Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Cdeez, are you planning to walk or ride? I saw that DaVinci and ChiliDip plan to ride. I usually walk, but may ride as well if you do.

I plan to be there around 8:30 to warm up - swings and hopefully some booze.

He'll probably do whatever you do. He should walk though since he'll have all that extra oxygen coming down 3,000 ft.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry do do this last minute, but we got to the course and bailed. My buddy didn’t want pay $63 to play in that wind and I concurred. We are heading back down south to find somewhere to play with no wind. If we could have gotten in 9 holes before that started like it was supposed to we’d have been fine. Just can’t justify teeing it up on #1 and being miserable

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Played 27 at the Links in 4:30. Wind was 4-7mph with a few gusts. Played okay. I feel bad we didn’t play with the group but since it was his birthday I was gonna go with the flow. We tried but we are p*ssies. It was beautiful in the ranch. I hope I’m not banned from this forum. I just hate wind. When it’s 50 degrees I’m gonna usually be lame :(

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Dewey you missed a good time even with the wind at 40 mph. Enjoy meeting everyone and playing with Kdiz and DaVinci. Down to play again if we get some good weather forecasted.

Also quick shout out to blind draw partner Irvtrain... 70/30 split is always better then a 60/40 split :rofl:

I think you meant Joel. Brian and I we're partnered. Good playing though.

That was some crazy wind, that led to comical moments...or aggravating moments lol. Still a ton of fun meeting you guys.

The wind was crazy! I’m not sure I’ve ever been in wind that strong and consistent, let alone trying to play golf in it. When your game is not good to start with, the wind just made it that much worse. Gotta tell ya, I’m glad I stayed though.

Thanks to KDiz and Chile Dip for putting up with me.

Thanks to Brian for setting it up and Joel for putting the game together.

Thinking we should just pick a date now (say September 8th, 2018) for the 2nd Annual Colorado WRX Golf Outing. While it’s a ways out there, everyone could sign-up and remove themselves as their personal calendar evolves. I know I would try to protect a date that was known that far in advance.

Dewey you missed a good time even with the wind at 40 mph. Enjoy meeting everyone and playing with Kdiz and DaVinci. Down to play again if we get some good weather forecasted.

Also quick shout out to blind draw partner Joelness03... 70/30 split is always better then a 60/40 split :rofl:

Haha. That's what I was leaning towards also but had to ask. I also didn't think I had a chance at it anyway. Thankfully I got your draw and the ham-egg worked out well.

The wind was crazy! I’m not sure I’ve ever been in wind that strong and consistent, let alone trying to play golf in it. When your game is not good to start with, the wind just made it that much worse. Gotta tell ya, I’m glad I stayed though.

Thanks to KDiz and Chile Dip for putting up with me.

Thanks to Brian for setting it up and Joel for putting the game together.

Thinking we should just pick a date now (say September 8th, 2018) for the 2nd Annual Colorado WRX Golf Outing. While it’s a ways out there, everyone could sign-up and remove themselves as their personal calendar evolves. I know I would try to protect a date that was known that far in advance.

That was easily the biggest wind I've ever played in either. It's the first time I've had to shut it down because a ball wouldn't stay on the green. I'm not sure I've ever laughed as hard as I did when Chris' bunker shot hit the pin, landed 3" from the hole and then rolled all the way back to his feet in the bunker. Both Jeremiah and I needed a 5 minute timeout.

You guys have fun on Saturday! I'm jealous I can't play.

Not to redirect attention from this weekend's festivities... but I just got an e-mail from Red Hawk Ridge about the fall scramble tournament. Looks like it's November 12th, 9am shotgun. Anyone interested in filling out some groups?

https://www.golfgeni...league_id=69414

Let's do it!

I'm not a college football fan at all, but my niece at CU was able to acquire discounted tickets to the CU/USC game in November for myself, youngest daughter, and my in-laws (her parents). I've heard Folsom Field is a bucket list stadium, so that'll be fun.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Not to redirect attention from this weekend's festivities... but I just got an e-mail from Red Hawk Ridge about the fall scramble tournament. Looks like it's November 12th, 9am shotgun. Anyone interested in filling out some groups?

Let's do it!

I may be around and available.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I'm not a college football fan at all, but my niece at CU was able to acquire discounted tickets to the CU/USC game in November for myself, youngest daughter, and my in-laws (her parents). I've heard Folsom Field is a bucket list stadium, so that'll be fun.

I don't know that it's bucket list worthy, but it's definitely a really pretty setting. And I do love watching the sunshine teams have to deal with the cold temperatures.

I don't know that it's bucket list worthy, but it's definitely a really pretty setting. And I do love watching the sunshine teams have to deal with the cold temperatures.

Maybe I've been too many times but I'm surprised it is bucket list too. I guess could see that if you're from a Big 12 or Big 10 school where there is nothing to look at lol, but now that we're in the Pac-12, all the stadiums are fun destinations.

I've been told it's a pretty setting. I think it was Mr. Holly Saunders that said Folsom Field is worth the trip.

I think I can make it looking at schedule, depending on the weather / WIND LOL

Sounds like a fun day, Saturday, fellas. Glad it got organized and happened.

I played the battlement mesa two-day two-man event and my partner and I won the second flight gross.

Best ball Saturday; it was cold and windy in western Colorado also. So our 77 was good for second gross out of 18 teams. We made a huge bonehead mistake on the 12th green when my partner popped and I didn't and he picked up his ball after missing his birdie putt when I was in for par. Whooooops - cost us net but luckily didn't cost us overall.

It's a scramble on day two and our 67 lead our flight and put us 4 clear for the two days. We made so many putts and I continue to say that battlement has probably the best greens I play - they're so true and fast. Much fun.

/brag

I've been told it's a pretty setting. I think it was Mr. Holly Saunders that said Folsom Field is worth the trip.

Don't ruin it for me lol! My life is much better thinking she's not married and still available...

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Just getting around to posting. I think my hands are still shot from wind/dryness/assembling IKEA furniture all weekend, but Saturday was a blast, even in the wind.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with it and making it a solid day. We'll have to try for something mid-season next year to ensure some good weather. There were a lot of funny lowlights out there over the weekend, but a fun group of guys made it all the more enjoyable.

Costco website has new stock of Kirkland Signature golf balls. Two dozen for $30 + $5 shipping. Limit 2 (which means four dozen).

Go go go go go go!!!!

Costco website has new stock of Kirkland Signature golf balls. Two dozen for $30 + $5 shipping. Limit 2 (which means four dozen).

Go go go go go go!!!!

Nice. Not the $15 it was originally with the free shipping, but still under $20. I still have 5 dozen from the last time, but ordered 4 dozen more. Either Costco kept these warehoused all this time and is slowly doling them out or that factory still had a bunch of the old Taylormade cores lying around and I guess now that they've put in a year of making the Taylormade 5 layer ball they've got capacity again.

Go go go go go go!!!!

Good lookin out. I don't really need balls right now, but I can't really pass it up if the balls are as good as everyone makes them out to be. If I don't like them, I can't imagine I'll have a hard time unloading them.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Just checked and the website says registration is full. Seems I waited too long to pull the trigger. Will WRX be represented?

Hey guys,

I'll be moving to Colorado (either Westminster, Thornton or the Arvada area) sometime in December and I was hoping I could get some information on affordable golf memberships and mens clubs. Although I'm not that great, I like to play competitively. Any information you could provide would be great. Thank you

Welcome to Colorado. When you say "membership", if you mean private, unfortunately there's not a lot that qualifies for "affordable" around Denver. That said, there are a lot of really good public facilities around, and many of them offer annual pass options. Riverdale Dunes up in Brighton is one of the best conditioned public facilities I've ever played. Green Valley Ranch out by the airport is good. I hear good things about Colorado National but I've not played there. If you end up further west, the city of Westminster has a couple of good courses. Indian Peaks up near Louisville was fun. I'm on the south side, so I'll leave it to the north-siders to give you more info about mens clubs up that way.

Just checked and the website says registration is full. Seems I waited too long to pull the trigger. Will WRX be represented?

Bummer! I haven't checked back in the thread in the last week. I caught a some kind of flu/virus bug a week or so ago, and it totally knocked me on my a**. I didn't figure that would fill up being into November. Have to remember for next year, not to wait on registering.

Looks like the weather forecast is pretty good on Sunday. I've got a bunch of housework to catch up on and finish today. Hopefully I can get out and play somewhere tomorrow!