Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

I do have a question for those that have had the 900 for a while now. Does the head cover stretch over time making it easier to get on and off?

It does. I have some burn /melted marks on my head covers. The only thing I can think of as to what caused them is setting them down on asphalt during the summer time. It sounds silly but that is the only thing that could have caused it. I never had this happen before. Must be the vinyl they use.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I still haven't been able to get onto a launch monitor yet but I can say that the weights actually do make a difference in ball flight. This is the first driver that I have been able to see an appreciable difference in ball flight.

It's not in my nature to be
mysterious, but I cant talk about it
and I can't talk about why.

played 18 with mine today ..47 degrees alot of wind... and man.. the fitting trasfered to the course 100%... ive never hit a driver this straight.. and its great in to and with the wind... I hit a monster down wind yet uphill ( no roll to speak of) drive on a long par 4 today.. left myself gap wedge into the green and went long as it rode the wind.... I am very familiar with the course and so were the 3 guys i was playing with... i didnt say a word..but one finally spoke up and said " thats the longest drive ive ever seen on this hole...from any tee" and he wasnt wrong..loll Im super excited to see this thing in action when its 70 and calm... forgiving as any head ive ever hit for toe misses and just goes !!

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I really should try the 661 shaft. I love the 569 evolution but feel that my flight is high and spins a little more than I like. When the fairway is dry, hard, and cut, I get minimum rollout. Great carry yards though. My swing speed is around 105. Can anyone tell me their experience if they hit both of these shafts? Thanks

TM,

Have you tried to decrease the loft to bring the flight down? Also, where do you have the weights to bring the spin down? I think Shiels got his lowest spin numbers with one weight in the fade slot and the other in the draw slot.

I will say in the round I played I didn't notice the sound much, so it really is less noticeable outdoors. The feel is just a little firm/hard.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

alright Mizuno men......

...about to stop and just wrap up the epic i see the blue head standing in the corner... had the speeder 661 S in it ... which felt pretty stiff .... right off the bat ...pow! 282 in the air , 1.49 smash.. but notice my swing speed is up.... 113mph.... i think... must be the stiff lighter shaft .. i look for another shaft but the cart didnt have driver shafts on it ... it was the iron cart..lol so i go back out and continue to hit it as is.... in afew swings i see a 287 carry 115 mph... im amazed.... so i swap back to the epic... i hit what feels like a bomb and its 109 mph with 1.50 smash but flew 282.....and was a fade..... JPX is putting straight balls down the sprinkler line....and i can turn it over if i want to ....

Its then that i decide i need to hit this mizuno head with something that fits me more... so i go inside and ask... and sure enough from the back caver here he comes with a 757x.... its on now!

man does this club feel good with the heavy shaft... nice heavy head weight ... tee one up and bam... 286 carry ... 114 mph swing speed.... to this point im teeeing the ball low... ball peeking above the crown slightly .... at this point as well im 70 balls in total and starting to feel it ..... i decided to sit down a minute and drank some water.... got back up....and teed one up high ... and put a good move on it... 293 carry ! 116 mph swing! and it couldnt be straighter.... so i go back to the epic... tee it up high... and hit another good one! but to my shock 110 mph swing and 284 carry..... i hit 5 more all very similar with the epic.. never getting over 110mph..... take a breath and go back to the mizuno.... tee it up , take my time get loose and really unwind on one.... 118mph 297 carry.... and its dead striaght .... my shot pattern with the mizuno head looks like a solid 2 inch red line.... and its longer... I put everything away and just called it done.... blue head..pink head who gives a crap ?! this thing is the real deal... im shocked it isnt getting press for being this good ......

My 2 longest of the day came at the 90 and 92 ball mark ... and i felt tired... cant wait to see it when im fresh ... anyone have any clue why i am able to swing it faster ? could it be the weight ? i know i prefer the look and feel of the deep faced mizuno head vs the shallow epic head.. is that it ?

The question of swinging it faster isn't correct. Really I've been swinging larger heads around 110. My vapor speed TW or Yonex 380 cc head I've regularly clocked 115. Just wanted to clarify. The mizuno head isn't adding speed. It's just not as slow as other large heads.

How did you have the weights set up in the head?

On the longest balls the two small sliders were centered behind the sweet spot. The rear weight was to full draw. And was hitting it at 10.5 standard lie with the 757x. With the 661s I was hitting weighs same but had it turned down to 7.5. Achieved more carry with the 10.5. I like to see a flat penetrating flight. If the 10.5 is too high for my eye on the course I'll go back down.

Question on the weight - there are 2 blue sliding weights, one larger silver one and a black one? So the black one you can put in fade or draw? And you can slide it to different settings?

Sorry, I'm just trying to figure this out...you said two small slider were centered. Rear wight to full draw (which weight was that?_Then, standard lie = thats the big silver one.

I really should try the 661 shaft. I love the 569 evolution but feel that my flight is high and spins a little more than I like. When the fairway is dry, hard, and cut, I get minimum rollout. Great carry yards though. My swing speed is around 105. Can anyone tell me their experience if they hit both of these shafts? Thanks

TM,

Have you tried to decrease the loft to bring the flight down? Also, where do you have the weights to bring the spin down? I think Shiels got his lowest spin numbers with one weight in the fade slot and the other in the draw slot.

I really haven't tried the lower loft for some reason. I am not sure why I haven't. I use to spend lots of range time with the driver but now that I am thinking about it, since I got this driver, I quit hitting it on the range like I use to and focus on irons. Plus it is winter here so range time is limited now. I appreciate the help and I will do both of them the next time I am on the range,

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

alright Mizuno men......

...about to stop and just wrap up the epic i see the blue head standing in the corner... had the speeder 661 S in it ... which felt pretty stiff .... right off the bat ...pow! 282 in the air , 1.49 smash.. but notice my swing speed is up.... 113mph.... i think... must be the stiff lighter shaft .. i look for another shaft but the cart didnt have driver shafts on it ... it was the iron cart..lol so i go back out and continue to hit it as is.... in afew swings i see a 287 carry 115 mph... im amazed.... so i swap back to the epic... i hit what feels like a bomb and its 109 mph with 1.50 smash but flew 282.....and was a fade..... JPX is putting straight balls down the sprinkler line....and i can turn it over if i want to ....

Its then that i decide i need to hit this mizuno head with something that fits me more... so i go inside and ask... and sure enough from the back caver here he comes with a 757x.... its on now!

man does this club feel good with the heavy shaft... nice heavy head weight ... tee one up and bam... 286 carry ... 114 mph swing speed.... to this point im teeeing the ball low... ball peeking above the crown slightly .... at this point as well im 70 balls in total and starting to feel it ..... i decided to sit down a minute and drank some water.... got back up....and teed one up high ... and put a good move on it... 293 carry ! 116 mph swing! and it couldnt be straighter.... so i go back to the epic... tee it up high... and hit another good one! but to my shock 110 mph swing and 284 carry..... i hit 5 more all very similar with the epic.. never getting over 110mph..... take a breath and go back to the mizuno.... tee it up , take my time get loose and really unwind on one.... 118mph 297 carry.... and its dead striaght .... my shot pattern with the mizuno head looks like a solid 2 inch red line.... and its longer... I put everything away and just called it done.... blue head..pink head who gives a crap ?! this thing is the real deal... im shocked it isnt getting press for being this good ......

My 2 longest of the day came at the 90 and 92 ball mark ... and i felt tired... cant wait to see it when im fresh ... anyone have any clue why i am able to swing it faster ? could it be the weight ? i know i prefer the look and feel of the deep faced mizuno head vs the shallow epic head.. is that it ?

The question of swinging it faster isn't correct. Really I've been swinging larger heads around 110. My vapor speed TW or Yonex 380 cc head I've regularly clocked 115. Just wanted to clarify. The mizuno head isn't adding speed. It's just not as slow as other large heads.

How did you have the weights set up in the head?

On the longest balls the two small sliders were centered behind the sweet spot. The rear weight was to full draw. And was hitting it at 10.5 standard lie with the 757x. With the 661s I was hitting weighs same but had it turned down to 7.5. Achieved more carry with the 10.5. I like to see a flat penetrating flight. If the 10.5 is too high for my eye on the course I'll go back down.

Question on the weight - there are 2 blue sliding weights, one larger silver one and a black one? So the black one you can put in fade or draw? And you can slide it to different settings?

Sorry, I'm just trying to figure this out...you said two small slider were centered. Rear wight to full draw (which weight was that?_Then, standard lie = thats the big silver one.

standard lie would be with the loft settings on the shaft adapter.. the large silver wieight i have to full draw....and the 2 smaller weghts side by side are centered .... although i may test this week in practice with them all the way left and right as ive read that produces lower spin... just to see what the flight is like

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

played 18 with mine today ..47 degrees alot of wind... and man.. the fitting trasfered to the course 100%... ive never hit a driver this straight.. and its great in to and with the wind... I hit a monster down wind yet uphill ( no roll to speak of) drive on a long par 4 today.. left myself gap wedge into the green and went long as it rode the wind.... I am very familiar with the course and so were the 3 guys i was playing with... i didnt say a word..but one finally spoke up and said " thats the longest drive ive ever seen on this hole...from any tee" and he wasnt wrong..loll Im super excited to see this thing in action when its 70 and calm... forgiving as any head ive ever hit for toe misses and just goes !!

Im pretty thrilled about hitting the 900 this week.

I'm 69 years old and have a swing speed of 91 and played nine with the 900 this morning.It was in the forties with a brisk wind hit it around 220 to 230.It was a fairway finder has great feel one of the easiest to control drivers I have ever hit.

I can't wait till it is warmer and can dial it in more.

So far I have the two weights all the way forward for a lower flight and the other set with a draw bias with ten and a half degree loft.

This driver is the real deal it may not be the longest or the shortest but it is a fairway finder which IMO makes it a winner.

I had a chance to hit the 900 569 in stiff on GC2 tonight. The club was set up with the middle slot weight towards the back and the other weight in the draw slot. I decided to hit it like that at first because thats how it was set up. My swing speed was coming in around 106-108mph with 150-155 ball speed before. I typically hit a draw or a mishit will be a hook, and my impressions were in that set up, there was definitely a draw bias. I then switched the weights to the outside slots and immediately the club head felt heavier and more balanced, which I liked. The distance gained was noticeable right away. It was indoor on GC2 so I it wasn't optimal for me as its hard for me to make adjustments looking at a screen. The Stiff shaft felt a little whippy but I guess thats how most stiff shafts come today. My current driver has an old MAS2 "stiff tip" that just feels good, almost like an X. With a SS between 105-108 I would assume I would be a S in the 569. Id like to hit the 661 but I can't find anyone who has it.

I had a chance to hit the 900 569 in stiff on GC2 tonight. The club was set up with the middle slot weight towards the back and the other weight in the draw slot. I decided to hit it like that at first because thats how it was set up. My swing speed was coming in around 106-108mph with 150-155 ball speed before. I typically hit a draw or a mishit will be a hook, and my impressions were in that set up, there was definitely a draw bias. I then switched the weights to the outside slots and immediately the club head felt heavier and more balanced, which I liked. The distance gained was noticeable right away. It was indoor on GC2 so I it wasn't optimal for me as its hard for me to make adjustments looking at a screen. The Stiff shaft felt a little whippy but I guess thats how most stiff shafts come today. My current driver has an old MAS2 "stiff tip" that just feels good, almost like an X. With a SS between 105-108 I would assume I would be a S in the 569. Id like to hit the 661 but I can't find anyone who has it.

SS is only a starting point when it comes to determining a flex that's needed. In theory you're right on the cusp of an X flex anyway, if you have a late release then going up to an X would probably be the way to go, if you have an early release, then a Stiff flex may be fine. If you're tempo is quick, then a heavier shaft may be needed and if your tempo is 'easy' then you'd be fine in a lighter shaft. These are the maxims I use, and in general it works pretty good.

Same swing speed as me and I went with the 661S after playing both on course. Definitely less "whippy" and seems smooth as butter with my strong transition move. I would defiantly try it before you buy either.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Same swing speed as me and I went with the 661S after playing both on course. Definitely less "whippy" and seems smooth as butter with my strong transition move. I would defiantly try it before you buy either.

Yes thanks. I just have to find who has the 661 (that I can just go and hit without engaging in a custom fitting yet) every really only has the 569 in S and R. Does anyone have any data on the 569 in X vs.the 661 in S?

I grabbed some more data. Im not sure its 100% accurate but spoke to Fuji and TM and I have a better understanding. A little bit more about my driver swing. I hope you guys can weigh in a little bit who get technical with shafts. Ill prob have to wait for a demo day as I'm not enthused to run back to a club champion where I was fit for irons.

Gamer driver

Swing weight D2

"Low Torque " 3.2

"Tip Firm" .350

"Stiff" 65 thats actually 63 grams per TM

SS average around 105-108mph per GC2

150-155mph ball speed

Rhythm:

~3.6

backswing = ~.98-1.02sec

downswing = ~.27sec

Fuji rep said to me Looking at the (limited) information you provided I would think immediately that the Speeder 569 Evolution II is too soft for you. Even in an S flex. It is just a light weight shaft therefore stiffening it up enough to handle a 105-108 mph swing is hard. I would definitely try a heavier shaft such as the Speeder 661 Evolution or the Pro 61 XLR8 and to be honest the Vista Pro 65 is the closest we have in profile to the MAS2-65. I hope this helps.

Okay guys. Been back a while now from my full Mizuno bag fit. Very interesting.

As this is a JPX900 Driver thread I'll keep my comments to that for this thread.

Certainly a pretty looking Driver, one of the best out there.

I started hitting the Driver after being fit for my Irons and Fairways. Air Temp was 48*F and about a 5-8mph wind from right to left. Not ideal for lefty like me, but nothing too hurting.

Started with the 661 Stiff @10.5*, and ball speeds were around the 150mph mark and the head felt awfully hollow and kinda tinny. Oh no I thought, not one of these ugly sounding Drivers. Spin rates were a silly 1565rpm average and LA of 12*, so not so good, and that was with the weights in the middle track together. I'll cut a long story short and just post the final numbers below as otherwise it gets a bit long winded. All I would say is that when the Fitter put me into the 661 X flex, the ball speeds went up to 152mph but this was with range balls so we went into the fitting studio out of the rain where the balls were dry and he said I could hit some Mizuno MP S golf balls. Then things got interesting, see below!

Ball speed was up to 156.8mph

LA was up to 13.1*

Spin rates averaged 2015rpm with the weights both back in the head.

Carry was 263.6y

Total was 283y

The big surprise was how straight this darn thing was! I hit 9 balls in this setting and the total dispersion from R to L was 14 yards! I mean, I'll take that all day long.......in the bag! I thank you!

As this is a JPX900 Driver thread I'll keep my comments to that for this thread.

I started hitting the Driver after being fit for my Irons and Fairways. Air Temp was 48*F and about a 5-8mph wind from right to left. Not ideal for lefty like me, but nothing too hurting.

Started with the 661 Stiff @10.5*, and ball speeds were around the 150mph mark and the head felt awfully hollow and kinda tinny. Oh no I thought, not one of these ugly sounding Drivers. Spin rates were a silly 1565rpm average and LA of 12*, so not so good, and that was with the weights in the middle track together. I'll cut a long story short and just post the final numbers below as otherwise it gets a bit long winded. All I would say is that when the Fitter put me into the 661 X flex, the ball speeds went up to 152mph but this was with range balls so we went into the fitting studio out of the rain where the balls were dry and he said I could hit some Mizuno MP S golf balls. Then things got interesting, see below!

LA was up to 13.1*

Carry was 263.6y

Total was 283y

The big surprise was how straight this darn thing was! I hit 9 balls in this setting and the total dispersion from R to L was 14 yards! I mean, I'll take that all day long.......in the bag! I thank you!

Jay thanks for the write up. What's your swing speed and any info on load? Thx

LA was up to 13.1*

Carry was 263.6y

Total was 283y

Hi

Ironically with the 661 Stiff my swing speed was never more than 102mph. Yet when we went into the Fitting Studio (indoors, but still hitting the ball out onto the range with those MP S Balls) and with the 661 X flex my Swing Speed averaged 105.8mph. No idea for the slight jump, maybe the X flex gave me more confidence to go at it a bit more, or could have been that I was warmed up a bit by then. Maybe a bit of both, but yeah, 105.8mph ave. with the 661 X flex. I couldn't honestly notice a major difference in feel between the S flex and the X in terms of bend flex, other than the X feeling a little more 'meaty' if that makes sense? And I just felt the X flex stayed with my swing all the way through, and therefore enabled me to hit the middle of the club face more often and the sound and feel of the Driver, as whole, took on a whole new personality, just really solid with no real tinny hollow sound. Quite loud, but not offensive and good solid thump!

FWIW I was fit in to the 15* and 18* Fairway with the Evo 757 Stiff flex. Mizuno Irons and Tour bag ordered too. I've gone mad!!!! :taunt:

Thanks

^ nice. I stopped by the store and was hitting the 569 in S bc that's all they had. I couldn't hit it for the life of me and had to put the club down bc everything was hard left. My swing speed was 105-108. Just too light for me and how I load. I'm trying to get ahold of the 661 and 757 so I don't have to overspend on a purely custom fit head and shaft offering not offered with the 900. I hit my 17* great with an 80 Phenom

LA was up to 13.1*

Carry was 263.6y

Total was 283y

Hi

Ironically with the 661 Stiff my swing speed was never more than 102mph. Yet when we went into the Fitting Studio (indoors, but still hitting the ball out onto the range with those MP S Balls) and with the 661 X flex my Swing Speed averaged 105.8mph. No idea for the slight jump, maybe the X flex gave me more confidence to go at it a bit more, or could have been that I was warmed up a bit by then. Maybe a bit of both, but yeah, 105.8mph ave. with the 661 X flex. I couldn't honestly notice a major difference in feel between the S flex and the X in terms of bend flex, other than the X feeling a little more 'meaty' if that makes sense? And I just felt the X flex stayed with my swing all the way through, and therefore enabled me to hit the middle of the club face more often and the sound and feel of the Driver, as whole, took on a whole new personality, just really solid with no real tinny hollow sound. Quite loud, but not offensive and good solid thump!

FWIW I was fit in to the 15* and 18* Fairway with the Evo 757 Stiff flex. Mizuno Irons and Tour bag ordered too. I've gone mad!!!! :taunt:

Thanks

Please post a WITB once you receive all your stuff!

^ nice. I stopped by the store and was hitting the 569 in S bc that's all they had. I couldn't hit it for the life of me and had to put the club down bc everything was hard left. My swing speed was 105-108. Just too light for me and how I load. I'm trying to get ahold of the 661 and 757 so I don't have to overspend on a purely custom fit head and shaft offering not offered with the 900. I hit my 17* great with an 80 Phenom

You'll need at least the 661X or 757 Stiff I would hazard a guess. I wanted to try the 569X, but the Fitter flat refused to put it in the head for me. Said it would be all over the place, which is precisely what you're seeing by the sound of it. I think the Evo 661X weighs at about 69g, so it's not a real lightweight and I usually play slightly heavier shafts myself, but found the 661X to be just about right for me to be honest.

LA was up to 13.1*

Carry was 263.6y

Total was 283y

Hi

Thanks

Please post a WITB once you receive all your stuff!

Will do! I'll get some pics uploaded when I get them all, probably a week or to apparently. I have the JPX900 Hot Metals 4-6, and JPX900 Forged 7-PW arriving with the JPX900 Driver and Fairways and that lovely Tour Bag. I almost ordered the T7 wedges too, but my new SM6's are only 2 months old.

You'll need at least the 661X or 757 Stiff I would hazard a guess. I wanted to try the 569X, but the Fitter flat refused to put it in the head for me. Said it would be all over the place, which is precisely what you're seeing by the sound of it. I think the Evo 661X weighs at about 69g, so it's not a real lightweight and I usually play slightly heavier shafts myself, but found the 661X to be just about right for me to be honest.

I have an original 757 and that heavy and stiff combo would feel like that head was missing

My SS is 112 with a smooth transition and went with a 569 stiff. I know that sounds crazy but I know where the head is and dispersion is maybe the tightest I have ever had

I have an original 757 and that heavy and stiff combo would feel like that head was missing

My SS is 112 with a smooth transition and went with a 569 stiff. I know that sounds crazy but I know where the head is and dispersion is maybe the tightest I have ever had

All depends on how an individual loads the shaft though doesn't it? If you're a hard loader then that facet will in most cases have the golfer needing a heavier shaft, whereas anyone with a smoother tempo and less load can certainly get away with a lighter shaft and possibly even a softer flex as well. Hence why the Mizuno Fitter wouldn't put the 569 of any flex in my hands. 661 X felt pretty good to me. Perhaps a touch firmer in the butt section than my usual Aldila Tour Green, which makes the 661 a touch stouter in transition. All good though.

So I don't need to go thru this whole thread, has anyone tried the speeder from the jpx 850 in the new 900 head and if so, how did it compare with the Evolution 2 speeders?

I haven't hit the speeder in the jpx 850. Buy I've owned the 757 in several heads and now the evo II 757x in the 900. What I can tell you is the evo II feels smoother yet still as stable. I love it. Love love it. Best driver all around I've ever owned. Just a bit of hot melt in mine to mute it. For whatever reason it fits me. I can go hard at it and no hooks. Nice tight fade. Or I can turn it over if need be. Still finding places on my home course. I haven't been to with a driver. And on mediocre strikes .

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock