Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway - might be my last real round this year :( depending on weather the next few weeks. I got home and decided it's definitely time to clean out the golf closet a bit. So I've got some items to give away - free! I'll split shipping with whoever takes any items. Hope this isn't against the site terms - but I just want to donate to golfers as opposed to the thrift store.

6) Turquoise? Nike Polo - Size Large:

7) Blue Nike Polo - Size Large:

Super generous! I'd be interested in these two polos if they're not spoken for already. Let me know. Thanks!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Given this weekend is my first ever college football game (I went to a DIII school), can someone give me details about tailgating at CU? Where is it located? And what time will it be in full swing if kick-off is at 2pm?

Sorry I missed this but anywhere on campus is a good place to tailgate lol. My fellow friends/alums usually tailgate in the Wolf Law parking lot on southwest side of campus. Have fun!

Anyway - might be my last real round this year :( depending on weather the next few weeks. I got home and decided it's definitely time to clean out the golf closet a bit. So I've got some items to give away - free! I'll split shipping with whoever takes any items. Hope this isn't against the site terms - but I just want to donate to golfers as opposed to the thrift store.

6) Turquoise? Nike Polo - Size Large:

7) Blue Nike Polo - Size Large:

Super generous! I'd be interested in these two polos if they're not spoken for already. Let me know. Thanks!

Booked. PM me an address and I’ll ship

Sorry I missed this but anywhere on campus is a good place to tailgate lol. My fellow friends/alums usually tailgate in the Wolf Law parking lot on southwest side of campus. Have fun!

Basically, I just wanted to show my daughter and in-laws how people spend their Saturdays near a college campus. CU did not disappoint in that regard. A win would've been awesome, and I would've rushed the field with my daughter, but I have no desire to go back to a college football game for the rest of my life.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Basically, I just wanted to show my daughter and in-laws how people spend their Saturdays near a college campus. CU did not disappoint in that regard. A win would've been awesome, and I would've rushed the field with my daughter, but I have no desire to go back to a college football game for the rest of my life.

Haha, what didn't you like about it?

Edel E-1

Curious as well. I'm kind of burnt out on football all together. I just don't see the same amount of entertainment value that I once did. Of course, the wife is making me go to the Bronco game tonight, I really don't want to go lol.

It was like an out of body experience…

I’ve got to tell you guys because my wife said, “That’s nice honey. Is chicken ok for dinner?”

· I shot 39 on the front and 41 on the back today.

· 5 three putts.

· Offset those three putts with two one-putts from 20+ feet (I was hoping to get close).

· Hit 11 fairways (7 on the front).

· Hit 10 GIR (7 on the front).

· On a par 5, I hit a 3 wood to 3’ (and two-putted from there).

· Three birdies and one double bougie.

· According to GRINT, I shot a net 63 today.

It was a good day. My two previous rounds were 88 and 86, so I was working up to this. I’m thinking about taking tomorrow off and playing – I’m on a roll. I’ll shoot 77 or 103 – you never know with my game.

I’m sure this is not a great score for a lot of you guys, but for a guy that averages 90 out there, it’s numerous beer time for me.

Thanks for listening.

Paul

It was like an out of body experience…

I’ve got to tell you guys because my wife said, “That’s nice honey. Is chicken ok for dinner?”

· I shot 39 on the front and 41 on the back today.

· 5 three putts.

· Offset those three putts with two one-putts from 20+ feet (I was hoping to get close).

· Hit 11 fairways (7 on the front).

· Hit 10 GIR (7 on the front).

· On a par 5, I hit a 3 wood to 3’ (and two-putted from there).

· Three birdies and one double bougie.

· According to GRINT, I shot a net 63 today.

It was a good day. My two previous rounds were 88 and 86, so I was working up to this. I’m thinking about taking tomorrow off and playing – I’m on a roll. I’ll shoot 77 or 103 – you never know with my game.

I’m sure this is not a great score for a lot of you guys, but for a guy that averages 90 out there, it’s numerous beer time for me.

Thanks for listening.

Paul

Paul, 80's a great score for a lot of us any day. Nice work!

Nice round for sure, congrats! Imagine if your putter was working for you!

I haven't played in a long time now. Heading to Vegas for Thanksgiving so I'm hoping to bring my clubs and get a round in.

Edel E-1

I haven't played in a long time now. Heading to Vegas for Thanksgiving so I'm hoping to bring my clubs and get a round in.

I started a thread last night that I was going to be in Vegas on Jan 2nd and 3rd – where to play?

Do you have places to play there?

I shot 39 on the front and 41 on the back today.

I'm sure this is not a great score for a lot of you guys, but for a guy that averages 90 out there, it’s numerous beer time for me.

Thanks for listening.

Paul

Hey, if your handicap on here is correct (a 15), that means my handicap is less than half of yours...and I still get super excited when I shoot in the 30's for 9 holes. That 39 is damn impressive, and a total score of 80 is nothing to scoff at. Out of my past 20 scores, only 6 of them have been below 80. Get those 5 3-putts off the card, and keep it up, and you'll be down to a single digit in no time.

Curious as well. I'm kind of burnt out on football all together. I just don't see the same amount of entertainment value that I once did. Of course, the wife is making me go to the Bronco game tonight, I really don't want to go lol.

I could probably write a 10-page essay, but here are some bullet points...

• The game didn't go into overtime, and it lasted FOUR. BLEEPIN'. HOURS.
  • I didn't grow up watching college football. Where I grew up, college basketball was a religion.
  • My high school didn't have a football team. I attended exactly one high school football match.
  • I've become totally disenfranchised with the whole college sports system. They've become glorified minor league teams for the professional sports.
  • Yes, I'm sure it's a fantastic way to spend six Saturdays a year...if you're in college or recently graduated. But seeing all of these grown men and women (many of whom probably didn't even attend that college) whose livelihood seemingly hinges on the performance of a bunch of 18-22 year olds is a bit ... weird.

I pretty much stopped watching the NBA about a decade ago, and the NFL is hot on its heels. I could also go on and on about how free agency has ruined professional sports. Happy to discuss over a beer with anyone.

I started a thread last night that I was going to be in Vegas on Jan 2nd and 3rd – where to play?

I haven't played many courses there, but typically play Rhodes Ranch since my uncle lives there.

Paiute is a cool place if you're willing to drive out of town though. They have 3 courses.

Edel E-1

I could probably write a 10-page essay, but here are some bullet points...

• The game didn't go into overtime, and it lasted FOUR. BLEEPIN'. HOURS.
  • I didn't grow up watching college football. Where I grew up, college basketball was a religion.
  • My high school didn't have a football team. I attended exactly one high school football match.
  • I've become totally disenfranchised with the whole college sports system. They've become glorified minor league teams for the professional sports.
  • Yes, I'm sure it's a fantastic way to spend six Saturdays a year...if you're in college or recently graduated. But seeing all of these grown men and women (many of whom probably didn't even attend that college) whose livelihood seemingly hinges on the performance of a bunch of 18-22 year olds is a bit ... weird.

I pretty much stopped watching the NBA about a decade ago, and the NFL is hot on its heels. I could also go on and on about how free agency has ruined professional sports. Happy to discuss over a beer with anyone.

Where'd you grow up?

I'll take you up on the beer - no need to discuss free agency though.

I haven't played many courses there, but typically play Rhodes Ranch since my uncle lives there.

Paiute is a cool place if you're willing to drive out of town though. They have 3 courses.

I'll look into those places. Thanks.

Vegas has quite a few good courses. It really is just a matter of your budget. They let you spend as much as you want out there. Most courses will be $100+ on up to $500+ if you want to play Shadow Creek or Wynn. I've played Stallion Mtn, Revere and Concord, and Bali Hai. I would recommend all three. Revere is best if you want to play 36 as Concord is there too. However, the best bang for your buck will be Boulder Creek GC in Boulder City about 30 minutes out.

Not sure on topic or off.....BUT if you have time to drive up and play Wolf Creek or Conestoga in Mesquite I would do that. (about an hour drive)

Having played both of them a few times I think Conestoga is the better course. Granted not as "visual" as Wolf Creek but also more traditional and VERY nice.

EDIT: Added links

http://www.golfwolfcreek.com/

http://www.conestogagolf.com/gallery/

Vegas has quite a few good courses. It really is just a matter of your budget. They let you spend as much as you want out there. Most courses will be $100+ on up to $500+ if you want to play Shadow Creek or Wynn. I've played Stallion Mtn, Revere and Concord, and Bali Hai. I would recommend all three. Revere is best if you want to play 36 as Concord is there too. However, the best bang for your buck will be Boulder Creek GC in Boulder City about 30 minutes out.

+1 on value. 3 - 9 holes courses to play so could get in 27 holes.

Not sure on topic or off.....BUT if you have time to drive up and play Wolf Creek or Conestoga in Mesquite I would do that. (about an hour drive)

Having played both of them a few times I think Conestoga is the better course. Granted not as "visual" as Wolf Creek but also more traditional and VERY nice.

Wolf Creek is where I'm supposed to be playing tomorrow. My group is there this week for our annual trip but I couldn't go thus year.

Wolf Creek is where I'm supposed to be playing tomorrow. My group is there this week for our annual trip but I couldn't go thus year.

That really sucks, sorry to bring it up :tongue: .... Have you played Conestoga?

That really sucks, sorry to bring it up :tongue: .... Have you played Conestoga?

Yes, we play it every year. I'll like Conestoga better if I ever manage to miss the massive fairway bunker on 18!Wolf Creek we play only about every fourth year.

And I really can't complain about missing this year, I was in Greeley for the birth of my second grandson, so that helps ease the pain However I don't need my guys texting me every afternoon to tell me how nice it is there.

Gratz on the second grandson. Always better then golf. LOL I have hit the bunker a few times, its a tough hole at 440-480 ish from the back two tees!!!

Just keep sending the guys baby pictures =_)

Yep, and then that massive green. Deep bunkers and you're hitting at least a mid iron in. Strong finisher. For some reason that tee shot just doesn't fit my eye.

Funny thing about my group, most aren't even married, let alone have kids, the baby pics don't have the effect like they do on dads and grandfathers.

Where'd you grow up?

It will be pretty obvious when we eventually meet, but I grew up in Kentucky.

As much as I have enjoyed Calipari in Lexington, that guy is more corrupt than a Chicago politician. Then again, I think I heard Pitino say, "Hold my beer."

I was just out in Vegas a few weeks ago. We played Bear's Best. It was great, second time I've played there. Fun track. We were scheduled to play Reflection Bay as well but cancelled that because...well, Vegas. My buddy was just out there as well and he highly recommended Paiute and Rio Secco as well. Have fun!

Where'd you grow up?

It will be pretty obvious when we eventually meet, but I grew up in Kentucky.

As much as I have enjoyed Calipari in Lexington, that guy is more corrupt than a Chicago politician. Then again, I think I heard Pitino say, "Hold my beer."

I ask because I was born and raised in Indiana – I’m also an IU grad. College basketball is still a religion. And Kelvin Sampson... He had both Calipari and Pitino hold his beer.

Also, before I forget… Kentucky sucks :cheesy: