2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

USGA Handicap: 0.0

2017 Golfing Goals:

#1. To improve my driving accuracy and driving distance.

#2. To improve my proximity to the hole for my scoring wedges

#3. To improve my putting inside 10 feet

#4. Lower my scoring average by more than 1 stroke.

#5. To win a stroke or match play tournament.

I would like to be included in this event to be able to experience a world class club fitting process and have the ability to meet the R&D minds at Callaway. I have been very impressed with what Callaway has done over the past 3 years and would love to see what they have coming down the turnpike. I would really like to meet Anthony Taranto, he is one of my favorite artist in the world. His medium is right up my alley ( Golf Clubs). San Diego in December would be the cherry on top of a great experience. Thank you for the opportunity to have it happen. I love GOLFWRX and am excited to contribute.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current USGA Handicap: +1.2

Goals for 2017: Work and 3 Kids put a strain on the game, but I want to remain competitive at my club and in some of the State Level tournaments I play in. I tried to qualify for the USGA 4 Ball this year and would love to have a shot at that in 2017.

Why I'd Like to Attend the Opportunity at Callaway: I have never been professionally fit for my "bag". I know that going and having this level of knowledge and technology to fit your bag would be a HUGE step in staying more consistent. The idea of having a peace of mind knowing that your equipment has been masterfully fit to you and removing any doubt would be a confidence inspiring thought.

Handicap: I don't have a USGA handicap but i'm around a 7 or 8 at the moment

2017 Goals: I want to play at least twice a month and compete in 2 flighted stroke or match play tournaments. Also get my handicap back down to where it was before march 2016 when I had my first child.

This would be a once in a lifetime experience for me. I've never been custom fit for anything and having an expert fit would be eye opening for my game. Just being around a group of like minded golf junkies would be a dream come true. Thanks so much for this opportunity and considering me as an applicant

• Current USGA handicap = 9.1. 2016 was the first year out of my 22+ year golf 'career' that I've had an official USGA handicap.
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: 2016 was the first year I kept a USGA handicap, and that resulted in a more focused approach to my game and ultimately some of the most consistent golf of my life. I usually break 80 once, or maybe twice a season, but managed to break 80 on 4 occasions out of only 20 rounds played. That quickly leads me to two quantifiable goals for 2017. The first goal is simple,- PLAY MORE GOLF! 20 rounds seems really low, especially when 5 of those rounds were played over the course of 2 days. I do have two daughters that are active in after-school activities, as well as a full-time job, so that's part of the reason for the limited golf, but I think there was also a lack of motivation in play in 2016. My second measurable goal is to get my handicap down at least 1.5 strokes to a 7.5 or lower. In addition to these two 'quantifiable' goals, I have not taken a 'buddies' trip in more than 5 years and would like to find the time and funds to go on a golf-oriented vacation, or at least attend a professional tournament.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: First of all, the trip is obviously an awesome, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and one that I'd love to participate in. Also, I've never been fitted for clubs, with the exception of a watered-down 10 minute hitting bay 'fitting' at a store when buying some off-the-rack clubs. I can only imagine that a full fitting of the most technologically advanced Callaway clubs would assist me in achieving my first goal of lowering my USGA handicap. Also, playing better golf would mean having more fun, which should mean I'd be able to achieve my other goal of playing more golf. Fun golf has to equal motivation, right? In summary, I want to attend this exclusive Callaway Golf trip to HAVE FUN!

Thanks for this awesome opportunity, and congratulations to whomever is lucky enough to be picked. Fingers are crossed!

*Edit- just realised the trip is right after my birthday, so it would be a combined belated birthday and early Christmas gift for me, doesn't get better than that!

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

• ​Current USGA handicap

7 - was a +3 when I "quit" to raise my boys and just started playing again after 6 year hiatus about 45 days ago

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017

Win the Club Championship in 2017 (I want that parking spot!) Win the City Championship and play some high level Mid-Amatuer golf maybe a US Open Qualifier as an amatuer

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

After 6 years of not playing (raising family, building our own business) I am excited to be back playing golf. After a career in the golf business and golf being "work" I am now proud to say that golf is FUN, less expectations for my game - turned into some of the best golf of my life. In the past I've played Callaway but bounced around looking for that something special and always returned to Callaway. The 6-8 inches upstairs is the biggest part of my golf success and being able to limit ANY & ALL questions of what is in my hands hitting that shot would be be the best opportunity myself or anyone could have and no better company to do that with than Callaway.

Current USGA Handicap: I don't have an official handicap but it would be around a 10

Goals for 2017: First would be play more. Between the military and 2 kids my game has suffered. Second goal is to get back into the 70's and actually get fit for new equipment so I am confident with what I am swinging.

Why I'd Like to Attend the Opportunity at Callaway: Beyond the fact that the trip would be awesome, I would love to be fit by the best with some of the best equipment on the market. I would love to see the R&D process and talk tech.

In a post below, include:

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

I topped out at a 0.3 index a few years back out of college but my index now varies between 3 - 5 with it landing at a 3.0 this week. I have been a career focused CPA working as a KPMG public accountant and my golf game as subsequently struggled. I have recently moved down south so that I don't have to fight the winter golfing blues and I am ready to turn my game around. With my golfing man cave in my new house and a 12 month golf season I would like to be a + index by the end of next year. I'd like to attend for a slew of reasons other than it being an absolute blast. I believe I was incorrectly fit for irons two years ago. I'd love to have clubs professional fit and built exactly to my specifications and I just hope those specs are similar to KPMG's poster boy Phil Mickelson. With a 14 club fitting I would be most excited to be professionally fit for wedges as short game is my Achilles heel. I have been told a variety of things about what wedges to play but one thing is for sure. I play better with Roger Cleveland wedges than Titleist.

Current USGA handicap: +2.0

Goals for 2017: Play better tournament golf and shoot in the 60s consistently. After back-to-back successful state mid-am qualifiers, the last two seasons of state qualifiers haven't gone how I would like them to. It's been frustrating and I'm ready to change that.

Why I want to get fit at Callaway: Growing up in Chicago, I learned to play the game with my dad's set of original Big Bertha irons. First set, after finally taking up the game seriously after high school, was a set of 2002 Big Berthas. And when I was a PGA apprentice, I even got my Titleist staff deal pulled for playing the Callaway HX Tour ball in a NTPGA section event. I could go on and on with stories about Callaway in the time I've been around the game. There has always been this natural attraction to Callaway's product and I would love to see Callaway help me become the player I know I can be.

I've always been a self-tinkerer and haven't ever been professionally fit. I know my game could get to the next level that I envision it being at. I just ask for the chance to see it happen.

Thank you Callaway and GolfWRX for offering us the chance at an opportunity like this!

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 16.5* Fujikura Ventus Blue 8x

Srixon ZX 20* KBS Prototype 95x

TaylorMade P7MC 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Mizuno T22 50* 55* 60* DG TI S400

Yes! Tracy

Titleist ProV1

• ​Current USGA handicap
    • 5.1 (Canada)

[*]State the goals for your golf game in 2017

• ​I'm looking to bring more consistency to my game. Currently, I can go fairly low and shoot around par, but other days I'm 10-12 strokes over par. I would be much happier to shoot scores in a smaller range. Gaining some accuracy and consistency off the tee(Driver or 3W) are very high on my priority list. My iron game is the strongest part of my game, but my short game is hit or miss. There are some days I can chip it close and have tap in pars, and other days I'm left with some testers. Putting is hot or cold as well. I can 3 putt a couple times a round, but that's due to playing so many different courses with varying green speeds than direction issues.

[*]State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

• ​I'm not currently playing any Callaway clubs, and while I know they make solid, high performing clubs, I do not have access to a fitting center near me that I trust. If there was a fitting center closer to me, I would have given them a chance to sneak a few clubs into my bag.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

Current Handicap: 8.7

Goals for 2017:

1. I want to become more consistent with my game so I have an expectation for the type of round I'm going to shoot. I want to get away from "great days" and "really bad days" and into a range of great to okay, if that makes sense.
  2. Most importantly, I want to introduce my son (3 yrs old) to the game of golf and be able to work with him as he grows and develops in the game (and hopefully loves it - if he would rather be an artist, that's cool too.

Why I want to attend this exclusive event:

1. I'm a tinkerer and I want to continue to hone my knowledge of clubs and the mechanics of creating, adjusting, fitting, etc.
  2. I want to have the edge I need to beat what I think I can achieve in this game.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 7.1
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - My goal for 2017 is to get sub 5.0 in order to qualify for some entries into New York's MGA amateur tournaments. To do so, I will need to tidy up all aspects of my game to avoid that one or two big numbers that seem to hit the card. I am currently working on a go-to "safe shot" off of the tee with my driver and a "safe shot" for 150 - 180yd approaches into the green. That means a nice 3/4 swing that will get me safely on the green for an easy two putt.
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I want to attend the event mainly because I have done a good job of fitting myself for driver/shaft combinations. I currently play standard LLL with a DG shaft. I have never had the opportunity to go through an iron shaft fitting and have always defaulted to a DG shaft. Based on the current market place of offerings, there are several shafts that I feel I should be testing including the various steel and graphite models.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

• ​Current USGA handicap - .7
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - turn that .7 into a +2 or better; finally get through local qualifying for the USGA Senior Amateur
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - as an amateur clubbuilder, it would be interesting as all get out; I'm sure Phil will come by to say "Hi"; I've played Callaway off and on since 1995 and I always look forward to their yearly innovations. I may not decide to play Callaway each year, but they are always on my radar. I may not always play Callaway, but when I do . . . none of my buddies are surprised.

• ​Current USGA handicap: +1.2
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to win at least one member/guest I play in and I would like to be competitve in solo competitions within and outside my club.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I have loved the last few pieces of Callaway equipment I have owned. I have never been fully fit for a bag top to bottom. I truly believe that quality fitting will help improve my game.

Current handicap - 10.8

Goals for 2017 - break 80 consistently and tighten the high end of my range to take out the low 90s rounds. Switched to a new coach last year and have made great progress with the ball striking. Always had a good short game but need to cleanup the ball striking.

Why - switched to the 2016 chrome soft last year and honestly can't see myself playing another ball. I've played just about every brand of pro line ball and have never been as impressed as I'm have been with the chrome soft.

Given the results with the ball a chance to toy with an entire bag of callaway sticks would be huge for my 2017 goals.

Current handicap: Around a 14. I have not kept an official handicap in 2 years. 2 years ago I was a 12 and I have played slightly worse this summer.

Goals for 2017:

Personal golf goals: I would like to make a concerted effort with my practice. I do not have a consistant practice routine. As a father of a 2 year old (with another on the way) it is so hard for me to find the time to create a practice routine for myself that I can squeeze in. I am hoping that I can practice and get back down to a 12 handicap within the year.

Coaching goals: I am the head JV golf coach at the school I teach at. It is a very rural school with a very small number of golfers. About half of my JV team last year were kids that had never played 9 holes of golf before try outs. I wanted to give a little background before saying this: my number one coaching goal this year is to get even more kids to try out for golf. Our program will never be successful if we cannot get more kids interested in playing. I want to get at least 3 more kids to try out for the team and get invested in the game so we will have a larger pool of players for our varsity team in a few seasons. My secondary coaching goal is to win at least 2 matches this season. We did not win a single one last year and it was heart breaking for some of my kids. I would love for them to experience what it feels like to win.

Why I want to attend this event:

Quite frankly this would be the coolest thing I would ever get to do outside of marrying my wife and watching my kids be born. Callaway is at the forefront of golf equipment technology and I would love to see what goes into designing and fitting clubs all while being able to test and hit the coolest equipment in golf. I have never been fitted for a golf club and I have never been able to buy a brand new club at a store. I am always hunting the used racks to piece together my bag. As a school teacher it is rough to be able to afford this game sometimes. I would absolutely love to be able to be fit for my swing and try out the latest and greates equipment Callaway has to offer. I would also love to be able to document and share my experience with my players and possibly bring them back some swag. This would also allow me to pass on my current equipment to my players who are in need of it. With a bag full of new Callaways there would be no reason for me to hold on to my old equipment. This really would mean the world to me, but I understand that there are a limited amount of spots foe this fantastic trip. No matter what happens I want to thank Callaway and Golfwrx for offering this exciting opportunity and I thank both of you for the opportunity to apply.

§
Current USGA handicap: 6

§
State the goals for your golf game in 2017:
I want to return to playing consistently in scored events and socially on a regular basis for business purposes and to satisfy my competitive urges. I played 4 years of high school golf and missed my collegiate team by one stroke as a freshman. At that time I had all hand me down equipment that did not fit and was often mocked when playing in events. To say I overcompensated later in life would be an understatement! Ended up playing a team sport in college and only returned to golf to play with clients. This created many significant friendships and opportunities which I continue to enjoy. Through golf I experienced one of the most beautiful and exclusive places in the world (Augusta National for the Masters) and the ultimate every man experience, staying in my car overnight to play Bethpage Black. Still am never more nervous than teeing it up in a 36 hole best ball with my buddy. Sometimes I think he does it only to see what's in my bag that day, and how many clubs I will change out on the range that morning.

§
State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:
I am a true club junkie, I know many here make that claim but few have the storage facility of clubs, memorabilia and hitting station to back it up. I own at least 4 sets of Callaway irons, X14 pros, diablo forged, protos, and xforged 009. I have more than 6 pristine Odyssey putters, MD PM wedges, various Xhot fairway woods and hybrids. I buy and sell more clubs than day trading stockbrokers move stocks. Being single helps afford me this luxury. All this being said, I buy all my clubs on appearance and feel, mostly in a simulator, or on reviews here on site. I have never been fitted. I have justified this by sometimes feeling I know more than a few of the fitters I met over the years. That obviously would not be the case this time. Callaway makes a full line of top notch products and to to see their process, what works for me and why, at this point in my game would be something I would never forget.You would have a very willing participant in writing about the experience. I have been out to Carlsbad several times. I have some good friends there and always kick myself on the plane ride back to the NYC area, wondering why I don't stay. Full disclosure, I won one of the first Taylor Made trips several years back but did not see the email in time and was passed over. This tortured me for some time, especially reading about subsequent trips. It has always been a dream to do a fitting and a Callaway fitting would be such a privilege. I was a long time Arnold Palmer fan after meeting the King as a boy. I remember vividly when he spoke on behalf of Callaway when he joined them and they were in the middle of the non-conforming debate. With his passing, I would love to exchange stories with the Callaway guys and learn more about his clubmaking passions.

GolfWRXers, we are looking for 8 members to join us at Callaway Golf Headquarters in December and this visit will be EPIC. Features include:

• All expense paid trip to Callaway HQ
  • The ability to test Callaway products not-yet-available to the public
  • Full bag fitting at famous Ely Callaway Performance Center
  • 14 Custom-fit Callaway Golf Clubs
  • Golf with Callaway and GolfWRX at a nearby course in the San Diego area
  • Of course, some additional surprises

Complete details and how to enter below.

THE EVENT:

This year Christmas comes early for a handful of WRX members! From December 11th - 13th Callaway invites 8 members of the GolfWRX community on an exclusive, all access, all-expenses paid trip to global headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.

On this trip you'll test new and prototype product, experience a full bag fitting with the club specialists that fit Callaway's Tour Pros, participate in R&D workshops, play golf with Callaway reps and be immersed in how and why Callaway has become the #1 club manufacturer in golf. Plus a few other surprises along the way.

DATES: Sunday, December 11th - Tuesday, December 13th

GROUP INVITES: 8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST BE:

• A GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Ready and willing to achieve your 2017 golf goals with the help of Callaway Golf
  • In a post below, include:
    • ​Current USGA handicap

WHO: Callaway Execs, Ely Callaway Performance Center Fitting Team, and Reps from R&D, Marketing and Global Product Category Management

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:

Club fittings, R&D workshops, conversations with industry experts, a round of golf with Callaway reps, swag giveaways, and testing of prototype equipment and more – all in beautiful Carlsbad, California (which is not under snow in December).

Note you'll be expected to contribute to a live Callaway visit thread and possibly on social media as well.

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED: GolfWRX will evaluate the posts of applicants submitted by the deadline of EOD, October 25, 2016. Invitations are sent via GolfWRX message system. If any participant does not confirm within 24 hours of being notified, GolfWRX will withdraw the invite and choose another applicant.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

My Current RCGA handicap is 14 on a course with a Slope Rating of 124.

My goals for 2017 are to take more lessons from my local CPGA teaching professional, score consistently in the mid to low 70's and to really enjoy the game. I feel that while I have tried many types of equipment, I am concerned with my current equipment. I was fitted for my irons, but not my woods, wedges or putter. I feel that if I am going on this journey to make myself a better golfer I should at least do myself the service of having a complete custom set of golf clubs.

I am taking the time to better develop my game through professional instruction I should have the correct equipment in my hands while I am headed towards my goal. I should have a proper custom fitting session with Callaway Golf at their Headquarters and get the best fit equipment for me and my future game. So, if Callaway is offering me a chance to get this equipment and have it all set up to suit me and fit me, count me in!!!

Jim Swyer

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Nike Vapor Fly Mitsu Tensei Blue 50 S[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Nike Covert Tour 15* Mitsu Kuro Kage Silver 60 S[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 913 18* MItsu Diamana Blue R[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Mizuno MP-64 3-PW Project X 5.5[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Mizuno T-4 50* T-4 54* DG Spinner[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Nike VR Pro x3x 58* DG [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TM Rosa Maranello[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TM TP '15 Ball[/font][/size]

Current USGA handicap 3.5 index

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017. I am currently serving in the United States Air Force and would like to apply to the Air Force Golf Team in the FY 2017 season tryout will be in August-September time frame, I need to Play and compete in state and local Am events to build a resume to submit with my application. I would truly like the opportunity and be selected for this prestigious event.
  • Attending this function will be a life goal for me as I am a Club Ho. Knowing the process and understanding an in depth knowledge of why and how have always kept my curiosity in golf. Full disclosure I am LEFT HANDED.

KING LTD PRO Driver & KING LTD 3 Wood Stock Stiff shafts and length
PING e1 Irons 5-PW and PING Glide SS 48,52,56,TS60 all with Stock Length and Black Lie angle with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts
Odyssey 2 ball Fang Putter with Superstroke Pistol 1.0 Grip and Nike RZN Tour Platinum Ball

USGA index:

Goals:

I want to break 70. I also want to play consistently whatever course I play, I travel work and play around the country and would love to drop low scores at new places.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

would love to have the opportunity for a professional fitting so I can stop the vicious cycle of buying and selling clubs all the time,

Being treated like a pro and have access to pro quality fitting equipment and professional is a dream

G400 Max Ad DI 7
M3 15 degree Tensei Blue
Srixon H45 19 hybrid Tour spec 8.8
Srixon Z 565/765 Nippon 125
Vokey Forged 50F, 54M, 60J Nippon 125
Scotty Cameron X7M

• ​Current USGA handicap 5
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I am a dad of two small children who use to play and practice all of the time. Due to family commitments I do not have the time to play and practice like I once did. I also have cut back on switching clubs which I use to do all of the time.. In 2017 I want to break 80 10 times. I want to play 20 times and work on a swing and bag that will lead to a more consistent game. I am looking for forgiveness and consistency to overcome my lack of play and pratice.
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf. My first driver was a big bertha and my first irons were the big bertha x12 pro irons. I know what a wonderful company Callaway is and how good their equipment is. I also am club junkie and would this experience would be a trip of a lifetime.

​Current USGA handicap: somewhere around 19 or so

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: In 2017 I will break 90 more consistently! With the proper tools and training / coaching / practice, I will try my best to get my a** off the couch (and out of the office) to play at least 1 round per week and make 1 range session per week.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I have been playing since 1976 and have never been properly fit for a full set of clubs. Mostly hand me downs at first , then off the shelf clubs ever since. I've always wondered if I would benefit from proper fitting, but never had the time or money to find out. I would love to see how a proper fitting at Callaway Would impact my game!

----

USGA index:

Goals:

I want to break par! I have done it on the front and I've done it on the back, but never for 18 holes. I want to have a game that is steady enough that even when it comes "unglued" during a round, I never fire a score that starts with a 9! My short game is my savior, but I prefer to start hitting greens and walk up with JUST my putter... instead of my putter AND trusty wedge.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

My bag is a motley crew of sorts... Driver, fairway, hybrids, irons, wedges... none match the other. I have always wanted to show up with a bag that matches from head to toe, and what better way to do it than being fit by the new industry leaders themselves... Callaway Golf!

The chance to tour Callaway's facility, meet their staff, R&D and engineers (and hopefully Dr. Hocknell for a second time) what be a real life dream come true!

I've said it in many of the "If you could only game one brand" threads on here that Callaway would be my brand, now Golf WRX is offering the perfect opportunity... Gentleman, please choose me!

PS - I certainly wouldn't mind being one of the lucky fellows who might sneak away with one of the first Toulon designed Odyssey putters, either. :victory:

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Current USGA handicap - 3.1

2017 Goals - I need to work mostly on my iron game 100-175 yards out and the putter.

The reason I would love to attend this amazing opportunity - I would love to get a deeper understanding of the ins and outs of Callaway golf. Getting to listen to the executives chat about Callaway and the industry would be an amazing opportunity and getting to hear about R&D from the guys and gals that create the clubs. Learning about the process of designing a club to it hitting the store shelves would be very cool to learn about. I always dream about what it was like to get fit like the pros do and how that will translate to the course for a player of my ability. Very few people get that opportunity and that would be a fantastic bucket list opportunity for me.

Thanks!!

HDCP- 4

2017 goal- to win points race in my flight on local Golfweek Am tour.

Would like to get a full club fitting down to the ball type to leave no stone unturned to help my game.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)

Current USGA Handicap: 10

Goals for 2017: Naturally I want to get better but as I am now getting older I would like to concentrate on the areas that I know I can improve in such as being more consistent with my iron play and short game. Putting is also critical and I want to be certain that I am stroking the ball solid and on line.

Why do I want to attend: As I noted above I am getting older and my swing is slowing down and it is even more critical now that I have clubs that give me maximum distance while at the same time consistent shot patterns. I presently use Callaway XR irons and I like the Steelhead XR irons more because they are less offset which look better to my eye since I hit the ball right to left. I want to maximize my drives in both distance and accuracy and I have never really had a putter fitted to my size and stroke pattern.

• ​Current USGA handicap: 3.8
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: At 53 I'm losing some clubhead speed and my current set might not fit my swing. I want to make sure my equipment is fitted for me so I can play my best.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I appreciate the innovation and attention to detail at Callaway. It would be the trip of a lifetime to see the fitting center at Carlsbad and to go through the process that elite golfers use! As a longtime Mizuno iron and Titleist wood/wedge player I would be open to being converted to the Callaway brand...

• Current USGA handicap: 5.6
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My goal for 2017 season is to improve my putting and all around mental game. I'm happy with my ability to get up and down and my iron/wedge game for the most part. I struggle with putting as well as making poor decisions throughout my round. Whether it's playing a club shorter than what makes sense, or trying to go for a green in 2 with danger lurking, I need to be more profound in my pre-shot mental process.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I would REALLY enjoy this process and opportunity to visit Callaway HQ in Carlsbad, CA. One thing I have never done is get fit for any of my clubs. I've always wanted to get fit but the standard L/L/L and stock shafts have got me to where I'm at today. I wonder what a real fitting throughout the bag at one of the top golf companies in the world would do for my game! I'm excited just thinking about it! I'm also a really down to earth dude who would love nothing more than a little 3 day golf extravaganza with some fellow Golfwrxers! Thanks for the opportunity!

Thank you for the opportunity

• Current USGA handicap: unofficial 15
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017:
    1.) Hit more greens from 140yds and in. Most of the time I'm left with this distance of approach shots, and I still find a way to miss greens
    2.) Work around the greens. I constantly feel uncofortable around the greens. More practice will help, but there is a lingering thought Im just gonna hit it fat.
    3.) I tend to be a bit aggressive off the tees thus leading to a few errant shots...leading to penalty strokes and blow up holes. I think this can be combated two ways. One, obviously more practice to gain consistency and smarter golf.
    4.) Ideally the combined above will shave 5 strokes off my handicap. I would like to get in the 8-10 hcp range and shoot at least one round in the 70s
    Obviously it would be an amazing experience...but the real reason is I've been playing for over 20yrs and never took a lesson, got fitted, and basically learned everything I know by trail and error. I think this fitting can help with my goals stated above as a proper fitting will allow me to remove the doubt that comes with pure trail and error. Furthermore, with proper fitting I would feel more comfortable taking lessons......once again helping to achieve my golf goals.

Handicap: 7.2

Goals for 2017: I want to get as close to scratch as possible. I also want to play in some USGA tournaments to see how I play under pressure. Knowing that my equipment is 100 percent tailored to my game, and that I don't need to question it at all, would help immensely.

I want to be part of this opportunity because I have never been able to afford the chance to get fitted for clubs. My whole golfing "career" I've essentially been guessing as to the equipment that I need, buying it second hand, and I feel like I'm leaving a lot on the table. Especially when it comes to wedges and irons.

Aside from golf, I'm also not very well traveled. For the same reasons I haven't been able to afford a quality fitting, I also have not been able to travel much at all. I have been on a plane exactly twice. I have never been to the west coast, and it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to do so. Add a professional fitting and golf focused trip, and it would honestly be life changing.