SuperSpeed Golf training system

Yesterday at vendor's tournament, I got to play with a LPGA player who gave me few lessons; my lower body is way too quick and out of sync. I had to slow down lower body and locked my right side until impact. Then I started bombing. I will have to go back to the basic and make adjustment.

Anyways, I get 270 - 280 yds drives now. 3 wood yields 250 yds and 5 wood 225 yds. that's at least 20 yds increase. However, no difference in irons (yet).

Would any of you be interested in an app for tracking you progress? What features would you want. Would you pay 2$ for it?

I would but I'm afraid the #1 issue I have may be difficult to solve, namely the entry of each recorded swing speed. As is I'm having to call out each swing and then either record the whole session and then go back through it to enter into the spreadsheet (which makes the session take nearly twice as long), or have my wife log them as I call them out (and believe it or not she's not super keen about doing this 3x a week)...

So you would like it to use voice recognition for the swing speed, right?

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

Would any of you be interested in an app for tracking you progress? What features would you want. Would you pay 2$ for it?

I would but I'm afraid the #1 issue I have may be difficult to solve, namely the entry of each recorded swing speed. As is I'm having to call out each swing and then either record the whole session and then go back through it to enter into the spreadsheet (which makes the session take nearly twice as long), or have my wife log them as I call them out (and believe it or not she's not super keen about doing this 3x a week)...

Dude ordering another bourbon at the end of the bar would like to answer the question as a "Yes".

Yeah if that's possible, otherwise any other easy way to enter the data in real time would be fine.

Yeah if that's possible, otherwise any other easy way to enter the data in real time would be fine.

I use MS Excel app with voice recognition for data entry.

Comparing data from Sunday and tonight, I had the record SS of 146 with the green club on Sunday and the fastest SS I got tonight was 139. Stiff body sure yields lower SS. What is the difference? On Sunday, I did SSG session after 1 hour of stretching. Tonight, I did after an hour of lifting weights. Next time I lift weight and do SSG session, I should try light stretch after weight lifting.

So far, not a bad result for 5'8" 47 yrs old man.

Pretty darned impressive performance. Interesting how you're starting to learn when organize the system around other activities

I just called SS Golf as I'd just ordered the 4-club set and wanted to know when and how to start using the system as i recover from a lower back injury.

Well, I got straight through to a real human being who clearly knew what he was talking about. He was able to answer every question I had and more, even suggesting slight amendments to the protocols to cater to my specific situation.

There guys are absolutely legit. I know there are people out there making their own clubs, but I'll happily pay every penny for this system. Can't wait to start using it, even in a mild rehab capacity.

Pretty darned impressive performance. Interesting how you're starting to learn when organize the system around other activities

I just called SS Golf as I'd just ordered the 4-club set and wanted to know when and how to start using the system as i recover from a lower back injury.

Well, I got straight through to a real human being who clearly knew what he was talking about. He was able to answer every question I had and more, even suggesting slight amendments to the protocols to cater to my specific situation.

There guys are absolutely legit. I know there are people out there making their own clubs, but I'll happily pay every penny for this system. Can't wait to start using it, even in a mild rehab capacity.

welcome to the program. I have been working out since August to lose weight. About a month ago, I randomly discover this guy on youtube, Golf Swing Kinematics Japan, KOSUKE OZAWA . I incorporated and followed his simple exercise and instantly added some respectable yards on my drive and others. But as I felt his exercise was too simple, on youtube, I discover Tyler Parsons and SSG.

What I discover from reviewing all three websites is that you must build, develop and sustain your body to keep up with SSG sessions. IMO, anyone may be prone to injury sooner or later because I felt strain on my body in the first few sessions. That's why I religiously have one-hour session of stretch on Sunday and light stretches during week. Also, stretch is something I totally recommend for you to do.

Perhaps this is the great chance to rebuild your body from your back injury. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine becomes a body builder to ease the back pain. If she can do it, you can; she was a whale once. Now a nice slim babe.

Another workout effect trial. Tonight, I did not work out and my waist is stiff from another full workout last night. Instead I only did SSG Warm-Up Protocol. Why? Since I never get to stretch before a round, I try to simulate body condition.

The result: Overall SS was faster than the last session (full workout) but not as fast as the second last session (1hr stretch).

Stretch, stretch, and stretch. Now I will resume to work out (cardio & core).

welcome to the program. I have been working out since August to lose weight. About a month ago, I randomly discover this guy on youtube, Golf Swing Kinematics Japan, KOSUKE OZAWA . I incorporated and followed his simple exercise and instantly added some respectable yards on my drive and others. But as I felt his exercise was too simple, on youtube, I discover Tyler Parsons and SSG.

What I discover from reviewing all three websites is that you must build, develop and sustain your body to keep up with SSG sessions. IMO, anyone may be prone to injury sooner or later because I felt strain on my body in the first few sessions. That's why I religiously have one-hour session of stretch on Sunday and light stretches during week. Also, stretch is something I totally recommend for you to do.

Perhaps this is the great chance to rebuild your body from your back injury. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine becomes a body builder to ease the back pain. If she can do it, you can; she was a whale once. Now a nice slim babe.

Bookmarking this for later. I'm 41, and I definitely don't always feel as limber as I'd like to anymore, and I really feel like I need to start doing some exercises to help maintain flexibility, as I'm sure that is going to get worse with time.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Bookmarking this for later. I'm 41, and I definitely don't always feel as limber as I'd like to anymore, and I really feel like I need to start doing some exercises to help maintain flexibility, as I'm sure that is going to get worse with time.

It is not too late. As matter of fact, never too late to start workout.

The hardest thing to do is to work out as lifestyle. I have been back to workout 3-4 sessions a week past 4 months but still struggle.

It is not too late. As matter of fact, never too late to start workout.

The hardest thing to do is to work out as lifestyle. I have been back to workout 3-4 sessions a week past 4 months but still struggle.

So true.

In my particular case I've always been good at working out as a lifestyle, but stretching... that was a bridge too far for me. Any time I did start stretching I never stuck with it long enough to see the benefits (probably parallels how many have felt about working out).

Now, between PT stretches, The Most Important Stretch in Golf device, swinging the heavy SuperSpeed club slowly in the non dominant direction, BeerPerHole's doorway stretch, and Drive 400 stretches, I'm starting to see benefits for the first time ever.

Twice a day during breaks at work, I go through SSG Warm-Up Protocol as daily loosen-up stretch. It only takes 5 min. I feel great after the session.

also, you should try these at home as weekly stretch. I do these twice a week.

Thanks! Tyler is legit, but my lower back issues take me out of a bunch of those moves for now.

One easy 15 min stretching routine made by a guy called Colin Westerman. I love it because, while it's not at the athletic level of Tyler Parsons or Drive 400 it's very lower back friendly. It's almost a stretching routing for non-stretchers, so it's perfect for people that are finally trying to incorporate stretching after previously avoiding it:

I would be extatic if I could get to your yardages by the spring.

Twice a day during breaks at work, I go through SSG Warm-Up Protocol as daily loosen-up stretch. It only takes 5 min. I feel great after the session.

also, you should try these at home as weekly stretch. I do these twice a week.

Thanks! Tyler is legit, but my lower back issues take me out of a bunch of those moves for now.

One easy 15 min stretching routine made by a guy called Colin Westerman. I love it because, while it's not at the athletic level of Tyler Parsons or Drive 400 it's very lower back friendly. It's almost a stretching routing for non-stretchers, so it's perfect for people that are finally trying to incorporate stretching after previously avoiding it:

I would be extatic if I could get to your yardages by the spring.

PF, thanx. I see some of the stretching techniques are identical to Tyler's but looks way easier like you said.

I will share this video wih a friend who has back issue (he had multiple back surgeries) and swings like Charles Barkley. I hope that he pull his a** out of couch and get on it.

Right now, my dominant (right) side is on plateau but the weak side is improving session by session. I think my body is balancing itself. amazing to see how God created our bodies. At this moment, I am focusing on to develop faster and correct everyday swing, not too crazy about SS. I am sure everything will be put together soon.

It is 10 am and time to do SSG warm-up session as morning stretch.

My wife got me SSG for Christmas and I’m excited to see the increases in the next few weeks/months. Already a blast trying to max out the swing speeds on the monitor. Has anyone compared their driver speed with SSG’s monitor to something like a Trackman or flight scope to see how accurate it is? I know as long as I’m using the same monitor it will all be relative in terms of increases, but I’m wondering how accurate the monitor truly is.

I just got mine for xmas as well. It's going to be hard to do it only every other day. I want to do it more often. Ive been on GC2 with HMT that actually measures the head. I'm very consistently 109-112 on that depending on the day. On SSR, it's a few mph higher but not crazy. Good swings get up to 115/116. Even if SSR isn't 100% accurate as to the absolute speed, it will reflect if you are making gains and providing that positive reinforcement.

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

My wife got me SSG for Christmas and I'm excited to see the increases in the next few weeks/months. Already a blast trying to max out the swing speeds on the monitor. Has anyone compared their driver speed with SSG's monitor to something like a Trackman or flight scope to see how accurate it is? I know as long as I'm using the same monitor it will all be relative in terms of increases, but I'm wondering how accurate the monitor truly is.

I find practice swings can read faster, but when hitting an actual ball it's more accurate, you see a lot of folk swinging and rotating the clubhead through impact fast to get high practice swing speeds on the SSR, but that's just for show. As you say, it reads fine if you're using it as a gauge on your own swing.

Warning: Unscientific results ahead.

There is a range nearby that converts to a golf dome in the winter, and they have these dividers between stalls that give you ball speed and distance numbers (I’m sure it doesn’t measure spin, so the distance numbers are suspect at best). But I have hit balls at this range a bunch of times, and I get pretty consistent numbers from visit to visit. I went today for the first time this winter, and I was getting faster ball speeds than usual, by 3-5 mph. Now, the real question is, did I just get a bay with a juiced monitor, or am I really hitting it farther with every club in the bag? I’ll have to go back this week and try a different stall and see what happens.

I’m to the point where I’m supposed to move on to the next protocol, introducing the kneeling swings. I missed a couple of sessions over the holidays, because of a stomach bug and general craziness of the season, so I think I’m going to do two more sessions of the introductory protocol before moving on.

For those of you who have moved on to the swings from your knees, do you have a recommendation for a good pad to use for your knees? I’m not sure what the best option is for good padding that won’t slip.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Hi guys,

Late to the party but having been inspired by the results of guys on here I thought I would give this a go.

As it's a bad time of year for shelling out ££'s on golf aids, I though I would have a go at the DIY route first. I have lots of shafts so for the sake of £5 for a bag of steel washers and playing with adapter components I have come up with these below.

Used a couple of longer M4 bolts for the heavier sticks and original adapter screw from the lightest ones. Weights are dialled in really nicely and shafts are progressively heavier (60g,70g,80g) which I hope will work out well. No epoxy so no mess and took a grand total of 5 mins to put together. Might end up epoxying the washers and adapters all together for extra security. Time to get to work with protocol 1.

G

Hi guys,

Late to the party but having been inspired by the results of guys on here I thought I would give this a go.

As it's a bad time of year for shelling out ££'s on golf aids, I though I would have a go at the DIY route first. I have lots of shafts so for the sake of £5 for a bag of steel washers and playing with adapter components I have come up with these below.

Used a couple of longer M4 bolts for the heavier sticks and original adapter screw from the lightest ones. Weights are dialled in really nicely and shafts are progressively heavier (60g,70g,80g) which I hope will work out well. No epoxy so no mess and took a grand total of 5 mins to put together. Might end up epoxying the washers and adapters all together for extra security. Time to get to work with protocol 1.

G

almost like mine but no tape. well done.

after one month of ssg, I feel like I hit a wall but not discouraged.

My driving swing is not quite there yet. Lotta improvement to make. one day, I faded/sliced due to way too fast lower body. So next day, I slowed the lower body. Then, I started hitting almost every drive to left. I am going nuts. Once again, not discouraged. I consider it as pain to develop better swing.