2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

I recently reached out via the webform on Tyson's website. Tana (I believe that was her name) got back to me in a few days and took my contact info down. I fully expect to not be reached out to for a while as I'm sure Tyson has a massive backlog of work. I hope whatever he does doesn't dilute that "Custom" appeal that he has.

Mula, followed Tyson's Insta stories. Looks like it was a pretty epic trip for you guys!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was able to pick up my putter from Tyson himself this past weekend while he was in the DC area. Pretty cool experience having him hand it over to me showing me the details. My putter was requested to be a straight gamer, no fancy inserts, milling, necks. I got an updated version of his Bridgeport style putter with black shaft and leather midsize grip. 350g, 34.5" 70lie 4loft.

Feels great, looks clean and all business which is what I wanted / needed.

Tyson and Tana were quite understanding of me wait, I really look forward do going through this process again. Just hoping they are able to do it a bit quicker not just for me but for the next guy.

Nice putter, but you waited a year for this? I was expecting some one-off, unique design you requested.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

So I was able to pick up my putter from Tyson himself this past weekend while he was in the DC area. Pretty cool experience having him hand it over to me showing me the details. My putter was requested to be a straight gamer, no fancy inserts, milling, necks. I got an updated version of his Bridgeport style putter with black shaft and leather midsize grip. 350g, 34.5" 70lie 4loft.

Tyson and Tana were quite understanding of me wait, I really look forward do going through this process again. Just hoping they are able to do it a bit quicker not just for me but for the next guy.

Nice putter, but you waited a year for this? I was expecting some one-off, unique design you requested.

I think it looks clean with subtle details. Love the neck and face milling

The GGT or (greatest golf trip) was an absolute blast. it was literally 10 days of nothing but golf, crappy food, new friends and old ones. the trip was meant to be a workcation for Tyson. he was taking some time to get some golf in, but was also out there meeting new people and selling a few goodies he had around the shop. he brought a bunch of his new donut markers as well as some one off shields and such. he also brought with him 5 putters, as our final destination was the Golf Club Traders event. on the way out to the event we were fortunate enough to meet some people who answered the "open invitation" to join us for golf along our journey. some folks met up with us in D.C. and other in French Lick. 2 of the 5 putters were sold before we ever arrived in Indy. all five could have easily been gone but Tyson was adamant that he wanted guys at the event in Indy to see his work and roll his sticks.

there was nothing but positive reviews from everyone who saw and or rolled one of Tyson's creations. people were lining up at a chance to purchase on of his sticks. Tyson's biggest dilemma was how does he say yes to selling a putter to one person and no to another.....so we ended up raffling 2 of the sticks off on a whim as we were being told our banquet was closed for cleaning. we literally had to turn people down from entering the whatever you want to call it because 25 spaces per putter just werent enough. both putter games went in under 5 minutes each and multiple people had to be refunded money as Tyson felt that the price of $2500 each was more then enough. it was some of the most exciting stuff i have been apart of. i wasnt even able to purchase a spot becuase Tyson wanted NEW people to get the opportunity to get one of his flattys. games filled up and 2 very fortunate people were able to pick which stick they wanted from the 3 that were available.

i have been to my fair share of ICCs and other events where ro sham bo was a way of determining winners, or names being put into hats and if your name was called you HAD to purchase the stick for some ungodly number, and i truly believe this was was the fairest way possible. As i was driving home with Tyson he was so gracious he was even talking about doing something nice for all of the people who entered and didnt win, which he obviously didnt have to do but wanted to anyway. when we got back to the hotel with 1 putter left it was live auctioned off via Instagram Live and agian the stick went for i believe 2500$.

i understand people get frustrated with THE WAIT of getting a putter from Tyson. and for good reason as his putters are amazing. but what many must understand is that Tyson was literally working out of a 400 sq ft garage 2 years ago. where he has come in the last 2 years is really unfathomable, considering few other boutique putter makers since SC have had this kind of success and following. Tyson understands this and doesnt want to rush things and just be a flash in the pan.

i received a putter today from LaMont Mann at Mann Krafted. it is stunning and the work on it is top notch. it reminds me of the early SC handmades where you can actually feel the work that went into it. the putter is amazing. when Tyson saw that i got the putter he was as excited as i was and told me how he couldnt wait to see it and roll it and how he also was a fan of LaMont's work. That is the kind of guy Tyson is. his work is extraordinary and he appreciates other craftsman doing the same thing. whether it be my Camerons, my Lambs, my Byrons or my Manns......Tyson has always been a club whore and loved looking at putters. he is a golf nut and a creator of functional art. he is also extremely inclusive. he invited people to come and join us on our road trip. he wanted to play golf with them and made sure he played a few holes with everyone that came (probably because he was sick of Ham, Mula and myself) but he was genuinely happy to get out and just play with guys and not just talk Putters.

Tyson had gotten a bad rap originally as coming off as arrogant and cocky and its comical because it couldn't be further from how he really is. Lots of people want his work, but he is fully focused on making sure every piece he puts out there with his name on it is perfect. he is a perfectionist. He and Tana are essentially a 2 person show. and although many people dont like that it is the business model that they are set on right now and its working. how long would some of you wait to know Scotty Cameron actually milled, ground, welded, stamped, buffed, paintfilled, shafted, gripped and shipped out by the man himself....could you imagine that wait? i know i waited 3 years for one of my camerons, and even then how do i know Scotty made it? i dont is the correct answer. you know when Tyson makes you a putter HE MADE IT.

i am also aware that some people are tired of not receiving an email back. problem is that once Tyson or Tan replys to someones email they get an immediate response, and sometimes they dont see that as they are answering other emails. i dont even try to imagine how much they have on their plate, but i do know they work 7 days a week very hard to put stuff out there for people. hell they two of them are literally paintfilling the donuts with tyson's grandmother. thats how involved they are in every aspect of the process. having spent a great deal of time with the both of them i know they want to get to everyone and make everyone happy and i truly know they are devising a plan to get more putters out to everyone. i understand people have been saying that "they have been hearing this for a while now" but its true. i know becuase i have been trying to help come up with ideas for them. the two of them have their hands in everything and havent killed eachother yet, which is a testament in its own right to their relationship.

in summation, give it somemore time and be patient. Tyson plans on being in this business for the rest of his life, hes not going anywhere because this is his career. my recommendation to people is to come and play golf when he puts out an open invite. post photos of your purchases on social media, keep emailing Tana, try and get out to play golf with him when he puts out an open invite, make yourself visible in his brand, and trust he will get to you and that you wont be dissapointed. The Lamb brand is in its infancy and is only going to get bigger and bigger. and the Lamb family are some of the best people i know ( i dont just let anyone stay at my house with my family for days at a time) Tyson is one of my best friends and i know he is trying very hard to make many of you his friends as well. We are excited to see where Tyson takes this, and im excited to tee it up and play golf with many of you at events all over the country that i will attempt to get Tyson and Tana to attend (if they arent already the ones running them)

be good people and God bless the Raiders

-Santo

Yes, this is the putter I waited a year for. That ok? Are you saying my putter isn't unique or you criticizing my taste? I wanted a Lamb putter, I didn't need one. Nothing wrong with waiting for something I want.

So......this guy Lamb makes 1 putter every 6-8 months?

And if you are in his inner circle you may get a chance to buy it.

Solution is simple, hire people to take care everything besides the actual manufacturing of the goods. Obviously, the two of them can't do it all.

I feel your first statement is speculation at best and just perpetuates falsehoods about Tyson. Having met Tyson and played golf with him, much of what Santo posted recently is true. He really is a golf nut just looking at making a career in this niche market. Quality over Quantity.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

Solution is simple, hire people to take care everything besides the actual manufacturing of the goods. Obviously, the two of them can't do it all.

ok i can see why you would think that. its really a fair statement.....so allow me to ask you this. if Tyson offered to make you a putter and have it done your way in around 30 days would you open your wallet up for it?

ok i can see why you would think that. its really a fair statement.....so allow me to ask you this. if Tyson offered to make you a putter and have it done your way in around 30 days would you open your wallet up for it?

Can the people that have had sleep overs with him cut it with responding to the troll posts? Nobody looking at one of his putters is taking posts like the two you quoted seriously.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Yes, this is the putter I waited a year for. That ok? Are you saying my putter isn't unique or you criticizing my taste? I wanted a Lamb putter, I didn't need one. Nothing wrong with waiting for something I want.

I feel your first statement is speculation at best and just perpetuates falsehoods about Tyson. Having met Tyson and played golf with him, much of what Santo posted recently is true. He really is a golf nut just looking at making a career in this niche market. Quality over Quantity.

I didn't mean it that way. What I meant was that putter should've had a much quicker turn around. That's all. Not a knock against anything you have designed. Just shocked it took a year to get that putter done.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Honestly? Probably not at the current prices. I am a club ho like most on this site but I do it on a stricter budget.

Honestly? Probably not at the current prices. I am a club ho like most on this site but I do it on a stricter budget.

So you aren't a prospective customer, you just want to tell him how to run his business...?

I'd hate to see him hire a bunch of employees, automate more of the processes, and begin kicking out $350 putters.

I messaged Tyson and Tana today about a build to commemorate my son and daughter with names on the bumpers. Just told them I fully understand they aren't taking orders right now - but that I'd like to be considered for a new putter when they streamline everything and can begin taking orders again. If you have any experience w/ custom high end putters, you can't be bitter about a little bit of wait time. They're craftsman and these putters are pieces of art.

I can guarantee they don't enjoy turning down hundreds of customers, but if you respect the game and love what you do, then you want to do it the right way. Clearly Tyson sees the bigger picture and will be a huge success. Someday (when they're ready) he might even have a retail putter line - heck he may even be the "Scotty" when my kids are playing golf 25 years from now.

I recently picked up two of Tyson's putters (pic below) from Table Rock golf. For anybody that wants to get their hands on a putter, there are a few left. I have to say that the attention to detail that Tyson puts into his putters is off the charts and the final products are masterpieces.

Having started a business myself, I am very understanding of the growth that they are experiencing. Remember, if Tyson was the best at returning emails, phone calls, etc., and a s*** putter maker, nobody would be talking about him. The fact is, that he is a genius machinist and putter builder and is working on how to best accommodate all of the other aspects that come along with starting a small business. To be frustrated is one thing, but to talk s*** about Tyson is wrong.

I posted my putter on IG when I first received it, and he took the time to stop, comment and congratulate me. I felt as if he was really happy that someone new had one of his putters in his hands. I hope to get out to one of his golf meet ups soon and meet some the others that are collecting his work. Seems like a fun group and more importantly, like a solid group of people.

Just because you don't have a putter yet, doesn't mean you shouldn't look at some of the things he's putting out. The headcovers are the nicest I've seen, and that's all the way from the basic covers to the high end leather covers. The donut ballmarkers are really cool pieces and I can't wait until the divot tools are restocked, because they look really cool.

If you're a collector of high end putters, have patience keep Lamb Crafted on your radar. When the time comes for your order, or you find a putter in the wild for sale, jump on it. For me, the wait, effort and search make the end results so much better.

ckay, i'll provide the reason why it took so long as explained to me by Tyson. The original Bridgeport head shape was done about 2 years ago but Tyson never really loved it. When I placed my order he was just winding up his production of Allendales and getting that shape perfect. When I followed up with them, he told me that he was going to re-vamp the shape. When I received my putter, I was told I had the first one of the 5th revision. none of the other versions were ever sold (except one version 3 that I saw sold on IG live).

He is not going to put anything out there that he doesn't feel meets his standards. I'm ok with that.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

[

So you aren't a prospective customer, you just want to tell him how to run his business...?

Just offering advice based on my own experience. Having started my own business, I found hiring people to do the work required outside of the actual manufacturing freed me up to produce products faster. Also lowered my stress level.

Great putters, Pwood28!

Man, you got me hooked for the custom blue oil dh89 a few years ago and this!!

LOL

Thank you. That was the stick that got me hooked on this crazy putter game and is still one of my favorites. There are a lot of great putter makers out there. Tyson has risen to the upper echelon very fast. I'm excited to see where his game goes in the future.

[ So you aren't a prospective customer, you just want to tell him how to run his business...?
Just offering advice based on my own experience. Having started my own business, I found hiring people to do the work required outside of the actual manufacturing freed me up to produce products faster. Also lowered my stress level.

Thats fair and im sure Tyson would appreciate the advise. i am biased. as a collector of Tyson's work its in my best interest for him to be successful. believe me i want as many people as possible to get their hands on his work. by having product out there it is good for a resale market.....and let be honest if your buying anything for this kind of money you want the reassurance that you can always sell it down the road and get 70-100% of your money back. its the same reason why people dont mind paying 20k for an Audemar's Piguet watch, because they know that there will be a resale market. otherwise they would just buy a swatch and be done with it (or use their iphones)

[ So you aren't a prospective customer, you just want to tell him how to run his business...?

Thats fair and im sure Tyson would appreciate the advise. i am biased. as a collector of Tyson's work its in my best interest for him to be successful. believe me i want as many people as possible to get their hands on his work. by having product out there it is good for a resale market.....and let be honest if your buying anything for this kind of money you want the reassurance that you can always sell it down the road and get 70-100% of your money back. its the same reason why people dont mind paying 20k for an Audemar's Piguet watch, because they know that there will be a resale market. otherwise they would just buy a swatch and be done with it (or use their iphones)

wait....santo.....are you telling me my swatch isn't cool anymore......

This is probably going to be taken the wrong way but how is it a one man show like Byron Morgan can kick out 20-30 custom orders a month (even with out sourcing certain finishes) on top of all the bulk orders he takes for the Asian market, and a 2 person show can't even return emails to everyone let alone turn out putters at anything but a snails pace?

I get that guys like Byron have the occasional mistake, sloppy stamping, etc, but for a thread as long as this one there's hardly any putters in it.

This is probably going to be taken the wrong way but how is it a one man show like Byron Morgan can kick out 20-30 custom orders a month (even with out sourcing certain finishes) on top of all the bulk orders he takes for the Asian market, and a 2 person show can't even return emails to everyone let alone turn out putters at anything but a snails pace?

I get that guys like Byron have the occasional mistake, sloppy stamping, etc, but for a thread as long as this one there's hardly any putters in it.

I bet Byron receives his heads from somewhere else, made to his specs of course. He does all the finishing work in house, including stamping, welding, hand finishing work or work requiring hand milling.

Tyson, as far as I can tell is running everything from start to finish for each putter which is much more time consuming and probably the reason he can't scale.

I bet Byron receives his heads from somewhere else, made to his specs of course. He does all the finishing work in house, including stamping, welding, hand finishing work or work requiring hand milling.

Tyson, as far as I can tell is running everything from start to finish for each putter which is much more time consuming and probably the reason he can't scale.

I believe this is correct, Byron brings in raw heads (for most of his stuff) and then goes to work on them and does outsource some of his finishes. I am a HUGE Byron Morgan fan (own 5 of his putters with a B-17 in the works) and love his work. I have never seen anything come out of Byron's shop that isn't top notch. He's also been at it for at it for well over 20 years now, so his operation is a well oiled machine. Byron also has multiple guys (I believe it's a side gig for all of them) that can take your order, walk you through the options and reach out to Byron for anything they don't know.

Tyson has only been running Lamb Crafted for a short while, and the surge of demand he has been hit with seems like it came on crazy fast. He is firsthand doing everything from talking directly with buyers to draw out there design, to machining the heads, to stamping, finishing and painting putters. From following his rise, I'm sure that he would love to be as proficient as Byron is with order turn around and it sounds as if he is working on getting there right now. Give him time and you will be very happy you did.

In the meantime, if you can't get on the list or find a Lamd Crafted putter, go order a Byron Morgan putter. They are fantastic flatsticks and Byron is an amazing putter builder!

This. Byron receives raw heads and finishes them. Some more than others and some do take a very long time. Also at times he has still had a good bit of wait depending on finish.

I love Byron and have owned many of his putters. That said I can't wait to get my hands on a Lamb putter been waiting for the right one to pop up but unfortunately it has not yet and I unfortunately couldnt make it up for the trip a few weeks ago. That said I will continue to wait patiently and admire his work because I truly do appreciate what he is bringing to the table.

This. Byron receives raw heads and finishes them. Some more than others and some do take a very long time. Also at times he has still had a good bit of wait depending on finish.

I love Byron and have owned many of his putters. That said I can't wait to get my hands on a Lamb putter been waiting for the right one to pop up but unfortunately it has not yet and I unfortunately couldnt make it up for the trip a few weeks ago. That said I will continue to wait patiently and admire his work because I truly do appreciate what he is bringing to the table.

How does a guy like Lajosi fit in? Makes all his own Damascus, his own putters from start to finish, all as a side job to a full time engineering business. Putters go out at about 1/5 to 1/3 the cost of a Lamb, and while he isn't the quickest, the longest wait I have had is 3.5months.

How does a guy like Lajosi fit in? Makes all his own Damascus, his own putters from start to finish, all as a side job to a full time engineering business. Putters go out at about 1/5 to 1/3 the cost of a Lamb, and while he isn't the quickest, the longest wait I have had is 3.5months.

Thank you. Glad someone mentioned Kari and the way he does his business. From my perspective, Tyson is attempting to create a "brand" opposed to simply being a putter maker. Hence the rapid releases of headcovers, tools, markers, etc. who wants a Lamb cover on a non-Lamb putter?? Anyways...seems to be focused on generating a select list of clients at a higher price point (perhaps unjustified at this point in his career) versus a more mass marketed product as still a premium price point.

Thank you. Glad someone mentioned Kari and the way he does his business. From my perspective, Tyson is attempting to create a "brand" opposed to simply being a putter maker. Hence the rapid releases of headcovers, tools, markers, etc. who wants a Lamb cover on a non-Lamb putter?? Anyways...seems to be focused on generating a select list of clients at a higher price point (perhaps unjustified at this point in his career) versus a more mass marketed product as still a premium price point.

I agree. Tyson makes some fantastic putters, but I'll never buy one for the same reason I'll never buy a CT. I can justify an upcharge for extra quality / specs etc, but not a 400%+ upcharge for the brand.

Other people will though, so more power to them. Highlights how awesome capitalism is.