A new creation from Bastain Milled. The future of putter making in the works.

The square hole in the head is made by a process known a broaching. Then the neck is soaked in liquid nitrogen to shrink it. A very novel approach to attach the hosel. One piece putters with the hosel milled wastes a ton of material and greatly slows down production. This method is far superior in terms of efficiency for manufacturing.

Looks like a super cool (no pun intended) putter. The part about "Newport head" made me throw up a little in my mouth though.

Sorry for the vomit Ken!

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I saw and could not get over was that you said the length of your putter is 34.65.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

The one thing I saw and could not get over was that you said the length of your putter is 34.65.

My putter fitter uses the Metric system. If it makes it better for you, the length of my putter is 88cm.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

• 1 month later...

surprises me there is room in the market for another anser styled putter. imo they are just over done. this is a good looking stick tho.

It is a classic style, it will be around forever. This putter is like no putter I have ever used. It is unbelievable.

surprises me there is room in the market for another anser styled putter. imo they are just over done. this is a good looking stick tho.

It is a classic style, it will be around forever. This putter is like no putter I have ever used. It is unbelievable.

In the world of putters, it is more "like" every other Anser style putter than is it "unlike." Not to argue semantics, or bash the putter, but it's certainly not unique overall.

The fusion lock is unique, and marvelous. It made me read up on the process. Smart thinking. The quality looks top notch. I'd love to roll one. But I'd say it's definitely like other Anser putters in a lot of ways.

In the world of putters, it is more "like" every other Anser style putter than is it "unlike." Not to argue semantics, or bash the putter, but it's certainly not unique overall.

The fusion lock is unique, and marvelous. It made me read up on the process. Smart thinking. The quality looks top notch. I'd love to roll one. But I'd say it's definitely like other Anser putters in a lot of ways.

I understand and respect your opinion, but to me it is different. It has helped me completely revamp my confidence in putting. I went from continuously being uncomfotable in my ability to putt and constantly looking for something new that will maybe help, to feeling comfortable and confident. The write up was done from my perspective for me, shared to anyone else who wanted to read it.

Great looking putter! Love the think top line and bold lines.

I don't understand why the anser comment comes up all the time. Is it just a putter thing? I don't hear ppl looking at new basketball shoes and say oh another Chuck Taylor variation....

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

I don't understand why the anser comment comes up all the time. Is it just a putter thing? I don't hear ppl looking at new basketball shoes and say oh another Chuck Taylor variation....

It's because every now and then someone claims their new putter is innovative and better than any other putter they have ever tried. I'm not sure shoe companies are trying to sell shoes saying they will make you run faster, jump higher, etc.

This new technique to install the plumbers neck is very innovative, but its no different once installed than any other putter.

Now....to Mr Hoffman. ..I remember you wanting to alter your scotty with a flowneck after getting it remilled by Bastian...I'm happy you dumped the scotty and went this route. Its a nice looking stick.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

It's because every now and then someone claims their new putter is innovative and better than any other putter they have ever tried. I'm not sure shoe companies are trying to sell shoes saying they will make you run faster, jump higher, etc.

This new technique to install the plumbers neck is very innovative, but its no different once installed than any other putter.

Now....to Mr Hoffman. ..I remember you wanting to alter your scotty with a flowneck after getting it remilled by Bastian...I'm happy you dumped the scotty and went this route. Its a nice looking stick.

Thanks Matt. I have never looked back once I sold the scotty. As much as I liked the Scotty's look there was always something I would want to change or alter. It was out of the bag as soon as I started putting with a plumbers neck Rife. Once this beauty was put into my hands, I have not looked at another putter since. I actually sold them all, cleared out the house of putters. I still have the Rife Iconic head, but that's it. It is amazing what happens to your confidence when you find a putter that fits your eyes, proper weight, no lines, etc. It is still exciting when I pull it out of the bag. Thanks for the well wishes. Just because... Go RED SOX!!!

Shoe companies do that all the time. Who doesn't market their products as innovative and the best? There's just less comparisons made for whatever reason. You don't hear people say Jordan's are just a copy of the Chucks or Curry's are copying Jordan's...

This putter does not look like the original anser. Props to the guy for making his own line of putters and trying to innovate and do things a little different. Looks cool.

I just don't understand what the "just another anser style putter" comment does for anybody.

mvhoffman - Glad you found a putter youre confident in. Enjoy.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

with this method of installing a neck, one could change the neck style on the putter quite easily.

or at least Kyle could for a client

Kyle does awesome work.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but Kyle is making and customizing putters full time now.

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

It’s a much tighter fit than you could ever get with epoxy

Cryogenically cooling the neck insert make the metal contract, and it is small enough to fit in the putter blade

As it warms to room temp, you have a tight keyed-in fit

This tight fit should lead to better feel through the putter, don’t you think? At least similar to a one-piece neck/blade putter

TM TP5x

I would think that type of fit would translate to better vibration and feel۪۪ back up the shaft. Epoxy might absorb more. A challenge with one piece neck/putter is to limit bulkiness in the neck. I once had an early production blade from what is now a well known putter maker (and was one piece milled). The neck was too thick and bulky and putter felt horrible (but looked great).

Same reason some putters makers have used the thinnest grips possible - better feel. Years ago, Nicklaus clubmaker used paper tightly wrapped around the shaft, then shaved a flat spot on top before wrapping leather around. It was a hard grip, but produced great feel.

It will be good to have someone weigh in that has tried this new Bastain neck. It is a great finishing touch to already nice looking putters.