Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

Great argument Raiders, lol.....

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like always..

This thread is going off the rails like last time.

The shortcomings are notice and talked about. However, fans of Lamb stuff are bashed... so no win win there.

So I wish we all can agree to disagree but that is not life anymore.

I golfed today :)

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

the FUN continues :taunt:

I’m taking the weekend off on this shenanigan, lol.....One thing I’m glad Raiders made clear to all of us, Lamb is in it for the money. I respect honest truth, and if the Knick-Knacks and trinkets are the money maker, then by all means.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

Funny case study in quantity going on at Lamb's facebook page in real time right now. Tana puts up a post of the new RIP divot tools and says they're not sure on quantity yet, so comment if you plan on ordering. More than 300 "yes" comments in an hour and counting. So how many will they make? 400? 500? How many should they make?

The constant back and forth between supporters and haters, particularly comments about who knows more are really quite pathetic.

It takes away from the objectivity and legitimacy of the argument.

As a putter maker, he doesn’t release enough putters. Simple. I think that’s the overall consensus.

I 100% get that accessories make quick cash and can only hope this allows for expansion and ultimately, more time/efforts on putters.

i play poker for a living. i love poker. i play poker to make money.

business is no different.

tyson makes golf stuff for a living. tyson loves golf. tysons makes golf stuff to make money.

there is the business model.

do i think more putters need to be released? Absolutely.

would i ever tell a successful business person how to run their business? id give my 2 cents, but would respect their decisions.

i play poker for a living. i love poker. i play poker to make money.

business is no different.

tyson makes golf stuff for a living. tyson loves golf. tysons makes golf stuff to make money.

there is the business model.

do i think more putters need to be released? Absolutely.

would i ever tell a successful business person how to run their business? id give my 2 cents, but would respect their decisions.

? well said.

havent been around in a while.

everyone still hate Tyson?

ok i'm caught up........

just remember to anyone crying the blues right now......posts are in writting. dont get a putter down the road and flip your position.

i could care less what anyone thinks. Tyson is literally printing money, dont hate on him for it. every person on this thread would buy a stake in his company if they could.

but i agree he needs to release some putters.....so i understand the frustration there....

ok back to the hate from people who dont even collect putters :russian_roulette:

I don't collect putters, but I would try to save the dough to buy and game a Lamb if I felt more of a connection to what he does - or bought into his philosophy.. But, I don't really,,, not enough..

Tyson is not literally printing money, and if I had to guess, he probably doesn't need the money which is why he practices his business the way he does. I don't get why some get all butt hurt over not being able to get a piece of his pie. There are more deserving craftsmen making putters who you could support. I would be very wary if I were a collector. If things go south all you will have done was fund a mans play date. Look at Machine..

ok i am with you on this theory. answer one question for me.....why is tyson selling out in seconds and making money hand over fist and lots of other companies just cant seem to break through in the world of collectible putters/accessories?

i know the answer to tysons success, but im curious as to know your thoughts on why he is considered to be #2 behind cameron......

Guys like you and Mula who other people want to emulate. Instagram fame works in some cases, others like Malbon are a bust.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

ok i'm caught up........

just remember to anyone crying the blues right now......posts are in writting. dont get a putter down the road and flip your position.

i could care less what anyone thinks. Tyson is literally printing money, dont hate on him for it. every person on this thread would buy a stake in his company if they could.

but i agree he needs to release some putters.....so i understand the frustration there....

ok back to the hate from people who dont even collect putters :russian_roulette:

I don't collect putters, but I would try to save the dough to buy and game a Lamb if I felt more of a connection to what he does - or bought into his philosophy.. But, I don't really,,, not enough..

Tyson is not literally printing money, and if I had to guess, he probably doesn't need the money which is why he practices his business the way he does. I don't get why some get all butt hurt over not being able to get a piece of his pie. There are more deserving craftsmen making putters who you could support. I would be very wary if I were a collector. If things go south all you will have done was fund a mans play date. Look at Machine..

ok i am with you on this theory. answer one question for me.....why is tyson selling out in seconds and making money hand over fist and lots of other companies just cant seem to break through in the world of collectible putters/accessories?

i know the answer to tysons success, but im curious as to know your thoughts on why he is considered to be #2 behind cameron......

#2 in terms of what?

ok i'm caught up........

#2 in terms of what?

I was wondering the same, but didn't want to speculate.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

ok i'm caught up........

#2 in terms of what?

collectibility. the second strongest collectors market is Lamb behind Cameron. thats not me stating either....the market is saying that

I am sure raiders is a serious collector, and that is fine, but this entire thread makes this look like a shell company that is cleaning drug money. It is hard to defend and stating the situation isnt hating it is calling it out.

Plus add in his arrogance and yeah, people want to comment. Every negative thing on here has been created by him and his awesome secret plan, so grilling guys for hating when they are poking fun at the facts becuase they are not heavy hitting collectors or Tyson is making so much money(that again, is like trump saying he is worth x based on......) are not answers to the questions that have been raised.

It is so bad that I genuinely questioned if he was struggling with the learning curve if his machine....which I still think is legitimate until proven otherwise.

Has lamb ever made a head that a client drew on paper, and he had to make in cad and produce a one off of, or only modified existing heads.?somethig like the whack stuff lumpy makes, just a weird a** one time putter head for someone? Serious question.

He’s in the frat. I can email you a pm from him when I made questionable remarks about Lamb business practices.

ok i'm caught up........

Guys like you and Mula who other people want to emulate. Instagram fame works in some cases, others like Malbon are a bust.

doubtful....people dont like us that much. and compared to "The Bradley House" group of instagrammers we arent even a shadow as popular.

I am sure raiders is a serious collector, and that is fine, but this entire thread makes this look like a shell company that is cleaning drug money. It is hard to defend and stating the situation isn’t hating it is calling it out.

Plus add in his arrogance and yeah, people want to comment. Every negative thing on here has been created by him and his awesome secret plan, so grilling guys for hating when they are poking fun at the facts becuase they are not heavy hitting collectors or Tyson is making so much money(that again, is like trump saying he is worth x based on......) are not answers to the questions that have been raised.

It is so bad that I genuinely questioned if he was struggling with the learning curve if his machine....which I still think is legitimate until proven otherwise.

Has lamb ever made a head that a client drew on paper, and he had to make in cad and produce a one off of, or only modified existing heads.?somethig like the whack stuff lumpy makes, just a weird a** one time putter head for someone? Serious question.

He’s in the frat. I can email you a pm from him when I made questionable remarks about Lamb business practices.

i remember that. then you ran and told on me to Tana. i remember i had gotten a phone call from her saying i hurt your feelings.

I am sure raiders is a serious collector, and that is fine, but this entire thread makes this look like a shell company that is cleaning drug money. It is hard to defend and stating the situation isnt hating it is calling it out.

Raiders has clearly stated many times that he’s a friend of Tyson’s, not just a customer. They’ve gone on lots of golf trips together and he’s been buying his putters for years since before anyone really knew about him.

It would be a shame if he didn’t go to Bat for Tyson now and then when people are slinging the dog poop around this joint.

Hell... this thread is one drink away from becoming an on line bar fight sometimes. He’s just got his boys back is all.

Tyson almost assuredly reads this thread but he’d be dead nuts to try and jump into this snake pit and participate.

Can anyone tell me why he cares what people do with the products they buy from him? Refunding people etc seems a bit over the top. People are purchasing metal not adopting a child no background checks should be needed.

I also find in interesting he sells carbon putters for more money than stainless when carbon is generally a cheaper material.

I’m a no name collector who has gotten to hang with Scotty, The Bettinardi boys, etc but because I don’t boast about it i can’t be taken seriously.

I love all the haters on here. like it or not Tyson is an Artist and his work is collectible at this point. Some stuff is more desirable than others but those in the know would appreciate seeing one of his products on the golf course. I don't love every aspect of how he does business but I can respect his talent.

Take a ping answer put a couple stamps on it and play with the painfill and you have a lamb putter.

take a t-shirt and put a slogan, design, or logo on it and you can sell if for more if that is desirable.

If you think is is so easy. buy a few ping putters, some stamps and even go crazy and spend 5-10k on an fiber laser engraving machine. If you can put a few stamps on a $100 dollar putter and sell it for 2-3k. His tweeks, stamps, designs, and finishes are very artistic. I am sure he could care less about your opinion because he takes a $50 block of metal and puts his artistic touch on it and people line up to pay a few thousand for it.

Sound's like Jealousy or just plain hating.

I am not one of his groupies, I don't own one of his putters. I play an old Cameron Tei3 that I had BOS refinish almost 10 years ago (classic putter). I have a few other putters but I am far to cheap to pay that kind of money on a putter at this point in life.

I am sure raiders is a serious collector, and that is fine, but this entire thread makes this look like a shell company that is cleaning drug money. It is hard to defend and stating the situation isn’t hating it is calling it out.

i remember that. then you ran and told on me to Tana. i remember i had gotten a phone call from her saying i hurt your feelings.

Actually you would be wrong. It came up with another member and I showed him what an upstanding person you are. He showed Tana which in turn she wanted to contact me and apologize for you. I declined the offer and said everything was fine.

ok i'm caught up........

#2 in terms of what?

collectibility. the second strongest collectors market is Lamb behind Cameron. thats not me stating either....the market is saying that

This I have zero doubt about. Just from a biz perspective that is sorta like an artist dying on purpose to make his work collectible. I just have a hard time accepting that the long term collectibility value of something can be so easily manipulated, which appears to be the current case. long term value in collectibles is based on a very organic demand that slowly gains momentum. This immediate rise and hype perception remimds me of crypto currency/beanie babies/tulips. I mean diamonds are the only thing I can think of that resembles calculated value control like this, bit that is a massive world market and has the broad acceptance of value like currency. The other real problem is that people want to use them, most in fact are not interested from a collector standpoint but a utilitarian standpoint. If that was being fulfilled, then early things and certain releases would organically create a collector market. I am a real outside the box person, but this is hard to make sense of.

Actually you would be wrong. It came up with another member and I showed him what an upstanding person you are. He showed Tana which in turn she wanted to contact me and apologize for you. I declined the offer and said everything was fine.

cant we just be friends and let it go. i am sorry i yelled at you in a PM. im sure youre a great guy. maybe we can play a round of golf together one day. maybe it will even be at a Lamb event you come to. then you will see we all arent jerks.

I find this funny... grown man getting upset and sharing stuff

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Wait a minute,,,,, look what I found, no, it’s not a Lamb and I can have it stamped anyway I want and paint filled,,,

Thanks for providing a photo of less quality work.

If you want fully custom there are shops that will do. Two talents does engraving and more.

Make awesome tools

You serious?!?! How do you know its less quality?!?! You ever held one ?!?!?

WOW!

I guess I fall in the middle somewhere. I enjoy Lamb's products and really like the stuff I've managed to scrape together, but I also think he's done some things to warrant some of the negative attention.

As long as he's successful he'll have haters and worshipers. He makes a killer putter and some really fun accessories, and for a guy like me who just likes to golf with some sweet stuff that's good enough.

Hahahaha. This thread is a riot! Not much has changed I see :blind:

Yeah I stumbled on it this morning browsing. It is a million laughs. Sorta reminds me of the Nike 009 Butthurt thread from a few years back :partytime2:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

once again not a fanboy. secondly i dont know who you are in the cameron collecting world. which means that you are not anyone in the cameron collecting world. i on the other hand have been to the studio, have gone golfing with scotty, and had multiple dinners etc.

when it comes to the world of collectible putters i put maybe 6 people more knowledgeable then myself. you sound like my 5 year old when he doesnt get his ice cream.

2 Questions for you.......

What is the answer to Tyson's success?

Who are the 6 people more knowledgeable than you?

ok i'm caught up........

Speaking for myself, and maybe some others here...

Not personally knowing Tyson and Tana, I am not saying I hate him or the company. Its increasingly frustrating to those of us who can't see what his intentions are or how the business operates, vague posts about products, childish mocking of customers who are trying to give him money, and don't agree with his false-scarcity business tactics. Im not a putter collector, so i guess I am not the target market, but its not hard to see how frustrated people are with how Tana and he are operating. When Tyson starts deleting posts on social media (assumingly due to angry potential customers' comments) and, with his only publicly-facing form of communication (instagram), showing those people essentially that their money is not good enough for the Lambcrafted brand, things are going to start going downhill.

Like i said, I hope the company can keep up with the ever growing disgust with their tactics. I also realize what a vocal minority is and hopefully thats the case.

I still find it hard to believe that 350 ball markers sell out in 25 seconds. Especially with a mid-day release and a very short notice of when theyd be up for sale.

Who knows, we certainly will never get any transparency from them.

i think youre getting perfect transparency. there is no hidden agenda. the goal is to make money. they are doing that. anyone who is in business and tells you its not about money is lying to you. he needs to make more putters...not for him, but to shut people up. when hes ready he will. in the mean time he will continue to pay the bills and buy bigger facilities. im not defending him, just pointing out that you cant knock his business model....the same way you can mock camerons (he doesnt even make putters anymore and his still sell out every wednesday for 4-10k each)

It actually sounds like nearly every one of your posts are here defending him. As for investing in his business, I would have done it 9 months ago, when it seemed putters were going to be produced. But at this stage (it feels like a top is bear) I would head for the hills.

At the end of the day, if his goal is to make $600k- $1mm off producing ball markers and divot tools it sounds like he is going to be successful at that. But if the goal is to produce a company and brand that is worth a lot more than that 5-10 years from now, this path doesn’t seem likely to lead for that. I have always been of the mindset that building for he long produces a lot more total value, but the quick buck people do get liquidity and cash so I get that. Just my business approach has always been about providing the value and service to meet the demand, I guess this is the opposite approach. And one that often ends in a flame out, but if it does work more power to him.

It is interesting though seeing how it all has been playing out