation isn’t hating it is calling it out.

Plus add in his arrogance and yeah, people want to comment. Every negative thing on here has been created by him and his awesome secret plan, so grilling guys for hating when they are poking fun at the facts becuase they are not heavy hitting collectors or Tyson is making so much money(that again, is like trump saying he is worth x based on......) are not answers to the questions that have been raised.

It is so bad that I genuinely questioned if he was struggling with the learning curve if his machine....which I still think is legitimate until proven otherwise.

Has lamb ever made a head that a client drew on paper, and he had to make in cad and produce a one off of, or only modified existing heads.?somethig like the whack stuff lumpy makes, just a weird a** one time putter head for someone? Serious question.

ok i'm caught up........

I don't collect putters, but I would try to save the dough to buy and game a Lamb if I felt more of a connection to what he does - or bought into his philosophy.. But, I don't really,,, not enough..

Tyson is not literally printing money, and if I had to guess, he probably doesn't need the money which is why he practices his business the way he does. I don't get why some get all butt hurt over not being able to get a piece of his pie. There are more deserving craftsmen making putters who you could support. I would be very wary if I were a collector. If things go south all you will have done was fund a mans play date. Look at Machine..

ok i am with you on this theory. answer one question for me.....why is tyson selling out in seconds and making money hand over fist and lots of other companies just cant seem to break through in the world of collectible putters/accessories?

i know the answer to tysons success, but im curious as to know your thoughts on why he is considered to be #2 behind cameron......

Sure thing,, Social media,,,Tyson's spitball stuck to the wall. Doesn't hurt that he is really, really tidy with his design.

He also picked the perfect combination of icons to copy/steal/appropriate. The circle Texas logo, the Lamb Krafted name scheme, the donut, etc. were all created, known and used by other entities before Tyson. He really didn't create his brand, he appropriated it. But it was the right mix.

As for selling out in seconds, again, social media. It gets the word out to A LOT more people for practically 0$ and far easier than being in a store or stores where you have to maintain a bunch of inventory. Social media and online sales is where craft/art is seeing the largest gains in sales. Some artists only use retail and gallery presence as a marketing tool.

Tyson and others are unique in that their craft is considered collectable, but their work is repeatable. It's not limited at all.. Same for the trinkets. Tyson could make them forever, and as far as I know he does not destroy the CAD/CAM file after the edition is sold.

Will lightening strike again and create another "Cameron"? It's highly doubtful and would take another Tiger like player using a Tyson who's spitball stuck to the wall many times over.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I am sure raiders is a serious collector, and that is fine, but this entire thread makes this look like a shell company that is cleaning drug money. It is hard to defend and stating the situation isn’t hating it is calling it out.

Plus add in his arrogance and yeah, people want to comment. Every negative thing on here has been created by him and his awesome secret plan, so grilling guys for hating when they are poking fun at the facts becuase they are not heavy hitting collectors or Tyson is making so much money(that again, is like trump saying he is worth x based on......) are not answers to the questions that have been raised.

It is so bad that I genuinely questioned if he was struggling with the learning curve if his machine....which I still think is legitimate until proven otherwise.

Has lamb ever made a head that a client drew on paper, and he had to make in cad and produce a one off of, or only modified existing heads.?somethig like the whack stuff lumpy makes, just a weird a** one time putter head for someone? Serious question.

And that’s the dilemma. If people are not willing to talk about the shortcomings as much as the successes, then it is a useless discussion. I’m a big Cameron fan, and used to be heavy in collecting his putters, but I have always been willing to talk about his shortcomings when warranted. When it comes to this guy, no way! He’s better than Cameron! This is a joke, but the joke is on his fans.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

I understand you are a fanboy and want to defend his business model, but don't pretend to know me or my relationship with Cameron. It makes you sound ignorant and removes all credibility from your argument.

once again not a fanboy. secondly i dont know who you are in the cameron collecting world. which means that you are not anyone in the cameron collecting world. i on the other hand have been to the studio, have gone golfing with scotty, and had multiple dinners etc.

when it comes to the world of collectible putters i put maybe 6 people more knowledgeable then myself. you sound like my 5 year old when he doesnt get his ice cream.