2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SuperSpeed Golf training system

I noticed the small drop-off as well.

Up to this point I thought I was faster on all step-change...but...not according to the radar.

I'm doing the program inside of a basketball gym that has a not so sticky floor...so...may be subconsciously holding back b/c of the floor.

Step-change is 5 - 10% faster for me.

why don't you use yoga mat? That's what I use it at home with bare feet.

So...this morning I made a conscious effort to clean the gym floor with a wet towel...then dry it with another towel...to ensure I had good footing.

My results on Step-Change were noticeably different (below).

This is Week 4 for me on the Intro Protocol...and I may go (1) more week on Intro to ensure my body is ready for the next Protocol.

A couple of tips for the guys just starting out...or thinking about doing this program:

1. Always warm up...and dynamically stretch before each session (this is critical). I say that b/c during my 1st week...I tried to go into the gym and go all out without stretching first. It set me back a full week b/c I felt like I strained/pulled something in my external oblique / lower back area...and was sidelined for a week.

2. It's good to mix this program in with a broader exercise regimen (I'm in Week 9 of mine). I always do my speed work prior to hitting the weights. Just food for thought.

Here are my results from this morning. Step-Change is very different with a sticky floor.

Green Right - 131

Green Left - 119

Blue Right - 122

Blue Left - 111

Red Right - 115

Red Left - 107

Step Change Green Right - 132

Step Change Green Left - 117

Step Change Blue Right - 128

Step Change Blue Left - 112

Step Change Red Right - 119

Step Change Red Left - 107

Last Swing Green - 132

With JJ's advice, I had Level 1 session after warm-up but before workout. I broke records in many categories. For the record breaking purpose, pre-workout would be the best but not sure what would be better for the body and swing.

If the goal is to increase swing speed, and the program does that by getting you to swing the sticks faster, easy deduction that anything promoting increased speeds would be the way to go.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

With JJ's advice, I had Level 1 session after warm-up but before workout. I broke records in many categories. For the record breaking purpose, pre-workout would be the best but not sure what would be better for the body and swing.

Nice!

In anything I've read or listened to from the SuperSpeed Golf folks they recommend doing this after a warmup before workouts to extract the full benefits from the system.

If you think about it, you're trying to 'max out' with 100% exertion, and that isn't possible if your muscles have already been taxed, glycogen stores depleted, etc.

I think the idea is to treat SSG like a workout in itself, i.e. properly warm up, but untaxed from other activities that hit the same muscle groups... proper hydration, etc..

SuperSpeed told me to do it before regular workout for best results.

I've hit a new PR with the heavy club (131) today after my workout, which was volume squats and heavy walk outs.

Week 8.

On 1/14, I did it after an hour of stretch.

On 1/16, after full workout

On 1/18, after core workout

I will try it after warm-up and before workout like JJ. Definitely, Level 1 is harder on bod.

It's interesting it looks like your standing green speed is the same as you've standing Blue. Have others experienced this?

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Week 8.

I will try it after warm-up and before workout like JJ. Definitely, Level 1 is harder on bod.

It's interesting it looks like your standing green speed is the same as you've standing Blue. Have others experienced this?

First, swinging green feels like warm-up to me, starting off bit slow and then faster.

Second, perhaps due to workout, the green one feels too light. If you look at 12/21 record, blue was faster than green.

All of you that have been using it... how long have you done the program and how much distance have you gained? How much swing speed mph with driver? Also your handicap.

Not sure if its worth it for me or not.

I don't swing aggressively as SSG sessions. It's been few months. My driver SS before SSG was low 100s. Now high 100s gaining at least 15 yds conservatively. Before I had to put effort and pressure. But now i just go easy.

As said by many in this topic, workout is essential. I say a Must. For me, it is totally worth it. I lost 15 lbs, drive longer, feel great, am as flexible as octopus and look years younger.

All of you that have been using it... how long have you done the program and how much distance have you gained? How much swing speed mph with driver? Also your handicap.

I think what SS says on their website and what you can find on google is what you'll find from folks on this forum - I don't think you'll learn anything new from poling this forum (not trying to sound like a dick with that).

I think you can reasonably expect 2-5% increase in SS after a month or so, with more training maintaining the speed. Some have gotten more speed. A s*** ton of tour guys are using these now, so its worth it for them if that's why you're wondering about hdcp.

I think what SS says on their website and what you can find on google is what you'll find from folks on this forum - I don't think you'll learn anything new from poling this forum (not trying to sound like a dick with that).

I think you can reasonably expect 2-5% increase in SS after a month or so, with more training maintaining the speed. Some have gotten more speed. A s*** ton of tour guys are using these now, so its worth it for them if that's why you're wondering about hdcp.

Yes, fair enough. I was just hoping to hear how much it helps someone with a similar handicap to me. Like I would be surprised if tour players gain more than 1 mph honestly. Me though, I have a feeling I would gain substantial distance because it seems like they are basically plyometrics for your upper body/core. In my athletic career, when I added plyometrics for basketball I gained a good 6 inches in my vertical jump, a good 20% increase which is a ton. Obviously not gonna see that in swing speed but if I've responded that well to plyos in the past, I wonder what it could do for my golf game? Anyone have opinions on that?

Yes, fair enough. I was just hoping to hear how much it helps someone with a similar handicap to me. Like I would be surprised if tour players gain more than 1 mph honestly. Me though, I have a feeling I would gain substantial distance because it seems like they are basically plyometrics for your upper body/core. In my athletic career, when I added plyometrics for basketball I gained a good 6 inches in my vertical jump, a good 20% increase which is a ton. Obviously not gonna see that in swing speed but if I've responded that well to plyos in the past, I wonder what it could do for my golf game? Anyone have opinions on that?

So........i'm similar (0)

-do the speed training.... (10% light...then standard...then 10% heavy....5 reps...2 sets to start). 3 times a week. I'm cheap so I taped 2 golf balls to an old driver (for the 10 % heavy) and used an old graphite shaft with 2 golf balls taped to it (for the 10% light)

-work your legs .... box jumps...plyo works...

-medicine ball throws (golf specific...look em' up on you tube).....DONT OVER DO IT.........and you'll see a significant increase in speed. Perhaps more importantly...your control will be noticeably better with all clubs.

remember....Power is strength x speed....

Curious about impact to regular on course swing (or more importantly, actual on course performance...) for those that have journeyed down this path. I'm fairly sure I understand the part task training aspect of this and the goods/others associated with doing this with 'swing devices' vice clubs and actually hitting balls.

That said, have you seen 'bad habits' or such creep into your regular swing as a result of repeatedly swinging all out during training? If yes, what have you done to keep you regular tempo in check whilst progressing through the program?

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X

Week 8.

First, swinging green feels like warm-up to me, starting off bit slow and then faster.

Second, perhaps due to workout, the green one feels too light. If you look at 12/21 record, blue was faster than green.

From 18 sessions done so far, here is the stat:

Avg SS

Green - Standing: 119.78

Blue - Standing: 120.84

Green - Step Change: 124.86

Blue - Step Change: 126.42

Green - Final Standing: 131.20

There is dramatic change between the initial Green Standing and the final Green Standing. Does any of you have the same?

Week 8.

From 18 sessions done so far, here is the stat:

Avg SS

Green - Standing: 119.78

Blue - Standing: 120.84

Green - Step Change: 124.86

Blue - Step Change: 126.42

Green - Final Standing: 131.20

There is dramatic change between the initial Green Standing and the final Green Standing. Does any of you have the same?

I'm still in the intro phase and have gone through nine sessions. Different from you, my standing green is a few MPH slower than standing blue. But like you, the final green standing is a few MPH faster than initial green standing. I also started incorporating plyometrics into my workouts in the last week, so I'm interested to see how much that helps along with the SSG and the other strength and flexibility training.

Avg SS

Green - Standing: 119.9

Blue - Standing: 115.3

Green - Step Change: 121.9

Blue - Step Change: 116.3

Green - Final Standing: 123.1

What's also interesting is that it looks like my step change are only 1-2 mph higher than standing whereas your step change are 5-6mph faster. I wondering if I'm doing it incorrectly. I do it on my net return mat in the living room. Perhaps that's not the best surface or maybe my technique is wrong.

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

A couple of observations and answers for the guys asking questions about technique...etc.

When I'm in the gym and swinging the sticks...I don't even think about a proper golf swing (technique...plane...impact positions...etc). Don't care.

The only thing I focus on is swinging the stick as fast as I possibly can...every time. No more...no less.

I'm not training my body to be able to peform a perfect golf swing...rather...I'm training my body to learn how to go fast.

Once my body is equipped to go fast...I can clean up the swing when I'm shaking off the winter rust.

A couple of observations and answers for the guys asking questions about technique...etc.

When I'm in the gym and swinging the sticks...I don't even think about a proper golf swing (technique...plane...impact positions...etc). Don't care.

The only thing I focus on is swinging the stick as fast as I possibly can...every time. No more...no less.

I'm not training my body to be able to peform a perfect golf swing...rather...I'm training my body to learn how to go fast.

Once my body is equipped to go fast...I can clean up the swing when I'm shaking off the winter rust.

I agree fast is the goal. I guess my question about technique is with the step specifically. It's not so much about good golf technique but about which step technique generates the most speed. Are people stepping and then swinging as if they are planting off the left foot then firing? Or, should step and swing be happening simultaneously.

Backswing...feet come close together.

Downswing...lead foot moves towards target...plants...and you swing the **** out of the stick.

Look up Tyler Parsons Golf on YouTube for a good video and visual representation.

That dude goes full bore.

That is helpful! Thank you!

Anyone keeping track of ball speed through out this training?

I am on my Skytrak. I figure it's ballspeed measurements are more accurate than my SSR for club head speed (I trust the consistency, just not the accuracy).

I just started getting back at it in December after setting up my garage for hitting, and I don't really like hitting driver in the garage, so i base lined and have been keeping track of 7i ballspeed.

My starting 7i ballspeed 1 month ago was 114 mph. I read that pros avg smash for 7i is around 1.33 and I am a fairly decent ballstriker (4 cap), so I'm giving myself a generous 1.28 smash. I peaked yesterday at 120 mph 7i ballspeed. Public school math says I have picked up 4.75 mph club head speed...I don't pay any attention to the CHS numbers Skytrak spits out as it's not an actual measurement anyway.

I like doing it this way as I still need to focus on solid contact as well as going at it harder than I normally would.

My goal is mid to high 120s ballspeed w/ 7i

I tried using my SSR to measure ball speed this past weekend. The pics below show how I did it and my best speed of the day. Getting the ball to go directly over the SSR was good practice starting the ball online and harder than I thought. I'm not going to go around claiming my BS is 189, but I did see a lot of 178-183's on solid hits with beat up Chromesofts. My last time on Trackman was last spring and I was 121-122 mph CHS and right around 178 mph BS with range balls. As soon as I'm on Trackman again I'll post my results. Hopefully, sooner than later, as I have a Tensei Pro Orange 70TX and an ATMOS Black 8TX waiting to go into my driver and 3 wood.

https://www.milesofgolf.com/speed-training/

I’m not really sure how you decide if it’s “worth it” for you. I can’t see anything negative happening so worst case scenario it’s just another part of a workout to follow during the off-season.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link