2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I played these after all the hype. No comparison to the feel of the titleist......sorry

the Wilson staff duo is a much better comparison and they are only 1999 a doz

The Duo? Really? It's a low compression very soft ball but without the urethane cover it is completely different around the green. it's no Kirkland. Ksig feels like a V1x........not sorry :)

opinions vary and everyone has one. unless you are swinging over 105mph for your driver, amateurs can benefit from a lower compression ball. Prov1x is a high compression ball which very few amateurs can maximize, but then again golf is the only sport where amateurs think they are tiger woods on any given day. 19.99 vs 45.00.....the value is in the Wilson ball and it feels better than the Costco balls which is selling like hot cakes because of marketing hype.......again, my opinion

I played these after all the hype. No comparison to the feel of the titleist......sorry

The Duo? Really? It's a low compression very soft ball but without the urethane cover it is completely different around the green. it's no Kirkland. Ksig feels like a V1x........not sorry :)

opinions vary and everyone has one. unless you are swinging over 105mph for your driver, amateurs can benefit from a lower compression ball. Prov1x is a high compression ball which very few amateurs can maximize, but then again golf is the only sport where amateurs think they are tiger woods on any given day. 19.99 vs 45.00.....the value is in the Wilson ball and it feels better than the Costco balls which is selling like hot cakes because of marketing hype.......again, my opinion

MARKETING hype...really?

So, I played the Kirkland ball yesterday for the first time, 2 dozen delivered to my door for $37.70. I have been playing the Chrome soft X and 2017 PV1. I was surprised, pleasantly, with how it played. Full club spin is on par with the others, seemed to be a little longer off the driver than the others, partial club spin seemed a little less, ball seemed to hit, spin then release. I need another round with them and on a course with a lot of grass on the greens. But, they will get more opportunities with me. I liked them

Great review! I agree with everything you said.

F9 9 degree Diamana white.  70G
Epic SZ 15 degree Diamana white 70G
M3 19 Hyrbrid Diamana white 90G
R11 7 wood Fuji something old school
4-pw J40 CB Modus 130 S
52,56,60 DD scratch 8810
Pointy looking thing. 
Srixon Z star

Marketing hype? Show me an advertisement please. As for opinions, they are based on facts. Opinions not based on facts are knee jerk reactions.

Duo comparison wow, must be a joke.

its my opinion....to me the joke is spending 45.00 on a dzn balls/ don't get me wrong, I love finding prov1's in the woods all the time

So what your really saying is that you spend a lot of time in the woods looking for your Wilson Duo's that cost $4 more than K-Sigs and find Pro-V1's?

Marketing hype? Show me an advertisement please. As for opinions, they are based on facts. Opinions not based on facts are knee jerk reactions.

Do you realize your username could be read sore-gon-golfer ? :taunt:

Dude, relax. Don't get sore about others not liking the KSig - ya got plenty of supporters.

Anecdotal evidence is NOT "factual". And most of the hyperbole on this thread about the KSig is anecdotal. Marketing ? Well, I guess the guys'd have to be on the payroll for that but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now I DO believe there was an iron byron test done but I'm too lazy to go look for it. If you wanna say THAT is factual, you'd certainly have a case,,,,,,,, but (most of) the posters "testimony" ? Not so much. (cool)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Duo comparison wow, must be a joke.

its my opinion....to me the joke is spending 45.00 on a dzn balls/ don't get me wrong, I love finding prov1's in the woods all the time

So what your really saying is that you spend a lot of time in the woods looking for your Wilson Duo's that cost $4 more than K-Sigs and find Pro-V1's?

I do spend time in the woods looking for my ball. no doubt. And I do find a lot of pro v1's....that's why I don't spend $45 on a dzn balls....and in my experience the Ksigs are not my cup of tea and in MY OPINION, they do not directly compare to a prov1...

I do spend time in the woods looking for my ball. no doubt. And I do find a lot of pro v1's....that's why I don't spend $45 on a dzn balls....and in my experience the Ksigs are not my cup of tea and in MY OPINION, they do not directly compare to a prov1...

Although I disagree with your findings, I'm just glad you at least tried them before bashing.

Unlike others here who never even touched one and just somehow know they suck.

X________________________________ Sign Here

Dude, relax. Don't get sore about others not liking the KSig - ya got plenty of supporters.

Anecdotal evidence is NOT "factual". And most of the hyperbole on this thread about the KSig is anecdotal. Marketing ? Well, I guess the guys'd have to be on the payroll for that but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now I DO believe there was an iron byron test done but I'm too lazy to go look for it. If you wanna say THAT is factual, you'd certainly have a case,,,,,,,, but (most of) the posters "testimony" ? Not so much. (cool)

ksigs got a ton of marketing hype from the titleist comparison.....no doubt about that........I don't like pinnacle balls or top flight balls or even callaway balls....titleist is the leading ball on the pga tour for a reason and when I played the ksigs during the same round,it didn't hold up to real on course testing FOR ME....the Wilson played better TO ME.....that's factual evidence..FOR ME... and im not yelling, just stressing the ksigs were not good for me.....for you they may work better than a titleist...I just didn't see it

Although I disagree with your findings, I'm just glad you at least tried them before bashing.

Unlike others here who never even touched one and just somehow know they suck.

its not like I couldn't hit the ball, it just didn't check up like a pro v or feel as good on my putter or irons......the Wilson is low compression and lower spin and it works really well....feels soft as well which I like. The feel around the green was surprisingly good and I like the muted feel off the putter face

Perhaps this isn't what you meant at all but your initial comment sounded as though you were saying two things:

1) the K-Sig is not comparable to a ProV1

2) the Wilson Duo IS comparable to a ProV1

That's what people were reacting to. It's a rather strange assertion to say the least. Whatever differences there are between ProV1 and K-Sig surely they are very minor compared to the difference between any urethane Tour ball and a low-compression two-piece distance ball with a Surlyn cover!

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Taylormade pays players to play their ball, do they not? How about Callaway? Bridgestone?

Is Titleist the only ball company to pay for play? I don't think so. Just the most successful. Which probably has at least something to do with the ball.

Taylormade pays players to play their ball, do they not? How about Callaway? Bridgestone?

Is Titleist the only ball company to pay for play? I don't think so. Just the most successful. Which probably has at least something to do with the ball.

Yes, they all are free to pay but the Titleist budget dwarfs the others ability to match them.

Yes, they all are free to pay but the Titleist budget dwarfs the others ability to match them.

And you know this how? Are there numbers available for public use that tell you how much Titleist or Callaway or Bridgestone or Taylormade can afford to spend paying Tour players to use their ball?

I've not seen that information before. So if 20 guys on the PGA Tour switched from ProV1x to the new TP5X would Taylormade tell them, "Sorry, we're all out of money to pay for using the TP5X"?

the whole swing speed to compression thing has been debunked many times over, but keep spreading that false info.

and MARKETING HYPE? From Costco? L-O-Freaking-L.

And you know this how? Are there numbers available for public use that tell you how much Titleist or Callaway or Bridgestone or Taylormade can afford to spend paying Tour players to use their ball?

I've not seen that information before. So if 20 guys on the PGA Tour switched from ProV1x to the new TP5X would Taylormade tell them, "Sorry, we're all out of money to pay for using the TP5X"?

Pretty much every 4 piece urethane ball performs completely the same. Everything else is marketing hype. Guys take the best deal they can get because they know clubs/balls are all on a pretty even level at this stage of golf equipment, I don't know why this is so hard to figure out. This thread has devolved into something really bizarre.

Pretty much every 4 piece urethane ball performs completely the same. Everything else is marketing hype. Guys take the best deal they can get because they know clubs/balls are all on a pretty even level at this stage of golf equipment, I don't know why this is so hard to figure out. This thread has devolved into something really bizarre.

I agree. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

It's an interesting philosophical question as to which is a bigger exaggeration (or dare I say "hype"). The guys who say all 4-piece urethane balls are completely the same? Or the guys who say they played one round with a certain ball and proved it is 15 yards longer than another with similar construction.

Nobody is much interested in realistic discussion, apparently. Something along the lines of all good-quality balls of similar construction performed pretty close to the same. But players can capitalize on the small differences among them to gain and advantage in their own game.

Nah, boring.

I have a couple of rounds under my belt with the KSig. I bought 4 dozen to play in practice rounds with the intention that I would continue to play the 2017 Pro V1 in "serious" rounds.

I think it's fine. No better or no worse than most urethane balls, and for the price, it represents an excellent value. It does not perform for me as well as the Pro V1, particularly in the wind and for shots around the green. If someone told me I had to play the KSig for the rest of the year, I wouldn't be too upset though. For me, there is a gap to the Pro V1, but the gap is nowhere near the gap in their respective prices.

One other point that came up in testing it. I have a SkyTrak and Net Return set up in my garage where I hit balls a few times per week. Because I have the Net Return, I pretty much just hit the same ball over and over until I feel like the ball is done. Mostly, I've been hitting Taylormade Lethal and TPx balls into the net, and usually get maybe 3 or 4 hundred shots out of them before they're retired. I started hitting the KSig a few sessions ago, and last night hit a 7 iron that flew about 40 yards short of what I would have expected. I picked up the ball and it was split open.

That's not the first time that's happened to a ball I've hit for a while into my Net Return, but I would estimate that I hit it at least 150 fewer times than balls from other manufacturers before they've split open. That likely doesn't impact the ball's playability on a golf course - no one is keeping a ball in play for 5+ rounds, but I though it was interesting anyway.

just a thought, its not affordable anymore, like it was...it was a steal at $30 for two dozen. People on here say its a great value, yeah, only if you got them when they were in Costco stores. you can only get them on ebay now. If they come back to stores , and are $30 for two dozen again, they will be a great value. I hit them, and liked them..just see posts on here that say its a great value...hope they come back to stores at same price, no signs right now

It's an interesting philosophical question as to which is a bigger exaggeration (or dare I say "hype"). The guys who say all 4-piece urethane balls are completely the same? Or the guys who say they played one round with a certain ball and proved it is 15 yards longer than another with similar construction.

Nobody is much interested in realistic discussion, apparently. Something along the lines of all good-quality balls of similar construction performed pretty close to the same. But players can capitalize on the small differences among them to gain and advantage in their own game.

Nah, boring.

Yep, as is the case in most situations, the "truth" lies between the two extremes.

From my perspective on performance, I keep it pretty simple. I separate balls into two categories: 2/3pc surlyn/ionomer covered balls, and 3+pc urethane covered balls. Between those two categories lies the biggest difference in performance, by far. Approach and greenside spin are quantifiably higher with urethane balls and I feel I can use that to my advantage when I'm playing well, and without penalty when I'm not playing well. But as a double-digit hc, I'm aware enough to know that I cannot capitalize on the small differences among urethane balls. The biggest difference to me, among urethane balls, is their price (enter the K-Sig). When I'm able to find urethane balls at an appealing price, I then take into consideration the differences in feel, and to a much lesser extent - trajectory and behavior in wind, among them.

We work from the same assumptions. I can just about convince myself there is a driver trajectory difference with certain ball (ProV1x flies about as high as any) but it's so small I'm not even 100% sure it's there at all. Certainly I can't leverage a bit more height on my driver shots to gain any advantage. I just worry about getting it airborne and keeping it between the trees.

But there's a very noticeable difference in results with the 2-piece Surlyn balls. Releasing too much on mid-iron shots and so forth.

If there ever comes a time I can't find "Tour" type urethane balls for around $20/dozen or less then I'll just play the cheap low-compression distance balls. They work pretty well, just not quite as good. But so far I can always find something in the urethane family for around the same price the pro shop charges for a DT Solo or Supersoft.

It's been awhile since I posted anything here and I see nothing has changed. Seems like everything on this topic isn't about the KSig ball now. I'm just wondering has anyone heard anything about the new KSig ball coming out and when it will be coming out. I've my have played this ball and really liked it. I"m not going to compare it to the Pro V because I don't use them. MY main ball is the new Srixon Z Star. Like I said I do like the KSig ball also and just wondering if any heard anything. Thank you for and comments. Now lets go play some golf. :golfer:

Nah, boring.

but would this thread by 310 pages long if it were a boring realistic discussion? I love the ksig for what it is. a $15/dz urethane golf ball.

I couldn't care less if somebody likes the K-Sig or not. What I don't like are folks who come here and rip something while making up their "facts" and calling it an opinion. We're supposed to be a collection of golf enthusiasts and give honest assessments of the latest and greatest products. Sadly, we have trolls.

As far as marketing, I would love somebody to show me where Costco marketed this product. TV commercials? Not one. Radio spots? Not one. Magazines? You get my point. Costco has not marketed this product one bit. This phenonmenon was mostly based on word of mouth.

I'm 45. I'm sore all of the time now ;)

Golf Channel, Golf Digest, Golfweek and various online forums and social media sites putting on a full-court press is the new "word of mouth" I suppose.

I'm older than 45 and don't get it. I remember when "word of mouth" meant you heard things from guys you played golf with, worked with or saw on a day to day basis. It now means "stuff I read on the Internet". The difference is, the old type of word of mouth wasn't getting paid by the click or monetizing page views.

I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.

ksigs got a ton of marketing hype from the titleist comparison.....no doubt about that........I don't like pinnacle balls or top flight balls or even callaway balls....titleist is the leading ball on the pga tour for a reason and when I played the ksigs during the same round,it didn't hold up to real on course testing FOR ME....the Wilson played better TO ME.....that's factual evidence..FOR ME... and im not yelling, just stressing the ksigs were not good for me.....for you they may work better than a titleist...I just didn't see it

That I can buy.