2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Hey guys. A little last minute, but I have a BIG favor to ask.

Does anyone have a travel case I can borrow this weekend? I'm flying back to Illinois for a family wedding, and my dad has a few tee-times lined up for us. He just told me about it, and as of now, I don't have any means of getting my clubs back home on the plane. Nor do I have any extra money to go buy a case myself.

I do if swinging by Parker isn’t too out of the way.

That would be great! I work pretty close to Parker. DM'ing you now.

If it doesn't work out, I've got one as well. Not in town, but you can swing by Cap Hill and get it if you need it. Just lemme know so I can set that up with my lady.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to remove the driver head, stick shaft, tip first, in bag. Head in cover and side pocket or carry on.

Yup, was planning on that! From reading threads posted on here & Reddit, everyone just talks about the Stiff Arm thing. Which is fine and all, but in the day of removable/adjustable heads...I'm surprised more people just don't put their driver head in their carry on.

Hey guys. A little last minute, but I have a BIG favor to ask.

Does anyone have a travel case I can borrow this weekend? I'm flying back to Illinois for a family wedding, and my dad has a few tee-times lined up for us. He just told me about it, and as of now, I don't have any means of getting my clubs back home on the plane. Nor do I have any extra money to go buy a case myself.

I have a soft case you're welcome to borrow. Not sure if Centennial is any closer to you than Parker.

Be sure to remove the driver head, stick shaft, tip first, in bag. Head in cover and side pocket or carry on.

Yup, was planning on that! From reading threads posted on here & Reddit, everyone just talks about the Stiff Arm thing. Which is fine and all, but in the day of removable/adjustable heads...I'm surprised more people just don't put their driver head in their carry on.

I've used a short broom handle before...of course, last time I traveled with my clubs, I couldn't find the thing lol.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I have a hard case and I've never needed to do any of that stuff with the hard case.

Lol, just came across a Bluetooth speaker thread that Jacob was quite outspoken in. As psuedoswede has mentioned many times, these forums are just better if you stay off the main areas. I’ve made that mistake in the past.

I’m a big fan of music on the course personally but not enough of a jerk to ever play it with people who don’t want it. I can be a chameleon on the course and just adapt to my group. You wanna party? Im in. Al Czervik is my hero. You want to pretend you are on tour and play serious golf? I can do that too.

Only one thing really bothers me....don’t be slow. No mulligans every damn shot. No hunting for your Pro V for 5 minutes when the group behind is waiting to hit. I don’t expect anyone to play as fast as I do, but just keep it moving.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Me and Joel are playing Meridian on Sunday at 12:04. 2 spots open if anyone in the thread would like to join us.

I'd love to join you guys... as long as you're okay with a 12hcp in the group. I don't think I've got the game to hang if you guys are planning a serious game from the waaaayyyy back tee boxes over there... :-)

I live just down the road from there, but don't know any members, so I've never played.

Me and Joel are playing Meridian on Sunday at 12:04. 2 spots open if anyone in the thread would like to join us.

Meridian is south Denver isn't it?

Yea just on the southeast side of I-25 & E470.. few minutes from Park Meadows.

I'd love to join you guys... as long as you're okay with a 12hcp in the group. I don't think I've got the game to hang if you guys are planning a serious game from the waaaayyyy back tee boxes over there... :-)

I live just down the road from there, but don't know any members, so I've never played.

You're in, I'll DM you.

Meridian is south Denver isn't it?

Yea just on the southeast side of I-25 & E470.. few minutes from Park Meadows.

You're in, I'll DM you.

Darn, that's what I thought. Have to take my daughter back to Greeley Sunday morning and planning to try to play somewhere and then drive back home, but that would quite a bit of time getting down there.

Awesome! I'd love to play with you guys if you still have a spot open. How much?

Edel E-1

All good Greg - I'll make you look good with my 14hcp and join you on the forward tees :lol:

Edel E-1

Meridian is a fun track, couple gimmicky holes but overall I’ve always enjoyed it. I can walk there in about 10 minutes... wish I could afford to join

I’ve got my 2-day Ryder Cup this weekend, could not be more excited. Saturday is all team play which I enjoy much more than singles play. (My 0-2-1 record on Sunday the last three years might have something to do with that) Not really sure why I thrive in the 2-man stuff and choke by myself.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

You still interested in playing 10/7?

I just grabbed a 4some at Bear Dance for Saturday 10/7 at 10am. I’ve been wanting to get down there for a long time, but have never made it yet. I figured I’d snag the good time, and see if I can put together a group.

Anyone else wanna join in? Tim, we’ve got a big rivalry game that evening... interested in some pre game golf?

Any open spots?

Sorry KDiz... didn't see this yesterday to respond. Didn't have any spots though. When I didn't get any bites earlier in the week, I called and switched it to a 2-some. Played with a co-worker of mine.

For my first time playing Bear Dance, I enjoyed the course. I felt like there were lots of blind shots out there. I don't mind a couple, but it felt like there may have been a few more than necessary. Greens were in good shape and rolling smoothly, but I was surprised how slow the were. I had trouble with leaving putts short, even a few times feeling like I crushed it.

Having never played there before, we decided to play the split Blue/White set of tees (6509). Next time I play there I'd definitely just play the blues (6879). Normally that's too much golf course for me... I try to stay in the 6400-6600 range most of the time... but a lot of the holes where the pull you forward on the split tees were downhill, so all it did was force clubbing down. Also, I think it made some of those blind shots worse due to having some really odd angles.

Shot 82 (43/39) which was a really good round for me. I struggled off the tee a bit on the front side, and was pretty surprised at the turn to see that my score was pretty much shooting even with my HCP. Back side 39 was as good as I've played this season (7 pars, 1 bogey, 1 double). I had 3 looks at birdie inside 12 feet on the back side and missed all 3 of them, and had 2 three-puts on the side. If I would've gotten along a little better with my putter, I could've easily been E or +1 on the back.

Overall, I liked the course and would definitely go play it again. Good conditions, some fun holes, and great views. That said, I don't think I'd want to play down there every week. I put it in my list of courses (along with Fossil Trace) that are fun to play, but once a season or so is good enough for me.

Looking forward to playing again tomorrow...

Played the ridge yesterday and the greens were in the best shape I’ve ever seen them. Shot a nice 42-34 with a whole bunch of penalty strokes. Can’t seem to get my driving under control. I don’t know if you guys experience this but it seems like the better my swing is with my shorter clubs, the worse it is with my longer clubs and vice versa. I just flagged everything up to an 8 iron but couldn’t keep it on the planet and lost 6 balls on the front.

Also, in classic ridge fashion we played at 9:40 in about 4:05 and a couple groups behind us there was a 4 group tourney that was easily over 5:00 hours. If they had their pace of play under control, it would be an amazing course. I could also do with a little better hole design on the par 5’s.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Had a great time playing Meridian this afternoon. Matt & Joel, it was great to meet both of you guys. Tim, it was great to see you again and get out for a round finally.

I really enjoyed the course. Plenty of width and space off of the tee, but some pretty tricky greens. Greens were rolling really pure. I was secretly hoping I wouldn't like the course, so I could discount the idea of wanting to join... instead I really enjoyed it and now I can spend the entire off-season this winter scheming of how I can convince the wife that me joining a golf club is a good idea. LOL.

I shot a 90 (44/46), but I feel like I played a lot better than that score reflects... after walking through the round in my head, I had 4 doubles and made triple on 18 after a bad drive that required a punch out, a flubbed wedge and a 3 putt. Big numbers just really kill the scorecard. Normally my doubles and worse are the result of penalties, but today it was some short game mistakes. Hit my driver really well today, so that was a plus.

Thanks again for the invite and hosting us at your club!

Had a great time playing Meridian this afternoon. Matt & Joel, it was great to meet both of you guys. Tim, it was great to see you again and get out for a round finally.

I really enjoyed the course. Plenty of width and space off of the tee, but some pretty tricky greens. Greens were rolling really pure. I was secretly hoping I wouldn't like the course, so I could discount the idea of wanting to join... instead I really enjoyed it and now I can spend the entire off-season this winter scheming of how I can convince the wife that me joining a golf club is a good idea. LOL.

I shot a 90 (44/46), but I feel like I played a lot better than that score reflects... after walking through the round in my head, I had 4 doubles and made triple on 18 after a bad drive that required a punch out, a flubbed wedge and a 3 putt. Big numbers just really kill the scorecard. Normally my doubles and worse are the result of penalties, but today it was some short game mistakes. Hit my driver really well today, so that was a plus.

Thanks again for the invite and hosting us at your club!

Absolutely Greg. Glad you enjoyed it. And if you want to join some day let me know ahead of time so I can get that kickback =]

Is the Meridian range membership still $850?

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)