What golf trips are you planning to take in 2017???

Just finishing up a trip to the UK

Royal St Georges

Turnberry

Troon

Prestwick

Cruden Bay

Muirfield

St Enodoc

Royal N Devon

Swinley Forest

well done! How did you like Swinley Forest? You must have some good connections.....

Swinley Forest was fantastic. Really enjoyed it. Great mix of short and long holes, just an ideal place to spend a day playing. I loved the overall look and feel of the club. Whole trip was great. Can't wait to go back.

Yikes! You were playing there in Feb - did you have to use mats for any of the courses?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royal St Georges

Turnberry

Troon

Prestwick

Cruden Bay

Muirfield

St Enodoc

Royal N Devon

Swinley Forest

well done! How did you like Swinley Forest? You must have some good connections.....

Swinley Forest was fantastic. Really enjoyed it. Great mix of short and long holes, just an ideal place to spend a day playing. I loved the overall look and feel of the club. Whole trip was great. Can't wait to go back.

Yikes! You were playing there in Feb - did you have to use mats for any of the courses?

The only course where mats were an issue was Turnberry which has basically brand new turf. We got lucky weather was great mostly mid 50s and very little rain.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Hoping to get to Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV in May. Vegas had been an annual stop for us and never took advantage of the courses available out there. The course is about an hour away from LV so it's manageable and might get to play TPC Sumerlin as well.

Anyone played either course? Any helpful info would be appreciated. (Other than swing well, haha)

Cheers

Royal St Georges

Turnberry

Troon

Prestwick

Cruden Bay

Muirfield

St Enodoc

Royal N Devon

Swinley Forest

You don't need any connections (anymore). I just sent them a friendly e-mail a few weeks ago to reserve a tee time in August.

Royal St Georges

Turnberry

Troon

Prestwick

Cruden Bay

Muirfield

St Enodoc

Royal N Devon

Swinley Forest

The only course where mats were an issue was Turnberry which has basically brand new turf. We got lucky weather was great mostly mid 50s and very little rain.

Cool :) When I lived there - except for playing 5x5 footy - the only time you'd want to go outdoors in Feb would be to walk to the pub. Great to hear it went well!

How does Cruden Bay compare to Prestwick/St. Enodoc/RND on the fun factor vs 'proper' grown up golf? It's got to be on my top 5 want to plays along with a couple on the Kent coast and Brancaster.

Prestwick and St. Enodoc are two of my absolute faves and if RND didn't have a few too many holes on the flat open ground it could be too.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Hoping to get to Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV in May. Vegas had been an annual stop for us and never took advantage of the courses available out there. The course is about an hour away from LV so it's manageable and might get to play TPC Sumerlin as well.

Anyone played either course? Any helpful info would be appreciated. (Other than swing well, haha)

Cheers

Wolf Creek - Bring extra golf balls, play in the morning, don't keep score (it will be high first time you play it, try a team game instead), stop and enjoy the views. That course is a blast bro, enjoy it!

I'm going to Pinehurst next week. 1st time.

Pinehurst has a cool vibe but then again I'm a lifetime Southern boy ;-) I've been to the area but not the Resort per se yet.

Back in the early 80's before I ever even thought about playing golf I had a job where we attended some special two-day company-wide meeting or another, staying at the Resort. On the second day we could either leave after and go home or stay over another night and play the #2 course on the company's dime the next morning. A bunch of my coworkers stayed but I was like "Are we done? I'm outta here".

A decade later when I was playing golf regularly it kinda got to me, in retrospect.

Going down to Streamsong in the summer time to play. Going to be hot as hell, but just will drink plenty of water/ gatorade. Also use plenty of sunscreen.

I would assume Streamsong is more affordable in the summer, yeah? Are you staying on property? That's one resort I would love to go to.

Have not booked it yet, but will be in the next few days. I believe the dates I was looking for were about 250 bucks a night which included golf and the room for the night. Going to talk to my dad to see if he wants to go. If not I will invite the wife and she can go to the spa! But yes much more affordable during the summer as it is brutally hot, but I am somewhat use to it. Hydrate hydrate and hydrate.

If you are ok with the heat Streamsong is a steal may-september. Check out the streamsong experience package online it is a great deal. Unfortunately with black opening in fall, youll just be missing out. But you can't beat the price. Last time I was there was april, and I have 2 rounds worth of rainchecks ($400+) I am thinking about going down this summer and getting double the rounds in.

probably just local trips this year but I'm planning to go to Half Moon Bay, and Monterey in the next few months. I played Pebble last year so I'm thinking of trying to play Spyglass and/or Poppy Hills in Monterey.

I also end up playing a lot of golf on our annual trip to see the in-laws, so that will be fun.

We're going to the Masters. I've been to practice rounds a few times over the years but not the actual tournament. After paying up for our tickets, the rest of the trip will be more budget conscious. We're playing the next week at the RTJ in Opelika and Prattville.

Then in June, I'm planning to go up to Indianapolis. I've never been there. Will play Brickyard, Wolf Run, a few others. There are several good courses, hard to decide on an exact list.

Hitting up Turning Stone to play their 3 courses on a 3-day boys golf trip. Then going to see about playing Samoset Resort in Maine when the wife and I travel up there later this year.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

I love golf travel so thought I would chime in...

Last year of note I hit up:

Streamsong - LOVED IT. To the poster headed there in the summer we went first wknd of June last year as we got a great deal. We got cooked the first day on the Red course.

I'm from Texas so used to the heat but it was pretty brutal. Caddie did say it was the hottest day of the year and hardly gets that warm (mid 90s and balls humid). I had a great round going through 9 then wilted in the heat. Next day for the blue course was much cooler and a bit overcast, weather was great. The food there is awesome.

100% will be going back in the next couple years to check out the black course.

Kiawah - Ocean Course is just so unique, what a great experience. I played like trash though which i let sully my round in the moment. Want to go back there to really enjoy myself.

4 Seasons course in Costa Rica - Incredible views, just amazing. A lush green course that looks like mountain golf, but on a peninsula surrounded by the Pacific Ocean.

TPC New Orleans - Nothing terribly special but we had a good time as part of a bachelor party.

Colorado - Annual family trip, played Beaver Creek, Cordillera Summit, Red Sky Ranch - Norman

Pasatiempo - Was a bucket list course for me.

Also, went to the Masters, Dell WGC and Ryder Cup...they did not let me play in any of those however. Haha.

This year I have on the books:

Pebble Beach, Spyglass, Spanish - Bucket list stuff right there

& Cordevalle

Trip back to Minnesota to play Hazeltine, this time they will let me play !

Wisconsin - Blackwolf Run, Erin Hills, Whistling Straits

LA - Trump National

Annual Colorado trip, then will probably hit Cabo or something like that in Nov/Dec

Outside chance for Shadow Creek in LV as I have a few work trips there this year.

Next year we will do Bandon, was supposed to be this year but some of the guys had kids, new houses, wedding, etc.

For the posters headed to Austin: Barton Creek is great if you are staying at the resort. Canyons course is my favorite, then Foothills is a bit more scenic than Crenshaw but I like them both. Palmer is a fine course but way off property and not much to look at save for a few lake views.

Someone mentioned Shadow Glen, I think it is a terrible course with tricked up holes especially on the front 9, not a fan.

I've heard good things abut Valler Creek but never been. Enjoy.

Kohler in May and Atlantic City in September are booked. Pumped up for Kohler. Pushing for a local weekend trip to Avalon.

Hoping for Bandon or La Quinta in 2018.

A buddy recently moved to Clayton, NC and will make an annual visit to play some combination of Duke, UNC Finley, Lonnie Poole in Raleigh, Tobacco Road in Sanford, Pine Needles & Mid Pines, Dormie Club, Legacy in Southern Pines, or Pinehurst.

Realized last night that I had to be at a conference in Dublin in June so I booked the weekend ahead of it at Old Head for a quick 36. Not real links golf but still one of my favorite places on eart on a sunny day. I could just walk around the peninsula and be happy. The fact that I get to play golf while doing it just makes it better.

I do a lot of shorter trips due to the nature of my job(customer/solo):

2017 Completed:

January: SoCal: Torrey Pines South, TPC Stadium, Trump LA, Rancho Sante Fe, Mission Hills Dye

February: Orlando/Tampa: Streamsong Blue, Ritz Carlton Orlando, Bayhill

2017 Pending:

March:

Hilton Head: Succession, Chechessee Creek Club, Berkeley Hall, Harbor Town

April:

Las Vegas Work trip: Shadow Creek and TBD

Palm Springs Vacation: PGA West Courses

May:

LA Trip: LA Country Club, San Gabriel CC

June:

Utah/Colorado Work:

Ballyneal, Red Ledges, Promontory(Dye)

Summer vacation/work(May-August): Hopefully a few of these turn into larger trips:

Biltmore Forest CC

Ballyhack

Golf Club Of Tennessee

Old North State

Myers Park CC

Dunes Club

Holston Hills

Plainfield CC

Grandfather Mountain CC

Metracomet CC

Capital City Club(Atlanta)

That is one serious list.

I would love your thoughts after the March trip, and oh yeah.... Grandfather.

915 D3 8.5
915F 15
915HD 17.5
J15CB 4-PW
X forged 49, 54, 59
California Del Mar

Heading to Orlando / Disney next week and will play Lake Buena Vista and the Palm, then a few days in Vero Beach where I'm planning on playing Sandridge and John's Island.

I'll also be in Scotland on a cruise in June, and plan on playing Royal Dornoch. Really looking forward to that!

Ping G410, 10.5 degree, Alta CB 55 Red

Taylormade RBZ, 15*, Matrix Ozik

Callaway Epic Super Hybrid, 18 degree, Aerotech Steelfiber FC

Callaway Rogue 4H, 21*, Aldila Synergy 60

Callaway Apex CF16, 5 - SW, Recoil 760

Callaway PM Grind 19, 60*

Rife 2 Bar Hybrid 

I'm going to Pinehurst next week. 1st time.

Played it a few years back, and thought it was very special. The renovation back to the natural waste areas gives it the same kind of feel unique back to most of the area courses.

Greens are brutally tough to hit, gotta bring it in high and stop it quick, but that's part of the fun there! Good luck!

8 Man trip to Palm Springs the weekend of the Masters

On tap:

PGA West Stadium

PGA West Nicklaus

Indian Wells (Both Courses)

Escena

Desert Willow

Can't Wait!

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

Shouldn't have opened this thread, there's too many ideas and too much jealousy going on in my head right now...thanks guys...

The only two I have planned at the moment are heading back to Brisbane Australia for my sister's wedding in June/July with basically golf gear and whatever I'm wearing to the wedding haha, I'm there for 12 days so minus the travel days and family fun I'm hoping to squeeze a few 36 hole days in and get 10 rounds in :)

We're also just booked our trip to Phoenix for Christmas again (almost 3 weeks this go around, can't wait!) so I'd assume there's going to be 10-15 rounds played over that trip as well :)

Hoping to sneak down into the Kootenays in BC for a weekend and get a few rounds in there this summer, but we'll see how that pans out!

Two big trips planned.

Heading to Wales for a family reunion with the wife and daughter the end of April and this time I'm taking my clubs. A friend and wife will be flying over to meet us in Scotland first week of May. We'll spend a long weekend in Ireland before heading to Scotland. So here's my list. Inside sources suggest we should be able to get on The Old course via ballot as well.

Royal Birkdale

Ballybunion

Lahinch

Muirfield

Prestwick

Troon

Turnberry

Kingsbarns

Carnoustie

Sept trip to Kholer to play the 4 courses up that way at Whistling Straits and Black Wolf Run, plus Erin Hills on the way home.

Wow, so many great courses being played within this thread! Definitely adding some to my short list.

We have a June trip to Maui & Lanai scheduled and plan to play Wailea & Manele. I have played Wailea quiet a few times... but it has been about 9 years since the last time I played Manele. It was awesome back then (so was the Experience at Koele - although that one is closed now). Pretty fired up to see how Manele is now (post Larry Ellison $$ and Nicklaus update).