2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Red Hawk Ridge still hasn't announced a date yet. I also no longer can do the weekend of 10/14 since my wife will be out of town. (And the kids are too young to leave at home alone for 5 hours.)

I think he may have been referring to the outing Brian was trying to put together based on the poll results.

Brian???

surely-a-will-come-i-just-have-to-wait-patiently-14684310.png

Not sure if Brian got it put together or not yet, but was looking like MID October I think?? Last post he noted he was going to close the poll.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gents... My buddy Tim works for Bandon Dunes in social media/marketing. He sent me a quick survey about some of their recent advertising in the Denver market. He asked if I could forward along to other CO golfers that I know. If you guys could take a quick moment, I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

https://goo.gl/forms/So2I9XBHUSt7nN4C3

Hey Gents... My buddy Tim works for Bandon Dunes in social media/marketing. He sent me a quick survey about some of their recent advertising in the Denver market. He asked if I could forward along to other CO golfers that I know. If you guys could take a quick moment, I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

Filled it out. That commercial does inspire me to go back sometime soon lol.

Sooooo yeah, as I said, I missed the cut this weekend. I started out ok but making a 9 on the 13th hole was pretty painful especially considering I really only hit one terrible shot. BUT, that's golf.

Thankfully I've met some super-badass dudes on here and those of us that missed the cut went and played the Norman course at Red Sky Ranch instead on Sunday. I LOVED that course. We got the play the Fazio on Thursday but it didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. However, that Norman course is awesome.

Ironically, the tournament yesterday got to experience two rain delays and an overall 7 hour day when all said and done. Weather was gorgeous for us..... Suckers!! Lol

If I'm lucky I'll be able to make a couple trips next year to visit Chris and have a great time. It wasn't just the great golf, the dude is a blast to play with.

THANKS AGAIN CHRIS!!!!

Loved Norman! Thanks Chris!!

Thanks all for the encouraging words -- it does help to see that everyone has gone through similar.

I checked my swing on video, and for whatever reason the issues have just gotten worse than they have been. Videos are on their way to Monte, and here's to hoping I can get a little out of this mess.

I try to enjoy golf to get away from the stress of real life, but sadly it seems the opposite has come lately -- real life impacts the game, and vice versa. It's a nasty cycle.

Here's to hoping my swing isn't completely un-recoverable.

Filled it out. As someone who has never been there I need to get there!!

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy with work/travel for work. After the poll has been closed, it's officially a tie between the weekends of Oct. 14/15 and Oct. 21/22. I'm unavailable for the 21/22, so my vote selfishly lies with the earlier one...but I'm not going to be the one to break the tie.

Thoughts on what we should do with this dilemma!? And we should talk courses, regardless of timing.

Most of the people on here have no problems playing two weekends in a row. :)

How about an outing on the 14th/15th, then another one for the potential scramble at RHR on 10/22?

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy with work/travel for work. After the poll has been closed, it's officially a tie between the weekends of Oct. 14/15 and Oct. 21/22. I'm unavailable for the 21/22, so my vote selfishly lies with the earlier one...but I'm not going to be the one to break the tie.

Thoughts on what we should do with this dilemma!? And we should talk courses, regardless of timing.

Well crap, I can't play either.

Make sure you post some pics and tell some stories. I'll have to catch it next time.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I voted for 10/21-22 since the wife is out of town that weekend... but I should be good for the prior weekend if we plan on Sunday 10/15. I don't think I can do Saturday the 14th.

I've actually got a lot of bachelor time coming up in October, the wife is also out of town from 10/7-13... so if anyone wants to play on either the 7th or 8th let me know.

Wow. Jacob's girlfriend must have him locked up inside a dungeon or something....

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I should be good on either. Where we playing?

Having tried this in the past with others we should probably pick a price point (straight golf fee.... as some walk some ride some use push carts). Only noting this as ranges could be from $30-150.00 or so.

Seems like most decent courses will run $45-60 without cart.

Edit: I am open to most fees for the record

I voted for 10/21-22 since the wife is out of town that weekend... but I should be good for the prior weekend if we plan on Sunday 10/15. I don't think I can do Saturday the 14th.

I've actually got a lot of bachelor time coming up in October, the wife is also out of town from 10/7-13... so if anyone wants to play on either the 7th or 8th let me know.

I can do the 7th but we're leaving for Cali on the 8th. Where do you want to play and does any one else want to join?

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Glad to see a lot of folks are in for either weekend. I'll happily head up setting up the first of the two. Biggest two questions are now that we've landed on the 14/15th, which of those two days is best? My vote's for the 14th, since my wife can watch the kid that day and she's got a commitment the next day. Childcare would effectively double the cost of the round...so I'll opt for Saturday if we can.

Second question is location. I'm a certainty to walk unless we get a time that includes carts. Even then I think I'd still prefer walking. My target price rang is $60 max. Favorites of mine are Murphy, Riverdale, Walnut Creek, and GVR, though I'm happy to play anywhere else.

Glad to see a lot of folks are in for either weekend. I'll happily head up setting up the first of the two. Biggest two questions are now that we've landed on the 14/15th, which of those two days is best? My vote's for the 14th, since my wife can watch the kid that day and she's got a commitment the next day. Childcare would effectively double the cost of the round...so I'll opt for Saturday if we can.

Second question is location. I'm a certainty to walk unless we get a time that includes carts. Even then I think I'd still prefer walking. My target price rang is $60 max. Favorites of mine are Murphy, Riverdale, Walnut Creek, and GVR, though I'm happy to play anywhere else.

If there’s no objection to a newbie getting in on this, I would certainly like to join in and play on Saturday the 14th. I could play on the 15th, but I have tickets to Sunday night’s game – that makes for a very long day.

I’m ok with a price under $100, but riding is mandatory for me. I’m open to whatever course you guys decide on (a cart path only course would not work) - I only know a few courses and look forward to playing something different.

Let me know how this works – do I need to send you a check? Thanks for volunteering to organize this, Brian!

If there’s no objection to a newbie getting in on this, I would certainly like to join in and play on Saturday the 14th. I could play on the 15th, but I have tickets to Sunday night’s game – that makes for a very long day.

I’m ok with a price under $100, but riding is mandatory for me. I’m open to whatever course you guys decide on (a cart path only course would not work) - I only know a few courses and look forward to playing something different.

Let me know how this works – do I need to send you a check? Thanks for volunteering to organize this, Brian!

As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to join!

I'm really hoping to be able to meet and play with you guys. But I think we have a big interclub matchplay event that weekend. Probably my last tournament here before we move.

If that doesn't happen I would be OK with either day, just about anyplace is fine, and while I will walk, I'm normally a rider.

I can do the 7th but we're leaving for Cali on the 8th. Where do you want to play and does any one else want to join?

Hadn't really given it too much thought. Likely somewhere "south-ish", but I'm open to anything. I'll PM/post again as we get a little closer, and can make some plans.

I just checked with the wife, and the 14th is definitely out for me. I've got to pick her up at the airport at 8am, so early times are no good, and we've got concert tickets for that evening, so later afternoon times are no good either. If we do the 15th, I'm in. With regards to where, I don't really care at all. I'm open to any place / price range / walking or riding... I'd say, since you're the one doing the legwork to get things organized, I'd say just make the call someplace that's convenient for you.

Andrew - Enjoyed playing Ute Creek with you and Ryan yesterday. You guys are a blast to play with and your brother is such a chatter box :P

Oh, update you WITB. You want to pimp that new driver. :)

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Glad to see a lot of folks are in for either weekend. I'll happily head up setting up the first of the two. Biggest two questions are now that we've landed on the 14/15th, which of those two days is best? My vote's for the 14th, since my wife can watch the kid that day and she's got a commitment the next day. Childcare would effectively double the cost of the round...so I'll opt for Saturday if we can. Second question is location. I'm a certainty to walk unless we get a time that includes carts. Even then I think I'd still prefer walking. My target price rang is $60 max. Favorites of mine are Murphy, Riverdale, Walnut Creek, and GVR, though I'm happy to play anywhere else.

Brian, I'm free to play any where, any day. I have votes for courses but I don't care enough to throw them in. It appears based on all the discussion that we just need to pick something and let people show up if they want/can.

Give me a where and when and I'll be there.

Would it work, maybe, to do a split event with some of the more northern CoWRXers and some of the more Southern ones? If we had enough folks it would be a lot of fun to do a Northern one. I'd like to join in but any place like GVR or the area will be about 2 hours travel. Just a thought.

I can understand this but I would vote against it for this specific time. Most of the guys are south so I'm fine driving. Personally I'd rather meet the most amount of people possible so whatever gets more people there is what my vote is.

Andrew, if you want to do one specifically on the north side, lets organize that one. Maybe we do it on the weekend after that one (21st, 22nd)

I could be down with that. Let me clear it with the Mrs first to make sure we don't have any commitments. Calendar is open, but that doesn't mean anything lol

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1