APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

Current Handicap is 13

2017 Goals: At the age of 75, I periodically break 80 playing 3 times a week. I want to shoot in the 70's more consistently.

Callaway Big Bertha irons is what I currently play but was never fitted for these sticks. Love the clubs and the feel. Best I have ever played. Would love to try and test all the latest Callaway clubs and be involved in the choosing the correct shafts, the reasoning behind determining the correct kick point, shaft butt and tip stiffness or softness and shaft flex and weight for irons, wedges, hybrids, driver and fairway metals. What a great opportunity to experience.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current handicap +1.2

2017 Goals Win US Mid Am after having qualified this year. Win Metropolitan Player of the Year Honors

Why I want to attend? To get the best possible equipment for my game from the best fitters. After having bought countless clubs at golf stores I feel getting the best equipment through one's game is through testing and seeing the shot outdoors. Plus you get to attend one of the best golf companies in the world.

In a post below, include:

​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

----

USGA index:

Goals:

Shoot a score under par more consistently. Improve my proximity to the hole from 150 yards in (wedge play). Tighten up shot dispersion. And the goal every year, fewer putts per round!

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

Having never gone through a proper fitting, I would love to see how the fitters could work with me to realize the goals listed above. I am also very interested in golf r&d, and would be thrilled to see the new products, learn what goes into consideration for new prototypes. And to get geared up by the best of course!

Current Handicap: 1

Goals: Finish in the Top-25 of my State Amateur. I have competed over the past few years but haven't managed to secure an exemption for a following year yet.

Why go to Callaway?: I've been playing some higher level golf over the past few years and would love to make sure that my clubs are in tune as best as they can be. I feel like this type of fitting would push me to playing at the highest level that I can. Thanks for the opportunity!!

Titleist TSR4 Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X

Titleist TSi3 15 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 75X   

Callaway Apex UW 19 Project X HZRDUS RDX 80 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM9 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM9 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

My current handicap: Likely around 25, I should be around an 18 but more on that...

My goals for 2017: Drive to drop at least 7, up to ten strokes, off my handicap. Big chunk, sure, but this is about so much more than simply golf. It's about love.

Why should I attend: Because I need golf in my life, moreover I need it in my son's life, and his friends' lives. Last fall I lost the game - I lost my dad. He was my teacher, my inspiration, my best friend, my two games a week forever guy. When I lost him, golf faded away, it just stopped mattering, my handicap soared, in turn my health suffered from losing those 9 hole strolls. In two weeks it will have been a year. It's time for golf to matter again, it's time for me to find the love and to share that love with my son and our community. Golf matters, it's an undeniable bond between generations. A bond that I need to pass along. Will I ever be a high-end technical guru? Nope, but if I can find the clubs to reignite my game, I will be an evangelist.

USGA index:

+1.0

Goals:

Consistency. My handicap has been as low as +2.5 and has dropped simply due to less practice (two little girls and a busy career will do that to you). Though my rounds have stayed consistent, my practice time has dropped dramatically. My goal is to refocus practice time this winter and come into the 2017 season playing many tournaments and winning my city amateur championship.

It would be the ultimate piece of mind to have every piece of my equipment built to my exact spec/need. While I've been fitted many times and have great equipment, to have the ultimate tour fitting experience (top equipment + top fitters) will ensure that everything is in place to help with my 2017 aspirations. Thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway for an amazing opportunity!

Cobra LTDX 9* Ventus Blue 6X
Cobra LTDX LS 16.5* Ventus Black 8X
Cobra Tour 4-PW PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX6 50*/54*/58* PX 6.5
Ping PLD Anser D

Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

• ​Current USGA handicap - 6.9
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Consistenly shoot in 70s and maintain concentration for all 18
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - Have played X-Forged irons past 4 seasons and want to see what new technology can do for my game. In addition, would like to explore Callaway drivers and wedges that would fit my game. Have always wanted to visit a big OEM and this opportunity would be unbelievable!

hdcp +1.4 , goals to play in senior us open, was last alternate to not get in this yr. have clubs perfectly fit through the bag.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Current USGA Handicap: 1.1

2017 golf goals: Have a handicap of +2 or better by the end of the season, have a tournament average under 75

Why I would want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Most golf equitment companies have one thing they specialize in, whether is be drivers, irons, wedges, or putters. Callaway is the one company that has no lacking areas. I would love to see how a set of custom Callaway clubs would preform relative to what I am already gaming.

Current USGA Handicap- 8

Goals for 2017 Golf Game: Keep Handicap in single digits while on an aircraft carrier. All around improvement is the true goal, but would like to perfect short game to play a 3 wedge system vs. 4.

Why I'd like to attend: Callaway is the first brand that I have hit, and I absolutely love the clubs and customer service I get from the company. Currently gaming the 815DBD, Apex Ut 21 & 24, RazrMB 5-pw , Cleveland wedges(sorry, lol) and Odyssey 777cs putter (in love with this). Getting stationed in San Diego in November, so Carlsbad is a really short drive. C'mon WRX, this would be the best Christmas gift a Cally-Ho-Ho-Ho could get.

I felt really good about that shot....
Until I hit it.

• Current USGA handicap: 10.0
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Be more consistent, reduce the number of double bogeys and three putts, and score more birdies.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've always been mostly a feel player, but I'd like to get more into the science of playing to determine the best equipment for me.

Handicap;10

Goals; Become an 8 handicap by mid year and drop it to 5 by December.

Why; Used to play Callaway irons and wedges, my real first club was a diablo 3 wood and loved it. It comes easy for me to answer this. I think getting fitted profecianally will help me achieve my goals for 2017. Callaway has great products that can help me get there.

I appreciate the chance for such an amazing opportunity!

- Current USGA handicap: 15.3

- State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Get my index to 10, increase GIR to 50%, decrease average putts per round, and continue to have fun while enjoying this fantastic game!

- State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: Anyone can go get a fitting at their local big box store, but very few amateur golfers get the opportunity to get a fitting like the pros. Aside from being a phenomenal experience, I believe getting fit at ECPC would truly improve my game and help me achieve my golf goals. On top of that, December golf in San Diego is always a great time!

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

My usga index is currently 11.3

My goals for 2017: to become more consistent with my driving, learn some better strategy when playing to save my score and to become a better putter. I'd also like to learn more about ball spin and how it affects the different parts of my game.

I'm a total diehard Callaway nutjob. I've been playing their equipment for over 20 years. I'd love to visit and get fitted so that I can get a set of clubs that's designed for my specific game style and swing speed. I'd also love to finally meet so many of the zoo crew members in person. I've been engaging almost all of the zoo crew members since they started visiting wrx and it would be a thrill and an honor to thank them for all of the joy and special memories that they have given to me these last few years!!!!! If picked, I also promise to post colorful stories, pictures and observations from my trip. If you read any of my product reviews on the callaway website, you'll find I'm a decent writer/reviewer.

Playing some golf with the zoo crew would be a dream come true for me. If picked to join this event, I promise not to pee my pants if Phil comes in and says "Hi!"

with your current USGA handicap, your 2017 golf goals and why you want to be a part of this exclusive opportunity

Current handicap - 19

Goals for 2017 - I would love to get down to under 15 handicap and break 80. I know I can do it. It all just has come together in one round. It's gonna happen.

Why I want to be a part of this exclusive opportunity? Ummm...Why wouldn't I? For real, though, ever since I started trying to play golf on the junior high golf team in the mid 1990s, with a borrowed set of blades and persimmon woods that were hand-me-downs to my brother-in-law, Callaway has represented the ultimate dream in golf equipment, the clubs only a real golfer could bag. I dreamed of someday being one of those golfers. I remember a couple years after that filling out a drawing ticket for a full set of Callaway Warbird clubs in a sweepstakes with Dillard's department stores and dreaming of winning that bag.

Now I've grown up and can afford better sets of clubs, but a full bag of Callaway equipment is still a dream. I've gamed many individual Callaway wedges, drivers and fairways and had great success with them. I've dreamed of even a basic club fitting for many years now, wondering how my game might improve if my clubs were fit to me. A chance to win a full Callaway bag, custom fit to me, at the Callaway Golf facilities, geeking out on golf equipment with Callaway experts, playing golf at, well, not my local muni... seriously?!?! I'm a fourteen year old wannabe golfer again, dreaming of how sweet it would be to to game a full bag of Callaway clubs!

with your current USGA handicap, your 2017 golf goals and why you want to be a part of this exclusive opportunity

Current handicap - 19

Goals for 2017 - I would love to get down to under 15 handicap and break 80. I know I can do it. It all just has come together in one round. It's gonna happen.

Why I want to be a part of this exclusive opportunity? Ummm...Why wouldn't I? For real, though, ever since I started trying to play golf on the junior high golf team in the mid 1990s, with a borrowed set of blades and persimmon woods that were hand-me-downs to my brother-in-law, Callaway has represented the ultimate dream in golf equipment, the clubs only a real golfer could bag. I dreamed of someday being one of those golfers. I remember a couple years after that filling out a drawing ticket for a full set of Callaway Warbird clubs in a sweepstakes with Dillard's department stores and dreaming of winning that bag.

Now I've grown up and can afford better sets of clubs, but a full bag of Callaway equipment is still a dream. I've gamed many individual Callaway wedges, drivers and fairways and had great success with them. I've dreamed of even a basic club fitting for many years now, wondering how my game might improve if my clubs were fit to me. A chance to win a full Callaway bag, custom fit to me, at the Callaway Golf facilities, geeking out on golf equipment with Callaway experts, playing golf at, well, not my local muni... seriously?!?! I'm a fourteen year old wannabe golfer again, dreaming of how sweet it would be to to game a full bag of Callaway clubs!

USGA HANDICAP : +1

State the goals for your golf game in 2017 : be a better driver and ball striker....

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've been playing callaway since a long time. here in Quebec we can not try shaft and fitting cart do not carry a lot of X-stiff shaft. will be fun to get the right shaft!

Ping G430LST w/ TPT 14HI 
Ping G430 Max w/ synergy green 80tx
Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
Callaway TCB w/ LAgolf L-series 5
Titleist SM8 50/56  W/ LAgolf

Callaway Jaws Raw 60Z /Kbs 610
Axis 1 Rose model 35.5''
Swing: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg[/url] (Driver FV)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4[/url] (DTL)

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

Average 18 holes score - low 80s

2017 goals - Main goal is shoot even par for the first time. Closest this year was 75, shot a few even 9's but haven't been able to put it together for a whole round. Would love to sharpen my short game, gain more confidence in my putting, and also improve my golf fitness.

I'd love to attend this event, it would be a once in a lifetime, bucket list type, Disneyland for golfers experience all wrapped into one. It would be absolutely amazing to have the opportunity to be professionally fit by the experts at Callaway. The chance to see some of the not yet released equipment would be super cool.

Thanks for the opportunity Golfwrx and Callaway! Best golf site for sure!

Current Handicap: -10

Goals for 2017: Increase Fairways hit to over 50%; Increase GIR to over 50% and hopefully add a few yards to my driver. Bring my handicap down to 7 or below.

Why I want to attend this exclusive event: I have a bag full of Callaway clubs now and like them I think I just need a shaft tweak of adjustment to help me get to my goals. And, heck who doesn't want to see how the top equipment producer in America does what they do. SIGN ME UP!!!

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Very cool and thanks for the opportunity. I live in Northern California and my schedule is wide open for those days. Who ever ends up being chosen CONGRATULATIONS!

• ​Current USGA handicap 0.6
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 Last year I worked extremely hard on my game and dropped my handicap from 6 to 0. Being a father who has a full time job and caddies for my son in junior events on the weekends it took a lot of work on the side to get my game where its at. I am proud of myself for going above and beyond my goal that I had set for myself the previous year. For 2017 I want to prove to myself that I can compete at the highest level of amateur golf. I want to know I belong. I want to be a +3 by the end of 2017. Next year I will be working on proximity to the hole with approach shots, distance control with my irons and wedges. I also want to work on increasing distance with the driver. US OPEN, US AMATEUR, CALIFORNIA AMATEUR, SF CITY, MID AM are all tournaments I want to not only qualify but win.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf Being that Nike has exited the golf equipment industry, I am looking for a new home. My bag is dialed in completely from my good friends at the Oven. This is the best built bag I have every had assembled. Not sure which brand will earn my trust in the future, but would love to see and learn more about Callaway. It would be interesting to see the comparisons between my current bag and how great the Callaway product really is stacked against tour issue equipment that I already have. R&D facility tours are some of the greatest memories I have with Nike and would like an opportunity to share in exploring Callaway as well and meet the guys behind the scenes. I often found with Nike that the relationships built with guys from R&D have kept me and my son loyal to the Nike brand. Maybe it might be the same for us and Callaway? Impress me Callaway... I dare you :taunt:

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

In a post below, include:

----

USGA index:

Goals:

My brother and his friends all have status on a tour (Canadian, Web, etc.). It would be nice to continue to gain consistency, and give them a run for their money more often!

I currently work at a 2016 Golf Digest top 100 club fitting center. I would love the opportunity to be fit by the team at Callaway, in the hopes that it will make me a better fitter and give me greater insight on Callaway product.

Current USGA handicap: +1.7

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

My goals for 2017 is to compete in local amateur events. I plan to compete in at least 5 events with the goal to win one of them. Another goal for 2017 is to qualify for the US Amatuer.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I firmly believe that getting a true, tour level fitting could give me the edge I need to take my game to the next level. Callaway golf is clearly a leader in the industry, and having that caliber of individuals and equipment custom fit for my game, I know my ability to lower my scores and eliminate my misses is possible. Also, I recently had to turn down an oppertunity to work in sales at Callaway. It's always been a dream of mine to work at a major manufacturer, especially Callaway Golf, but I had to make a very difficult decision at that time due to family reasons. Needless to say, I want to experience what I missed out on at Callaway and I want to know what it's like to get custom fit by someone who is a true professional, that loves the game as much as I do!

Thank you for this great opportunity! This really is a life changing experience!

- Weston

Avian 455 TL, 8.5º, OBAN Kiyoshi Tour Limited 60X
Avian 355 FW, 14.5º, OBAN Kiyoshi Tour Limited 60X
Avian 355 FW, 19º, OBAN Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70X
Titleist T200 4 iron, 24º, project X 6.5
Avian 335 blades, 5-9 irons, OBAN CT-125X

Titleist Vokey SM9 48.10F, TT X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 RAW 52.12F, 56.10F, 60.04T, TT S400

Weston Putters - Highland, KBS GPS 120

Launch Monitor - FlightScope Mevo+

Instagram

• ​Current USGA handicap- 0
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017- Win club championship stroke and match play. Contend in state am stroke and match play.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf- Almost full Nike bag so I'll have to be switching to something new. Hit a few Callaway clubs this year and saw some promise. Having a properly fit set up, I think I could put them in play. Would love the opportunity to try different iron and driver shafts since it is so hard to find even a decent selection of X's in any demo bag.
  • #IwantToGoToCarlsbad

Dr: Cobra LTD Black Diamana LTD D+ 70x 
4W Cobra LTD Black Diamana LTD D+ 70x 
3i Srixon U45 Modus 105x 
4i Srixon 745 Modus 130x 
5-PW Srixon 945 Modus 130x 
50-56-60 Mizuno T7

Piretti Matera
Scotty TeI 3 Newport 2 Long Neck
B-Stone Tour BX

Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

My current Golf Australia handicap is 8.9

My main goal for the 2017 golfing season would be to get my handicap down below 7.8 (my previous lowest hcp) and hopefully down to scratch.

I've always been a massive fan of Callaway products, so it would be awesome to see how the products are manufactured and get the chance to talk to the people behind the entire process, from design all the way to the course!

HC 4.3

Goals: trying to get to scratch by end of 2018 season already play calmly everything but driver which is a ping

Why: I had a work issue that kept me from attending a previous one, my clubs weren't all fitted so I think I can improve with gear fitted for me

Cally Epic SZ, Cally 815 alpha FW, Cally alpha 815 3 and 4 hybrid, Apex Pro 5-Aw, callaway md2 54, callaway md2 58, Xenon Custom Copper Bullseye

• Current USGA handicap - 2.1

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Improve driver distance (never been fit for a driver), improve my putting (never been fit for a putter), and more consistency with my irons and wedges.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. I have never been fitted for a driver or putter and I think this would greatly help my game. I'm a golf equipment geek. I'm the guy that goes to my local golf shop and I start to ask questions about shaft frequencies, CG, etc and they have no clue what I'm talking about. It would be fantastic to be just be around the Callaway staff and all that awesome equipment, and to be fitted on top of that? Dream Come True!!

Epic stuff here, thanks for the opportunity.

Current handicap-12.8

Goals for 2017- Break 80 and move into the 70's for good!!! Long term goal/dream to try and qualify for State Am and Sr. Am.

Funny the first club's I ever bought were the original Great Big Bertha driver and Steelhead fairways, still have them and still play the original Steelhead 5. Over the years I've tried a lot of OEM's but have come full circle and now have an all Callaway bag. The opportunity to get fit would be a first for me, to be able to do it at Callaway HQ would be of Wonkaesque proportions, the stuff you dream about, total Golden ticket material!

Cobra F9
Cobra SZ 14.5*
Ping G400 19*
Mizuno MP 53 KBS Tour 4-PW
Ping Glide 2.0 50*
Cleveland RTX 3 54* 58*
Scotty Cameron Futura X5

USGA index:

Goals for 2017:

1. Sub 4.0 handicap.

2. Improve wedge game, from 20 to 100 yards out (my biggest weakness).

3. Play competitive golf, any local amateur tournaments. I'm hoping a competitive environment will help me improve even if I play terribly.

1. My golf addiction began when my Dad brought home a Great Big Bertha driver circa 1997. Up to that point, my Dad dragged me to the course under protest. For a lot of people it was Tiger. For me, the seemingly enormous 290cc GBB driver captured my attention and made me excited to play golf. So I guess you could say, I have a soft spot for Callaway.

2. I need an unfair advantage. I live in NYC, which is a great place to live but a terrible place for improving my golf game. Zero practice facilities, six hour rounds (not counting the two hours travel time to the course...), weird looks on the subway.... I'm not saying it's cheating, but a full bag fitting with Callaway will improve my game in a place where game goes to die.

3. Meeting fellow WRX'ers and the Callaway staff, who won't judge me when I re-hearse my back-swing mid conversation.

Thanks!!

Back to my old X2Hot 9*
TM M3 15*
Steelhead XR 3h 19*
i25s 4-UW
Ping Glide 54* / Cleveland 60*
O-Works 1W
ProV1

Current USGA handicap?

Golfing Goals for 2017

1. I want to win a local tournament. My best finish last year was 8th and my goal this year is to win one.

2. Consistently break 80 in tournament and casual rounds

3. Be a starter on my high school golf team

Why I want to go to Callaway HQ?

I would love to visit the Ely Callaway center because I have never been custom fit for clubs and I want to know how much custom clubs can help my game. I would also be amazing to meet some of the people from Callaway. Also, I have seen pictures of the Ely Callaway center and it looks amazing! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that would be awesome!