SuperSpeed Golf training system

A quick update with the key intention of encouraging others and keeping folks engaged. For the last few years, my swing speed on GC2 HMT has consistently averaged about 110mph. Bad days average around 108 and good days 112. On SSR, numbers are a little higher like 112/113 on average days. Good swings would be 115. I started super speed on 12/29 so I've been at for only five sessions. I must admit, I have also been doing a lot of heavy squats and deadlifts (heavy for me), core and flexibility at the gym the last few months. Nevertheless, hitting balls with my gamer M2 tonight, which again is typically 111-113 on SSR, I hit 120 a few times in a row. I'll be the first to admit SSR numbers may be a little high, but the key takeaway is that my speed has increased. I'm about to turn 39 in a few weeks, so I would just be happy with at least maintaining and maybe a little increase. How much of it is the working out and other training vs the overspeed? That's difficult to say, but even my super speed training numbers have increased steadily. In my first session, the average of my last three swings with light/green was 118 and max was 120. Tonight average of the last three was 126 with 127 max. Every drill from both sides has seen gains, with more gains on the left handed to the point in which the speeds are getting very close right handed, my natural side.The point, stick with it people. If you stay committed, make sure you're warming up and make sure you're working out, improvement can happen. The key for me now is to go even harder and make sure these gains stick!

Nice....I think this perfectly illustrates what power is.....strength(gym) + speed (overspeed training) gives you power. It takes work but well worth it!

So I was a good 12 weeks into the Super Speed training, and due to extreme stress and anxiety issues, I had to take about 6 weeks off. It was mainly due to me pushing myself to much both physically and at work, without adequate rest. So I just started working out again, and started at the beginning of the program.

Before I had to stop, I did notice a difference with distance, even in the colder weather that I was playing and practicing in. I didn't feel like I was swinging any harder, but the ball would definitely travel farther, especially off the driver. Irons were probably 1/2 club longer, which isn't much, but it's still something. It's a great training tool and program for any golfer.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I am sure many agree that combination of workout (warm-up, weight lifting, flexing and stretching) and SSG is crucial. Now I put more effort on developing and conditioning my body than SSG not to get back injury. Also, I am less tired after a round. Over holiday weekend, I went clubbing with my wife and other couples till 3 am after a round, which I have not done for ages.

It may sound like a simple overload but.... there is way more effort to make it happen and sustain.

guys, isn't it fun to watch your buddies' jaws drop?

Going to order this to use with my HS team. I seem to remember getting an email with a 10% off code at some point but I cannot seem to find it. Anyone know anything?

Oh yeah I'm going to do it too.

The Golf Strategy School podcast interviewed the owners (Mike and Kyle) and had a promo code of 'Golf Strategy' for 15% off. No idea if it's still valid.

It's definitely worth listening to that interview to get a fuller understanding of the product and the principles behind it.

sho second round of this dealio. Last year went 103 to 107... My question should I swing my Word not allowed off like last year or stay in balance?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

That's funny... I literally went there one hour ago because I'd bought a white board specifically to write down a list of the warmup exercises and noticed the same thing. The warm-up exercise is also down on their site!

I went to the Tyler Parsons warmup on YouTube and wrote down those exercises instead. Very different warmup, but the dude knows what he's doing so it'll work for me.

That's funny... I literally went there one hour ago because I'd bought a white board specifically to write down a list of the warmup exercises and noticed the same thing. The warm-up exercise is also down on their site!

I went to the Tyler Parsons warmup on YouTube and wrote down those exercises instead. Very different warmup, but the dude knows what he's doing so it'll work for me.

Tyler's warmup is addition to the SSG warmup.

Tyler's warmup is addition to the SSG warmup.

Thanks. Until they put it back up I'll have to go by memory. I hope when they repost it that they update the music. It was weird.

Figured I'd share some of my results so far. I stayed with the program pretty well at the start, but then had a pretty long break (as you can see in the graphs) and haven't gotten back into it quite yet. My goal is to get back in Protocol 1 with the kneeling swings and do it twice a week. Also get back into a gym routine twice a week, 2017 was not a good gym year for me. Obviously not all muscle, but went from low to mid 160 lbs to 150 lbs. I have been working some on flexibility and trying to max my shoulder rotation which I think have allowed me to somewhat keep up my SS.

Graph values are max per set only, not averages. First few weeks was three swings per set only, then I started doing 5 swings each set even though I was in the intro protocol, three just didn't seem like enough to progress.

Note that I did have my SS radar on baseball mode the first one or two sessions and it appears that this produces lower SS values, so the initial gains are a bit exaggerated.

I only posted my standing right handed and left handed swings, step-ins have a similar tendency, in general a few mph higher. I got 9 sessions in with the kneeling-swings, saw a pretty big jump from the first to the second time, likely from getting the technique and balance figured out a bit better, after that pretty steady.

When I had a lesson with a Trackman early 2017 my driver SS was 108-110 mph. With the SS radar I have been between 110-121 mph, most commonly 112-116 mph. Pretty sure my SS radar is touch high on the readings as I haven't seen any major gains in my driver carry distance.

LOL. i agree. So stupid it got stuck in my head.

Yep, I can't remember the exercises, but I can't forget the music. Go figure.

Is this the one, dynamic warm-up, or did they have a static one? Might have been re-posted because it doesn't have many views. That is a weird song for a warm-up session. With that music and some of the moves it makes me think of something Napoleon Dynamite would do :D

Wow, the second stage of this SSG program is a big increase in activity! Adding the kneeling, plus bumping up the reps to 5 makes it seem almost like a workout.

I ended up ordering this pad, and it worked well. I wish it was a little wider, but it seems like it'll do the job for this program.

https://www.amazon.c...ef=yo_pop_mb_pd

Hey all I'm new here first post! I like the forum. Lots of interesting discussions.

3 Jack Parr- I'm just about right with you on the start on Protocol 1from 12-17 and you are right, this is a tough demanding workout. I do a treadmill walk every day to get my Fitbit 10k steps goal but this is all out go hard type exercise. I have been very good in sticking with the program even though it was 12 degrees in my garage last week where I need to do this program.

Don't want to bore everyone with my stats especially as I am starting out way slow with my last summer 180 yards drives 75mph senior swing speed, so this is really exciting if I can get to increase up to an 85-90 swing speed mph for 220 yard drives. No more 3 and 5 woods in hand for long par 4's would be super.

It's been a while since I've posted here - didn't realize this forum had been getting so much activity! Excited to catch up.

I'm almost a year in to SS training, with less frequent use during the summer. Would love to compare notes or get advice from other folks that have been doing the training for a while. Here's a summary of where I've been..

On the course...

- There's little doubt I was longer in general during this past season. That was definitely noticed by guys I played with.

With the Training...

- I jumped up about 20% on my dominant side in the first few weeks. While there were no doubt gains, I think the spike is exaggerated by just being more comfortable swinging inside. Way up on the left side. I peaked a bit last spring, but mostly, I've pretty much plateaued since that first spike.

On trackman...

- I've been surprised (and a little bummed) that I haven't seen larger gains when I'm on a trackman. I pretty much have lived 105-107, 110+ if I step on it, which isn't all that different from before training. As is the case with most people, though, I'm pretty sure my swing is faster out on the course.

In Summary...

So, from a pure numbers perspective, while I'm 15% faster with the SS training, that has translated to about 1-3% in terms of club head speed. Using more context though, I definitely think the gains are more than that.

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, and any advice for getting over this plateau.

Looking at my averages from my Flightscope sessions, My gains while swinging a club were roughly +3.6 mph more with the driver. What I noticed was the more spikes of +110mph on the charts vs. earlier in the year where there were only a few that ticked 105mph. The speed sticks have a lot less wind resistance and my what is a 117mph swing with the blue club is probably my 110mph swing with the driver. I still yielded a lot of drives that were my personal best last season.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

It's been a while since I've posted here - didn't realize this forum had been getting so much activity! Excited to catch up.

I'm almost a year in to SS training, with less frequent use during the summer. Would love to compare notes or get advice from other folks that have been doing the training for a while. Here's a summary of where I've been..

On the course...

- There's little doubt I was longer in general during this past season. That was definitely noticed by guys I played with.

With the Training...

- I jumped up about 20% on my dominant side in the first few weeks. While there were no doubt gains, I think the spike is exaggerated by just being more comfortable swinging inside. Way up on the left side. I peaked a bit last spring, but mostly, I've pretty much plateaued since that first spike.

On trackman...

- I've been surprised (and a little bummed) that I haven't seen larger gains when I'm on a trackman. I pretty much have lived 105-107, 110+ if I step on it, which isn't all that different from before training. As is the case with most people, though, I'm pretty sure my swing is faster out on the course.

In Summary...

So, from a pure numbers perspective, while I'm 15% faster with the SS training, that has translated to about 1-3% in terms of club head speed. Using more context though, I definitely think the gains are more than that.

Curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, and any advice for getting over this plateau.

I am having similar experience. However I am caution to commit completely to the program with the fear of developing bad swing habits. I am probably on average doing the training program once per week.

I guess I am using the program as maintenance, but am I am also working to improve my flexibility and strength. I have also started doing drive 400 swing speed drills and after the first 2 weeks I feel an increase. Hopefully I will be able to confirm soon once the weather clears up.

Looking at my averages from my Flightscope sessions, My gains while swinging a club were roughly +3.6 mph more with the driver. What I noticed was the more spikes of +110mph on the charts vs. earlier in the year where there were only a few that ticked 105mph. The speed sticks have a lot less wind resistance and my what is a 117mph swing with the blue club is probably my 110mph swing with the driver. I still yielded a lot of drives that were my personal best last season.

I wonder if you’re subconsciously holding back in order to make solid contact? If that’s the case, then maybe hitting the ball as hard as you can for 10 balls or so for a few practice sessions can help remove that internal governor and allow some more of those gains to show up when you’re hitting a ball?

Is this the one, dynamic warm-up, or did they have a static one? Might have been re-posted because it doesn't have many views. That is a weird song for a warm-up session. With that music and some of the moves it makes me think of something Napoleon Dynamite would do :D

yes the warm-up video on Youtube is back in business. I am glad so. I did it with my daughters yesterday.. They like the simplicity of stretch.

On Sunday, I started Level 1. I thought kneeling was dreadful but it was not actually. I will report the progress in a week of two. I continue to break records here and there. But like you guys, I am concern with swing on course. Yesterday, I had a round with my buddies; my upper body rotated way too fast and completely was out of sync. Two good drives only (one, I outdrove everyone and the other, my 3 wood drive was fat as their driver drive). It was my lower body rotating too fast before.

Another issue was that my new (heavier) driver felt too light. Does anyone have the same issue?

Anyways, time for me to slow down and sync.

yes the warm-up video on Youtube is back in business. I am glad so. I did it with my daughters yesterday.. They like the simplicity of stretch.

On Sunday, I started Level 1. I thought kneeling was dreadful but it was not actually. I will report the progress in a week of two. I continue to break records here and there. But like you guys, I am concern with swing on course. Yesterday, I had a round with my buddies; my upper body rotated way too fast and completely was out of sync. Two good drives only (one, I outdrove everyone and the other, my 3 wood drive was fat as their driver drive). It was my lower body rotating too fast before.

Another issue was that my new (heavier) driver felt too light. Does anyone have the same issue?

Anyways, time for me to slow down and sync.

Don't slow down to sync, speed up the slow part. The step in swings should be helping your lower body sync, maybe you try that with a faster step.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think the point of this is to preserve and protect the swing that you are going to use when you play golf. I think the point is to train your body to swing faster, period.

And I don't think you're likely to hurt your "real" swing with the number of reps that the SuperSpeed program calls for, either; it's not even a small bucket of balls at the range. If I do a good job of getting set at the top and then really turning it loose on the downswing, then it's hard to imagine what harm I could be doing to my swing.

On the course...

With the Training...

On trackman...

In Summary...

You’ll see 3 Jack has started this, might be a problem for you going forward as you play with him a few times a year ?.

Stick with doing it 2-3 times a week, or close to? Miles just put out a blog piece on this (what up Dom), mentions 2-3 times a week and everyone picked up 5-10 mph in a month or two, which is right around when you peaked. I’d be curious to know if the next step is to hit the gym along with the program, or maybe look into the long drive set which I assume inlcudes some different weights on each end of the spectrum. I’d imagine gym, lots of stretching, and keeping up with these would be the standard advice to continue getting faster.

I’m starting it up later this week, wanted to get in a good gym routine before hand that I’ll now add this into.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

On the course...

With the Training...

On trackman...

In Summary...

You'll see 3 Jack has started this, might be a problem for you going forward as you play with him a few times a year .

Stick with doing it 2-3 times a week, or close to? Miles just put out a blog piece on this (what up Dom), mentions 2-3 times a week and everyone picked up 5-10 mph in a month or two, which is right around when you peaked. I'd be curious to know if the next step is to hit the gym along with the program, or maybe look into the long drive set which I assume inlcudes some different weights on each end of the spectrum. I'd imagine gym, lots of stretching, and keeping up with these would be the standard advice to continue getting faster.

I'm starting it up later this week, wanted to get in a good gym routine before hand that I'll now add this into.

I've been doing it every 2-3 days. It's pretty easy to fit into a schedule. The introductory protocol takes less than 10 minutes, and even moving on to the protocol 1 where you add kneeling swings and up the reps from 3-5, I get through it in about 15 minutes, tops. I have been trying to keep it moving, and not taking any breaks to rest, because I feel like I might as well take advantage of some of the exercise benefits. I'm not sure how much this whole program would contribute to added strength of flexibility -- not much, I'm guessing, unless you're really out of shape to start, and the point of the program as I understand it is to improve your ability to use the muscles you have more quickly and in sequence, so like you said, to keep adding speed after a point, I'd think you'd need to add strength and/or flexibility through exercise.

I've been wondering, if you do this program for a while and then stop, is the expectation that you'd revert to where you started, or does this train your body to swing faster, and make those results semi-permanent?

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I got a radar and I'm trying to do SS training more regularly this year. My focus is on the relationship between grip strength and the central nervous system and how they affect peak swing speed. I do my SS training after regular gym sessions and it is amazing how different work outs affect my speed. Days that are very heavy lifts and especially heavy lifts involving grip like dead lifts and weighted pull/chin ups are when my speed is the slowest after. Active recovery days or days where we do more volume and less weight are when I'm faster. A 10% variance in my speed between these two types of training days is very common. I'll be checking progress with my driver speed the first day of each month. Jan 1st my baseline driver speed was 123 (not hitting a ball) but this was done before any training that day to try to get a more accurate representation of starting speed.

BIG shout-out to "trippdudley" for hooking me up with the tracking spreadsheet. Thanks man!!

In week 3 of the Intro Protocol...1st day with a SSR...so...was able to get some baseline numbers (numbers are highest of 3 swings):

Green Right - 126

Green Left - 111

Blue Right - 122

Blue Left - 108

Red Right - 111

Red Left - 101

Step Change Green Right - 124

Step Change Green Left - 111

Step Change Blue Right - 121

Step Change Blue Left - 105

Step Change Red Right - 117

Step Change Red Left - 105

Last Swing Green - 132

I plan on tracking progress...and periodically reporting back with results.

Don't slow down to sync, speed up the slow part. The step in swings should be helping your lower body sync, maybe you try that with a faster step.

Thanx for the advice. I never thought of that. call me a conservative, I rather slow down, fix and get faster. For two nights, I analyzed my swing. With faster upper body, my swing path was so erratic. Then I slow down and was able to keep the club on the same path.

I also lifted weight last night (good ol' 30 min beach body 90 (pre-P90X) Circuit session with 10 lb dumbell) and Tyler Parson's full workout session. Then I did the Level 1. What a difference in SS! at least 10% slower than the previous session. Stiffer body makes huge difference. Post-workout stretch did not help at all.

For now, I want to keep SSG as part of my workout. I am not getting younger and not a bionic man. I will hit SS plateau at some point. But if the combination of workout can eliminate decades old gut off my body and I drive consistent 270+ yds or more without back pain, I will be happy.

BIG shout-out to "trippdudley" for hooking me up with the tracking spreadsheet. Thanks man!!

In week 3 of the Intro Protocol...1st day with a SSR...so...was able to get some baseline numbers (numbers are highest of 3 swings):

Green Right - 126

Green Left - 111

Blue Right - 122

Blue Left - 108

Red Right - 111

Red Left - 101

Step Change Green Right - 124

Step Change Green Left - 111

Step Change Blue Right - 121

Step Change Blue Left - 105

Step Change Red Right - 117

Step Change Red Left - 105

Last Swing Green - 132

I plan on tracking progress...and periodically reporting back with results.

I'm surprised to see you're slower on the step change swings than the stationary ones. I'm not using a radar, but I can tell just by sound that I'm a lot faster on the step swings than the normal ones, at least on my dominant side.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x