Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We’re going to be there again this weekend. Again beautiful weather. And again no clubs.

Hey, you haven't left yet. There's still time to pack up the clubs and bring them. No use saying "no clubs" when you have time to change that! :p

Boy I wish I could Jacob, I'm really looking forward to meeting and playing with a bunch of the guys here. But this trip is for a 5K run in a run series my wife wanted to do, and then a quick visit with the new grandson in Greeley. Hopefully we'll be moved over there by there by the start of this summer season.

Article on the new TPC Colorado course in Berthoud which was rated recently by the CGA. Members have already been playing some of the holes. Expected opening next summer with public fees around mid $100s. I think Highland Meadows in Windsor by the same designer is one of the more interesting public layouts in the state, so looking forward to this.

http://www.coloradogolf.org/index.php?mod=NewsMedia_Read&ArticleID=2584

I did some internet sleuthing a few weeks ago. Found one of the groundskeeper's Facebook profile and went through his photos. People have been playing some holes for months now. So I would just go through social media and find any/all photos I could.

I can't wait to play it. It's going to be amazing.

Edit: Just read the article. A 762 yard par 5?! Even Joel will have to take 3 strokes to get there.

What I wouldn't do to somehow afford/obtain a membership out there. How's the black market for organs in Colorado?

I can't remember the last time I played :(

I've been so busy lately with work, family, and studying for a certification. I can't wait for things to slow down just a bit. It was a real bummer when we went to Vegas over Thxgiving and I couldn't play because our car was already full and there was no where to put my clubs. Oh well...

On the plus side, I won a year long membership to Swing-U, which I'm pretty excited about. I need to find time at the beginning of the year to start using it! Not to mention, I need to get my garage set up so I can hit balls this winter.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I did some internet sleuthing a few weeks ago. Found one of the groundskeeper's Facebook profile and went through his photos. People have been playing some holes for months now. So I would just go through social media and find any/all photos I could.

Edit: Just read the article. A 762 yard par 5?! Even Joel will have to take 3 strokes to get there.

What I wouldn't do to somehow afford/obtain a membership out there. How's the black market for organs in Colorado?

It sounds like they always have to allow public play due to some agreement with the city, so I don't think it will ever be completely private, but they can set the public price to whatever they want. Because of that I'm guessing the membership isn't completely outrageous. They aren't going to be able to get Castle Pines/DCC etc. prices. Wild guess given other private courses in CO, no more than $25k tops for initiation and about $500 a month. We'll know by spring when Avid Golfer publishes their updated private club guide.

Wild guess given other private courses in CO, no more than $25k tops for initiation and about $500 a month. We'll know by spring when Avid Golfer publishes their updated private club guide.

s***, my bank account has never even seen $2,500 at one time, let alone $25,000.

Does anybody want a couple GolfNow hot deal coupon codes? I got them for a Black Friday promo, but they're only valid Monday-Thursday...and I work a typical work week. So weekday golf is never an option for me.

Wild guess given other private courses in CO, no more than $25k tops for initiation and about $500 a month. We'll know by spring when Avid Golfer publishes their updated private club guide.

s***, my bank account has never even seen $2,500 at one time, let alone $25,000.

Does anybody want a couple GolfNow hot deal coupon codes? I got them for a Black Friday promo, but they're only valid Monday-Thursday...and I work a typical work week. So weekday golf is never an option for me.

How much do you want for them? I might be interested. I also may be down to play the Park Hill thing next weekend. You still thinking about it? Or I might just get out next Saturday and play...

And a little ahead of schedule, but my birthday is the 26th. Weather permitting, I always play that day. Anyone interested in joining me? Not sure where I'll play yet.

FYI... just saw this in the Instruction forum...

Looks like Monte is putting together a schedule for next year. I'll let the other guys who attended speak for their opinions... but I thought it was a great time. I got some great feedback on things I needed to focus on, as well as clearing my brain of things I though I needed to do that really were actually messing me up. Mid-May should be a great time weather wise, and a great way to knock the rust off for the season.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1569192-2018-golf-schools-schedule-and-a-very-special-event-in-houstonpost-23/

How much do you want for them? I might be interested. I also may be down to play the Park Hill thing next weekend. You still thinking about it? Or I might just get out next Saturday and play...

And a little ahead of schedule, but my birthday is the 26th. Weather permitting, I always play that day. Anyone interested in joining me? Not sure where I'll play yet.

Oh I don't want anything for the codes! Just a couple free $20s. I emailed the guy about the Park Hill thing, about trying to sign up without a full 4-some. Haven't heard back. Definitely want to swing a bit on Saturday though.

It sounds like they always have to allow public play due to some agreement with the city, so I don't think it will ever be completely private, but they can set the public price to whatever they want. Because of that I'm guessing the membership isn't completely outrageous. They aren't going to be able to get Castle Pines/DCC etc. prices. Wild guess given other private courses in CO, no more than $25k tops for initiation and about $500 a month. We'll know by spring when Avid Golfer publishes their updated private club guide.

One of our Nash members left to join at TPC. He bought a plot of land on the course to build a house also. He did say the membership was pretty reasonable considering it's TPC. I think he said joining early (this summer) he only paid like 10k initiation and it was around $400/mo.

Brian, if weather is nice I'll join ya.

Oh I don't want anything for the codes! Just a couple free $20s. I emailed the guy about the Park Hill thing, about trying to sign up without a full 4-some. Haven't heard back. Definitely want to swing a bit on Saturday though.

I'll take one off your hands then, if they're still up for grabs. Someone else should get the other. Thanks for offering them up to everyone!

Let me know about Saturday. Only thing on my schedule is changing brake rotors, flushing brake fluid, and flipping to the winter tires.

Saw this on the book of face... The Pinery & Pradera is having some kind membership special right now...

$2,500 Initiation Fee

Monthly Dues of $485 with 1 year of Summit Access

http://www.thepinerycountry.club/

$1500 initiation and free cart for a year if transferring from another private club.

Not sure how much Summit is after the first year (I think it's $600-ish).

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Saw this on the book of face... The Pinery & Pradera is having some kind membership special right now...

$2,500 Initiation Fee

Monthly Dues of $485 with 1 year of Summit Access

http://www.thepinerycountry.club/

$1500 initiation and free cart for a year if transferring from another private club.

Not sure how much Summit is after the first year (I think it's $600-ish).

Not bad. Basically dropping the initiation by $10k and giving you summit for free the first year. Not a huge fan of Pinery, but Pradera is a fun track. I'd be all over that if I lived in Castle Rock. Summit membership was $60 a month last year and allowed you to play the other course for a cart fee.

Does anyone know of places you can just rent/use a Trackman? I did the membership at D'Lance for a couple months. Nice to just go and swing...but the laser technology they use for distance/swing speed/etc etc seems super old, outdated, and numbers never seemed accurate. They have Trackman's there for fittings, but not available to use outside of that.

I know Green Valley Ranch offers the use of a Trackman for $100/hour. That seems pretty damn steep. And it's usually windy out there. I'd hate to spend $100 only to go hit balls into a 15mph headwind and all my numbers be irrelevant.

I'd love to just go somewhere, hit 20 balls with every club in my bag, and get a solid, accurate carry distance for each club.

Seems pretty reasonable for $40/hr

I've seen a bunch of ads for the South Broadway Country Club. Haven't been yet but looks fun, plan to head over there at some point this winter to check it out.

https://www.southbroadwaycc.com/

Thanks for the heads up on this. I am in the Denver area and was flipping through this thread and found this link. I went and tried South Broadway out last night and used their Trackman for an hour. It's a great setup and a pretty good deal, I think, at $40 an hour. The owner, Kelly, is a good guy. Played on mini tours and in college. Anyway, this was a good find. Thanks guys.

Yeah, I did go to the South Broadway Country Club a few weeks back. Just spent an hour going through my bag to get some average distances and numbers for each club. Seemed to line up with the distance info I get from my Game Golf GPS. Spin numbers seem a bit wonky. But that could be either because it's indoors and there are no metallic dots on the balls...or it's accurate and my swing is just producing that.

1 hour was enough for me to hit 3-5 shots with all 14 clubs in my bag, and play 9 holes on a simulated course. Will be going back soon to do a lesson. Kelly was super awesome and easy to talk to. Just after 5-10 warm up shots as soon as I got there, he asked "So, I'm guessing you're a single digit?" And could instantly tell a few things he wanted to work with me on in the future. Will probably do that soon. I think he told me he likes to run through the Trackman Combine with people in their first lesson. Then have them do it again a few lessons down the road. See how you improve.

My spin numbers could have been a little off too. Spin numbers were italicized so I think that means it was "guessing" at the numbers. I did have metallic dots on the balls too. My swing feels like poo though so it could have easily been me.

My guess would be that you could split the cost and that you're renting the bay so to speak. You'd have to call him though.

I was getting nearly 13,000 for my PW. To be fair though, I am coming down at it really steep. So that could be it.

dadFeqm.png

The funny thing is...I was getting more spin from my 46º PW than my 52º GW.

I was also averaging over 7,000rpm with my 6-iron.

9,500rpm with my 8-iron. Etc etc. After watching all of Rick Shiels testing videos, those numbers seem extremely high.

Also a bit strange that the data doesn't include ball speed or peak trajectory/height. Not that it matters very much, but I like seeing that sort of stuff.

It has all that data but you have to select from the options what you want it to show. I was wanting smash factor and just had to go in and select it to be displayed. Same with dynamic loft etc.

12,900 screams estimated value to me because of the roundness of the number. Look next time if it is italicized instead of normal font which tells you its an estimate.

Park Hill's indoor facility is considerably cheaper, particularly if you can go during the week or morning on the weekends. I forgot the name of it...let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Swing-Rex: http://swingrex.com/

The guy who runs it is pretty passionate about it. He's relatively new to the game, but is super friendly and helpful to get you going. They don't have prices on their website, but they have a pic of their prices on their facebook page. Peak price is $20/hr, and if you go before noon, it's only $10/hr. Those prices may be old, but even if they double them, they're still reasonable.

Edel E-1

I had no idea that Fitzsimmons golf course was closing down, too. Last day to play is next Sunday. $19 for 18 holes this whole week.

It almost celebrated its 100th birthday.

(Thanks to Jacob for identifying my mistake. Is it Friday yet?)

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

^^^

Any idea what flight tracker/simulator they use there? Oddly vague on the website. No mention of Trackman, Foresight, Full Swing Golf, etc etc.

All but one bay had GC2's, iirc. I don't remember what the other one was. It was one I hadn't seen before.

Edel E-1

I had no idea that Fitzsimmons golf course was closing down, too. Last day to play is this Sunday. $19 for 18 holes this whole week.

It almost celebrated its 100th birthday.

They actually got it extended. Closing down on the 17th now. Only $10 for 18 holes if you walk it.

I'm going out there on Sunday. I've never played it, but for $10, it beats going to a driving range. Course looks like it's short and flat enough to walk it without a problem.